Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Travelin Man  (Read 10719 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: Travelin Man
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2008, 09:38:38 AM »

2lane suggested it in the "Where's naitram" thread ... I think it will become an annual event

And such a flattering likeness  :D

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2008, 12:22:47 PM »

Got into Memphis about 4:30

Loving every minute of your trip Brian.  Would have been outstanding to get to watch as you and Elvis saw each other again.  Glad others were there to enjoy it with you.  Hope you're having a great time.  If MJ finds a little car in his driveway and Elvis missing after you're gone we'll all understand what happened.

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2008, 07:22:19 PM »

Any word from B B lately. :nixweiss:
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2008, 07:55:07 PM »

Any word from B B lately. :nixweiss:

Him and "Q" are out riding today!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2008, 09:00:12 PM »

Him and "Q" are out riding today!

i though Q only had one bike...who is riding bsr? ;D
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2008, 09:01:15 PM »

:worthless:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2008, 09:37:30 PM »

I was wrong! :sauer019: :sauer019: :sauer019: :sauer019:

See this thread,

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=25014.msg405868#msg405868

post 66 I believe!

Will do Chip. He's riding my SERK tomorrow weather looks good. Q

I figured "Q" would be riding also.

But maybe not.

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2008, 03:41:09 PM »

Well I'm at my Mom's finally. 3,500 miles, 8 days, 3 visits with the best people in the world (CVOHarley people of course) , three day-rides on 4 different motorcycles, some BBQ, some fine steak and some lubstah, Maker's, brewski's - - - I gotta tell you the hardest part was stopping.

Sooooooooo, picking up the tale from when I arrived in Memphis, MJZ, JR, ultrafxr, HogBreath and myself rode around the countryside outside of Memphis, into Mississippi in heat and humidity enough to melt LBS's tigers into butter but I seemed the only one affected. Mark and Jerry had on jackets for criminy's sake. But ridin ole Elvis is worth the price and a great day was had. Tried to chase after HogBreath when he lit up that new 120, but ole E's no match for the big motor ( although I did get it up to about 112) Went downtown Memphis for some world famous BBQ and a good time was had. Before turning in for the night, brother JR said a special prayer over me for which I am very grateful as the words touched my heart and hopefully the Great Biker in the sky was listening too. Many many thanks to all the Memphis folks and especially Mark for putting me up. You guys are true southern gentlemen.

Next stop was the plantation country of Virginia. After a 13 hr drive from Memphis to Colonial Heights, Mr & Mrs We welcomed me with big hugs, a cool drink and a tempurpedic mattress. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, slept like a rock until about 0730 the next day. Up and showered and downstairs to one of Candy's famous smoothies. Be nice to her and maybe you'll have one. On to another day's ride. In spite of having a gorgeous 95th anniversary RK in the garage, Jamey insisted I take his B&B SEEG. 1st thing that happened is while I was adjusting the mirrors on exiting the driveway. Mrs We rocketed off down the road all but out of sight. Note to visitors to the We household, keep an eye on that girl or she'll dust your sorry a$$es. But Jamey's bike is a runner and catching her was as simple as asking those 575 cams to do their business. Also, much to my pleasure, despite being several inches shorter than me in overall height, Jamey has the same inseam as me, so the pegs and everything were just right. Anyway, off we rode to Surrey where we met Hogasm and Blue Felix. Now that's what I call value added. I thought my face would crack from the smiles seeing these two put on me. Thanks to both of you for riding nearly 6 hours round trip just to say hello and spend a few hours. Anyway, from Surrey we rode the ferry across Chessapeak Bay and on to Yorktown where we imbibed and enjoyed the local fare ( Crabcakes what else ? ) Nice ride through some beautiful and historic scenery and back to We house for a fine steak dinner. Another night on the tempurpedic and off to see my bro Q

10 years have passed since I last dealt with the eastern seaboard and the I-95 corridor. Don't anyone ever complain to me about California traffic. 95 is one long city that starts in Richmond and ends in Portland Maine. AND, to add insult to injury is the damn tolls. From the We's house to my Mom's totaled just shy of $40 in tribute to the toll highway pirates. But I digress

