Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8 [All]

Author Topic: Stephanie  (Read 15615 times)

REGGAB

Stephanie
« on: May 31, 2007, 10:06:23 PM »

When Renea and I got married in 1996, Stef came as part of the total package............and I must say that I am blessed to have her.  I'm the only Daddy she knows, and as far as I'm concerned, she is my daughter.  Alot has happened in the last 11 years.  For one thing, Stef is now 17 years old and will be 18 in October.  2002 was a rough year for us.  I was stationed in Korea (except for my first tour, which was in Germany, during my 21+ year Army career I always took one year overseas tours to Korea, since it meant I could come back to Ft. Campbell) that year when we found out that Stef had Neurofibromatosis.  There are myriad manifestations of the disease, but the one which concerned us was the benign tumor in her brain, which blocked the flow of cerebralspinal fluid, which caused hydrocephalus.  Her neurosurgeon told us that it had occured over time, since we hadn't noticed any neurological symptoms, but that she would eventually have to have a shunt.  Fast forward to Feb 2004.  Stef takes a fall and fractures her left hip.  Has surgery that evening to reduce the fracture.  APR 2004, her speech becomes slurred.  She can't balance during rehab.  She is constantly nauseated.  She has the shunt surgery, and almost immediately, she improves.  Jump ahead to Nov 2004.  Stef develops avascular necrosis in her hip.  DEC 2004 the hardware, which was used during the initial surgery is removed in preparation for a Free Vascularized Fibular Graft at Duke University, which she underwent in FEB 2005.  Basically, the fibula of the left leg was used as a graft to generate new bone growth in her hip.  That worked well, except she developed a pretty bad contracture in her left leg, which prevented her from flexing her leg straight down and back, like when one normally walks.  She endured endless PT and 2 soft tissue release surgeries, but not much range of motion was gained.  JUN 2006, her shunt fails.........right in the middle of our move to Huntsville.  That got us a quick flight to Birmingham for surgery to revise her shunt.  Again, once the shunt was revised, she was in great shape.  On 29 MAR 2007, she has the most radical procedure done to date.  Her orthopod released two tendons in her left leg and fixed an external fixator on her left hip.  It is the same treatment used for children with Perthes Disease.  She had to go back to the operating room on 24 APR for an adjustment, since the distraction was pulling her leg to the left instead of straight down.  She'll be in the fixator until July, but the good thing is she is perfectly straight now.  Once the fixator is surgically removed, she'll have to wear a brace for 5 months.  The goal is to have her walking with a normal gait for her senior prom and when she walks to get her diploma.  I've attached a picture of the external fixator shortly after Stef came out of surgery on 29 MAR.  It is attached in 3 places in her femur and three places in the dense bone of her pelvis.

Renea, Stef and I would greatly appreciate your thoughts and prayers for her full recovery.  Thanks for listening.

SPIDERMAN

Re: Stephanie
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 10:22:28 PM »

My kids are my life. You've got my meager prayers anytime you need them. Please tell Stephanie that stories like what you have written about her on this site become an inspiration to many people when they feel as though they can't go forward. Thank you for sharing and God Bless all of you

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 10:41:48 PM »

Prayers on the way...
And tell Steph. we are thinking about her.

DisAir

Psalms 34:18-20  The Lord is near the Brokenhearted, and saves those who are
crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous; but the Lord delivers
him out of them all. He keeps all of his bones;not one of them is broken.
2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 10:45:33 PM »

Prayers on the way...

DisAir

crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous; but the Lord delivers

Barry,
        You fillin in for JR buddy ?  Good job brother, keep it goin

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 11:35:02 PM »

My prayers are with you and your daughter.  May she be better than ever.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 11:59:40 PM »

Good lord, poor girl.  Gone through more than anyone ever deserves.  Strong young woman, strong family.  Sounds like you're seeing light at the end of the tunnel now.  Best of all possible wishes toward continued recovery and happiness. 

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 12:13:45 AM »

Prayers from half way round the world and closer soon.  You are fortunate to have the strong family it takes to power through the obstacles she has faced, keep that strong bond and we'll pray that the prom and graduation see her dancing and walking to receive her diploma.

Rog

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 12:22:05 AM »

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers..god bless for all to be strong and healthy
and thank you sir for your service....
i have fought throught the EFMP puzzle myself for 16 years..  i know how much fun the army ( and our good frineds at TryandgetCare)makes that!!

REGGAB

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 12:48:57 AM »

My kids are my life. You've got my meager prayers anytime you need them. Please tell Stephanie that stories like what you have written about her on this site become an inspiration to many people when they feel as though they can't go forward. Thank you for sharing and God Bless all of you

Thanks BB.  I have another story concerning my 21 year old daughter that I'll share later.  There is nothing more special than our children.  They are what life is all about.  Stef has been a huge inspiration to me.  Whenever I feel like the world is crapping all over me, I think of Stef, and I'm tempted to find someone willing to kick my a$$ and knock some fugging sense into me.  Very much appreciate your kind thoughts.

REGGAB

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 12:51:21 AM »

Prayers on the way...

DisAir

Thanks Barry.  I hope you are healing as well, and that you get that melon fixed up real sweet.  I'll give you a holler next time I head into Clarksville on a Saturday, and we'll grab lunch at Knockum Hill BBQ in Herndon, KY.

REGGAB

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 12:52:03 AM »

Barry,
        You fillin in for JR buddy ?  Good job brother, keep it goin

Amen to that.

REGGAB

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2007, 12:53:02 AM »

My prayers are with you and your daughter.  May she be better than ever.

Thanks Brother.  Very much appreciate your kind thoughts and words.

REGGAB

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2007, 12:58:51 AM »

Good lord, poor girl.  Gone through more than anyone ever deserves.  Strong young woman, strong family.  Sounds like you're seeing light at the end of the tunnel now.  Best of all possible wishes toward continued recovery and happiness. 

Thanks, Don.  Like I told BB, she's an inspiration to me when I think I have it rough.  She never wavers.  Rock steady.  Steady Rock!  Although I could do better as a God fearing man, each and every day I kneel down and thank God for his rich blessings upon me and my family.  I have a wonderful family, and I love them dearly.  Now............if I could just get some friggin' sleep.  ;D  Very much appreciate your well wishes, and I do hope I get to meet you the next time you are down Alabama way.  Better still, next time Renea and I get a hankerin' for some Throwed Rolls at Lambert's Cafe in Sikeston, would you consider meeting us for lunch?

