Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9  All

Author Topic: California Wildfires....  (Read 12889 times)

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
Re: California Wildfires....
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2007, 08:20:16 PM »

Prayers are going to all in harms way. BB, I'm praying you don't have to leave again. AK, I'm praying for you and your family too! :2vrolijk_21:

harleydiva

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2007, 09:21:48 PM »

Hey everybody.
                   Things are still very iffy and at any moment we could get chased out again, but Linda and I and Mickey (our dog) are back in our house and have not suffered much. LD is in the middle of the local Walmart parking lot, locked, alarmed and covered. The truck and car are still packed and we are ready to leave on a moment's notice. We were with Beagle's wife Susie, but that area was evacuated as well. Susie is at a friends home near the ocean in a safe area. So far the damage for us is related to ash, soot etc. My yard is a mess, the pool will have to be drained and scrubbed, the filter system and pumps were left on and got clogged and burned out. All very very minor stuff compared to those that have lost their homes, those like Brandon and Kerry who were away and may return to nothing. At least when we left we took two vehicles full of precious memories with us and as I said they are still packed and ready to go. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone of our CVO family and all residents of the SoCal area undergoing this. While we learned a lot from the fires of 4 years ago, there is no getting used to this. There were moments of near dispair yesterday as it seemed the fire was boxing us in and we had no escape route. Luckily I caught a very accurate John Coleman on TV and he explained the wind patterns, pinpointed the exact areas that were burning and using a computer model predicted where the fires were headed. After seeing that we returned home. At the moment, we have Mickey's instincts ( he paces and whines when things get bad) and my dust meter. I keep a small area clean on the patio and if the fire starts in this direction the ash and soot that blows in advance of the fire will cover that area quickly and we'll be gone again. Thank you every single one of you for all your well wishes and prayers. Please extend those to everyone in the SoCal area. Also to our brothers and sisters in the New Orleans area which is once again getting the worst of the weather.

Vaya con Dios Mi Amigos y Amigas

B B

Our thoughts are with you and yours.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2007, 09:42:04 PM »

All these prayers. Think maybe St. Peter would mind if I saved a few to cash in on judgement day ?   ;)

B B

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2007, 09:49:48 PM »

All these prayers. Think maybe St. Peter would mind if I saved a few to cash in on judgement day ?   ;)

B B

B...any word on whether the winds are letting up some?  Man, this is awful chit, and me and Suzanne are worried about you, your wife, and your dog, as well as all the others in the area.  Be safe, and let us know when possible for you.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2007, 10:14:19 PM »

And a FYI concerning our friend Mr. Spiderman.
In the rush to evacuate his phone was dropped and smashed.
If we are lucky it's working and we can talk with him.  But if you call him and just get his Voice mail and he doesn't return your call I'm betting it's not working. He will keep us informed on this site.
Hang in there buddy!

S
  /
    B

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2007, 11:12:05 PM »

Brian, damn man, I'm so sorry to hear about this. I pray you and yours come out of this with just the minimal damage you mentioned.
To all our CVO buds in SoCal, we're praying for you. It's like our tornadoes around here, I know what a helpless feeling that is and I really feel for you going through this.

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2007, 12:01:20 AM »

Having lived in southern California for over 8 years (both kids born there), I know what you folks are going through. 

Our thoughts and prayers are offered for all of you that are caught in the middle of this terrible disaster.  Be safe.  Possessions can be replaced, you and your family are what is most important.
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2007, 12:02:46 AM »

I have a buddy in Ramona with no water and electricity that was told to evacuate yesterday. He refuses to go because he will have only one trip out and won't be able to get back in again. He had to choose between getting his new GTO or his Harley out and can't make the choice. I talked to him again tonight and told him with my Sheriff ID I could help him, so the the real reason finally came out, there is mass looting going on in the evacuated areas. He stands to loose everything from fire or looting so he chose to stay. I saw patients from the Lake Arrowhead area today and they say the same thing is happening up there...no one in or out because of the looting.  :soapbox: This chit sucks !! I'm taking a couple days off to help the tankers land in the lake in front of my house and the offer still holds for anyone who needs shelter from the fires. We have a large living area below the house with enclosed bike parking. A family of four could be comfortable there, and yes I'll take out the adult magazines and calanders.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 12:05:16 AM by grandpadoc »

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2007, 12:07:44 AM »

I have a buddy in Ramona with no water and electricity that was told to evacuate yesterday. He refuses to go because he will have only one trip out and won't be able to get back in again. He had to choose between getting his new GTO or his Harley out and can't make the choice. I talked to him again tonight and told him with my Sheriff ID I could help him, so the the real reason finally came out, there is mass looting going on in the evacuated areas. He stands to loose everything from fire or looting so he chose to stay. I saw patients from the Lake Arrowhead area today and they say the same thing is happening up there...no one in or out because of the looting.  :soapbox: This chit sucks !! I'm taking a couple days off to help the tankers land in the lake in front of my house and the offer still holds for anyone who needs shelter from the fires. We have a large living area below the house with enclosed bike parking. A family of four could be comfortable there, and yes I'll take out the adult magazines and calanders.

Great offer doc, let's hope no one here needs to take you up on it.

Thank you for your volunteer efforts as well, and best of luck ot your friend.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2007, 12:13:11 AM »

Hey Doc, just curious.......how are you assisting the tankers landing in front of your house?  Keeping the area clear of boat traffic?  Are the tankers picking up water from your lake?  Good luck to all of you in this tough time.  :2vrolijk_21: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2007, 12:30:24 AM »

I'm the vice commander of Lake Elsinore Marine Search and Rescue (LEMSAR). We will secure the lake from recreational boaters and ferry personnel to a platform that the tankers hook up to. While it's hooked up it fills its tanks with water and takes off again.  I'll take pictures if this all comes about. We have had tankers that just scoop the water up without landing and choppers pickup , but never anything like this before.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 12:31:12 AM by grandpadoc »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2007, 12:39:57 AM »

Thanks Doc.......very interesting.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

103_RK

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2007, 06:36:24 AM »

Stay safe Spiderman and all of the west coast members, our prayers are with you.  I can't imagine the threat of losing everything to fires and looters.  Do they let you shoot looters?
103 RK
2003 FLHRSEI2

hdchic07

• '07 Dyna Street Bob
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2007, 08:26:36 AM »

My thoughts go out to all of you....although we are in IL...we have a spare room and garage for the bikes if anyone needs it....stay safe......

ETA...Duecedog, I have a Mastiff that looks exactly like your avatar!  Point for this edit, if you need a place for the dogs, I have room....having 4 myself, I have the house, plus indoor/outdoor kennels (insulated) if they need a place to stay.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 08:29:12 AM by hdchic07 »
If you don't take that risk, how will you ever know?

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2007, 10:02:17 AM »

Hopes and prayers that today brings no winds and an end to this horrible devastation. My baby sis isn't in an evac zone but her son's school is (6 miles from where they live). She's fighting the soot and smoke pretty hard though. They also don't have A/C and have to keep the windows closed so their breathing isn't impaired. It was over 80 degrees.

I know this isn't a big deal compared to what others have faced and are facing. It just brought a reality to it that it's hard to understand just how bad it is from here. Apparently it's the largest mandatory evacuation ever and at least as of this morning 1,800 homes have been destroyed.

Here's hopes and prayers that the winds die down, that the firefighters continue to be  safe and that everyone involved in this disaster have seen the worst of it so the healing can begin.
I like shiny stuff!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 20 queries.