Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10  All

Author Topic: Boiled peanuts  (Read 13375 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Boiled peanuts
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2008, 06:28:15 PM »

Ya know, Chuck & I were just talking about how people never read the posts above what they're reading.

& speaking of my redneck friend Ken, where has he been?

Ken's a damn BUSY redneck! ::)

And I never seen him eating, or even heard him talk about eating friggin boiled peanuts! WTH boils peanuts? But I guess he could be weird like the rest of youze! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Sean M Cary

« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2008, 07:56:53 PM »

Ken's a damn BUSY redneck! ::)

And I never seen him eating, or even heard him talk about eating friggin boiled peanuts! WTH boils peanuts? But I guess he could be weird like the rest of youze! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

You have never had a boiled peanut?  Are you serious? 

Remember the U-Pick strawberry place we used as a landmark to steer you onto 9 and then 31 past MB?  That farm place has really good boiled peanuts...if I had only known!  Would have made Good Howie stop you and enjoy an amazing treat!

Sean

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2008, 08:03:41 PM »

You have never had a boiled peanut?  Are you serious? 

Remember the U-Pick strawberry place we used as a landmark to steer you onto 9 and then 31 past MB?  That farm place has really good boiled peanuts...if I had only known!  Would have made Good Howie stop you and enjoy an amazing treat!

Sean

Do they have to be fresh or can they be shipped? I'll try anything...................................................once! ;D

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Sean M Cary

« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2008, 08:06:05 PM »

Do they have to be fresh or can they be shipped? I'll try anything...................................................once! ;D

Hoist! 8)

they are best hot...my opinion, but right out of the water.

When is Good Howie getting his Traxxion done?  Sounds like a road trip!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2008, 08:11:00 PM »

they are best hot...my opinion, but right out of the water.

When is Good Howie getting his Traxxion done?  Sounds like a road trip!

Not sure, but it looks like I'll be trying boiled peanuts when we head back down for MV'08! ;)

Hoist! 8)

pado

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: Longhorn
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2008, 09:18:07 PM »

I can't believe I missed this. I could have told you my secret: ice!. Yup, ice. After you take them off the heat, dump ice into the pot. It makes the peanuts absorb the salt more! Yummy! And this is coming from a Yankee!

AJ

You have to have patience when salting peanuts.  It's like smoking a piece of meat, sex on the beach, a fine bottle of wine.  The slower the better when cooling.  Most of us can't wait.  I didn't know you knew anything about peanuts.
Founding Member and Zen Master of Pondering, Hankering and Moseying Society with all accolades and privileges

Charter Member of CVO Critter Gawking Society

Master Bloody Mary Mixologist

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2008, 09:22:14 PM »

AJ

You have to have patience when salting peanuts.  It's like smoking a piece of meat, sex on the beach, a fine bottle of wine.  The slower the better when cooling.  Most of us can't wait.  I didn't know you knew anything about peanuts.

Does smoking a piece of meat and sex on the beach related?

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2008, 09:23:06 PM »

AJ

Shhhh, don't tell anyone. I think it's funny the Hoist! thinks he's going to find boiled p-nuts up in the mountains of North Carolina. He doesn't realize it's a Southern thing!

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2008, 09:24:14 PM »

Does smoking a piece of meat and sex on the beach related?

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Hey, while you're smokin your meat on the beach... did you get my email?

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2008, 09:28:10 PM »

Hey, while you're smokin your meat on the beach... did you get my email?

I did.

No attachments!

Do we need to get Linda to send it!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Sean M Cary

« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2008, 09:40:48 PM »

Ya know, Chuck & I were just talking about how people never read the posts above what they're reading.

& speaking of my redneck friend Ken, where has he been?

It was a joke - as in, oh never mind...

(and actually I read the posts bottom up - and hit all and read up, and was in this thread from about post 2...)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 09:23:20 AM by Florida Marine »

Spike

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 vrscse-sold
    • CVO2: 07 flhrse
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2008, 09:19:55 AM »

I really doubt anywhere in MV is going to have Boiled Peanuts, but Howie you have a decent shot at getting some Cracklin' (Pork Skins) out of the trip

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2008, 09:22:31 AM »

Oooo cracklins n hot sauce.  A power food!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2008, 09:27:23 AM »

A couple of times have tried boiled peanuts in a can.  Yuck.  Yuck.  Awful, just plain awful.  But the folks that brought the can of wet soggy goobers seemed to like 'em ok that way & slurped 'em up like snails without a shell.  Yuck.  Do not recommend the canned variety.

Just in case there is a shelf or 2 of these slick goobers in the heart of NYC  :nixweiss:  wanted to warn you away from them Howie.

Now what probably will follow this post will be other posts extolling the virtues of cans of boiled peanuts, by brand preference.  Yuck!
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Sean M Cary

« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2008, 09:33:46 AM »

A couple of times have tried boiled peanuts in a can.  Yuck.  Yuck.  Awful, just plain awful.  But the folks that brought the can of wet soggy goobers seemed to like 'em ok that way & slurped 'em up like snails without a shell.  Yuck.  Do not recommend the canned variety.

Just in case there is a shelf or 2 of these slick goobers in the heart of NYC  :nixweiss:  wanted to warn you away from them Howie.

Now what probably will follow this post will be other posts extolling the virtues of cans of boiled peanuts, by brand preference.  Yuck!

where do you get raw peanuts??  Wife was asking me last night to ask you all...closest place for us in the SC border.

Sean
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.734 seconds with 22 queries.