Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9 [All]

Author Topic: Contribution request for a friend who needs a hand  (Read 11746 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Contribution request for a friend who needs a hand
« on: November 01, 2007, 03:49:05 PM »

Writing this with reservation.  Not because I mind being out front assisting a good friend but because the friend won't like that he's seen to be needing a hand.

An old and dear friend here is a single dad.  Has been for seven years. 

Three years ago his daughter, who was then five, is far braver than I am and an absolute doll, was diagnosed with cancer.  Other complications since.

What was hoped to have been remission wasn't.  The disease is present with a vengeance.  They've gone through insurance, sold car, boat, bikes and anything else of any real value except the home.  Tapped out equity on it and anything else though.  Added a 2nd on the house so even if it sold they wouldn't pocket anything.

They've got some travel ahead soon.  Minnesota for three weeks out of four potentially each of the next three months.

I'm not suggesting anyone give until it hurts.  Or even until it stings.  I've already started a small fund with enough to cover a month's mortgage, travel and meal costs.  Will bump it myself if not able to score more elsewhere.

Only hoping to collect enough in small bits so that he can go for a quarter without having mortgage hanging over his head and meal money without having to spend more on credit cards.  In three months at most they'll be home one way or the other.  He'll be back at work again and continue what life will have to offer at that time. 

Just trying to help him get to that point without losing the home.  He's very close to that now.  The bank has already been as flexible as it will so he is literally without options any longer.

Not just hitting the crowd here.  Working a few other venues as well.  Even the corporate side though they're not geared toward assisting the individual.  If something scores well though rest assured I'll tell everyone here to stop and would return what had been sent in.

Until that might happen though I'm asking anyone that wouldn't mind to help a rider who has already sold his bikes for a greater good. A night's restaurant money or the cost of movie tickets; something like that. 

Send any contribution to:

Don Carey
2829 N. Chandler
Joplin, MO  64801

I'll bundle it all together and get it where it will do some good.  Thanks very much for taking the time to read through this.  Any help is appreciated.

NB: Anyone who'd read this post before, or who reads later in the thread, will see or remember reference to Paypal.  The Paypal account I set up for this purpose was FUBAR.  Never did get it straightened out.  After too much time and too many hassles bailed on using them on 12 November.  Issued refunds to everyone who had contributed through the Paypal account and requested they use snail mail instead.  My apologies for all the unnecessary hassle and my thanks again to everyone who chipped in.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 12:03:14 AM by Twolanerider »

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Contribution request for a friend who needs a hand
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 04:09:02 PM »

My heart goes out to your friend Don. His daughter is a lucky little girl to have him for a daddy! And the Dad is a very lucky guy to have you for a friend!

Ken and I will gladly make a donation to such a worthy cause. It's especially poignant to me with Thanksgiving and other Holidays coming up around the corner to remember how very lucky and blessed we are by sharing with others less fortunate.

Everyone needs help every now and then. That's why family and friends are the biggest blessing in our lives. CVOHarley.com is both and for that I'm thankful.

I'll be sending out positive thoughts and prayers as a bonus!  ;)

I like shiny stuff!

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 04:22:09 PM »

It would be an honor to help, our prayers are with this family. Please keep us up to date. Rocky is on her way to the mailbox now. God Bless!!

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 04:40:03 PM »

Don-

Is the Paypal account a new one as it said not verified.  I've sent you money for decals/patches but I don't remember Paypal being in the American Road address.

Thanks, Bob

Binx

• Hoist's BSR
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 04:50:58 PM »

It would be our pleasure!  :-*
Binx & Hoist
wut?

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 04:59:45 PM »

Something funky with that address. All I got was an email addressed to the recipient.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 05:04:10 PM »

Is this on the up & up? Is the snail mail address ok?

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 05:06:16 PM »

Hey Don, recheck that Pay Pal link.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 05:21:21 PM »

Is this on the up & up? Is the snail mail address ok?

Hey "other Howie"!  :P

Don is a stand up guy so no worried about the veracity of this request!

I just called Ken to have him call Don to let him know about the problem with that paypal account. Hopefully he'll be able to check in right away and fix whatever the problem is!

I know Don is thankful to everyone for their generosity!!
I like shiny stuff!

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2007, 05:25:11 PM »

Hey "other Howie"!  :P

Don is a stand up guy so no worried about the veracity of this request!

I just called Ken to have him call Don to let him know about the problem with that paypal account. Hopefully he'll be able to check in right away and fix whatever the problem is!

I know Don is thankful to everyone for their generosity!!

Just the FNG trying to get to know everyone hope I didn't come off the wrong way. As I said earlier, Raquel and I are honored to help. Thanks for the heads up.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2007, 06:00:04 PM »

Touched by the immediate interest from so many.  Thanks to everyone.

Not sure what might have been the problem with the Paypal account.  It was a new account I'd just set up for this purpose.  In case the accountant got cranky later it's easier to keep something that is separate entirely separate.

Have just looked at the account at Paypal.  It seems to be working now.  Donations have already shown up in the account.  I double checked the account's status and settings and it should be functional. 