REGGAB

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2007, 01:01:01 AM »

Prayers from half way round the world and closer soon.  You are fortunate to have the strong family it takes to power through the obstacles she has faced, keep that strong bond and we'll pray that the prom and graduation see her dancing and walking to receive her diploma.

Rog

Thanks for the well wishes, Roger, and thank you for reminding me of the good fortune I have in my family.  I truely love them with all my heart.  We're really looking forward to clearing these last few hurdles.

REGGAB

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2007, 01:04:51 AM »

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers..god bless for all to be strong and healthy
and thank you sir for your service....
i have fought throught the EFMP puzzle myself for 16 years..  i know how much fun the army ( and our good frineds at TryandgetCare)makes that!!

Thank you very much for your wellwishes.  And THANK YOU for your continued service to our great nation.  Since I'm now retired and working as a materiel developer, it is my desire to ensure you are fielded with exavtly what you need to accomplish your mission.  To that end eash day I strive.  "TryandgetCare"  Never heard thatone before, but it is funny and fitting.  Makes me glad I bought that supplement through MOAA.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2007, 02:11:15 AM »

Better still, next time Renea and I get a hankerin' for some Throwed Rolls at Lambert's Cafe in Sikeston, would you consider meeting us for lunch?

That's affirmed.

REGGAB

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2007, 03:05:20 AM »

That's affirmed.

It'll be our pleasure and our treat.  Would be great to meet you.  I'll keep you posted.  I'll try to let you know a week ahead of time if we can sneak away.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2007, 07:55:53 AM »

Wow that is some hardship for your daughter,you and the rest of the family to go through. I wish her a speedy recovery.
Our thoughts and prayers will be for her and your whole family.

REGGAB

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2007, 09:05:04 AM »

Wow that is some hardship for your daughter,you and the rest of the family to go through. I wish her a speedy recovery.
Our thoughts and prayers will be for her and your whole family.

Thanks much, Eagle.  Very much appreciated.

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2007, 11:25:22 AM »

Sounds like the good lord was watching over her to give her such a loving and caring and protective Daddy (anyone can be a father, it takes someone very special to be a daddy!!)

She appears to be a strong and I know very inspiring (to me) daughter! Thanks for sharing her struggles in that we all can remember to be grateful for all the blessings in our lives.

Speedy recovery and a life of good health and happiness!
I like shiny stuff!

REGGAB

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2007, 11:29:01 AM »

Sounds like the good lord was watching over her to give her such a loving and caring and protective Daddy (anyone can be a father, it takes someone very special to be a daddy!!)

She appears to be a strong and I know very inspiring (to me) daughter! Thanks for sharing her struggles in that we all can remember to be grateful for all the blessings in our lives.

Speedy recovery and a life of good health and happiness!

Thank you very much, Ma'am!  I'll share your thoughts with her when I get home this evening.  My pleasure to make your acquaintance. :2vrolijk_21:

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2007, 11:57:05 AM »

My thoughts and prayers go out to your daughter and you and your family. Its tough when you have to see anyones children suffer and especially when its your own. Godspeed Bro. Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

REGGAB

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2007, 12:01:25 PM »

My thoughts and prayers go out to your daughter and you and your family. Its tough when you have to see anyones children suffer and especially when its your own. Godspeed Bro. Later,Q

Thank you very much, Big Daddy!  Very much appreciated.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2007, 12:03:08 PM »

Thoughts and prayers for your daughter and family as well. Tough times.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

REGGAB

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2007, 12:07:07 PM »

Thoughts and prayers for your daughter and family as well. Tough times.

Thank you very much, Bro.  Very much appreciated!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2007, 12:09:10 PM »

Thank you very much, Bro.  Very much appreciated!

Not that much, but is is sincere, Bro.

Where is Meridianville?

REGGAB

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2007, 12:43:00 PM »

Not that much, but is is sincere, Bro.

Where is Meridianville?

Brother, please trust me when I tell you your words of encouragement, thoughts and prayers are worth more than anything imaginable.  You're a great Brother.  Thank you so much for keeping my family in your thoughts.

Meridianville is about 7 miles north of Huntsville on US HWY 231/431.  I've placed a pin marker where my house is located on the map in my profile.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2007, 01:39:30 PM »

You know you guys have been in my thoughts since you told me months ago. And you still are! All the best for her full and complete recovery Henry! Regards to Renea too! Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

REGGAB

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2007, 01:59:27 PM »

You know you guys have been in my thoughts since you told me months ago. And you still are! All the best for her full and complete recovery Henry! Regards to Renea too! Hoist! 8)

Roger That, Howie!  You're a GR8 Bro!  Thank you so much!  We appreciate your kind words, thoughts and prayers as well as those of all the members of this great establishment.

harleydiva

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2007, 03:11:41 PM »

Henry, give Steph and Renea big hugs from me.  I've only met Steph the one time, but I could tell that she's a trooper.

I still want Renea to teach me how to quilt before I get too old and arthritic to do so.   :P   ;D 

Keep us posted on Steph's progress.

Suzanne

REGGAB

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2007, 03:26:37 PM »

Henry, give Steph and Renea big hugs from me.  I've only met Steph the one time, but I could tell that she's a trooper.

I still want Renea to teach me how to quilt before I get too old and arthritic to do so.   :P   ;D 

Keep us posted on Steph's progress.

Suzanne

Consider it done, Suzanne.  Thank you.  If you can get Terry to bring you up to our house for a weekend, you could sit with Renea, since she is currently working on another quilt.  We have plenty of space for you, Terry, Shug, and Nell.  You're welcome anytime.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2007, 03:26:50 PM »

Henry,
Our thoughts and prayers go out to Stephanie and your family.  She's had to endure more in her rather short life then anyone should in their whole lifetime.  She sounds like a strong young woman and setting the goal of the prom and graduation is super...something for her to strive for and obtain.  I know that all of this has had to be hard on your family as a whole...it takes very strong people to deal with and maintain what you've had to go through.  God bless you all and God's speed to Stephanie for a speedy and complete recovery.

Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

REGGAB

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2007, 03:31:12 PM »

Henry,
Our thoughts and prayers go out to Stephanie and your family.  She's had to endure more in her rather short life then anyone should in their whole lifetime.  She sounds like a strong young woman and setting the goal of the prom and graduation is super...something for her to strive for and obtain.  I know that all of this has had to be hard on your family as a whole...it takes very strong people to deal with and maintain what you've had to go through.  God bless you all and God's speed to Stephanie for a speedy and complete recovery.

