Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10  All

Author Topic: Boiled peanuts  (Read 13366 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Boiled peanuts
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2008, 09:36:18 AM »

A couple of times have tried boiled peanuts in a can.  Yuck.  Yuck.  Awful, just plain awful.  But the folks that brought the can of wet soggy goobers seemed to like 'em ok that way & slurped 'em up like snails without a shell.  Yuck.  Do not recommend the canned variety.

Just in case there is a shelf or 2 of these slick goobers in the heart of NYC  :nixweiss:  wanted to warn you away from them Howie.

Now what probably will follow this post will be other posts extolling the virtues of cans of boiled peanuts, by brand preference.  Yuck!

Thanks Mike, like canned vs fresh with anything I guess! ;)

I really doubt anywhere in MV is going to have Boiled Peanuts, but Howie you have a decent shot at getting some Cracklin' (Pork Skins) out of the trip

Oooo cracklins n hot sauce.  A power food!

I guess we can get some BP's on the way down then? If it's a southern thing, why not in NC? And what's with the Cracklin' Pork Skins? Sounds good! WTF have I been? :confused5: ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2008, 09:39:41 AM »

you guys are gonna laugh. im a redneck and live in the peanut capital of the world. (google dothan alabama)

would someone tell me how its done? boiled peanut instructions?

there are about 200 acres of em behind me and are free! my wife says she loves em.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2008, 09:40:16 AM »

Oooo cracklins n hot sauce.  A power food!

This was my breakfast in SC on the way to FLA back in March.  You don't have to be a red neck to like spicy pig skin!

Never had boiled peanuts.  I always assumed, like most yankees, that dry roasted was the only way to serve them.  I've seen signs for boiled peanuts in the south but thought the folks that bought them took them home to finish the roasting.  WTH do I know?
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2008, 09:40:26 AM »

We gots a coupla kinds down here...The regular american cracklins or cuban style chiccarones...mmmm, how bad can deep fried fat back be for ya!  

The Colombian chiccarone looks like a side of bacon cut about 2 inches thick sliced across the grain and then deep fried...Chewy and yummy...Find a colombian place up there, they'll have it...

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2008, 09:40:44 AM »

where do you get raw peanuts??  Wife was asking me last night to ask you all...closest place for us in the SC border.

Sean

"Sitting by the roadside on a summer day, Chatting with my messmates, passing time away,
Lying in the shadow underneath the trees, Goodness how delicious, eating goober peas!
Peas! Peas! Peas! Peas! Eating goober peas! Goodness how delicious, eating goober peas"

Sean, We can get green peanuts (raw) in the grocery store (produce section) or sometimes at local produce markets.  Not sure how close this guy is to you: http://www.boilednut.com/  Suggest checking with a large local produce stand & if they don't have them, bet they could direct you to one that does. 

Mike
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Spike

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 vrscse-sold
    • CVO2: 07 flhrse
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2008, 09:42:07 AM »

Sean,
        SC may be your closest place because peanuts need a drier climate to grow in Unless you get lucky and see a local vendor on the side of the road selling fresh veggies and stuff thst might have some.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2008, 09:45:12 AM »

you guys are gonna laugh. im a redneck and live in the peanut capital of the world. (google dothan alabama)

would someone tell me how its done? boiled peanut instructions?

there are about 200 acres of em behind me and are free! my wife says she loves em.

You ever go to the Dothan Peanut Festival?

Here's a link:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/low-country-boiled-peanuts-recipe2/index.html?rsrc=like

To cool 'em down quicker, add ice or cold water.   Better to just let 'em soak.

You can add a variety of pepper or hot sauce or all kinds of stuff to them. 
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 09:48:32 AM by iski »
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Spike

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 vrscse-sold
    • CVO2: 07 flhrse
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2008, 09:51:57 AM »

All of this is making me hungry. Time for a road trip to pick up some peanuts. Nothing better than boiled peanuts, cracklin, and a COLD Beer. I can feel my artires clogging now.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2008, 11:10:53 AM »

We gots a coupla kinds down here...The regular american cracklins or cuban style chiccarones...mmmm, how bad can deep fried fat back be for ya!  

The Colombian chiccarone looks like a side of bacon cut about 2 inches thick sliced across the grain and then deep fried...Chewy and yummy...Find a colombian place up there, they'll have it...

you been to El Cafe on Calle Ocho?

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2008, 11:21:49 AM »

I don't know and I have not been down in a few months...We were going up and back a bit to UM med when Schmoops 1st got diagonsed with the MS.

I remember the Versaille, which struck me as funny name but it is more spanish...tripe n garlic and other entrails served up!

Sean M Cary

« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2008, 11:23:39 AM »

I don't know and I have not been down in a few months...We were going up and back a bit to UM med when Schmoops 1st got diagonsed with the MS.

I remember the Versaille, which struck me as funny name but it is more spanish...tripe n garlic and other entrails served up!

Worth a stop - as is La Luna if they are still around.  The Padron store is a must also for the Padronites amongst us.  They have some special smokes that are only sold there, good CHIT!

Muley

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLTRUSE Red
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 Black
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2008, 11:33:02 AM »

Shhhh, don't tell anyone. I think it's funny the Hoist! thinks he's going to find boiled p-nuts up in the mountains of North Carolina. He doesn't realize it's a Southern thing!

AJ,

Apparently Hoist doesn't realize theres a fine but definite line between rednecks and hillbillies. You won't find a lot of boiled peanuts around the mountains but we can certainly hook him up with a fatback biscuit or maybe a livermush biscuit (my personal favorite).

Muley

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2008, 11:40:20 AM »

Worth a stop - as is La Luna if they are still around.  The Padron store is a must also for the Padronites amongst us.  They have some special smokes that are only sold there, good CHIT!

The dummies closed the Padron store for thr RTDA show and I did not get my #1 Maddy's in yet.  I am going to DelRay and hit my other stash up.

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2008, 02:30:39 PM »

Hoist, You CAN buy boiled peanuts in MV.  When you leave MV going to Cherokee there's an old store on the right just out of MV that sells um.  Not near as good as what I make, but OK.

If someone trailering to MV in September will bring a cooker and LARGE pot (not cast iron), I'll bring the green peanuts.  Nothing better with cold beer than hot boiled peanuts.  Pretty good with Makers Mark also!
 :2vrolijk_21:

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2008, 03:03:15 PM »

Hoist, You CAN buy boiled peanuts in MV.  When you leave MV going to Cherokee there's an old store on the right just out of MV that sells um.  Not near as good as what I make, but OK.

If someone trailering to MV in September will bring a cooker and LARGE pot (not cast iron), I'll bring the green peanuts.  Nothing better with cold beer than hot boiled peanuts.  Pretty good with Makers Mark also!
 :2vrolijk_21:

Cool Tommy, I hope a trailer guy is watching and also likes em too. Your way sounds like a great way to try em! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 22 queries.