Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Contribution request for a friend who needs a hand  (Read 11748 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Contribution request for a friend who needs a hand
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2007, 09:08:25 PM »

The response has been wonderful.  Thanks very much to everyone as they have or are yet to consider this.  Really appreciate it :2vrolijk_21: .

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2007, 10:08:35 PM »

Don

I think you are a friend that everyone, if they're lucky, should have at least ONE of!! (especially knowing he's too proud) Sure am glad you aren't!! Thank you for reminding me to cherish the health of my kids!

Sending out love and prayers to this precious little one for fighting and beating this horrible disease! An 8 year old girl should be out punching cute little 8 y/o boys to shows she likes him and playing on swings and thinking about being a princess!!

JR!!! How bout lending your beautiful words for this little lamb?!

I like shiny stuff!

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2007, 10:54:19 PM »

Don

I think you are a friend that everyone, if they're lucky, should have at least ONE of!! (especially knowing he's too proud) Sure am glad you aren't!! Thank you for reminding me to cherish the health of my kids!

Sending out love and prayers to this precious little one for fighting and beating this horrible disease! An 8 year old girl should be out punching cute little 8 y/o boys to shows she likes him and playing on swings and thinking about being a princess!!

JR!!! How bout lending your beautiful words for this little lamb?!

Has already been taken care of....My heart is heavy for this family but this princess is already in the arms of God!

Texas Lurker

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2007, 11:07:42 PM »

Every one needs help some time in their lives & these need it now. I would be honored to help what little I can. I'll also send Prayers there way. It's been said before & I'll say it again Don these folks are so lucky to have a friend like you, buddy.             Linny

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2007, 11:23:25 PM »

Don, Thanks for being a member of this site as guys like you are what make it so special. My thoughts and prayers will be for your friend and especially for his brave little daughter. I have a 10 year old daughter who is my whole life and I have often wondered, I guess because of what I see in my business,  if I could handle something like this. People do it every day  but quite frankly I don't know if I would be man enough. I am currently handling a case for a young couple who lost their two year old daughter and the mother is unable to have any more kids, and it bothers me knowing that no matter how hard I work or what I do, I can never help them replace what they have lost. Kids are irreplaceable and thus  I know to an extent what you are personally going through. I will make a pay pal donation in a few moments, so if by some chance you don't see it shortly please pm or email me. My best to all, jj.  

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2007, 11:34:34 PM »

Don, I tried the second link you posted for paypal and it took me to email and not to paypal,  so apparently the link is still not right. However I did go to paypal.com and sent a contribution to the email address you had listed. If you don't get it please  let me know. jj

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2007, 01:26:47 AM »

ohhhhhhh, now I understand the difficulty people are having......

Sorry about that.   

To make the payment through Paypal you'll need to go there first.  That's www.paypal.com .

At Paypal you make a payment to an email address.  That's the address listed above and now shown here again: paypal@theamericanroad.us

Clicking on the email address by itself is just email.  Log on to Paypal first.  Then within Paypal send to the email address.  If someone doesn't use paypal a mailing address is also shown in the first post of this thread.

My bad.  Sorry I'd not made it clear to begin with.  Will go back and edit the initial post to clear up any confusion.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 01:46:57 AM by Twolanerider »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2007, 11:42:34 AM »

Just wanted to say thanks again to everyone for reading and considering this.  It is something that truly is a real and immediate benefit to someone that really needs it.  Personally I very much appreciate the consideration and support that several have offered.  Thanks again.

Don

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2007, 11:59:50 AM »

It's syllogism (learned it in logic).  Any friend of yours is a friend of mine.  I know the thread is tough to start and I know it must be tough for a proud family to accept help from strangers.  The Lord must be looking out for someone.  I got a surprise check in the mail yesterday and this thread today!  I'm glad to help.
Jim
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

hogasm

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2007, 12:08:03 PM »

Sent a paypal. Hope it will help out Don.

One of my guys that work for me has bladder cancer. He went through treatments once, and now he is on a free experimental program. He had to go through some hoops to get on but hopefully in the long run it will be worth it.

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2007, 12:15:03 PM »

Browsing the Board at lunch and just caught this thread.  Paypal sent...Happy to help.  Need to keep this thread bumped to the top.
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2007, 12:22:55 PM »

Honored to help.

MIker

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2007, 01:38:14 AM »

Thanks again to everyone.  I know they're spending a weekend with a grandparent right now before making the first of the treks to MN in just a few days.  The efforts here will make this a much easier and happier trip for them.  Thanks guys.

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2007, 10:20:57 AM »

Mornin ya'll!

Just wanted to, also, thank everyone for their generous and much needed donations! This site is such a wonderful place full of caring and thoughtful friends and family!

Just wanted to bump this thread to keep remind us to keep Don's friends in their thoughts and prayers as they are much needed and they deserve the power of all our love and prayers through this rough journey. Keep those healing thoughts coming!!
I like shiny stuff!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2007, 10:56:38 AM »

Mornin ya'll!

Just wanted to, also, thank everyone for their generous and much needed donations! This site is such a wonderful place full of caring and thoughtful friends and family!

Just wanted to bump this thread to keep remind us to keep Don's friends in their thoughts and prayers as they are much needed and they deserve the power of all our love and prayers through this rough journey. Keep those healing thoughts coming!!

Thanks JD.  That's very sweet.  When the gifts get brought together this will be a great surprise for them.  Thanks again everyone.  It's all appreciated very much.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 21 queries.