Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  All

Author Topic: Contribution request for a friend who needs a hand  (Read 11798 times)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Contribution request for a friend who needs a hand
« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2007, 12:03:45 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2007, 12:06:05 PM »

Since I'm a PayPal newbie on the receiving end I was unaware that I had to go request for my funds.

Easy enough to do, just thought if others had not received funds through PayPal they may need to know that the refund notification doesn't get the funds back to the account they came out of ie: checking.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2007, 12:10:22 PM »

Talon, I believe that is a white tail dear (as opposed to a deer).

Binomial name
Odocoileus virginianus

Source:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White-tailed_deer

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2007, 12:35:29 PM »

Don,

What a great friend you are. Hope all works out well, a check is in the mail today. They will be in my prayers!

Cerdo,
Hinckley, Ohio

Thanks very much.  Once again to everyone helping out here it is very much appreciated.  They're in MN now on this first trip and she's getting through it.  I'm still keeping fingers, toes, eyes and anything else crossed that they'll see some spectacular result.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2007, 12:36:07 PM »

Since I'm a PayPal newbie on the receiving end I was unaware that I had to go request for my funds.

Easy enough to do, just thought if others had not received funds through PayPal they may need to know that the refund notification doesn't get the funds back to the account they came out of ie: checking.

Thanks Rog.  I never thought that yours might work that way.  My bad.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #95 on: November 19, 2007, 12:41:40 PM »

Thanks Rog.  I never thought that yours might work that way.  My bad.

No problem, I'm just learnin' :-\   :2vrolijk_21:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #96 on: November 19, 2007, 12:43:02 PM »

No problem, I'm just learnin' :-\

Yours was the only one that had payment inbound funded that way. It just never dawned on me that a refund wouldn't go straight home.  After seeing how zealously they tried to escrow funds when given the opportunity, however, it shouldn't be a surprise.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #97 on: November 19, 2007, 12:46:29 PM »

Yours was the only one that had payment inbound funded that way. It just never dawned on me that a refund wouldn't go straight home.  After seeing how zealously they tried to escrow funds when given the opportunity, however, it shouldn't be a surprise.

Yep, that's how I figure it too.  If they can hang onto it they just do.  Easy to get it released although I haven't checked to see if it got back yet.  They say 3-5 days to transfer to the account.  In this day and age of computers you'd think it would go automatically with a batch once a day.  Not them though.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2007, 03:18:28 PM »

Yep, that's how I figure it too.  If they can hang onto it they just do.  Easy to get it released although I haven't checked to see if it got back yet.  They say 3-5 days to transfer to the account.  In this day and age of computers you'd think it would go automatically with a batch once a day.  Not them though.

That's an amusing sidebar to all their transactions.  If you buy something the debit toward them is almost immediate.  If you pull from them to deposit your way it's "3-5 days."  It's nothing but a short term escrow accrual that has to figure prominantly in their overall ledger.

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2007, 11:40:14 AM »

Don, Received my notification from paypal last week and I apologize in that I am just getting around to sending payment via snail mail, however it will be in the mail today.  Please wish your friends a Happy Thanksgiving from everyone on this site.
 By the way, what happened over the last few days? I just went to the original thread to obtain your mailing address and there were pictures of scantily clad women everywhere! As an original paypal donor I somehow feel that you had an obligation to notify me of those pics and thus I am requesting your official  explanation, and possibly compensation (more pics?) ,  regarding  your failure to do so.  ;D jj

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2007, 11:48:43 AM »

Don, Received my notification from paypal last week and I apologize in that I am just getting around to sending payment via snail mail, however it will be in the mail today.  Please wish your friends a Happy Thanksgiving from everyone on this site.
 By the way, what happened over the last few days? I just went to the original thread to obtain your mailing address and there were pictures of scantily clad women everywhere! As an original paypal donor I somehow feel that you had an obligation to notify me of those pics and thus I am requesting your official  explanation, and possibly compensation (more pics?) ,  regarding  your failure to do so.  ;D jj

JJ, I'm sorry you missed the "illustrations" of generosity.  Fear not though. All those who donated are now on the mailing list for the CVO Swimsuit Calendar.  One problem though, every month is a picture of Naitram in drag :puke: .

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2007, 12:39:56 PM »

JJ, I'm sorry you missed the "illustrations" of generosity.  Fear not though. All those who donated are now on the mailing list for the CVO Swimsuit Calendar.  One problem though, every month is a picture of Naitram in drag :puke: .

Thanks for your immediate response to my question. In an effort to minimize costs and  to continue with the giving nature of this site, you have my permission to remove my name from your mailing list and instead forward my copy to all  moderators who have been known to dress in drag or (as rumors have it) wear a thong. Assuming you have pics of any of the preceding, have you considered the possibility that such pictures  may provide a foundation for obtaining additional contributions, should anyone be willing to utilize them  in the proper manner? jj

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2007, 01:06:45 PM »

Talon, I believe that is a white tail dear (as opposed to a deer).

Binomial name
Odocoileus virginianus

Source:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White-tailed_deer

I think we call em Split tails...

Miker

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2007, 09:30:48 PM »

Thanks for your immediate response to my question. In an effort to minimize costs and  to continue with the giving nature of this site, you have my permission to remove my name from your mailing list and instead forward my copy to all  moderators who have been known to dress in drag or (as rumors have it) wear a thong. Assuming you have pics of any of the preceding, have you considered the possibility that such pictures  may provide a foundation for obtaining additional contributions, should anyone be willing to utilize them  in the proper manner? jj

Sanity is preserved and optic nerves are protected; you are off the swimsuit calendar mailing list.  There is one hitch to the extor.... to the cajoling you suggest though.  Doing so would require at least once having viewed the materials in question to begin with.  Some things just aren't worth the trauma.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #104 on: December 14, 2007, 11:29:41 AM »

Privately there has been four of our group who have kept up to some greater or lesser degree with the Munchkin's progress here.  Going to catch everyone up to date all at once here.  My apologies for not sending several individual messages.

Unfortunately this topic has a sad postscript this morning.  The little girl passed away about 3:00 this morning.  She'd gone through most of the first month's new treatment satisfactorily.  The last week was difficult though.  From there a decline continued that finally took her this morning.

As is often the case here we played in this thread.  As we do many others.  That's ok.  She was aware of every bit of it and laughed about all of it.  Her daddy was with her this morning.  No one was alone.

Everyone do me one favor please and give someone a hug.  Preferably a kid.  I'll be gone for two or three days starting later today but between now and then I'm spending a few hours with my niece Parker.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 22 queries.