A note for any newer members who might see this.  Don't hesitate to ask.  There's enough weird stuff on the net that it's never a bad idea to question.  If you're unsure please don't contribute.  No harm and no foul.  Just because many here know me and have shared meals or roads doesn't mean everyone does.  Don't feel at all bad about being cautious.

Thanks again,
Don
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 12:03:55 AM by Twolanerider »

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2007, 06:07:06 PM »

Touched by the immediate interest from so many.  Thanks to everyone.

Not sure what might have been the problem with the Paypal account.  It was a new account I'd just set up for this purpose.  In case the accountant got cranky later it's easier to keep something that is separate entirely separate.

Have just looked at the account at Paypal.  It seems to be working now.  Donations have already shown up in the account.  I double checked the account's status and settings and it should be functional. 

For any hassle this caused anyone I apologize.  Please try again.  The address to use will be: 

paypal@theamericanroad.us

A note for any newer members who might see this.  Don't hesitate to ask.  There's enough weird stuff on the net that it's never a bad idea to question.  If you're unsure please don't contribute.  No harm and no foul.  Just because many here know me and have shared meals or roads doesn't mean everyone does.  Don't feel at all bad about being cautious.

Thanks again,
Don

Thanks for your patience Don, I hope snail mail is not too much of a hassle!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2007, 06:10:01 PM »

Thanks for your patience Don, I hope snail mail is not too much of a hassle!

There is no hassle of any kind with any of it FNG.  I'll bundle whatever arrives no matter how it gets here.  Already liberated a few of his deposit slips and he'll magically have some money later to help out with that he didn't expect.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2007, 06:46:19 PM »

Don, glad to be able to help out.

Wish them well and I'll shoot a prayer out for them as well.

Damn shame to get into the position health costs force you to in these situations.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2007, 07:49:28 PM »

Don,

Sheila and I are very happy to be able to help out your friend just a bit.  We hope things work out...

Your friend is fortunate to have you as a friend... :2vrolijk_21:

later...Scott
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2007, 09:08:25 PM »

The response has been wonderful.  Thanks very much to everyone as they have or are yet to consider this.  Really appreciate it :2vrolijk_21: .

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2007, 10:08:35 PM »

Don

I think you are a friend that everyone, if they're lucky, should have at least ONE of!! (especially knowing he's too proud) Sure am glad you aren't!! Thank you for reminding me to cherish the health of my kids!

Sending out love and prayers to this precious little one for fighting and beating this horrible disease! An 8 year old girl should be out punching cute little 8 y/o boys to shows she likes him and playing on swings and thinking about being a princess!!

JR!!! How bout lending your beautiful words for this little lamb?!

I like shiny stuff!

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2007, 10:54:19 PM »

Don

I think you are a friend that everyone, if they're lucky, should have at least ONE of!! (especially knowing he's too proud) Sure am glad you aren't!! Thank you for reminding me to cherish the health of my kids!

Sending out love and prayers to this precious little one for fighting and beating this horrible disease! An 8 year old girl should be out punching cute little 8 y/o boys to shows she likes him and playing on swings and thinking about being a princess!!

JR!!! How bout lending your beautiful words for this little lamb?!

Has already been taken care of....My heart is heavy for this family but this princess is already in the arms of God!

Texas Lurker

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2007, 11:07:42 PM »

Every one needs help some time in their lives & these need it now. I would be honored to help what little I can. I'll also send Prayers there way. It's been said before & I'll say it again Don these folks are so lucky to have a friend like you, buddy.             Linny

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2007, 11:23:25 PM »

Don, Thanks for being a member of this site as guys like you are what make it so special. My thoughts and prayers will be for your friend and especially for his brave little daughter. I have a 10 year old daughter who is my whole life and I have often wondered, I guess because of what I see in my business,  if I could handle something like this. People do it every day  but quite frankly I don't know if I would be man enough. I am currently handling a case for a young couple who lost their two year old daughter and the mother is unable to have any more kids, and it bothers me knowing that no matter how hard I work or what I do, I can never help them replace what they have lost. Kids are irreplaceable and thus  I know to an extent what you are personally going through. I will make a pay pal donation in a few moments, so if by some chance you don't see it shortly please pm or email me. My best to all, jj.  

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2007, 11:34:34 PM »

Don, I tried the second link you posted for paypal and it took me to email and not to paypal,  so apparently the link is still not right. However I did go to paypal.com and sent a contribution to the email address you had listed. If you don't get it please  let me know. jj

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2007, 01:26:47 AM »

ohhhhhhh, now I understand the difficulty people are having......

Sorry about that.   

To make the payment through Paypal you'll need to go there first.  That's www.paypal.com .

At Paypal you make a payment to an email address.  That's the address listed above and now shown here again: paypal@theamericanroad.us

Clicking on the email address by itself is just email.  Log on to Paypal first.  Then within Paypal send to the email address.  If someone doesn't use paypal a mailing address is also shown in the first post of this thread.

