Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 72

Author Topic: Gas price!!!!!!!! OUCH.  (Read 64810 times)

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
Re: Gas price!!!!!!!! OUCH.
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2008, 10:02:59 PM »

I filled the bike up on the reservation Monday at $3.30/gal for 93 octane.  The total taxes in this area are just over $1.00/gal but the savings are only about 25-30 cents by going to the reservation.  That's a nice margin on gas for the natives (and I'm all for it!).  I was paying $200/month for gas in my car last year.  Now I have a company car.  Thank goodness.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2008, 12:25:35 AM »

I,m doing the speed limit in my 3 gas gusselers 95% of the time... WOW never thought I,d say that  also doing speed limit 50% of the time on my bikes.....If gas doesn,t go down i,ll have to buy a pre ish  and  supercharge it to get my kicks----AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2008, 02:21:09 AM »

You guys don't know you're born! The only consolation I have is that my holiday in the USA should only cost me about $650.00 for the 7,000 planned miles.

and yes LRebel I paid $10.73 per gallon for Diesel yesterday.

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2008, 06:11:58 AM »

I bought a Nissan Murano in 2003 and could not quite put a full $20 in the tank.  Last year traded that Murano in on a 2007 version.  Put $62 in the tank yesterday. The tanks is the same size.  I got a speeding ticket about a month ago and between that and the price of gas, I'm doing like Andy, goin about speed limit. 

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2008, 07:09:19 AM »

Filled up the SEUC this morning before coming into work.  Prem. Unleaded was $3.60.  Put in just under 4 gals and it cost me $14.00.  :-\  Filled up the diesel a couple of days ago at $3.89/gal...first time I ever broke the century mark ($109) to fill any vehicle of mine.  The times, they are a changin'. :'(

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2008, 07:38:01 AM »

our preacher just bought a 883 sporty. he was spending over $300 month in his dodge dooley.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2008, 08:02:12 AM »

Just on the news a few minutes ago.  In Sacramento gas has hit an all time record high an average of $3.74 a gallon! :o
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2008, 09:06:10 AM »

Cheapest gas in town @ Costco - $3.22.  Cheapest diesel @ Murphy - $3.91.

Lots & lots & lots of oil waiting to be drilled in the USA - untapped off the coasts of California & Florida.  Lots & lots of oil all over untapped that cannot be tapped (political reasons only) because it's in places like ANWAR.  At some point it will be, when price pressure becomes a force on political pressure.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2008, 09:25:14 AM »

The station down the street from us wants $4.55 per gallon for diesel!  :nixweiss:

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2008, 09:45:31 AM »

Cheapest gas in town @ Costco - $3.22.  Cheapest diesel @ Murphy - $3.91.

Lots & lots & lots of oil waiting to be drilled in the USA - untapped off the coasts of California & Florida.  Lots & lots of oil all over untapped that cannot be tapped (political reasons only) because it's in places like ANWAR.  At some point it will be, when price pressure becomes a force on political pressure.

my son works in the oil fields of louisiana. they are constantly putting the rigs on hold, as there is a lag between finding storage, and refining. seems we are running our refineries at capacity and the storage batteries have to deplete before they can drill more oil.  he will go from 80 to 100 hr work weeks (drilling)to 40 hrs a week (washing and greasing the parked rigs) on a regular basis. add the fact that he has moved jobs several times over the last couple years just trying to keep steady work. lots of drilling companies have rigs that stand idle for months!!! to rectify the problem in the US, we need more refineries.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2008, 09:52:13 AM »

my son works in the oil fields of louisiana. they are constantly putting the rigs on hold, as there is a lag between finding storage, and refining. seems we are running our refineries at capacity and the storage batteries have to deplete before they can drill more oil.  he will go from 80 to 100 hr work weeks (drilling)to 40 hrs a week (washing and greasing the parked rigs) on a regular basis. add the fact that he has moved jobs several times over the last couple years just trying to keep steady work. lots of drilling companies have rigs that stand idle for months!!! to rectify the problem in the US, we need more refineries.

Agreed.  Know several folks in the same boat as your son. Try to build a new refinery & see what happens.  Every enviro-nut on the continent goes ballistic when we pursue VIABLE energy sources (petrochemicals, nuclear) instead of whatever they think is politically correct at the moment - solar, wind, wave energy, & other non solutions.  So no new refineries get built because of perceived "damage to the environment" ( enviro-code for anti-biz, anti-capitalism).  At some point common sense might prevail, but with politicians involved, low expectations are best until a tipping point occurs.  Then it will be fun to watch.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2008, 10:03:43 AM »

I wish I could get a gallon of Acme Pale Ale for $4!!!!

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2008, 10:06:10 AM »

I wish I could get a gallon of Acme Pale Ale for $4!!!!

Or Evian spring water!
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2008, 11:44:03 AM »

Dont even want to tell you what it cost me to fill up my 08 F350 diesal. Love the scooter!!!!!!
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2008, 11:50:04 AM »

I piped in $120 into my diesel last week...On the bike this week!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 72

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 21 queries.