Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wisdom From Ronald Reagan  (Read 550 times)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Wisdom From Ronald Reagan
« on: February 20, 2008, 09:38:13 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:

"Here's my  strategy on the Cold War:   We win, they lose." 
  -  Ronald Reagan

"The most  terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the  government and I'm here to help."
  -  Ronald Reagan

"Of the four  wars in my lifetime, none came about because the U.S. was too  strong."
  -  Ronald Reagan

"I have  wondered at times about what the Ten Commandments would have  looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S.  Congress."
  -  Ronald Reagan

"The  taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but  doesn't have to take the civil service examination." 
  -  Ronald Reagan

"Government is  like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end  and no sense of responsibility at the other." 
  -  Ronald Reagan

"The nearest  thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a  government program."
  -  Ronald Reagan

"I've laid down  the law, though, to everyone from now on about anything that  happens: no matter what time it is, wake me, even if it's in the middle   of a Cabinet meeting."
  -  Ronald Reagan

"It has been  said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned  that it bears a striking resemblance to the first." 
  -  Ronald Reagan

"Government's  view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If  it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops  moving, subsidize it."
  -  Ronald Reagan

"Politics is  not a bad profession. If you succeed, there are many rewards; if  you disgrace yourself, you can always write a book." 
  -  Ronald Reagan

"No arsenal, or  no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the  will and moral courage of free men and women." 
  -  Ronald Reagan

"If we ever  forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation  gone under." 
  -  Ronald Reagan

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: Wisdom From Ronald Reagan
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 09:54:45 PM »

Ronald Reagan had a clear vision and spoke in simplistic terms.  He made the country proud to be Americans.  He made it clear who the good guys were and who the bad guys were.  And the bad guys knew enough not to challenge the good guys.

Today's politicians speak rhetoric - not vision.  You can listen to today's politicians speak all day, and still not understand their vision.  Ronald Reagan was a leader.

And that is the most political commentary you will ever get out of me...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.