My bad.  Sorry I'd not made it clear to begin with.  Will go back and edit the initial post to clear up any confusion.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 01:46:57 AM by Twolanerider »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2007, 11:42:34 AM »

Just wanted to say thanks again to everyone for reading and considering this.  It is something that truly is a real and immediate benefit to someone that really needs it.  Personally I very much appreciate the consideration and support that several have offered.  Thanks again.

Don

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2007, 11:59:50 AM »

It's syllogism (learned it in logic).  Any friend of yours is a friend of mine.  I know the thread is tough to start and I know it must be tough for a proud family to accept help from strangers.  The Lord must be looking out for someone.  I got a surprise check in the mail yesterday and this thread today!  I'm glad to help.
Jim
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

hogasm

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2007, 12:08:03 PM »

Sent a paypal. Hope it will help out Don.

One of my guys that work for me has bladder cancer. He went through treatments once, and now he is on a free experimental program. He had to go through some hoops to get on but hopefully in the long run it will be worth it.

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2007, 12:15:03 PM »

Browsing the Board at lunch and just caught this thread.  Paypal sent...Happy to help.  Need to keep this thread bumped to the top.
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2007, 12:22:55 PM »

Honored to help.

MIker

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2007, 01:38:14 AM »

Thanks again to everyone.  I know they're spending a weekend with a grandparent right now before making the first of the treks to MN in just a few days.  The efforts here will make this a much easier and happier trip for them.  Thanks guys.

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2007, 10:20:57 AM »

Mornin ya'll!

Just wanted to, also, thank everyone for their generous and much needed donations! This site is such a wonderful place full of caring and thoughtful friends and family!

Just wanted to bump this thread to keep remind us to keep Don's friends in their thoughts and prayers as they are much needed and they deserve the power of all our love and prayers through this rough journey. Keep those healing thoughts coming!!
I like shiny stuff!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2007, 10:56:38 AM »

Mornin ya'll!

Just wanted to, also, thank everyone for their generous and much needed donations! This site is such a wonderful place full of caring and thoughtful friends and family!

Just wanted to bump this thread to keep remind us to keep Don's friends in their thoughts and prayers as they are much needed and they deserve the power of all our love and prayers through this rough journey. Keep those healing thoughts coming!!

Thanks JD.  That's very sweet.  When the gifts get brought together this will be a great surprise for them.  Thanks again everyone.  It's all appreciated very much.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2007, 03:15:06 PM »

Thought a bump should be in order just in case there are those looking to help!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2007, 04:47:58 PM »

Thought a bump should be in order just in case there are those looking to help!

Thanks again.  Couple of contributions arrived in snail mail today also. 

As an aside; setting up a new Paypal account and then immediately having it get activity apparently puts their panties in a bunch.  You'd not believe the hoops they've had to jump through getting the account both active and approved in the last few days.

It's good that they're making things as secure and protected as they can.  At some point, however, you've answered everything they've asked and enough has to be enough.  Companies that make themselves difficult to do business with are ones that don't get business done with them.  Hopefully the bees will be out of their bonnet soon.

Thanks again to everyone that has helped out here.  I clued them in this morning with a general idea of what to expect.  Very happy campers.  It was nice.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2007, 09:34:44 PM »

When starting this I thought using Paypal would be easiest for me and everyone else.  Was willing to let Paypal take their cut rather than deal with postal mail.  That assumption of ease of use was mistaken.

Apparently the creation of a new account immediately followed by payments that don't have product purchases tied to them raises red flags at Paypal.  I've so far provided them with credit card support, drivers license, passport, bank statements and probably other things not currently remembered.  Next I'm sure will a lock of hair and a DNA sample.

They've got the newly created account on hold while they verify that I'm not stealing from all of you without your knowledge.  If they keep this up too much longer I'll not be able to get it to Rob before they leave next time.  It's not that a week is that big a deal one way or the other, but it needs to get taken care of.

So....  I need a hand.  Not sure how much good it will do.  But it's the only thing I can do to further the process right now.

To those of you that have contributed via Paypal:

Would you please send an email to appeal@paypal.com . 

Make the subject line: Case Number: PP-360-050-255.

In the body of the email please tell them your paypal account, that you know your payment to paypal@theamericanroad.us was a contribution, that you knew this before the fact and that you're confident I'm not stealing from everyone.

Hopefully this will speed along a process that I'm now told could otherwise take another week to ten days.  Oy vey.....