Thank you very much Red.  You're a Great Bro, and we very much appreciate your well wishes.  We're definitely going to be there to help her in every possible way to achieve her goal of going to her senior prom and walking across that stage to receive her diploma.............and you can bet your next paycheck that her ol' man is going to be crying like a baby.......and I'm not one bit ashamed to admit it.  Thanks again, Brother.

REGGAB

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2007, 11:43:36 PM »

Each day Stef has the Exfix, she has to spend 16 hours in a constant passive motion machine, which articulates her left leg from -10 degrees extension to 70 degrees flexion.  He orthopod also has us pushing her leg up to 90 degrees flexion manually since the CPM won't go that high.  I just took her off the CPM and worked her leg to 90 degrees.  It is amazing how well she is doing.  She is having some referred pain in her knee and ankle, but it passes with NSAIDs.  She refuses to take anything narcotic anymore.  We keep it around for breakthrough pain, but it has mostly gone unused, and is going to be flushed soon.  She's getting ready for bed now.  Once she gets in bed, I have to install the lock bar which completely locks her hip and keeps her body perfectly straight.  It is so cool to see her doing this well.  I really love that Girl.  She gets whiney every now and then, but for the most part, she is as solid as a rock................and we she does whine, it is because she wants to get out of the house, go to the mall and be a normal 17 year old young lady.  We take her to the mall............but..........you guys have seen the Exfix.  She has to have her lower body wrapped in a sheet, or she wears those oversized sport pants that button up each side.  Still this thing beats the heck out of that spica cast she was in after the initial break in 2004.  July can't get here fast enough for her.  I think its time to check on her and hit the rack myself.  G'night!

REGGAB

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2007, 12:16:24 PM »

Good morning Folks!  Renea got Stef out of the house this morning to go do "Girl Stuff," whatever that is.  Anyway, they got back a few minutes ago, and I had not long earlier finished the first Glare coat on the scoot, so it was sitting in the sun in preparation for the second coat.  I took this picture of Stef a few minutes ago, and I thought I'd share it with you.  This is my little Girl.............even though she is quite the remarkable, strong, and very intelligent young lady.  So I'm a VERY proud Daddy!  Don't worry sweetie..........we'll be riding the Dragon before the summer is over.  Yep, she's wearing a Deal's Gap T-shirt.

REGGAB

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2007, 12:28:01 PM »

And no photo shoot would be complete without a picture of the LOVE of my life, the Mother of my Daughter.  This is my lovely Bride, Renea.  HOT HOT HOT!!!!

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2007, 01:25:59 PM »

Henry,

Thanks for letting everybody know about your beautiful daughter. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. I know she’ll walk down to get her diploma, she has family and friends around her to help her stay strong.

I had come close to losing my son when he was only 20 hours old, now 18, and reading through all the posts reminded me again how lucky I’ve been and how scared I was when I was going through those times.

I wish there was something I could share with you and your family, some worldly thoughts of inspiration, I can say that your post has touched all of us and you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Ed
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

srqseeg

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2007, 01:40:02 PM »

REGGAB ,

Thanks for your service and sharing Stephanie's story!  What a brave young lady!!

If you think it would help, my son offers your daughter a free sensory aid.  He played professional baseball and invented a weighted sensory aid to reduce arm injuries.  Quite accidently, found it helps people with all sorts of sensory disorders and neurological issues.  Being used for balance, calming, awareness, etc.  Just let me know which size and address and will get you one.  God Bless you and your whole family!  The site to visit to learn more is www.sensorybelt.com
 ;)

REGGAB

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2007, 02:36:11 PM »

Henry,

Thanks for letting everybody know about your beautiful daughter. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. I know she’ll walk down to get her diploma, she has family and friends around her to help her stay strong.

I had come close to losing my son when he was only 20 hours old, now 18, and reading through all the posts reminded me again how lucky I’ve been and how scared I was when I was going through those times.

I wish there was something I could share with you and your family, some worldly thoughts of inspiration, I can say that your post has touched all of us and you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Ed

Thank you very much, Ed!  Hey, BTW, where did you find that picture of me as a little boy to use as your avatar?  :D ;D ;) 8)  Anyway, Ed words mean more than you know, and are certainly welcome encouragement for Stef and all of us.  We very much appreciate your thoughts.  We're blessed to have fine folks like you keeping us in your thoughts and prayers.  You've touched us all...........especially Stef.  Thanks. 8)

REGGAB

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2007, 02:40:36 PM »

REGGAB ,

Thanks for your service and sharing Stephanie's story!  What a brave young lady!!

If you think it would help, my son offers your daughter a free sensory aid.  He played professional baseball and invented a weighted sensory aid to reduce arm injuries.  Quite accidently, found it helps people with all sorts of sensory disorders and neurological issues.  Being used for balance, calming, awareness, etc.  Just let me know which size and address and will get you one.  God Bless you and your whole family!  The site to visit to learn more is www.sensorybelt.com
 ;)

Thanks for your kind words, seeg.  We very much appreciate your keeping Stef in your thoughts and prayers.  Soldiers, even us old retired Soldiers appreciate knowing our country appreciates us and our service to our Great and Wonderful Nation.
I'll research this device and inquire about it with her neurosurgeon at UAB Children's Hospital.  Upon his verticle head nod, I'll be in touch.  Thank you very much for the offer.

srqseeg

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2007, 03:41:11 PM »

Just let me know and all the best!

REGGAB

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2007, 04:40:44 PM »

Just let me know and all the best!
WILCO.

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2007, 05:02:40 PM »

Great to see your daughter up and about and looking happy too. Hope you share many years of joy together with your family.

:)

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

Tommy2Tall

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2007, 05:50:03 PM »

Hey REGGAB, I my self had a pretty hard teenage life.  At the age of 14 I was diagnosed with AVN (too lazy to spell it all out).  So I know what pain is involved with that, at the age of 24 (5 years ago) I had to have a full left hip replacement, and had to relearn to walk at the same time my nephew was learing.  So what that lead to too was many days of a train consisting of myself, my nephew, and my 16 yo Shih-tzu doing laps back and forth in the house.  To endure all your daughter has is remarkable, and I hope it only improves, if she ever wants anyone who as been through the same troubles and pains as herself tell her to drop me a line at uncbaboy@gmail.com.  I may not have neem through all she has but I have a good idea.  You and your family are in my families thoughts, good luck and good health.

