Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  All

Author Topic: BSR - Introducing the CVO wives support group  (Read 19892 times)

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
Re: BSR - Introducing the CVO wives support group
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2007, 12:05:37 PM »

I think at times the music ADDS to the riding experience...sometimes on the XM, the PERFECT song comes on for the setting you're in.  Makes a 100% great experience 110%  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
I know.  I never would have thought it. Before SEEG, I had no interest at all in having music on my bike.  I was given the bike and it just had stuff on it I did not even know about, let alone know that I would fall madly, obsessively in love with.  I am not sure how the producers of the XM stations can have that perfect song come on at the perfect moment, but they do.  A lot of times, Jamey and I listen to the same station, and a hand signal will come back to me to acknowledge that we are both listening to the same great song, together under that same great sky.  I'm not trying to necessarily promote XM, just trying to say that don't nix what you've never tried.  I didn't know I wanted it, but now, will never go to a bike, or a car for that matter, without it.  I just got a new car - XM went in.  

I do sometimes ride with just the sound of nature and my bike, but I seem to do this less and less over time.  Even if I just have the sound on low, I always have the music on, it seems. 

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2007, 12:26:21 PM »

I think at times the music ADDS to the riding experience...sometimes on the XM, the PERFECT song comes on for the setting you're in.  Makes a 100% great experience 110%  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

OH so true Terry!!!  :)
I like shiny stuff!

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2007, 12:33:08 PM »

Girl music? What is that exactly? Ya mean like the Dixie Chicks? Or do ya mean like some sappy love songs  :P

Anyway, I don't have a chance in hell gettin a sterio on a bike....it ain't gonna happen. But, I'm ok with it...I just like checkin out all the nature around me  :2vrolijk_21:

I LOVE the Dixie Chicks, oh and Sugarland!! Actually I love new country music which makes me happy dance in my BSR throne  :huepfenlol2: HE on the other hand loves the blues (and although I am a big fan of Big Mike Griffin and "some" other stuff) it just all starts to sound the same (sorry HB!!)

We didn't have music on the first bike we had and I was bored on anything but short trips UNLESS (and here's the real reason I love riding) we had people to ride with and socialize with on the stops. I don't have the "need for speed", hell I don't even like to drive my cage!! The fun for me is the fresh air and the friendships! I still prefer to have music, I've always been a big music lover. Besides, if ya never had it ya don't know what yer missing???  :D

MrsWe?? You are MORE than welcome to post with the BSR's!!
I like shiny stuff!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2007, 12:38:18 PM »

Agreed...since we wear the Nolan's 90% of the time on the Ultra, and the J&M headsets, I pipe the music into the helmets most of the time, then we each have our own volume control for the helmets, so we can pick according to the mood or environment.  When I'm dicing it up in traffic, I generally want no other distractions, while Diva can rock out to her heart's content.  On a nice twisty road, the right music can help get me into the rhythm of both the road and the bike.  Kind of all fits together sometimes...

I also keep an MP3 CD loaded all the time, so I can always pick the right song/band for the type of road I'm on if the XM isn't getting the job done.

Candy, what are your favorite stations?  I'm generally on 46...

Binx...if Howie won't get you a fairing with a stereo in it, get you and Ipod with a good set of ear plugs, and have an even bigger smile on your face!! ;D
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

harleydiva

« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2007, 12:41:15 PM »

OK, so I am not a BSR, so maybe should not be replying in this thread, but Binx, when you say there is no way to getting a radio, it reminded me that I, like you, used to think I would have no use for one. While my husband was riding the Road King, he would go through so many exotic attempts to create some way to get music to listen to.  The list is endless of what he tried, some cheap, some expensive, none met his expectations.  Then he got the SEEG and that was that.  I was just cheerfully going along listening to my engine and trying to perfect that shifting to what the engine sounded like and looking around at the sceneray and smelling the smells you get while cruising around our great country.  Three bikes later and my husband bought a SEEG for me for an anniversary present.  Well, it had bonuses that I had never even considered.  One of them was the radio.  He added XM to that and then, I became a fan on not only having tunes on the bike, but XM tunes.  Always great music, don't need to download anything, never know what the next great song will be, and you know, I can still hear my engine just fine.  I love it.  I'd just say that Never Say Never!   :cherry:

Hi MrsWe, Yep XM radio rocks.  :2vrolijk_21:   Terry has downloaded several of our favorite songs to c.d.'s so we alternate between radio and c.d. 