Guys, I'm really sorry for all the hassle here.  Didn't intend this to be difficult.  If they drag it out too long I may just tell them to stuff it and issue refunds to everyone.  Will then bug you all to extend your generosity again but use snail mail.  The real benefit there would be Paypal would get screwed out of their percentage.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2007, 10:11:06 PM »

Don,

I sent a note to the email address you provided.  Hopefully this will help expedite the process...

later...Scott
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2007, 10:15:22 PM »

Don,

I sent a note to the email address you provided.  Hopefully this will help expedite the process...

later...Scott

Thanks Scott.  Appreciate it.  They can't be damned for trying to protect the users and being secure.  But enough is just enough sometimes.  I'd really not be surprised if they ask me to pee in a cup next.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2007, 11:44:57 AM »

Me too. Hope it helps.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2007, 11:57:17 AM »

Just sent the note to Paypal, hope it moves them.
I looked at my paypal transaction list and they have the donation marked as completed. So I assume all is straightened out?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 12:14:24 PM by MJZ »

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2007, 12:44:35 PM »

I also sent an email to PayPal.  Hope it helps.  Good luck...
   H-D Race Tuner
   RedShift 647 Cams

Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2007, 12:52:15 PM »

I know snail mail is a pita but seems like it may be the way to go. Did you you get Raquel and my via snail mail?

Howie :nixweiss:

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2007, 01:41:23 PM »

Email sent to PayPal.

Brad
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

Bojiboy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire and Stardust Silver
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2007, 04:10:59 PM »

Message sent as well.....
2012 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire and Stardust Silver
2006 FLHTCUSE (traded in)
2005 FLHRCI (sold)
Single enclosed trailer

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2007, 04:23:40 PM »

Just sent the note to Paypal, hope it moves them.
I looked at my paypal transaction list and they have the donation marked as completed. So I assume all is straightened out?

Apparently "completed" only means completed as in they're holding and making interest on the payment before it's released for use in the other account.  Still on hold from my end.

If they don't have it taken care of by end of business tomorrow I'm going to tell them to return all the payments to everyone who sent them.  We'll do it by snail mail and they can lose their percantage on all the transactions.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2007, 04:25:22 PM »

I know snail mail is a pita but seems like it may be the way to go. Did you you get Raquel and my via snail mail?

Howie :nixweiss:

Yes, I believe so. There have been four contributions arrive in the mail.  Admittedly I've not kept a list of who or how much as this was never about who or how much.  Didn't want anyone thinking they ought to do more or different than anyone else.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2007, 10:02:38 PM »

Apparently "completed" only means completed as in they're holding and making interest on the payment before it's released for use in the other account.  Still on hold from my end.

If they don't have it taken care of by end of business tomorrow I'm going to tell them to return all the payments to everyone who sent them.  We'll do it by snail mail and they can lose their percantage on all the transactions.

Don,

Did you get this squared away with paypal?

Scott
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2007, 01:29:26 AM »

Don,

Did you get this squared away with paypal?

Scott

Scott, your info request here was accompanied by a couple of PMs and an email all in just the last 24 hours asking how this was going.  People have been concerned over whether their efforts were making it where they were intended.

After looking at the last email from Paypal, and just how annoying and obtuse it was, I for the life of me could not figure out why I should continue screwing with them.  Doing so does not guarantee immediate results.  Doing so would also only be effort that would eventually allow them to secure their percentage in transaction fees.  Those are fees they patently have not earned.  What I'd thought would be the simplest way to do this surely has not been.  My bad.

So, rather than giving Paypal the satisfaction of continuing to dance to their tune and paying them for the privilege I just got through refunding everything there.  Hopefully all of you will see the refund notices very promptly.  They get no fees on a refunded transaction.  At this point there is some small satisfaction in knowing they won't get paid.

A few had used snail mail to begin with.  To those that had contributed using Paypal; upon seeing your refunds please do the same.  Address is still in the first post of the thread.  For convenience here it is again:

Don Carey
2829 N. Chandler
Joplin, MO  64801

Thanks everyone very much for your patience here.  I never anticipated this becoming weird or a hassle.  My heartfelt apologies to all of you for putting up with the problems and still being concerned enough to check in on it.

While here I'll make one more pitch too.  The reasons why are in the first post of this thread.  These are two really good people who need a hand right now.  I personally pitched in about 3k to cover one month of bare minimum expenses for them.  The contributions so far from here and a couple of other sources have come close to matching that. 

If someone is seeing this thread for the first time your consideration is appreciated.  Again, not asking anyone to give until it hurts.  Not even until it stings.  If you can share the cost of a night's restaurant bill or movie tickets that's great.  A few doing that really adds up.  And it will all be strongly and beautifully appreciated by a special little girl and her dad.

Thanks again,
Don

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2007, 07:32:16 AM »

I'll send a check as soon as I see the credit.....  I check my account on line at least once a day.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2007, 07:54:48 AM »

Don,

A check is on the way...

my paypal account was credited last night...

Interestingly, I also received an email from paypal yesterday acknowledging the email I wrote them on your behalf...

I hope everyone who contributed by paypal takes the time so send snail mail to Don.  It takes a few minutes longer, but means just as much...

best wishes to your friend...Scott
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2007, 09:35:14 AM »

Don,

A check is on the way...

my paypal account was credited last night...

Interestingly, I also received an email from paypal yesterday acknowledging the email I wrote them on your behalf...