Tommy
2007 CV0 Amarillo Gold and Candy Tangerine Springer
2000 Burgundy Heritage Softail Springer
1996 Black and Silver Sportster 1200C

REGGAB

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2007, 06:05:28 PM »

Great to see your daughter up and about and looking happy too. Hope you share many years of joy together with your family.

:)

Nige

Thank you very much, Nige, for your warm thoughts and wellwishes.  BTW, Hoist tells me you're a single malt man.  Stop by sometime.  I have a cabinet full of The Glenlivet 12, 15 French Oak, and 18, with which I'm sure I'll need help consuming! :2vrolijk_21:

REGGAB

« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2007, 06:16:34 PM »

Hey REGGAB, I my self had a pretty hard teenage life.  At the age of 14 I was diagnosed with AVN (too lazy to spell it all out).  So I know what pain is involved with that, at the age of 24 (5 years ago) I had to have a full left hip replacement, and had to relearn to walk at the same time my nephew was learing.  So what that lead to too was many days of a train consisting of myself, my nephew, and my 16 yo Shih-tzu doing laps back and forth in the house.  To endure all your daughter has is remarkable, and I hope it only improves, if she ever wants anyone who as been through the same troubles and pains as herself tell her to drop me a line at uncbaboy@gmail.com.  I may not have neem through all she has but I have a good idea.  You and your family are in my families thoughts, good luck and good health.

Tommy

Hi Tommy!  Thank you very much for your warm thoughts and wellwishes.  Sounds to me like you had Perthes Disease, which is non-trauma induced Avascular Necrosis (AVN) of the hip.  As previously mentioned, Stef's AVN was trauma induced.  As you can see from the huge exfix on her left hip, she is going through the Perthes Disease treatment protocol, which was basically the only rehabilitative procedure she hasn't endured, since everything else has either failed, or caused other undesirable effects.  The reason she is going through the Perthes Disease protocol is to help her regain the ROM she lost during her Free Vascularized Fibular Graft of FEB 2005.  She couldn't extend her leg more than 10 degrees from the verticle, so her orthopod consulted with colleagues, and it was decided that the tendon releases performed during the Perthes Disease protocol would greatly increase the ROM in her hip.  It looks like she is going to have success this time, because when that lock bar is in, she is as straight as a piece of calibrated granite.  Anyway, I'll pass your info to her.  Thanks again for your wellwishes.

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2007, 06:48:31 PM »

Thank you very much, Nige, for your warm thoughts and wellwishes.  BTW, Hoist tells me you're a single malt man.  Stop by sometime.  I have a cabinet full of The Glenlivet 12, 15 French Oak, and 18, with which I'm sure I'll need help consuming! :2vrolijk_21:

I don't need a second invitation for that. Where the heck is Meridianville anyway ?

Guess you will become part of the pickup ride for next year. I have been drinking a fantastic Glenlivet 12 year old first fill from Bourbon Casks just lately - it is the business. better see if i can save you one for next year. (That could be difficult !!!)

;D

Nige
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 04:27:26 AM by ahog110 SERK »
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

REGGAB

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2007, 08:15:06 PM »

I don't need a second invitation for that. Where the heck is Meridianville anyway ?

Guess you will become part of the pickup ride for next year. I have been drinding a fantastic Glenlivet 12 year old first fill from Bourbon Casks just lately - it is the business. better see if i can save you one for next year. (That could be difficult !!!)

;D

Nige

Meridianville is about 7 miles north of Huntsville, Alabama on US HWY 231/431.  I've pin marked my house on the map in my profile.  I hope to become part of the pickup ride for next year.  Glenlivet from Bourbon Casks sounds very good.  Each year around Christmas time, Renea allows me to order a Glenlivet 21 year old.  It doesn't last long, and I've never shared it, since I normally keep mum about it.  Plus, it takes the Class VI store a pretty good while to find one and get it to me.  Usually the box is dusty, but I always manage to get a box once a year.  It costs a quarter of a day's pay, but it is well worth it.  Perhaps I can cut back in other discretionary spending this year, get two, and save one for your visit.  I really do like the single malts.

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2007, 09:57:33 PM »

Henry, what a beautiful smile on a great girl! I don't know that I could smile like that if I had to go through those tribulations. God bless you and your family. I'll be praying for all of you.
Jerry
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

REGGAB

« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2007, 10:23:59 PM »

Henry, what a beautiful smile on a great girl! I don't know that I could smile like that if I had to go through those tribulations. God bless you and your family. I'll be praying for all of you.
Jerry

Jerry, thank you very much!  I'll be sure she knows you said that.  She is a very strong young lady.  She's been through alot, but you know what they say............that which doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.  No wonder she possesses such strength.  Thank you for your thoughts, prayers and wellwishes.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2007, 05:47:45 AM »

Prayers and great wishes to your entire family.  Thank you for sharing your life story with us.  It means a lot.  Actually, thanks to all of your sharing very personal life stories.  No wonder this is such a great site.  There is lots here about our CVO bikes, but there is so much more here about our loves, lives and passions. 

:cherry:

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2007, 05:55:59 AM »

That's one tough little girl, I hope everything works out fine for your family, I will remember her in my prayers and best wishes tp you all, Steph looks as though she'll break some hearts.   It is great to see her up and about.

REGGAB

« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2007, 08:20:50 AM »

Prayers and great wishes to your entire family.  Thank you for sharing your life story with us.  It means a lot.  Actually, thanks to all of your sharing very personal life stories.  No wonder this is such a great site.  There is lots here about our CVO bikes, but there is so much more here about our loves, lives and passions. 

:cherry:

Thanks Candy!

REGGAB

« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2007, 08:24:12 AM »

That's one tough little girl, I hope everything works out fine for your family, I will remember her in my prayers and best wishes tp you all, Steph looks as though she'll break some hearts.   It is great to see her up and about.

Thanks Smiler.  Your thoughts and prayers are very much appreciated.  We're hoping hearts are the only things she'll be breaking, and I for one hope she breaks alot of them until she gets through her undergraduate degree.  We're pretty stoked about her drive and prognosis.  Thanks again.

