Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Cigar  (Read 25609 times)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: Cigar
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2007, 07:52:51 PM »

Ima steppin outside for an Padron 26 anny and a glass of Makers Marks, rocks...yummy.

Miker

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2007, 08:44:36 PM »

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2007, 09:22:39 PM »

Daily Smoke - LeVeija Habana http://www.niceashcigars.com/la_vieja_habana_Connecticut_Shade.asp

Every now and then Fuente Fuente Opus X - http://www.cigarsdirect.com/ProductCart/pc/viewcontent.asp?idpage=1&gclid=CJyQqvS8wY0CFR8TOAodFHfuLQ

Holy Chit!!  I can buy a pound of Pipe Tobacco and smoke for a month every night for what one of those cost!!  I'll bet they are good though... :2vrolijk_21:

Does anyone have any recommendations for a smaller cigar in the 4 to 5 inch size and about the diameter of a typical middle finger?  I enjoy the pipe most, but would like a good cigar at times.  TIA
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2007, 09:33:03 PM »

Will cigars keep in the metal tube with the bark for any length of time in a cool area or must one have a humidor? 

REGGAB

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2007, 07:05:05 AM »

About the only thing I like about cigars is they smell so good before they're lit.  I could set up shop in a walk in humidor.  Really smells good in there.  But once the fire is put to them, my eyes start watering, and I start gagging.  ACK!

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2007, 07:39:48 AM »

Will cigars keep in the metal tube with the bark for any length of time in a cool area or must one have a humidor? 

You really need a humidor...but you can make one yourself.  Get a plastic container either a 6 pack cooler, or tupperware or something...then get a small one about the size of a tuna can.  Get a sponge without extra chit in it and then buy some distilled water.  Cut the sponge place in the small container pour water in and set in the larger container place cigars in there...done.  Open to refresh the air every couple of days should be around 70% humidity and 70 degrees.  What ever you do...NO REFRIGERATORS.  Cold air loses its humidity.  The wrapper inside the metal tube is spanish cedar it helps the cigar age.  You can take it out and line your homemade humidor after you use it and it does the same job.  Another way to make a humidor is double ziplock bags one big and one small paper towel and distilled water...same concept only keep the small one open or poke holes to approx 70% humidity...make sure your smokes are firm but moist.

Seegarz

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2007, 09:05:40 AM »

You really need a humidor...but you can make one yourself.  Get a plastic container either a 6 pack cooler, or tupperware or something...then get a small one about the size of a tuna can.  Get a sponge without extra chit in it and then buy some distilled water.  Cut the sponge place in the small container pour water in and set in the larger container place cigars in there...done.  Open to refresh the air every couple of days should be around 70% humidity and 70 degrees.  What ever you do...NO REFRIGERATORS.  Cold air loses its humidity.  The wrapper inside the metal tube is spanish cedar it helps the cigar age.  You can take it out and line your homemade humidor after you use it and it does the same job.  Another way to make a humidor is double ziplock bags one big and one small paper towel and distilled water...same concept only keep the small one open or poke holes to approx 70% humidity...make sure your smokes are firm but moist.

Seegarz

Thanks, I often end up with a cigar or two from Porsche events, the Germans do enjoy there cigars............

Hmmm, Cohiba's I think.  I guess these came from Rome's trip since the matches did that were in the same bag.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 09:12:00 AM by Rjob749 »

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2007, 09:07:37 AM »

Thanks, I often end up with a cigar or two from Porsche events, the Germans do enjoy there cigars............

At least they get to smoke cubans....We have here in the states quite possibly the stupidest law in the world...stoopit, dumb, idiotic, assine...When is our government going to grow up...

Miker

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2007, 09:15:16 AM »

At least they get to smoke cubans....We have here in the states quite possibly the stupidest law in the world...stoopit, dumb, idiotic, assine...When is our government going to grow up...

Miker

I won some bucks awhile back in Vegas and went for the cigar bar.  The guy put me into a few that I said I wanted a smoke that didn't bie my head off, not being a regular smoker.

I think Boston Legal did more for cigar smoking than anything else in years.

Zino Platinum Scepter Series, Dominican, I only have a chubby left, but they were great.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 09:17:51 AM by Rjob749 »

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2007, 09:16:57 AM »

Zino is a great smoke...They have great little gift boxes that I give during the hoildays...
Miker

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2007, 01:00:32 PM »

Seegarz

Seegarz,

The cooler/tupperware idea works great, but Rog if you're in a bind, a zip lock bag with just a couple of drops of distilled water works and doesn't take up any room in the bike. As long as you don't leave them in there for more than a few days it works fine. I used to keep them that way when I took them on vacation with me. My humidor is now the place where my watches and passports reside.

Ed :pepper:
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2007, 01:03:24 PM »

Holy Chit!!  I can buy a pound of Pipe Tobacco and smoke for a month every night for what one of those cost!!  I'll bet they are good though... :2vrolijk_21:

Does anyone have any recommendations for a smaller cigar in the 4 to 5 inch size and about the diameter of a typical middle finger?  I enjoy the pipe most, but would like a good cigar at times.  TIA

Terry,
Monte Cristo makes some smaller ring sizes that have a mild taste, a nice draw and smoke. You really can't go wrong with the entire Monte Cristo line.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 01:10:09 PM by Special_Ed »

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2007, 01:08:48 PM »

Terry,
Monte Cristo makes some smaller ring sizes that a mild taste, a nice draw and smoke. You really can't go wrong with the entire Monte Cristo line.

Thanks, Ed...I know a bit about Pipes and Tobacco, but know as much about Cigars as a cat knows about a shotgun...I will check out the Monte Cristos.  I'm trying to get off the cigarettes, and back on the pipe/cigars, as I do not inhale that smoke.  I've always enjoyed the pipe, but have been a "closet" pipe smoker since I was in my teens.  Now I figure I'm old and gray enough to be able to get away with it out in public. ;) ;)

TTS Mastertune

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2007, 01:17:03 PM »

Thanks, Ed...I know a bit about Pipes and Tobacco, but know as much about Cigars as a cat knows about a shotgun...I will check out the Monte Cristos.  I'm trying to get off the cigarettes, and back on the pipe/cigars, as I do not inhale that smoke.  I've always enjoyed the pipe, but  have been a "closet" pipe smoker since I was in my teens.  Now I figure I'm old and gray enough to be able to get away with it out in public. ;) ;)

LOL!! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

I personally feel the cigars and pipes are "better for you",  ;) , than cigarettes. I do miss smoking cigars though, I'll most likely have one or two when we're in Hot Springs, I only smoke a few a year now. :-[

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2007, 01:30:29 PM »

LOL!! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

I personally feel the cigars and pipes are "better for you",  ;) , than cigarettes. I do miss smoking cigars though, I'll most likely have one or two when we're in Hot Springs, I only smoke a few a year now. :-[

No doubt the mass market cigarettes are probably the worst possible thing to smoke...there are over 600 ingrediants in a typical Marlboro, Basic, etc, and most include "free base nicotine", which is like doing crack instead of coke.  More addictive. 

A good pipe of tobacco, or good cigar is generally only residually inhaled, the tobacco is not full of chemicals, and pipe tobacco smells good to other people, in most cases.  Even the good cigarettes, like Nat Sherman Naturals, are VERY different in taste/effect than a "typical" brand.

That's my rationaliztion, and I'm sticking to it... ;)

TTS Mastertune
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 21 queries.