I hope everyone who contributed by paypal takes the time so send snail mail to Don.  It takes a few minutes longer, but means just as much...

best wishes to your friend...Scott

Scott,
Thanks for the confirmation that the refunds went out normally.  From my end they looked like they did.  But I've learned now that appearance isn't all it's cracked up to by when Paypal is involved.  Thanks again.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2007, 09:36:19 AM »

I'll send a check as soon as I see the credit.....  I check my account on line at least once a day.

Thanks JG.  Wonder how many will be like I am and not have written a paper check in so long they have no idea where the check book is :huepfenlol2: ?

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2007, 09:56:05 AM »

Don,

I'll get this in the mail, I got the refund notice last night as well.

Rog

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2007, 07:02:37 AM »

Got the PayPal refund also...check went into the mail this morning.
   H-D Race Tuner
   RedShift 647 Cams

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2007, 08:56:11 AM »

Got the refund confirmation email. Don, I will mail you a check when I get home on Saturday. :2vrolijk_21: Bless ya Bro for doing this!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2007, 11:05:44 AM »

Thanks guys. Again, sorry for the postal hassle.  The effort is appreciated though. :2vrolijk_21:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2007, 11:07:33 AM »

Just as an aside.  I really really hope some real person at Paypal notices what happened and realizes they screwed themselves out of several dollars in transaction fees 8) .

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2007, 11:32:48 AM »

I've received several e-mails from phishers using Paypal as a front.  It has a link to a site that looks exactly like the paypal log in screen and asks you to reconfirm all of your information.  When it asked me for my SS# I was suspicious and looked at the URL and noticed it had a different address but had PayPal in the end of it.  I started playing around with the log in screen with colorful words and it accepted anything I put in. 

Paypal is trying to protect it's users from scams.  We got caught in the middle.  It's a shame that this level of security needs to exist.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2007, 11:46:30 AM »

I've received several e-mails from phishers using Paypal as a front.  It has a link to a site that looks exactly like the paypal log in screen and asks you to reconfirm all of your information.  When it asked me for my SS# I was suspicious and looked at the URL and noticed it had a different address but had PayPal in the end of it.  I started playing around with the log in screen with colorful words and it accepted anything I put in. 

Paypal is trying to protect it's users from scams.  We got caught in the middle.  It's a shame that this level of security needs to exist.

JG, I completely agree; to a point.  I in no way damn them for their intent to be secure and protect clients and consumers.  My issue was how asinine and obtuse it become. 

In the end I'd provided, redundantly, drivers license, passport, bank statements, two other gov't issued IDs, a tax record, confirming messages from people here saying they knew what was being paid for and probably a bit more as well.  It was just that once they started down the path they begin it seemed their course could never be corrected from it.  It was almost willfully obtuse.  Speaking with real people mattered not.  The area of staff that dealt with this kind of issue were disinclined to discuss or reason or evaluate.  It was automatons at work with no desire to be anything else.  It put my panties in a wad.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2007, 09:48:42 PM »

My issue was how asinine and obtuse it become. 
  It was automatons at work with no desire to be anything else.  It put my panties in a wad.

Don, don't talk like that it gets me so ..... oh well, never mind.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 09:51:43 PM by Rjob749 »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2007, 09:50:21 PM »

Don, don't talk like that it gets me so ..... oh well, never mind.

Don't worry Rog.  Panties have the same effect on me too.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2007, 09:52:39 PM »

Don't worry Rog.  Panties have the same effect on me too.
DOH !

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2007, 09:55:10 PM »

Oh, I hear you loud and clear :)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2007, 09:59:28 PM »

:P
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2007, 10:02:12 PM »

Rog, don't you you love it when the written word is made accessible through such inspiring and inspired venues :2vrolijk_21: .

Bojiboy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2007, 10:38:27 PM »

Had to put on the glasses to read that. Wouldn't have the flip side view would you?  8)
2005 FLHRCI (sold)
Single enclosed trailer

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2007, 10:41:42 PM »

Had to put on the glasses to read that. Wouldn't have the flip side view would you?  8)

Hmmm, maybe?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2007, 10:42:22 PM »

But if you're not quick they'll get away!

Bojiboy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2007, 11:13:21 PM »

Oh Ya  :-* :-*
2005 FLHRCI (sold)
Single enclosed trailer

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2007, 11:23:23 PM »

Rog, don't you you love it when the written word is made accessible through such inspiring and inspired venues :2vrolijk_21: .

Yup, it's a wonderful thing :2vrolijk_21:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2007, 09:08:23 AM »

Bless this thread!   

Miker

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2007, 09:11:48 AM »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2007, 11:13:13 AM »

Bless this thread!   

Miker

We need only remember, from charity comes grace (or boobs).

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2007, 11:16:19 AM »

WOW!!! Anybody standing around her is going to need eye protection if she takes a deep breath that button is going to fly off and put an eye out. :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2007, 11:17:09 AM »

How true............

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2007, 11:19:40 AM »

How true............

But once again to show our true colors and desire to bring intellect and high thought to our discourse:

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2007, 11:28:08 AM »

But once again to show our true colors and desire to bring intellect and high thought to our discourse:

How about a weather report from Heather?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2007, 11:29:58 AM »

We really need to come up with some new pictures  :huepfenlol2: .