REGGAB

Re: Stephanie (GREAT NEWS) UPDATE!!!!!!!
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2007, 01:01:27 PM »

Mornin' everyone!
Renea took Stef down to UAB Children's Hospital this morning for a follow-up appointment.  The external fixator is scheduled for surgical removal on 27 JULY 2007!!!!!  WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!  I'm SO Stoked!  And you can only imagine how great Stef feels seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  Measurements today:  -10 degrees extension, 98 degrees flexion.  No binding, ratcheting or pain.  GR8 Stuff!  Appears your thoughts, prayers and vibes are paying HUGE dividends for my daughter.  Thanks!!!!!  :2vrolijk_21: :orange: :mango: :bananarock: :apple: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2007, 01:05:04 PM »

Mornin' everyone!
Renea took Stef down to UAB Children's Hospital this morning for a follow-up appointment.  The external fixator is scheduled for surgical removal on 27 JULY 2007!!!!!  WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!  I'm SO Stoked!  And you can only imagine how great Stef feels seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  Measurements today:  -10 degrees extension, 98 degrees flexion.  No binding, ratcheting or pain.  GR8 Stuff!  Appears your thoughts, prayers and vibes are paying HUGE dividends for my daughter.  Thanks!!!!!  :2vrolijk_21: :orange: :mango: :bananarock: :apple: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper:

Great news Henry! We'll just have to keep her in our thoughts so she gets better even quicker! You guys gotta be psyched about this progress! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2007, 01:18:47 PM »

Keep it up!  It's great to hear this type of news!
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

harleydiva

« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2007, 01:50:45 PM »

Mornin' everyone!

Henry, that is GREAT news!   :2vrolijk_21:

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2007, 02:08:54 PM »

... Appears your thoughts, prayers and vibes are paying HUGE dividends for my daughter.  Thanks!!!!!  :2vrolijk_21: :orange: :mango: :bananarock: :apple: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper:

Fantastic news.  Stephanie, keep up the good work.  We are all cheering you on.   :bananarock:

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2007, 02:14:12 PM »

Mornin' everyone!

Thats really great Henry! I'm so glad to hear it. I'll be thinking about yall. Keep us posted.

Hobo :2vrolijk_21:
2001 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide (FLTRSEI2)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2007, 05:39:04 PM »

Appears your thoughts, prayers and vibes are paying HUGE dividends for my daughter.  Thanks!!!!!  :2vrolijk_21: :orange: :mango: :bananarock: :apple: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper:

Very, very glad to read this.  Blessings do go to those that truly deserve them - not all the time perhaps, but enough of the time. 

REGGAB

« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2007, 09:37:45 PM »

Great news Henry! We'll just have to keep her in our thoughts so she gets better even quicker! You guys gotta be psyched about this progress! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)

Thanks Howie!  Really appreciate your care and concern. :2vrolijk_21:

REGGAB

« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2007, 09:39:57 PM »

Keep it up!  It's great to hear this type of news!

Thank you very much.  Stef reads these posts, and it makes her all the more determined to rise above her challenges knowing fellow Harley folks are wishing her well and cheering her on.

REGGAB

« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2007, 09:49:49 PM »

Henry, that is GREAT news!   :2vrolijk_21:

We agree, Suzanne.  Procedure will be done same day at Children's South.  We'll let you know the exact time once we find out in the event you wish to visit.  We'll likely come down the night prior, do the procedure the next day, and upon release, spend the night in B'ham.  Stef doesn't travel well after Verced.  We learned that the hard way with surgery #2 in November 2004 when she had the original hardware removed after AVN diagnosis.  She was nauseated the whole way back to Enterprise.  But then again, I don't think anyone travels well after Verced.  I had a same day deviated septum repair procedure done in November 2005, and during the 10 mile ride home, Renea had to pull over 3 times.  :puke:

REGGAB

« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2007, 09:51:10 PM »

Fantastic news.  Stephanie, keep up the good work.  We are all cheering you on.   :bananarock:

Thank you very much, Candy.

REGGAB

« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2007, 09:52:17 PM »

Thats really great Henry! I'm so glad to hear it. I'll be thinking about yall. Keep us posted.

Hobo :2vrolijk_21:

Thank you very much, Cary.  Hopefully you'll get to meet her soon.

REGGAB

« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2007, 09:53:38 PM »

Very, very glad to read this.  Blessings do go to those that truly deserve them - not all the time perhaps, but enough of the time. 

Thanks very much, Bro.  It is great to know she has so many fine folks cheering her on.

HarleyBoxer

• My Boxers
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2007, 09:04:21 PM »

Hello, I would be Stephanie....and all your prayers have cheered me on soo much....and thank you so much....
I been blessed with the best mom I could asked for, and the best Daddy in the world. I love them so much, they
are the ones that keep me going,them and my two boxer dogs.... Well I guess I better jet

Thanks again
AND I LOVE YOU DADDY

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2007, 09:26:03 PM »

Hello, I would be Stephanie....and all your prayers have cheered me on soo much....and thank you so much....
I been blessed with the best mom I could asked for, and the best Daddy in the world. I love them so much, they
are the ones that keep me going,them and my two boxer dogs.... Well I guess I better jet

Thanks again
AND I LOVE YOU DADDY

God's speed to you Stephie.  You are truly blessed to have great parents and you are some special young woman...keep it up and glad to see that you're progressing so well. 

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

REGGAB

« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2007, 10:19:20 PM »

Thanks again
AND I LOVE YOU DADDY

OK, now I'm going to squirt tears.  :bigcry:  She sat down in front of my computer and read all five pages of this thread last night.  I came into my den, and she was in here............well...............I'm not going to embarass her.  I love you too Sweetie.  Now, go here http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?board=30.0 and properly introduce yourself!   :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 10:21:32 PM by REGGAB »

harleydiva

« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2007, 07:19:10 PM »

We agree, Suzanne.  Procedure will be done same day at Children's South.  We'll let you know the exact time once we find out in the event you wish to visit.  We'll likely come down the night prior, do the procedure the next day, and upon release, spend the night in B'ham.  Stef doesn't travel well after Verced.  We learned that the hard way with surgery #2 in November 2004 when she had the original hardware removed after AVN diagnosis.  She was nauseated the whole way back to Enterprise.  But then again, I don't think anyone travels well after Verced.  I had a same day deviated septum repair procedure done in November 2005, and during the 10 mile ride home, Renea had to pull over 3 times.  :puke:

Just let us know.  I'll be happy to help any way that I can.  Give my love to Steph.

harleydiva

« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2007, 07:21:04 PM »

Thanks again
AND I LOVE YOU DADDY

Hi Stephanie, SO glad that you're doing so good.   :2vrolijk_21:   You are truly blessed with such a great mom and daddy, and of course your boxers.   :)   

Take care.

