Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Travelin Man  (Read 10766 times)

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
Re: Travelin Man
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2008, 08:17:51 PM »

HY  B B where are you now . Hope all is going well , check in. :)

Brian, what's the latest and greatest?  :nixweiss:  :nixweiss:
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2008, 08:08:56 AM »

Brian, what's the latest and greatest?  :nixweiss:  :nixweiss:

He had to send his company lap top back to the MAN.  Check ins will be sparse....   :vrolijk_11:
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2008, 08:25:06 AM »

Talked to Brian about an hour ago.  Said he was sitting outside, having a bagel getting ready for another day of a good trip.  No easy access to the Internet at or close to his Mom's place so he said to let everyone know that it's been a great time at home so far.  Lots of family issues taken care and a wonderful time reconnecting with his mom.

The back is still bothering him but, aside from that, the Big Man seems real happy with the time in Maine.  Not a long time now before he starts heading west again.  So anyone fortunate enough to be on his planned trip home has good times in their near future.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2008, 05:51:03 PM »

Thanks for the update Don. Is he stil planning on MV :nixweiss:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2008, 06:33:58 PM »

Thanks for the report Don. Hope the big guy has a safe and pleasant trip back this direction.  :2vrolijk_21:

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2008, 07:15:31 PM »

Thanks for the update Don. Is he stil planning on MV :nixweiss:

It didn't come up.  But my assumption would be not.  That's based solely on Brian's mentioning a tentative time frame for heading back toward SoCal starting perhaps a couple weeks from now.

Please don't take this as definitive though.  We were just shooting the breeze again.  Having too much fun to talk about anything important like schedules.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2008, 06:58:17 AM »

Yo Brothers and Sisters
                               Sitting in a Mikey D's using their Wi-Fi. Raining buckets for about the 30th day since I got here. Spent the day at the estate on the lake yesterday with a friend who helped clean up after all the vultures who had been through and begged, "borrowed" bought or stole many many things. My personal favorite is the individual who claims to have borrowed my Dad's 1K generator and now says it was stolen from him. Yeah, I know I should call the cops, but I have neither the time nor the inclination to deal with a bunch of petty theives. Still however, the property and buildings are there and will stay in the family for generations to come. We are having a family gathering tomorrow, rain or shine (what shine) I have slain all of the dragons who wished to fleece my Mom and she is now in full control of her affairs and only myself and my sister in law have any legal standing. I hired some in home care for her and contracted for a remodel of her bathroom for handicap access and several other issues which will make her life easier. My Mom's health is quite good and although she gets frustrated with her limited mobility, she is happy and content and so glad for the work I have done helping her regain control of her life.
    With the family gathering this weekend, I will begin to hire some tradespeople to do repairs and upgrades long put off at the estate on Sebago Lake.
       All of my doctors have submitted paperwork supporting early retirement due to physical issues so I will be retired by the end of the year. Lots of things to decide, but I am fairly sure I will have lapband surgery to get enough weight off so I can have the decompressive laminectomy I need to relive the pain from my spinal stenosis. As to how I feel, I am basically getting along. I have to almost be in constant motion shifting from sitting, standing, walking, lying down etc as no one position is comfortable for any length of time. Sleeping is the most difficult. I generally get a few hours at night and a nap in the afternoon. For those concerned, my intake of prescription pain killers is still at the same level as it has been which is to say very low. I don't need drug problems with all of the other issues going on at this time.
   Got invited to a MMMC Anniversay party in Farmington NH at the club's new 22 acre compound. Impressive. I see I taught them well as to how to make a non profit organization profitable. No desire to rejoin but it was still nice to see some of my old bros and the ladies.
    It looks like I will return to SUNNY SoCal soon after Labor Day and will not make Maggie Valley (this year) I have to begin another round of exams and paperwork for retirement beginning the 18th of September and have to be at home by then. I have not as yet mapped out a route for my return trip. So many of you have offered a place to stay and a days respite from the road and if I take everyone up on their offers, my route to Dago will look like one of Bill's (WFP) road trips. The trip east however was magnificent and charged my batteries for the mental strain of what I needed to accomplish once here. Again, my deepest thanks to my hosts on that leg of my journey.
    I will log in again a few more times before heading back west

Ride safe and as always

Vaya Con Dios Amigos y Amigas
                                            B B

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2008, 07:18:52 AM »

1) DAMN, no BB at Maggie Valley
 :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
2)  BB, glad your going to get better soon.
Good luck on that!
3)  Good luck on the retirement!
Somebody needs to keep those FXR guys straight.
4)  Nancy and I will miss seeing you in the Valley!

Be safe!

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2008, 09:14:32 AM »

good to hear things are on the right track for your mom, get back to dago and take care of your health. look forward to crossing paths again. depending when you pass through MA. lets meet up
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2008, 09:17:45 AM »

Stay well BB.

"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon."
 ~Doug Larson

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2008, 09:39:23 AM »

BB Glad to hear that some things are going your way......  I know taking care of MOM is the most important thing on the list.....
Jo Ann and I wish you clear skies and pain free days and if you do get this way you know that we will leave a light on for you.  :2vrolijk_21:

~bubba~
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2008, 04:07:16 PM »

BB,
Good to hear things are working out for your Mom and you were able to help her. Take of yourself and do what you need to do to get better. Sorry to hear you aren't going to be at MV.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2008, 04:51:46 PM »

B B best wishes to you and sorry that we wont see ya in MV.  :(

Dave
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2008, 09:39:15 PM »

B.B.,
Nice talking with you this evening and thanks for the update. Glad to hear the family stuff is falling into place and that your company seems to be headed in the right direction as far as taking care of your potential retirement.
Damn shame about the weather, it's great here in sunny CA  :huepfenjump3: As an old uncle of mine says, when it rains on your life go out and look for some night crawlers (worms) for bait and then go fishing!!  :soapbox:

Be well and keep us posted when you can.

:drink:
Joe

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2008, 06:26:47 AM »

What a fantastic update, so positive and fraught with wonderful opportunities.  Great news about your Mom being able to be stabilized and stay in her home for some time.  We talked about my husband's Grandmother needing to be hospitalized this spring, and then never able to return home, ever again.  She keeps asking but she is just not mobile enough to navigate simple life chores.  Hope your Mom keeps staying in her home as long as it makes her happy and she is comfortable.  Securing the family retreat estate from the vultures is a paramount accomplishment.  For years and years to come, I hope your family gets to enjoy it.  We've seen the family estates fall out of the family over the years, and is is such a shame.  Everyone understands how it happens.  Some ONE must step up and secure everything.  When it becomes nothing but a chore and an expense and there is no reward for it, the estates fall out of favor.  I hope your family puts reunions on the calendars each year so everyone can remember what it is worth.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.328 seconds with 22 queries.