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2007, 11:32:23 AM »

We really need to come up with some new pictures  :huepfenlol2: .

Hold on UPS just got here...................

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2007, 11:33:55 AM »

:2vrolijk_21:

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2007, 11:39:09 AM »

Never had a delivery person like the UPS gal pictured but the young lady on the bike is about as good as it gets (a least for me).   :2vrolijk_21:

Not smart enough to get her picture in this response.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2007, 11:40:55 AM »

Never had a delivery person like the UPS gal pictured but the young lady on the bike is about as good as it gets (a least for me).   :2vrolijk_21:

Not smart enough to get her picture in this response.

That was good.  Though this one was my all time favorite (site-allowable).

Bojiboy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2007, 11:41:35 AM »

Where do I sign?  :P :-*
2005 FLHRCI (sold)
Single enclosed trailer

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2007, 11:41:45 AM »

Unless it was this one....  :nixweiss:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2007, 11:42:25 AM »

Or perhaps this one....

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2007, 11:43:38 AM »

whew, I need a beverage.....

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2007, 11:44:54 AM »

Wait, she's just finishing the delivery and leaving....

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2007, 11:46:33 AM »

whew, I need a beverage.....

I know the feeling

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2007, 11:49:50 AM »

Got to be the other kids brother?

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2007, 01:21:51 PM »

JG, I completely agree; to a point.  I in no way damn them for their intent to be secure and protect clients and consumers.  My issue was how asinine and obtuse it become. 

In the end I'd provided, redundantly, drivers license, passport, bank statements, two other gov't issued IDs, a tax record, confirming messages from people here saying they knew what was being paid for and probably a bit more as well.  It was just that once they started down the path they begin it seemed their course could never be corrected from it.  It was almost willfully obtuse.  Speaking with real people mattered not.  The area of staff that dealt with this kind of issue were disinclined to discuss or reason or evaluate.  It was automatons at work with no desire to be anything else.  It put my panties in a wad.
Do you think the person who put these procedures in for PayPal is the one who did it for the moco also?   :nixweiss:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Bojiboy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2007, 01:30:17 PM »

Man, I'm glad you guys stopped posting pictures. Don't get off work for four hours..... ;) :cherry:
2005 FLHRCI (sold)
Single enclosed trailer

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2007, 01:56:22 PM »

Do you think the person who put these procedures in for PayPal is the one who did it for the moco also?   :nixweiss:

Jerry, that is a scary thought.  Really consider the implications of HD's selfish and self righteous and at times almost unbelievably inane consumer and product handling methods transmitted across the entire FDIC.  I'm suddenly a little ill.

Cerdo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2007, 11:52:40 AM »

Don,

What a great friend you are. Hope all works out well, a check is in the mail today. They will be in my prayers!

Cerdo,
Hinckley, Ohio
Andy

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2007, 12:03:45 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2007, 12:06:05 PM »

Since I'm a PayPal newbie on the receiving end I was unaware that I had to go request for my funds.

Easy enough to do, just thought if others had not received funds through PayPal they may need to know that the refund notification doesn't get the funds back to the account they came out of ie: checking.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2007, 12:10:22 PM »

Talon, I believe that is a white tail dear (as opposed to a deer).

Binomial name
Odocoileus virginianus

Source:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White-tailed_deer

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2007, 12:35:29 PM »

Don,

What a great friend you are. Hope all works out well, a check is in the mail today. They will be in my prayers!

Cerdo,
Hinckley, Ohio

Thanks very much.  Once again to everyone helping out here it is very much appreciated.  They're in MN now on this first trip and she's getting through it.  I'm still keeping fingers, toes, eyes and anything else crossed that they'll see some spectacular result.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2007, 12:36:07 PM »

Since I'm a PayPal newbie on the receiving end I was unaware that I had to go request for my funds.

Easy enough to do, just thought if others had not received funds through PayPal they may need to know that the refund notification doesn't get the funds back to the account they came out of ie: checking.

Thanks Rog.  I never thought that yours might work that way.  My bad.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #95 on: November 19, 2007, 12:41:40 PM »

Thanks Rog.  I never thought that yours might work that way.  My bad.

No problem, I'm just learnin' :-\   :2vrolijk_21:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #96 on: November 19, 2007, 12:43:02 PM »

No problem, I'm just learnin' :-\

Yours was the only one that had payment inbound funded that way. It just never dawned on me that a refund wouldn't go straight home.  After seeing how zealously they tried to escrow funds when given the opportunity, however, it shouldn't be a surprise.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #97 on: November 19, 2007, 12:46:29 PM »

Yours was the only one that had payment inbound funded that way. It just never dawned on me that a refund wouldn't go straight home.  After seeing how zealously they tried to escrow funds when given the opportunity, however, it shouldn't be a surprise.