Riding behind my Man on a Harley
Communing with Nature
Listening to Tunes
Getting away from work
Sharing good times with CVO friends

Priceless!   :)

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2007, 12:44:57 PM »

...Candy, what are your favorite stations?  I'm generally on 46...
Channel 46 almost exclusively, but if the roads are real good and I am riding them real good (not always the way it is) then I like to kick it up a bit to Channel 49.  If I am feeling a little blue or not really wanting to rock, I will choose the year channels and sometimes listen to 60s and 70s.  Lots of choices.  When we drove last year to Florida (in car) we listened to the comedy channel for hours.  I am going to try to remember that station for the Nelson trip, for sure. 

harleydiva

« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2007, 12:48:52 PM »

I LOVE the Dixie Chicks, oh and Sugarland!! Actually I love new country music which makes me happy dance in my BSR throne  :huepfenlol2: HE on the other hand loves the blues (and although I am a big fan of Big Mike Griffin and "some" other stuff) it just all starts to sound the same (sorry HB!!)

We didn't have music on the first bike we had and I was bored on anything but short trips UNLESS (and here's the real reason I love riding) we had people to ride with and socialize with on the stops. I don't have the "need for speed", hell I don't even like to drive my cage!! The fun for me is the fresh air and the friendships! I still prefer to have music, I've always been a big music lover. Besides, if ya never had it ya don't know what yer missing???  :D

MrsWe?? You are MORE than welcome to post with the BSR's!!

Can't say I've ever been bored ... long or short trips.   :)   If we didn't have the music, I'd be fine.  Sometimes I turn the music down or off and just meditate. 
when we ride the VRod in town on weekends, we don't have music and I don't miss it.  Two bikes, two totally different riding experiences.   :2vrolijk_21:

Binx

• Hoist's BSR
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2007, 12:52:09 PM »

Binx...if Howie won't get you a fairing with a stereo in it, get you and Ipod with a good set of ear plugs, and have an even bigger smile on your face!! ;D

Hey now...that is not a bad idea at all!! Thanks!!  ;D
wut?

harleydiva

« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2007, 12:56:11 PM »

Hey now...that is not a bad idea at all!! Thanks!!  ;D

So Binx, have you ever taken a snooze while riding, or is Hoist moving too fast to snooze.   :nervous:   Sometimes when I'm heavy into meditation, I take a little cat nap.  :2vrolijk_21:   Terry can always tell when I'm napping because he can monitor my volume control.   ;D

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2007, 01:04:03 PM »

So Binx, have you ever taken a snooze while riding, or is Hoist moving too fast to snooze.   :nervous:   Sometimes when I'm heavy into meditation, I take a little cat nap.  :2vrolijk_21:   Terry can always tell when I'm napping because he can monitor my volume control.   ;D
I usually can tell that my BSR is napping when her head nods forward and I get the helmet to helmet contact on the back of my helmet. :oops: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Binx

• Hoist's BSR
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2007, 01:41:44 PM »

I usually can tell that my BSR is napping when her head nods forward and I get the helmet to helmet contact on the back of my helmet. :oops: :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Yep...I've been known to smack helmets   ::)  I do doze off from time to time...Hoist is moving so freakin fast the wind puts me to sleep!  ;)
wut?

harleydiva

« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2007, 01:57:20 PM »

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

;D

harleydiva

« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2007, 01:59:18 PM »

Yep...I've been known to smack helmets   ::)  I do doze off from time to time...Hoist is moving so freakin fast the wind puts me to sleep!  ;)

You should write a book about your travels with Hoist...maybe name it "Survival".   :D

Binx

• Hoist's BSR
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2007, 02:00:04 PM »

You should write a book about your travels with Hoist...maybe name it "Survival".   :D
:ROFLOL:
wut?

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2007, 02:19:37 PM »

Can't say I've ever been bored ... long or short trips.   :)   If we didn't have the music, I'd be fine.  Sometimes I turn the music down or off and just meditate. 
when we ride the VRod in town on weekends, we don't have music and I don't miss it.  Two bikes, two totally different riding experiences.   :2vrolijk_21:

HDiva!  ;D Maybe it depends on how long ya been riding BSR and no friends along?? Sometimes we don't have the music on and I'm fine too. Watching the other bikes OR it's a new and different route!

That helmet to helmet action happens with us too....but it's usually when a SHORT trip turns into a long one??  :P

I would SOOOO read that book Binx!! WRITE IT WRITE IT!!!  :huepfenlol2:
I like shiny stuff!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  All

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 22 queries.