Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Prostate Cancer  (Read 7249 times)

REGGAB

Re: Prostate Cancer
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2007, 10:02:55 PM »

Ed, First, Brother I think it is 100% AWESOME that you kicked cancer in the backside.  No pun intended.  Congratulations.  You are to be commended for fighting it, never giving up and winning the war.  My hat's off to you.
Second, I think it is an absolutely wonderful thing that you are doing by offering up your support not only to the members of this site, but also others who may not be members that members of this site know.   That is such a wonderful gift.  You're a good man.  I wish you the very best blessings and continued good health. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2007, 11:36:24 PM »

Smiler,

I had a PSA blood test, which at the time I didn't know I was having. The nurse practitioner wrote it down on the lab sheet to test my blood sample for PSA along with the normal yearly stuff, cholesterol and the like. My prostate was never enlarged, was smooth and I had no other symptoms. She explained to me that she was testing all her patients. She actually got in trouble because my insurance didn't want to pay for the test, only 42 and they start testing at 50. Afterward they wrote her a letter of apology because she ended up being right.

There are a lot of other things that can cause an enlargement but the PSA test is nothing more then a blood test. Sometimes they'll test PSA multiple times to get a base line reading as everybody can run different numbers. Other times they'll run PSA and watch the basline over the course of years.

One other thought, after (3) positive PSA tests and a positive PSA2 test I had a biopsy which also came back positive. After that I went and got a second opinion. Always worth having somebody else take a look at all the paperwork.

Hope that helps,

Ed

Ed,

Your story is much like mine - at age 48 as part of a regular physical - I had a PSA test that came back elevated.  Long story short - I had a biopsy that came back positive.  I am currently being treated for Prostrate Cancer with radioactive seeds - 86 radioactive seeds implanted thru 25 needles.  So far, so good.  My PSA level has steadily dropped and is now less then 1.  The only side effect is fatigue from the radiation.  EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE REGULAR (YEARLY), THOROUGH PHYSICALS!!!

Scott
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2007, 02:50:58 PM »

Cheers fellas,
Through my job I go for an MOT every 2 years my last one was in April and it did worry me at the time.  So thanks for sharing.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2007, 03:08:53 PM »

Ed,

Your story is much like mine - at age 48 as part of a regular physical - I had a PSA test that came back elevated.  Long story short - I had a biopsy that came back positive.  I am currently being treated for Prostrate Cancer with radioactive seeds - 86 radioactive seeds implanted thru 25 needles.  So far, so good.  My PSA level has steadily dropped and is now less then 1.  The only side effect is fatigue from the radiation.  EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE REGULAR (YEARLY), THOROUGH PHYSICALS!!!

Scott

Hey Scott, I wish you a full recovery from the Evil C! Glad you caught it early. My thoughts are with you brother! Feel better Scott! Our body's are more prone to failures than these new 110" engines! Stay strong! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2007, 05:09:45 PM »

Ed, First, Brother I think it is 100% AWESOME that you kicked cancer in the backside.  No pun intended.  Congratulations.  You are to be commended for fighting it, never giving up and winning the war.  My hat's off to you.
Second, I think it is an absolutely wonderful thing that you are doing by offering up your support not only to the members of this site, but also others who may not be members that members of this site know.   That is such a wonderful gift.  You're a good man.  I wish you the very best blessings and continued good health. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Henry,
Thanks for the support. As I said what I went there was pretty minor to get rid of the "C" compared to so many others. I'm glad I have the chance to raise awareness even a small way.

Thanks again,
Ed
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2007, 05:13:07 PM »

Ed,

Scott

Scott,
So glad to here they found the problem early and are attacking it hard. Best of luck with the treatment. Thoughts and prayers are with you. That's awesome that your numbers are now so low! :2vrolijk_21:

Ed :pepper:

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2007, 05:13:55 PM »

Hey Scott, I wish you a full recovery from the Evil C! Glad you caught it early. My thoughts are with you brother! Feel better Scott! Our body's are more prone to failures than these new 110" engines! Stay strong! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2007, 05:16:05 PM »

Cheers fellas,
Through my job I go for an MOT every 2 years my last one was in April and it did worry me at the time.  So thanks for sharing.

Anytime Smiler, you know how to reach us!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2007, 05:36:51 PM »

Special Ed - glad you beat it!  Twolane gives great advice on this one as well - get checked.  Best of luck and prayers for Sandunbar. 