After much abuse from the traffic, I arrived at the Q-sters house. Here's another tip to any of you single guys. Marry a nice Italian girl. JQ's wife should be cloned and copies sold for lots and lots of dinero. We'll leave it at that. Had a nice dinner followed by some beer and Maker's around JQ's new fire pit and then sleep. Next morning we met up with some of the Q man's friends, one of who had two bikes so JQ being the bro he is gave me his to ride and jumped aboard an 07 UC. I have to tell you ladies and gentlemen, it's a toss-up on the best SERK in the entire known universe between Elvis and brother Q's 02 Purple beauty. Both have to be seen in person to be believerd. Anyway, after some meet and great, Q , myself and three of his local bros were off on a birthday's adventure, here and there ending up at the Rhode Island seashore and then home to JQ's for lubstah followed by the most delicious dessert I ever tasted. L& R Bro !

Up early and off up I-95 arriving at my Mom's house here in Maine at 1000.

To sum it up, there's not enough I can say to say thank you to everyone who shared their homes, their bikes and best of all their friendships with me. I hope what I've written here conveys to all of you reading it that we have something truly special in the people who share their lives on this website and of course in real space.

Vaya con Dios Amigos y Amigas
                                            B B

« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 04:39:21 PM by SPIDERMAN »

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2008, 03:52:04 PM »

sure drive right by me and dont even stop and say hello  :oops: hope to catch up with you while you here in new england
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2008, 04:49:16 PM »

sure drive right by me and dont even stop and say hello  :oops: hope to catch up with you while you here in new england

There's always the return trip Neal, but I have to tell you, in spite of having the best time, I am beat up pretty badly from the riding. I doubt LD will ever see the open range again unless some surgeon is able to work a miracle on my back. Several times during the adventures described below, I had my right leg go so numb, I couldn't feel the brake pedal and had to manuever with front brakes only. LD might be going up for sale upon return to Dago with a new to me SERK  (maybe an 02 Candy Crimson with a reworked motor ? ) taking it's place since my limit seems to be no more than 1 hr at any one time in the saddle. My days of sea to shining sea are all too sadly done and gone. As someone once said, never put off till tomorrow what you can do today as tomorrow may never come. I am eternally grateful that I did as many cross country rides as I have in the past 10 years so that with those dreams fufilled, I will not be sad to move into another phase of my life.

B B
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 06:12:41 PM by SPIDERMAN »

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2008, 05:04:08 PM »

doesnt have to be on 2 wheels to share some  :drink:
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2008, 08:16:10 PM »

Well I'm at my Mom's finally. 3,500 miles, 8 days, 3 visits with the best people in the world

Brian, thanks again for sharing the road stories.  It's been great to read and follow along.  Sorry not all the riding was as comfortable as it could be but the rides themselves sounded spectacular. 

Enjoy the summer break at home.  Already looking forward to your trip back to Dago too.  Don't forget, if you're able to make it through here on your way west there's two bikes and a spare room in Joplin too. 

Enjoy the time.

Don

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2008, 08:44:28 PM »

Well I said it once and I will say it again you need to head do west and stop be Washington where we can find a ride for you and would love to show off north west hospitality. Think about it less heat great scenery what more could you want.
You are more than welcome!
BIGDOG
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2008, 09:06:48 AM »

BB,

It was so great seeing you again! We wouldn't have missed it for the world, especially since you were so close to us. We had a great time with you and Candy. Colonial Parkway is such a beautiful ride and having great weather and great friends to ride with just makes it even better. I wish Jamey could have joined us.

So glad to hear that you had a good time with Q and that you made it up to your Mom's safely.  I know the whole trip took alot out of ya. Hopefully now you can get some rest and hang out for a little while, at least until MV.

Kathy

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2008, 09:15:09 AM »

Great report BB.

Sounds like you had a real blast with your family and your CVO Bro's.

Sorry to hear of your back problems. Let's hope the boys with the blades can think of something to help you out.

and I agree Q's bike is a beaut.

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 21 queries.