Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All

Author Topic: Stephanie  (Read 15663 times)

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
Re: Stephanie
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2007, 10:23:34 PM »

Thanks for sharing your story with us all, it is quite inspirational. Please share our thoughts and prayers with all your family and friends. And let your little girl know that we wish her well.

SOKOOL

REGGAB

« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2007, 11:18:20 PM »

Thanks for sharing your story with us all, it is quite inspirational. Please share our thoughts and prayers with all your family and friends. And let your little girl know that we wish her well.
SOKOOL

WILCO!  Thanks.  Renea took Stef down to Enterprise for the weekend.  That is where we lived before we moved up here one year ago this month.  Stef used to go to Enterprise High School.  Plenty of friends down there.  She's also maintained her realtionship with her.......ahem..........boyfriend.  It is my undertanding the two of them are on a...........ahem.............date as I type this note.  I hope he remembers the arsenal in my house..........and that I do have gun totin' license. ;D

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2007, 01:10:07 AM »

God Bless you Stephanie!!! Sorry Henry, I'm just now reading this thread. I just lifted Stephanie, Renea, and yourself in prayer. May God lay his healing hand on you for a speedy recovery. God's sweet love to you and your sweet family!!! God Bless!

JR :bananarock:

REGGAB

« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2007, 06:17:52 AM »

God Bless you Stephanie!!! Sorry Henry, I'm just now reading this thread. I just lifted Stephanie, Renea, and yourself in prayer. May God lay his healing hand on you for a speedy recovery. God's sweet love to you and your sweet family!!! God Bless!

JR :bananarock:

Thanks John. :2vrolijk_21:

REGGAB

Re: Stephanie (UPDATE)
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2007, 09:06:34 PM »

UPDATE!

Yesterday afternoon Renea and I loaded Stephanie, her friend Whitney, the CVO Boxers and our overnight stuff in the big, honkin' Diesel Dodge and headed to UAB Children's Hospital in Birmingham, AL.  We dropped off Annie Bea and Springer at the Whitesburg Animal Hospital, which is where we board the CVO Boxers when we're all out of town.  They have a wonderful facility.  The CVO Boxers stay in suite boarding.  The kennels are themed (they stayed in the Wizard of Oz room this time), they have a TV, a window and a webcam, so we can check on them while we are out of town.  After Renea finished giving detailed CVO Boxer care instructions to the vet tech, we were on our way to Birmingham.  We overnighted at the Hampton Inn in Mountain Brook, which is about 4 miles from the hospital.  We always stay there whenever we make trips to UAB for Stef, because it is so close, and there is a Moe's Southwest Grill in the same area.  Stef loves that place, so we take her there for one last good meal before the mandatory pre-surgical NPO.  Terry and Suzanne met us there for supper.  We had a great meal and spent some time visiting with Terry and Suzanne.  Those two are wonderful people, and Renea and I are honored to know them and have them as friends.  After supper, we said "so long" to Terry and Suzanne and made our way across the parking lot to the hotel.  We all turned in early in anticipation of an early morning.  We got to the hospital about 7:30 this morning.  Stef was prepped and wheeled back to surgery at 9am.  It took Dr. Gilbert about an hour to remove the external fixator from Stef's hip.  She came back to the room complaining of knee pain despite the morphine.  Her knee has been painful since the night she broke her hip in Feb 2004.  Dr. Gilbert calls it "referred pain" from her hip since there isn't anything wrong with her knee.  She was fitted with a hip brace, and discharged at 2pm.  We began or trip home, had a few bouts of nausea, picked up the CVO Boxers, and arrived home around 4:30pm.  Stef is resting nicely and is SO happy to have that contraption off her hip.  Dr. Gilbert gave me the carbon fiber orbital rings.  I'm trying to think of something to do with them on the scooter.  Anyway, Stef has to wear the brace 24/7 for the next three weeks.............which is quite traumatic for her, because it isn't the prettiest equipment in the world.......and she starts her senior year of high school next Thursday.  She is motivated by Dr. Gilbert's words of advice to do as he says and in 3 weeks, he'll let her take off the brace during the day.  The important point now is to prevent the contracture from returning.............and Stef doesn't want that after all she's just been through.
Thanks to all who have sent wellwishes and prayers.  We very much appreciate your kindness.