Yep, that's how I figure it too.  If they can hang onto it they just do.  Easy to get it released although I haven't checked to see if it got back yet.  They say 3-5 days to transfer to the account.  In this day and age of computers you'd think it would go automatically with a batch once a day.  Not them though.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2007, 03:18:28 PM »

Yep, that's how I figure it too.  If they can hang onto it they just do.  Easy to get it released although I haven't checked to see if it got back yet.  They say 3-5 days to transfer to the account.  In this day and age of computers you'd think it would go automatically with a batch once a day.  Not them though.

That's an amusing sidebar to all their transactions.  If you buy something the debit toward them is almost immediate.  If you pull from them to deposit your way it's "3-5 days."  It's nothing but a short term escrow accrual that has to figure prominantly in their overall ledger.

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2007, 11:40:14 AM »

Don, Received my notification from paypal last week and I apologize in that I am just getting around to sending payment via snail mail, however it will be in the mail today.  Please wish your friends a Happy Thanksgiving from everyone on this site.
 By the way, what happened over the last few days? I just went to the original thread to obtain your mailing address and there were pictures of scantily clad women everywhere! As an original paypal donor I somehow feel that you had an obligation to notify me of those pics and thus I am requesting your official  explanation, and possibly compensation (more pics?) ,  regarding  your failure to do so.  ;D jj

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2007, 11:48:43 AM »

Don, Received my notification from paypal last week and I apologize in that I am just getting around to sending payment via snail mail, however it will be in the mail today.  Please wish your friends a Happy Thanksgiving from everyone on this site.
 By the way, what happened over the last few days? I just went to the original thread to obtain your mailing address and there were pictures of scantily clad women everywhere! As an original paypal donor I somehow feel that you had an obligation to notify me of those pics and thus I am requesting your official  explanation, and possibly compensation (more pics?) ,  regarding  your failure to do so.  ;D jj

JJ, I'm sorry you missed the "illustrations" of generosity.  Fear not though. All those who donated are now on the mailing list for the CVO Swimsuit Calendar.  One problem though, every month is a picture of Naitram in drag :puke: .

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2007, 12:39:56 PM »

JJ, I'm sorry you missed the "illustrations" of generosity.  Fear not though. All those who donated are now on the mailing list for the CVO Swimsuit Calendar.  One problem though, every month is a picture of Naitram in drag :puke: .

Thanks for your immediate response to my question. In an effort to minimize costs and  to continue with the giving nature of this site, you have my permission to remove my name from your mailing list and instead forward my copy to all  moderators who have been known to dress in drag or (as rumors have it) wear a thong. Assuming you have pics of any of the preceding, have you considered the possibility that such pictures  may provide a foundation for obtaining additional contributions, should anyone be willing to utilize them  in the proper manner? jj

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2007, 01:06:45 PM »

Talon, I believe that is a white tail dear (as opposed to a deer).

Binomial name
Odocoileus virginianus

Source:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White-tailed_deer

I think we call em Split tails...

Miker

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2007, 09:30:48 PM »

Thanks for your immediate response to my question. In an effort to minimize costs and  to continue with the giving nature of this site, you have my permission to remove my name from your mailing list and instead forward my copy to all  moderators who have been known to dress in drag or (as rumors have it) wear a thong. Assuming you have pics of any of the preceding, have you considered the possibility that such pictures  may provide a foundation for obtaining additional contributions, should anyone be willing to utilize them  in the proper manner? jj

Sanity is preserved and optic nerves are protected; you are off the swimsuit calendar mailing list.  There is one hitch to the extor.... to the cajoling you suggest though.  Doing so would require at least once having viewed the materials in question to begin with.  Some things just aren't worth the trauma.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #104 on: December 14, 2007, 11:29:41 AM »

Privately there has been four of our group who have kept up to some greater or lesser degree with the Munchkin's progress here.  Going to catch everyone up to date all at once here.  My apologies for not sending several individual messages.

Unfortunately this topic has a sad postscript this morning.  The little girl passed away about 3:00 this morning.  She'd gone through most of the first month's new treatment satisfactorily.  The last week was difficult though.  From there a decline continued that finally took her this morning.

As is often the case here we played in this thread.  As we do many others.  That's ok.  She was aware of every bit of it and laughed about all of it.  Her daddy was with her this morning.  No one was alone.

Everyone do me one favor please and give someone a hug.  Preferably a kid.  I'll be gone for two or three days starting later today but between now and then I'm spending a few hours with my niece Parker.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2007, 11:33:40 AM »

That's aweful news Don.  I truly was hoping for a miracle.  I can't wait to see my 11 year old daughter after school today and give her a HUGE hug!  Thanks for the update and trying hard for a friend.....
Jim

harleydiva

« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2007, 11:34:47 AM »

Privately there has been four of our group who have kept up to some greater or lesser degree with the Munchkin's progress here.  Going to catch everyone up to date all at once here.  My apologies for not sending several individual messages.

Unfortunately this topic has a sad postscript this morning.  The little girl passed away about 3:00 this morning.  She'd gone through most of the first month's new treatment satisfactorily.  The last week was difficult though.  From there a decline continued that finally took her this morning.