Suzanne    :)

theslash

• Full CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHXSE
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2007, 07:25:00 PM »

God bless to you Sir
SLASH

REGGAB

« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2007, 10:06:47 PM »

Just let us know.  I'll be happy to help any way that I can.  Give my love to Steph.

Will do.  Thanks, Suzanne!

HML

REGGAB

« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2007, 10:07:52 PM »

God bless to you Sir

Well, thank you, Sir!  I am very Blessed.  Let's just pray the same for Stef.

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2007, 10:23:34 PM »

Thanks for sharing your story with us all, it is quite inspirational. Please share our thoughts and prayers with all your family and friends. And let your little girl know that we wish her well.

SOKOOL

REGGAB

« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2007, 11:18:20 PM »

Thanks for sharing your story with us all, it is quite inspirational. Please share our thoughts and prayers with all your family and friends. And let your little girl know that we wish her well.
SOKOOL

WILCO!  Thanks.  Renea took Stef down to Enterprise for the weekend.  That is where we lived before we moved up here one year ago this month.  Stef used to go to Enterprise High School.  Plenty of friends down there.  She's also maintained her realtionship with her.......ahem..........boyfriend.  It is my undertanding the two of them are on a...........ahem.............date as I type this note.  I hope he remembers the arsenal in my house..........and that I do have gun totin' license. ;D

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2007, 01:10:07 AM »

God Bless you Stephanie!!! Sorry Henry, I'm just now reading this thread. I just lifted Stephanie, Renea, and yourself in prayer. May God lay his healing hand on you for a speedy recovery. God's sweet love to you and your sweet family!!! God Bless!

JR :bananarock:

REGGAB

« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2007, 06:17:52 AM »

God Bless you Stephanie!!! Sorry Henry, I'm just now reading this thread. I just lifted Stephanie, Renea, and yourself in prayer. May God lay his healing hand on you for a speedy recovery. God's sweet love to you and your sweet family!!! God Bless!

JR :bananarock:

Thanks John. :2vrolijk_21:

REGGAB

Re: Stephanie (UPDATE)
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2007, 09:06:34 PM »

UPDATE!

Yesterday afternoon Renea and I loaded Stephanie, her friend Whitney, the CVO Boxers and our overnight stuff in the big, honkin' Diesel Dodge and headed to UAB Children's Hospital in Birmingham, AL.  We dropped off Annie Bea and Springer at the Whitesburg Animal Hospital, which is where we board the CVO Boxers when we're all out of town.  They have a wonderful facility.  The CVO Boxers stay in suite boarding.  The kennels are themed (they stayed in the Wizard of Oz room this time), they have a TV, a window and a webcam, so we can check on them while we are out of town.  After Renea finished giving detailed CVO Boxer care instructions to the vet tech, we were on our way to Birmingham.  We overnighted at the Hampton Inn in Mountain Brook, which is about 4 miles from the hospital.  We always stay there whenever we make trips to UAB for Stef, because it is so close, and there is a Moe's Southwest Grill in the same area.  Stef loves that place, so we take her there for one last good meal before the mandatory pre-surgical NPO.  Terry and Suzanne met us there for supper.  We had a great meal and spent some time visiting with Terry and Suzanne.  Those two are wonderful people, and Renea and I are honored to know them and have them as friends.  After supper, we said "so long" to Terry and Suzanne and made our way across the parking lot to the hotel.  We all turned in early in anticipation of an early morning.  We got to the hospital about 7:30 this morning.  Stef was prepped and wheeled back to surgery at 9am.  It took Dr. Gilbert about an hour to remove the external fixator from Stef's hip.  She came back to the room complaining of knee pain despite the morphine.  Her knee has been painful since the night she broke her hip in Feb 2004.  Dr. Gilbert calls it "referred pain" from her hip since there isn't anything wrong with her knee.  She was fitted with a hip brace, and discharged at 2pm.  We began or trip home, had a few bouts of nausea, picked up the CVO Boxers, and arrived home around 4:30pm.  Stef is resting nicely and is SO happy to have that contraption off her hip.  Dr. Gilbert gave me the carbon fiber orbital rings.  I'm trying to think of something to do with them on the scooter.  Anyway, Stef has to wear the brace 24/7 for the next three weeks.............which is quite traumatic for her, because it isn't the prettiest equipment in the world.......and she starts her senior year of high school next Thursday.  She is motivated by Dr. Gilbert's words of advice to do as he says and in 3 weeks, he'll let her take off the brace during the day.  The important point now is to prevent the contracture from returning.............and Stef doesn't want that after all she's just been through.
Thanks to all who have sent wellwishes and prayers.  We very much appreciate your kindness.

Henry

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2007, 09:16:18 PM »

Henry,
        Obviously, we are not to the end of this story, so Steph will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. After undergoing two major surgeries and long difficult recovery periods myself,  I know the road ahead will not be an easy one, but it would appear that the end is in sight and looks to be a happy one. Thank you for sharing Steph's storie with us and please let her know that her CVO " family " extends beyond those two supercool dogs.

B B
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 09:17:58 PM by SPIDERMAN »

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2007, 09:20:37 PM »

All righty then!!! :huepfenjump3: :orange: :pepper: :cucumber: :carrot: :bananarock: :2vrolijk_21:

I'm so glad our precious Stef is home. I am praying for God to heal her quickly and to keep her as comfortable as can be considering all she has been thru. Senior year!!! Waaahoooo! My heart is filled with joy for her, you and Renea!!! May God continue to Bless and give your strength thru your storm! In His sweet Love.

John :bananarock:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2007, 09:27:22 PM »

That's good news Henry.  Godspeed to her and may she be in shape to be hell on wheels throughout her senior year.

REGGAB

« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2007, 11:31:33 PM »

Henry,
        Obviously, we are not to the end of this story, so Steph will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. After undergoing two major surgeries and long difficult recovery periods myself,  I know the road ahead will not be an easy one, but it would appear that the end is in sight and looks to be a happy one. Thank you for sharing Steph's storie with us and please let her know that her CVO " family " extends beyond those two supercool dogs.

