Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10  All

Author Topic: Boiled peanuts  (Read 13378 times)

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Boiled peanuts
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2008, 05:23:59 PM »

You ever go to the Dothan Peanut Festival?

Here's a link:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/low-country-boiled-peanuts-recipe2/index.html?rsrc=like

To cool 'em down quicker, add ice or cold water.   Better to just let 'em soak.

You can add a variety of pepper or hot sauce or all kinds of stuff to them. 

no, and doubt i will. i like to stay in the country. peanut festival is like a state fair. i was looking for someone to teach me how to cook em----all i have to do is walk 100 ft and pull all i want for free.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2008, 05:37:07 PM »

no, and doubt i will. i like to stay in the country. peanut festival is like a state fair. i was looking for someone to teach me how to cook em----all i have to do is walk 100 ft and pull all i want for free.

• Get a big Pot
  • Put in 2 or 3 pounds of peanuts
  • Add enough water to cover the nuts
  • Start with a cup of salt and add more if it's not salty enough for your tastes.
  • Bring them up to a gentle boil and let them go for about 6 to 12 hours. If they're not wet and soft inside, yep, just like that, boil them some more.

Like building Howie's motor, it ain't rocket science, but it shouldn't take you three times to get it right either.  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:indian_chief:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2008, 06:29:27 PM »

• Get a big Pot
  • Put in 2 or 3 pounds of peanuts
  • Add enough water to cover the nuts
  • Start with a cup of salt and add more if it's not salty enough for your tastes.
  • Bring them up to a gentle boil and let them go for about 6 to 12 hours. If they're not wet and soft inside, yep, just like that, boil them some more.

Like building Howie's motor, it ain't rocket science, but it shouldn't take you three times to get it right either.  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Ok, this is just becoming cruel & almost unusual.   ;D :huepfenlol2: ;D  But funny.....  There may be a rare double secret EBCM number somewhere that you have just qualified for. 
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2008, 06:39:39 PM »

Ok, this is just becoming cruel & almost unusual.   ;D :huepfenlol2: ;D  But funny.....  There may be a rare double secret EBCM number somewhere that you have just qualified for. 

Yea, I kmnow it was mean, but it was just hanging out there and I just got me a piece of it.

Sorry Howie, I'm weak and couldn't fight off the voices.  :(

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2008, 06:41:45 PM »

Yea, I kmnow it was mean, but it was just hanging out there and I just got me a piece of it.

Mean?  I haven't stopped laughing about that one yet?   Possibly this means I am socially maladjusted?   :nixweiss:

No, I'm not, my voices told me I am perfectly normal.  Whew!   ;)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2008, 06:42:23 PM »

Those voices were screaming Axtell, Axtell.
Not axe Howie!

But I understand the weak moments, I have a few!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2008, 07:05:28 PM »

It's OK Chuck, just watchin it develop. Got a decent swing at it for ya, I think! ;)

Remember, he who laughs last, laughs hardest! ;D ;D ;D

Mighta been 3 times, but 2 of em were by HD!!! You guys are still going that route, if I'd noticed correctly in these other threads. And them Service Bulletins gave me all the confidence in the world in the MoCo to come to youze guys rescue! Mighta been 3 times, but only once to get it right. OK, shame on me for counting on HD, twice. At least I'm done! But WTH is ya'lls excuse! :o :P :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Who called my BSR a crack whore? >:( ??? :D :D :D ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2008, 09:07:36 PM »

All you guys have to talk about is eating goobers?

WTH! Is it too hot to ride?

And Howie, you generally gotta git down to alafriggingbama or Georgia to get boiled peanuts. Those boys down there don't know the civil war is over yet. I'm damn near a yankee to them. Kentucky was neutral during the war. Kentuckians were the type that would smile, offer you a drink, and help you across the river, Rebel or Yankee, then steal your horse and boots after you were drunk on our moonshine.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2008, 09:25:33 PM »

And Howie, you generally gotta git down to alafriggingbama or Georgia to get boiled peanuts. Those boys down there don't know the civil war is over yet. I'm damn near a yankee to them. Kentucky was neutral during the war. Kentuckians were the type that would smile, offer you a drink, and help you across the river, Rebel or Yankee, then steal your horse and boots after you were drunk on our moonshine.
I knew my bags were a little lighter after I left ya'll  ;)

Spike

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 vrscse-sold
    • CVO2: 07 flhrse
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2008, 11:46:50 PM »

Well I've got most of my family in South Georgia with lots of farm land and peanuts, got some shine here, but you mean to tell me the war  is over?...WTH
                                                         :drink:

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2008, 02:01:05 AM »

AJ,

Apparently Hoist doesn't realize theres a fine but definite line between rednecks and hillbillies. You won't find a lot of boiled peanuts around the mountains but we can certainly hook him up with a fatback biscuit or maybe a livermush biscuit (my personal favorite).

Muley

Joel, they just don't know the difference.  ;D After living here awhile I find it funny how people refer to "the Carolina's". It's night and day. You've got your toothless wonders in both states but that's 'bout it. Upthar is hillbillies in dem mountains and down here are's the rednecks (& the Gullah folk).

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2008, 02:02:53 AM »

Mean?  I haven't stopped laughing about that one yet?   Possibly this means I am socially maladjusted?   :nixweiss:

No, I'm not, my voices told me I am perfectly normal.  Whew!   ;)

I've been out working all day. When Chuck called & told me about this thread I just started laughing.  ;D Now that I'm reading it I can't stop laughing!  :D

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2008, 05:39:18 AM »

I knew my bags were a little lighter after I left ya'll  ;)

And the next time you stay here, I'm checking your pockets for silverware before you leave! ;D
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2008, 09:13:48 AM »

thanks chief. gotcha -------more salt = more beer!

some liberal starting rumors again? the war is over---------HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2008, 10:29:20 AM »

I've been out working all day. When Chuck called & told me about this thread I just started laughing.  ;D Now that I'm reading it I can't stop laughing!  :D

AJ -

Since I am so damn broke still having so much fun adding stuff to the 07, my interest in the 09's is only as a curiosity.  Don't know enough about them yet to start poking at the engineering flaws in them noticing any problems they probably have, so find myself posting about BOILING PEANUTS on this forum. 

Learned why my stuff goes missing when I ride through Kentucky, finally, thanks to Ken.  Already ride with a guy who is wanted in TN so he detours around that state.  Now we will need to detour around Kentucky also, unless we pack crap in our saddlebags we are planning to throw away & the folks in KY are kind enough to "steal" it from us.  ;D

And what's the "Gullah folk?"   :nixweiss:

Mike
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 22 queries.