Henry

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2007, 09:16:18 PM »

Henry,
        Obviously, we are not to the end of this story, so Steph will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. After undergoing two major surgeries and long difficult recovery periods myself,  I know the road ahead will not be an easy one, but it would appear that the end is in sight and looks to be a happy one. Thank you for sharing Steph's storie with us and please let her know that her CVO " family " extends beyond those two supercool dogs.

B B
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 09:17:58 PM by SPIDERMAN »

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2007, 09:20:37 PM »

All righty then!!! :huepfenjump3: :orange: :pepper: :cucumber: :carrot: :bananarock: :2vrolijk_21:

I'm so glad our precious Stef is home. I am praying for God to heal her quickly and to keep her as comfortable as can be considering all she has been thru. Senior year!!! Waaahoooo! My heart is filled with joy for her, you and Renea!!! May God continue to Bless and give your strength thru your storm! In His sweet Love.

John :bananarock:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2007, 09:27:22 PM »

That's good news Henry.  Godspeed to her and may she be in shape to be hell on wheels throughout her senior year.

REGGAB

« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2007, 11:31:33 PM »

Henry,
        Obviously, we are not to the end of this story, so Steph will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. After undergoing two major surgeries and long difficult recovery periods myself,  I know the road ahead will not be an easy one, but it would appear that the end is in sight and looks to be a happy one. Thank you for sharing Steph's storie with us and please let her know that her CVO " family " extends beyond those two supercool dogs.

B B

Brian,
You're correct, Sir.  She's headed to HealthSouth Monday for a round of PT and every other weekday thereafter plus the stuff she has to do at home.  She's always been good about doing it.  I'm certain no one has to explain how important PT is.  It is the only way to keep the contracture at bay until she regains full mobility without crutches, and even then, she'll still have to work at it.  Very much appreciate your kind thoughts, words and the Blessing of having your prayers for her.  You fine people have been great therapy for Stef, Renea and me.  It is wonderful to have such great friends.  Those Pupz have too.  It is impossible to be blue around them.  They simply WILL NOT allow it.  :)  Thanks again, B B.

Henry

REGGAB

« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2007, 11:40:32 PM »

All righty then!!! :huepfenjump3: :orange: :pepper: :cucumber: :carrot: :bananarock: :2vrolijk_21:

I'm so glad our precious Stef is home. I am praying for God to heal her quickly and to keep her as comfortable as can be considering all she has been thru. Senior year!!! Waaahoooo! My heart is filled with joy for her, you and Renea!!! May God continue to Bless and give your strength thru your storm! In His sweet Love.

John :bananarock:

Way KEWL aint it, John?  The way God works?  Man I tell ya!  Are we Blessed or what?  I can't believe God has taken such great care us, and in particular, an a$$hole wretch like me.  Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers.  It is such a Blessing to have such great friends.  Stef is sleeping comfortably for the first time since March.  Yep, she's been Blessed.  We all have.  Thanks.

Henry

REGGAB

« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2007, 11:41:58 PM »

That's good news Henry.  Godspeed to her and may she be in shape to be hell on wheels throughout her senior year.

Thank you, Don.  The Girl is pretty stoked up about the coming year.  She's gonna do well.

Henry

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2007, 03:36:47 AM »

Henry,
The support of a family and prayers is all we can offer but it seems to be doing its job so far...so we will keep it up...keep sending Steph all of the e-love I can.

Seegarz :-* :2vrolijk_21:

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2007, 04:58:08 AM »

Great news Henry.  :2vrolijk_21:  When she gets back to a 100% she should a have party. :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper: :orange: :huepfenjump3: :mango: :bananarock: :apple: :carrot: :jalapeno:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

REGGAB

« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2007, 07:03:14 AM »

Henry,
The support of a family and prayers is all we can offer but it seems to be doing its job so far...so we will keep it up...keep sending Steph all of the e-love I can.

Seegarz :-* :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks Seegarz!  You're correct.  All the prayers and support are working fine.  The big man upstairs is taking care of her.

REGGAB

« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2007, 07:04:36 AM »

Great news Henry.  :2vrolijk_21:  When she gets back to a 100% she should a have party. :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper: :orange: :huepfenjump3: :mango: :bananarock: :apple: :carrot: :jalapeno:

Thanks.  Concur, but when she isn't zoned on morphine or lortab, Stef IS a party! :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 22 queries.