B B

Brian,
You're correct, Sir.  She's headed to HealthSouth Monday for a round of PT and every other weekday thereafter plus the stuff she has to do at home.  She's always been good about doing it.  I'm certain no one has to explain how important PT is.  It is the only way to keep the contracture at bay until she regains full mobility without crutches, and even then, she'll still have to work at it.  Very much appreciate your kind thoughts, words and the Blessing of having your prayers for her.  You fine people have been great therapy for Stef, Renea and me.  It is wonderful to have such great friends.  Those Pupz have too.  It is impossible to be blue around them.  They simply WILL NOT allow it.  :)  Thanks again, B B.

Henry

REGGAB

« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2007, 11:40:32 PM »

All righty then!!! :huepfenjump3: :orange: :pepper: :cucumber: :carrot: :bananarock: :2vrolijk_21:

I'm so glad our precious Stef is home. I am praying for God to heal her quickly and to keep her as comfortable as can be considering all she has been thru. Senior year!!! Waaahoooo! My heart is filled with joy for her, you and Renea!!! May God continue to Bless and give your strength thru your storm! In His sweet Love.

John :bananarock:

Way KEWL aint it, John?  The way God works?  Man I tell ya!  Are we Blessed or what?  I can't believe God has taken such great care us, and in particular, an a$$hole wretch like me.  Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers.  It is such a Blessing to have such great friends.  Stef is sleeping comfortably for the first time since March.  Yep, she's been Blessed.  We all have.  Thanks.

Henry

REGGAB

« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2007, 11:41:58 PM »

That's good news Henry.  Godspeed to her and may she be in shape to be hell on wheels throughout her senior year.

Thank you, Don.  The Girl is pretty stoked up about the coming year.  She's gonna do well.

Henry

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2007, 03:36:47 AM »

Henry,
The support of a family and prayers is all we can offer but it seems to be doing its job so far...so we will keep it up...keep sending Steph all of the e-love I can.

Seegarz :-* :2vrolijk_21:

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2007, 04:58:08 AM »

Great news Henry.  :2vrolijk_21:  When she gets back to a 100% she should a have party. :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper: :orange: :huepfenjump3: :mango: :bananarock: :apple: :carrot: :jalapeno:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

REGGAB

« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2007, 07:03:14 AM »

Henry,
The support of a family and prayers is all we can offer but it seems to be doing its job so far...so we will keep it up...keep sending Steph all of the e-love I can.

Seegarz :-* :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks Seegarz!  You're correct.  All the prayers and support are working fine.  The big man upstairs is taking care of her.

REGGAB

« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2007, 07:04:36 AM »

Great news Henry.  :2vrolijk_21:  When she gets back to a 100% she should a have party. :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper: :orange: :huepfenjump3: :mango: :bananarock: :apple: :carrot: :jalapeno:

Thanks.  Concur, but when she isn't zoned on morphine or lortab, Stef IS a party! :2vrolijk_21:

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2007, 08:07:19 AM »

Henry,
Thanks for the update. So glad to hear that things went well at UAB. Please let Stef know we all wish the best senior year! :2vrolijk_21:

Thoughts and prayers with you and the family!

Ed :pepper:

REGGAB

« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2007, 08:12:53 AM »

Henry,
Thanks for the update. So glad to hear that things went well at UAB. Please let Stef know we all wish the best senior year! :2vrolijk_21:

Thoughts and prayers with you and the family!

Thanks Ed.  Message delivered.  Very much appreciate your thoughts and prayers.  Just saw "Clinton" next to your name.  If this rain lets up, I plan to be in Herndon for lunch at Knockum Hill today.

Stef is up and about this morning.  No pain.  Released the locks on her brace herself..........without any help from Daddy........dammit..........I hate it when I'm not needed, especially by my kidz.  Seriously, she's doing very well, and as independent and strong willed as she is, I know she'll continue to do well.

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2007, 08:19:55 AM »

Thanks Ed.  Message delivered.  Very much appreciate your thoughts and prayers.  Just saw "Clinton" next to your name.  If this rain lets up, I plan to be in Herndon for lunch at Knockum Hill today.

Stef is up and about this morning.  No pain.  Released the locks on her brace herself..........without any help from Daddy........dammit..........I hate it when I'm not needed, especially by my kidz.  Seriously, she's doing very well, and as independent and strong willed as she is, I know she'll continue to do well.

Great news again! I hear ya on the "not being needed", my three can make me feel that way too sometimes, but it can be a great thing to watch. ;)

I should change the Clinton, in my Profile, it's Clinton, MA., of course if you're traveling that far this afternoon I'll make it a point to be home. :2vrolijk_21:

I'll PM you my cell, call me when you're close. :huepfenlol2:

Take care,
Ed  :pepper:

REGGAB

« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2007, 08:22:55 AM »

Great news again! I hear ya on the "not being needed", my three can make me feel that way too sometimes, but it can be a great thing to watch. ;)

I should change the Clinton, in my Profile, it's Clinton, MA., of course if you're traveling that far this afternoon I'll make it a point to be home. :2vrolijk_21:

I'll PM you my cell, call me when you're close. :huepfenlol2:

Take care,
Ed  :pepper:

Damn.  And I was beginning to wonder just how many CVO Brothers and Sisters we have in Clinton, KY.  Hmmmmmm.........do you have a Knockum Hill BBQ in Clinton, MA?  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2007, 08:35:09 AM »

Damn.  And I was beginning to wonder just how many CVO Brothers and Sisters we have in Clinton, KY.  Hmmmmmm.........do you have a Knockum Hill BBQ in Clinton, MA?  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

I wish I could say "yes". We do have a great old Irish pub and at one time Clinton MA was in the Guinness book of records for the most Bars and liquor stores per capita in the world.

I do enjoy a good BBQ though.

REGGAB

« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2007, 08:41:28 AM »

I wish I could say "yes". We do have a great old Irish pub and at one time Clinton MA was in the Guinness book of records for the most Bars and liquor stores per capita in the world.

I do enjoy a good BBQ though.

Well come on down, Bro!!!

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2007, 08:51:15 AM »

Well come on down, Bro!!!

Donna and I are flying down to Memphis and heading to the Hot Springs Rally in September. We're meeting up with JR and the crew. I'm hoping for a little BBQ on that trip. You know, if there is any in that area... ;)

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2007, 09:57:02 AM »

Hey Henry and Stephanie,
   Thanks for the update. Thats great news! Steph, I'm gald you can finally see "The light at the end of the tunnel". Keep up with your PT and be careful.

