Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9  All

Author Topic: California Wildfires....  (Read 12836 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
California Wildfires....
« on: October 22, 2007, 12:50:52 PM »

Just wanted us to remember our members that may be affected/in harms way of the fires that are devastating the west now. I talked to Brian (Spiderman) this morning and the fires are getting close to his home. So close that he has packed up all their belongings he can carry and is awaiting the evacuation notice. Please keep him and all the rest of those affected by these fires in your thoughts and prayers.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
Re: California Wildfires....
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 02:07:01 PM »

Just saw the evac notice give to san deigo folks and I sure hope he can get himself out the stuff can be replaced  :( Wish we were closer to be of  some help.

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 02:56:18 PM »

SoCal members, let us NorCal people know what, if anything, we can do to help.

Personally, I can accomodate someone if they need a place to stay
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 03:01:31 PM »

sheesh!   My dad got evacuated yesterday mid-day,  my sister later last night,  my uncle in the wee hours this morning, (but he's still arguing about it), and my grandfather yesterday afternoon, (and he just refused to leave on the spot.)  I think they called the cops and had someone haul him off, (he's 92),  but I haven't fheard for sure yet.   

sounds like a regular party down there!    :confused5:
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 03:46:26 PM »

Just got off the phone with BB. The FD just came and told him to evacuate his home. I will be keeping my fingers crossed that they can stop the fires. I will be praying for you and your family Bro and all others that are being affected from this. The bike is safe and Linda was taking the personal possesions such as family pictures and documents and were loading what they could into their vehicles.  L&R Bro,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 03:50:33 PM »

Wow didnt know about this. BB best of luck to bro I hope mother nature spares you.

Dave
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 04:23:59 PM »

This is no joking matter. I seriously hope you're spared from this unfortunate event Brian. It must be difficult dealing with this, since you have no control over the final chapter. I hope you and your family remain safe, and can return to your home as quickly as possible.

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 06:17:26 PM »

Just got off the phone with BB. The FD just came and told him to evacuate his home. I will be keeping my fingers crossed that they can stop the fires. I will be praying for you and your family Bro and all others that are being affected from this. The bike is safe and Linda was taking the personal possesions such as family pictures and documents and were loading what they could into their vehicles.  L&R Bro,Q

This totally twists me up.  I hate to see this happening, especially to friends and families of folks we are close to.  I'll be pullin' for you BB.

Rog

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 07:27:08 PM »

BB, sorry for this bad news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hope to see you back home soon.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

deucedog

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 08:12:55 PM »

I'll post a picture of a tanker dropping fire retardant about 1 mile from our home.  We had the sheriff stop by our house for a "precautionary" evacuation.  We just stayed put as the fire was under control and was heading in a southwesterly direction away from us.  Loads of smoke and ash.  We had the trucks face out on the driveway and had our 8 dogs prepared for immediate departure if required.  Our prayers are with the folks that were under mandatory evacuations.  I have a trailer if anyone needs help.  Let me know. 

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2007, 09:18:25 PM »

My prayers are going out to all that are facing this tragedy. Especially BB and family. God Bless!

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2007, 09:32:12 PM »

Man, I'm sorry to hear all this.  Spiderman, I'm hoping and praying that ya'll are spared.  At best, it's gonna be bad.  Let us hear when you can.  Good luck.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Binx

• Hoist's BSR
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2007, 09:36:14 PM »

BB, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Wishing you a speedy and safe return home. -Binx
wut?

deucedog

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2007, 10:23:37 PM »

Here's what we saw from the front yarrd.  These pilots are amazing and courageous flying in 30-50 MPG winds gusting to 70MPG, truly amazing.  This is about 1 mile from our home.  If you've been following the news, there are several fires going all over the state.  The good news is that this one has been put out.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2007, 10:39:01 PM »

Spidy, Got a room if you need it. Lou 951 678-1281   
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.