As is often the case here we played in this thread.  As we do many others.  That's ok.  She was aware of every bit of it and laughed about all of it.  Her daddy was with her this morning.  No one was alone.

Everyone do me one favor please and give someone a hug.  Preferably a kid.  I'll be gone for two or three days starting later today but between now and then I'm spending a few hours with my niece Parker.

Don, so sorry to hear this news, especially at this time of year. 

I will give Terry a hug when he gets home and will give my niece and nephew, ages 4 and 10, hugs next weekend.

Enjoy your time with Parker.

Suzanne

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #107 on: December 14, 2007, 11:36:34 AM »

My condolences....

I have been saying that way too much lately.

Miker

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #108 on: December 14, 2007, 11:37:24 AM »

Don,
Sorry to hear this condolences and prayers go out to the family and friends. Thanks so much for the reminder to hug the ones we love. Sometimes the simple things in life are taken for granted we need to remember life is short and precious.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #109 on: December 14, 2007, 11:43:49 AM »

What very sad news, Don.  So glad that her Dad was there with her though.  Children are just not supposed to go like this, and it just breaks my heart to hear...I don't have any kids near by, so give Parker a hug on my behalf...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #110 on: December 14, 2007, 12:02:54 PM »

Sorry to hear this bad news Don. Christians gain some strength at times like this knowing their loved one is going to a better place. I'll keep you and her parents in my prayers.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #111 on: December 14, 2007, 12:05:14 PM »

My prayers are with her and her family.

Can't put in words how awful I fell at this loss.  At best we know she's in a better place, just a shame it ends this way.

I hope we were able to help in some small way.

Rog

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #112 on: December 14, 2007, 12:09:56 PM »

I am so sorry to hear this...I just caught this thread today. My most sincere condolences, as well as my most heartfelt prayers go out to you. I will be hugging my nephew tomorrow...
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #113 on: December 14, 2007, 12:21:54 PM »

Don,

Words can not express my heartbreak at hearing this sad news. I'm both saddened to the depths of my heart but thankful that this little angel is out of the pain and discomfort that she's had to endure. It's an inspiration to hear about her laughter and her upbeat attitude in the face of her struggle. I can not comprehend the pain that her dad will have to suffer with not only loosing her but surviving without his little munchkin. I'm grateful that he has such a wonderful friend in you to help him through this. Please give him a huge hug for me and from him to you. I know how close you were with both of them. My heart goes out to you, as well.

May this precious little one know how much she will be missed and that her memory lives on in our hearts.

cheri
I like shiny stuff!

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #114 on: December 14, 2007, 12:24:27 PM »

We are so very sorry.  Prayers for all involved.  Travel safely.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #115 on: December 14, 2007, 01:10:33 PM »

We are so very sorry.  Prayers for all involved.  Travel safely.

Ditto, sorry to hear the sad news.   :(

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #116 on: December 14, 2007, 01:27:15 PM »

Thanks to everyone.  I'm tidying up a couple of tasks before leaving a little later this afternoon and thought I'd check back in here.  All the messages public, PM, email and phone have been wonderful.  They'll also all be saved for Rob to see later when the time is right.

Parker is sitting at the notebook giggling and on the webkinz.com site playing with the webkinz critters.  She told me a moment ago that she just couldn't sit on my lap to play anymore "because we don't want to get stinky."  So, having been put properly in my place, I'm ready for the rest of the day.

Best wishes to all.  Look ahead to your families and joy of your particular holidays ahead.  Be well and see/read everyone again in just a few days.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #117 on: December 14, 2007, 02:16:45 PM »

So sorry to hear about his loss Don, what a tragic ending to such a young life. My thoughts go out the entire family.
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Binx

• Hoist's BSR
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #118 on: December 17, 2007, 10:50:54 AM »

So incredibly sorry to hear this tragic news. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends.
wut?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #119 on: December 17, 2007, 10:56:39 AM »

Thank you Binxie.  Got home late last night from the trip back and forth over the weekend.  All the good wished were transmitted to Rob and he's settling in a bit.  Doing "ok" would be an overstatement.  But he's doing as well as can be expected.  After the time they've had there's a bit of absolutely normal relief that goes along with the final passing.  The guilt for feeling that is a tough thing right now.  Everything just needs a little time. 

As for me, I'm playing with Parker this afternoon and all of tomorrow.  On Wednesday or Thursday I'm heading down to the motorsports place to pick up the little 110cc pink camo ATV she's getting for Christmas.  Set it all up, adjust the governor, hang a few accessories on it (yes, it has mods available) and do anything else I can find to do it on Saturday.  We do what we need to to feel better or at least move along.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 11:01:30 AM by Twolanerider »

Bojiboy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #120 on: December 17, 2007, 12:03:49 PM »

Don,

With two children and three grand children I can't imagine the pain Rob is going through. Family and good friends are what he needs and he certainly has plenty of good friends on this site. Please pass along our sincere condolences and that they are all in our thoughts and prayers....
2005 FLHRCI (sold)
Single enclosed trailer
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9 [All]

Page created in 0.412 seconds with 21 queries.