Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9  All

Author Topic: California Wildfires....  (Read 12834 times)

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: California Wildfires....
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2007, 11:36:36 PM »

Hey Spiderman, I hope that everything works out for the best for you and your family.

djkak

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2007, 09:23:07 AM »

Spiderman! YIKES, Ken just told me about this this morning! Hopes and prayers for a safe and quick return to your home! It's fortunate you had notice to get your important papers and family treasures! Praying for their swift return to their rightful places in your undamaged home!
I like shiny stuff!

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2007, 09:23:21 AM »

The Today Show was reporting from Poway CA, Spidermans home town, this morning. I hope his house dodges the bullit and that we  don't have any firefighters hurt. We're thinking about you guys out there!

Hobo
2001 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide (FLTRSEI2)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2007, 09:28:04 AM »

Best of luck to all involved, stay safe first. 

Miker

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2007, 09:33:55 AM »

i have the piru fire and stevenson ranch combining and headed straight for simi valley, should be ok, thank god for fire fighter :2vrolijk_21:
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2007, 10:17:07 AM »

i have the piru fire and stevenson ranch combining and headed straight for simi valley, should be ok, thank god for fire fighter :2vrolijk_21:
What a bad natural disaster.  :nervous: I'm pulling for all you guys to escape this terrible fire(s).  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2007, 10:19:50 AM »

todays news  :nervous:

California Office of Emergency Services firefighters wait for water as a home burns Monday, Oct 22. 2007 in Poway, Calif. (AP Photo/Denis Poroy)

:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

pumkinownerswife

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2007, 10:25:26 AM »

Who all lives in this area?  I pray you all are safe.

Helen

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2007, 11:00:26 AM »

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so sorry to hear about these wildfires and to know they are threatening the family of friends of our fellow CVOHarley brothers and sisters is heartbreaking.  I'm on the other side of the continent, but if a bed, shower, and a vehicle is of value to any of you, please holler. 

:coolblue:   :cherry:

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2007, 12:18:48 PM »

Anyone heard from BB?  I hope for everyone's safety and that the winds die down to help the firefighters barrle this disaster.

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2007, 01:29:29 PM »

Kerry And Brandon,s Home may not be there when they get home on Friday.  I,ll be home today sitting in louie,louieville airport  flight leaves in two hours---AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2007, 02:34:10 PM »

Kerry And Brandon,s Home may not be there when they get home on Friday.  I,ll be home today sitting in louie,louieville airport  flight leaves in two hours---AK

AK...sure hope everything is OK with their home.  What's happening out there is awful...maybe the weather will change tomorrow and things will begin to get under control...not much anyone can do right now.  My thoughts are with your loved ones, and anyone else who might be affected by this.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2007, 02:35:40 PM »

Hey everybody.
                   Things are still very iffy and at any moment we could get chased out again, but Linda and I and Mickey (our dog) are back in our house and have not suffered much. LD is in the middle of the local Walmart parking lot, locked, alarmed and covered. The truck and car are still packed and we are ready to leave on a moment's notice. We were with Beagle's wife Susie, but that area was evacuated as well. Susie is at a friends home near the ocean in a safe area. So far the damage for us is related to ash, soot etc. My yard is a mess, the pool will have to be drained and scrubbed, the filter system and pumps were left on and got clogged and burned out. All very very minor stuff compared to those that have lost their homes, those like Brandon and Kerry who were away and may return to nothing. At least when we left we took two vehicles full of precious memories with us and as I said they are still packed and ready to go. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone of our CVO family and all residents of the SoCal area undergoing this. While we learned a lot from the fires of 4 years ago, there is no getting used to this. There were moments of near dispair yesterday as it seemed the fire was boxing us in and we had no escape route. Luckily I caught a very accurate John Coleman on TV and he explained the wind patterns, pinpointed the exact areas that were burning and using a computer model predicted where the fires were headed. After seeing that we returned home. At the moment, we have Mickey's instincts ( he paces and whines when things get bad) and my dust meter. I keep a small area clean on the patio and if the fire starts in this direction the ash and soot that blows in advance of the fire will cover that area quickly and we'll be gone again. Thank you every single one of you for all your well wishes and prayers. Please extend those to everyone in the SoCal area. Also to our brothers and sisters in the New Orleans area which is once again getting the worst of the weather.

Vaya con Dios Mi Amigos y Amigas

B B

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2007, 02:38:13 PM »

We're thinking about you BB. Be safe.

:indian_chief:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.