Cancer is not always a good conversation stater.  Had a different type a few years back - all clear now - have seen more than a few folks flummoxed by the topic of cancer. 

See your doc - get checked - being informed is the key to living long.  Lance Armstrong did a heckuva lot for this subject. 
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2007, 05:57:57 PM »

Special Ed - glad you beat it!  Twolane gives great advice on this one as well - get checked.  Best of luck and prayers for Sandunbar. 

Cancer is not always a good conversation stater.  Had a different type a few years back - all clear now - have seen more than a few folks flummoxed by the topic of cancer. 

See your doc - get checked - being informed is the key to living long.  Lance Armstrong did a heckuva lot for this subject. 

Well said Mike. Glad you won your fight too.

I agree with your opinion, cancer is a tough conversation topic but it is one that needs to be out there and kicked around, a lot.

Ed

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2007, 09:30:42 AM »

Thought I'd bring this back up. There has been talk about various cancer walks this month. The kids and I will be walking on Sunday. Just want to throw my offer back out there for anybody that may want information or just want to talk, just shoot me a PM.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 09:33:59 AM by Special_Ed »

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2007, 09:51:38 AM »

Thought I'd bring this back up. There has been talk about various cancer walks this month. The kids and I will be walking on Sunday. Just want to throw my offer back out there for anybody that may want information or just want to talk, just shoot me a PM.

Ed,

Thanks for resurrecting this thread. I missed it the first time around. And to all of you that have been stricken and have beat it successfully, cheers to you and congratulations.

As many of you know, Pinkie is a 3 year survivor of breast cancer as of this past July. It was a very scary time for both of us and has opened our eyes to a subject that isn't easily discussed.

Now that we've gotten involved with the Breast Cancer walks, the subject of healthy breasts is a good subject. Y'all should see my new helmet I got just for the upcoming walks. I'm sure it's going to be a big hit. Oh, that rhymes with ... and that's cool.

:indian_chief:

SE05

• Senior CVO Member
  • aka - Mrs. SBB
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2007, 10:14:55 AM »

Y'all should see my new helmet I got just for the upcoming walks. I'm sure it's going to be a big hit.

:worthless:

(P.S. - It was great meeting you and Mrs. Chief!  Wait ... that doesn't rhyme with Kansas!)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2007, 10:37:12 AM »

I was on vacation when this thread came up the first time.

It has been said here and elsewhere, you MUST, we  stay on top of this constantly.

My wife Cindy is a survivor although we don't look at it in the same light as many who have had a much tougher fight than she did.  She caught it at her first mammogram.  She was a "zero" but had it not been caught we know where it could have ended up.

With minor surgery and radiation she has been cancer free now for two years and the prognosis is excellant.

Interesting that this thread would come up today as we spoke yesterday of two of her co-workers who were diagnosed recently.  One is 40 and will need massive surgery for breast cancer and the other is 32 years old and has stage four cancer, they still don't have it nailed down, but her prognosis is not good.

I'm sure I could go on with the many friends and relatives affected by cancer as many of us can. 

Get your annual tests and don't let them slide. 

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2007, 12:49:28 PM »

I was on vacation when this thread came up the first time.

It has been said here and elsewhere, you MUST, we  stay on top of this constantly.

My wife Cindy is a survivor although we don't look at it in the same light as many who have had a much tougher fight than she did.  She caught it at her first mammogram.  She was a "zero" but had it not been caught we know where it could have ended up.

With minor surgery and radiation she has been cancer free now for two years and the prognosis is excellant.

Interesting that this thread would come up today as we spoke yesterday of two of her co-workers who were diagnosed recently.  One is 40 and will need massive surgery for breast cancer and the other is 32 years old and has stage four cancer, they still don't have it nailed down, but her prognosis is not good.

I'm sure I could go on with the many friends and relatives affected by cancer as many of us can. 

Get your annual tests and don't let them slide. 

Agreed, Rog...in addition, some cancers do not present themselves in a way that is easily detectable.  Pay attention to what comes out of your body!!!  Had I not noticed two VERY small specs of red clotted material in my urine, I would NEVER had known I had a bladder tumor (they are ALL malignant).  I caught it early, had it removed immediately, and after 2 years all is still well.

Please don't ignore what you're body is trying to tell you, and get your check-ups!!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.231 seconds with 21 queries.