Cary and Stephanie
aka Hobo :2vrolijk_21:
2001 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide (FLTRSEI2)

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2007, 01:06:09 PM »

Thank you for telling us your story.  Kinda helps us take the edge off some of our own problems.  TGBG-to God Be the Glory.
2004 B&B, SEEG, Power Commander, S&S dual runner to single bore Tuned Air Induction System , D&D Performance 2 into 1 with fake left side, spoiler lights, LED lights, air horns, front fender spear, chopped tour box, in dash oil temp. guage

charlie

« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2007, 09:02:01 PM »

My prayers and Heart go out to you and your daughter. God bless.

harleydiva

« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2007, 09:20:25 PM »

Henry

It was great seeing the 3 of you Thursday night.  Dinner was great...I'm with Stef...love eating at Moe's!   :2vrolijk_21:

It's good to hear that she came through her surgery.

:-* to Stef.

Suzanne

REGGAB

« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2007, 10:36:37 PM »

Donna and I are flying down to Memphis and heading to the Hot Springs Rally in September. We're meeting up with JR and the crew. I'm hoping for a little BBQ on that trip. You know, if there is any in that area... ;)

Ed,  you're a TRIP, Bro. :drink: :)  In my opinion, although the stuff is palatable, you won't find BBQ in Memphis as good as that found at Knockum Hill.  That said, a comparison is in order, so you'll need to head east on US 79, ride across the back forty of Ft. Campbell and make your way to Herndon, KY to see for yourself.  :2vrolijk_21:  It'll be well worth the trip.

REGGAB

« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2007, 10:41:01 PM »

Hey Henry and Stephanie,
   Thanks for the update. Thats great news! Steph, I'm gald you can finally see "The light at the end of the tunnel". Keep up with your PT and be careful.

Cary and Stephanie
aka Hobo :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks Cary.  Stef is doing great.  She pulled out and wore her jeans today.  That is one HAPPY young lady.  She's now able to lie on her belly, bend her left leg at the knee and grab her left foot with her left hand.  She hasn't been able to do that since before she broke her hip in Feb 2004.  PROGRESS!  We're really proud of that Girl.  She hates the brace tho'.........

REGGAB

« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2007, 10:44:00 PM »

Thank you for telling us your story.  Kinda helps us take the edge off some of our own problems.  TGBG-to God Be the Glory.

Thanks HLG.  Amen to that.  Her situation makes me realize that my challenges aren't really challenges.  She deals with her's better than I deal with mine.

REGGAB

« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2007, 10:45:19 PM »

My prayers and Heart go out to you and your daughter. God bless.

Thanks much, Charlie!  Your kind words, thoughts and prayers are very much appreciated.

REGGAB

« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2007, 10:48:12 PM »

Henry

It was great seeing the 3 of you Thursday night.  Dinner was great...I'm with Stef...love eating at Moe's!   :2vrolijk_21:

It's good to hear that she came through her surgery.

:-* to Stef.

Suzanne

Likewise, Suzanne.  It is always great to visit with you and Terry.  Thank you for joining us at Moe's.  We're pretty excited about her progress.  She's beginning to feel normal again.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2007, 07:59:43 AM »

Catchin' up on posts after the weekend and so happy to see that the trip/surgery went well for ya all.

As B B said we'll keep her and the family in our thoughts and prayers as well.

Rog

REGGAB

« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2007, 01:23:56 PM »

Catchin' up on posts after the weekend and so happy to see that the trip/surgery went well for ya all.

As B B said we'll keep her and the family in our thoughts and prayers as well.

Rog
Thank you very much, Roger.  Your thoughts are prayers are deeply appreciated.  Again, Renea and I are keeping you and Cindy in our prayers and thoughts as well.  Hopefully you'll both have your knees in the breeze again soon.

Henry

REGGAB

« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2007, 11:32:43 PM »

Stef is 8 days post-op from removal of the external fixator.  As mentioned previously, she has to wear a brace, which extends from her mid torso down to her left knee with a lockable hinge in the middle.  She has free ROM during the day, and the brace is locked straight at night.  She is doing very well, although she HATES the brace.  Again, thanks for all of your wellwishes.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #109 on: August 05, 2007, 01:02:48 AM »

Stef is 8 days post-op from removal of the external fixator.  As mentioned previously, she has to wear a brace, which extends from her mid torso down to her left knee with a lockable hinge in the middle.  She has free ROM during the day, and the brace is locked straight at night.  She is doing very well, although she HATES the brace.  Again, thanks for all of your wellwishes.

Sure is understandable why she'd hate the brace, middle of summer, all the good days getting used up etc, but she'll look back on this time investment and the benefit will far outweigh the loss of this time.

Hang in there Stef, it'll be better soon. :2vrolijk_21:

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #110 on: August 05, 2007, 09:14:05 AM »

Henry,
So glad to hear post-op +8 is going well. Thanks for the update. Continued thoughts and prayers for Stef.

PS. At some point we'll meet up with you guys and you can show us what "Real" BBQ is. ;)  Ed

REGGAB

« Reply #111 on: August 05, 2007, 03:44:24 PM »

Henry,
So glad to hear post-op +8 is going well. Thanks for the update. Continued thoughts and prayers for Stef.

PS. At some point we'll meet up with you guys and you can show us what "Real" BBQ is. ;)  Ed

Thanks Ed!

I'm beginning to wonder about some of these CVO folks down here........ ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D........not wanting ride a few extra miles for some awesome BBQ......especially when there's folks like you from MA just chompin' at the bit to get down here and git sum.  Come on down, Ed..............we'll go.  :D  HML

harleydiva

« Reply #112 on: August 05, 2007, 06:45:39 PM »

Thanks Cary.  Stef is doing great.  She pulled out and wore her jeans today.  That is one HAPPY young lady.  She's now able to lie on her belly, bend her left leg at the knee and grab her left foot with her left hand.  She hasn't been able to do that since before she broke her hip in Feb 2004.  PROGRESS!  We're really proud of that Girl.  She hates the brace tho'.........

That's great Henry.   :2vrolijk_21:   

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #113 on: August 06, 2007, 05:35:54 PM »

Glad to hear the healing process is going well. Pass on our thoughts and prayers to Stef.

SOKOOL
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8 [All]

Page created in 0.388 seconds with 21 queries.