Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  All

Author Topic: Boiled peanuts  (Read 13384 times)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: Boiled peanuts
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2008, 11:36:30 AM »

AJ -

Since I am so damn broke still having so much fun adding stuff to the 07, my interest in the 09's is only as a curiosity.  Don't know enough about them yet to start poking at the engineering flaws in them noticing any problems they probably have, so find myself posting about BOILING PEANUTS on this forum. 

Learned why my stuff goes missing when I ride through Kentucky, finally, thanks to Ken.  Already ride with a guy who is wanted in TN so he detours around that state.  Now we will need to detour around Kentucky also, unless we pack crap in our saddlebags we are planning to throw away & the folks in KY are kind enough to "steal" it from us.  ;D

And what's the "Gullah folk?"   :nixweiss:

Mike

Mike, in TN & KY you have those hillbillies Muley was talking about. Ever notice how the TV show Cops is always "filmed on location" there?

The Gullah folk (no disrespect intended) refers to a culture of people here in the South of freed slaves. They live predominantly here on the sea islands. Just a little morning education.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2008, 01:37:39 PM »

You ever go to the Dothan Peanut Festival?

Here's a link:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/low-country-boiled-peanuts-recipe2/index.html?rsrc=like

To cool 'em down quicker, add ice or cold water.   Better to just let 'em soak.

You can add a variety of pepper or hot sauce or all kinds of stuff to them. 

Used to live in Enterprise Al. Been to the peanut festival and got a big hot bag of bolled peanuts first thing they were cooking em up in a big kettle. Great with beer yummmmm. Word to wise do not buy them out of a fridge in a convenience store where I got my first ones. Yuk. Fresh and hot is the best.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2008, 01:41:52 PM »

Mike, in TN & KY you have those hillbillies Muley was talking about. Ever notice how the TV show Cops is always "filmed on location" there?

The Gullah folk (no disrespect intended) refers to a culture of people here in the South of freed slaves. They live predominantly here on the sea islands. Just a little morning education.

AJ,

Noticed that COPS is filmed there.  And its filmed in Florida in some trailer parks & around the Dallas area too.  Hillbillies/rednecks are all over.  Even in some parts of yankeeland.  ;D

Thanks for the info on the Gullah - never knew what that referred to.  Seminoles in Florida were in part freed slaves as well, if I remember correctly.

Mike
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2008, 01:42:46 PM »

Used to live in Enterprise Al. Been to the peanut festival and got a big hot bag of bolled peanuts first thing they were cooking em up in a big kettle. Great with beer yummmmm. Word to wise do not buy them out of a fridge in a convenience store where I got my first ones. Yuk. Fresh and hot is the best.

Never been but heard it's fun.  Don't like the refrigerated ones either.  Fresh is best!

Sean M Cary

« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2008, 01:42:59 PM »

AJ,

Noticed that COPS is filmed there.  And its filmed in Florida in some trailer parks & around the Dallas area too.  Hillbillies/rednecks are all over.  Even in some parts of yankeeland.  ;D

Thanks for the info on the Gullah - never knew what that referred to.  Seminoles in Florida were in part freed slaves as well, if I remember correctly.

Mike

Man, I thought Cops was filmed in West Palm Beach most of the time - seems to be Palm Beach County every one I've seen.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2008, 02:07:38 PM »

I know they are bringin in some big ol boys in here, they unfold out of the cruisers..
One of must gone 6-8 and 3+bills easy, square shapped body n head....

He'd still get called occifer by me, bad habbit and lots of them miss it, ol Jimmy Buffet reference back to my drinking days.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2008, 03:17:51 PM »

Man, I thought Cops was filmed in West Palm Beach most of the time - seems to be Palm Beach County every one I've seen.

Area outside of Orlando is very fertile ground for COPS.  Wonder if I bought some land & developed it as "Crack Ho Trailer Emporium" if it would go over good?  Manager would be subject to  temptation to collect skin rent instead of $$.

Square Grouper - in JB song?

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #97 on: August 01, 2008, 05:38:21 PM »

Area outside of Orlando is very fertile ground for COPS.  Wonder if I bought some land & developed it as "Crack Ho Trailer Emporium" if it would go over good?  Manager would be subject to  temptation to collect skin rent instead of $$.

Square Grouper - in JB song?

We always get a kick out of the number of segments of the police video shows that are on I-75 in Lowndes county, GA. That's the first county over the state line from FL. Talk about a drug pipeline.

:indian_chief:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #98 on: August 01, 2008, 05:53:14 PM »

We always get a kick out of the number of segments of the police video shows that are on I-75 in Lowndes county, GA. That's the first county over the state line from FL. Talk about a drug pipeline.

We always look for our cousins, nephews, nieces, too!

Mike ;D

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #99 on: August 01, 2008, 05:55:23 PM »

We always look for our cousins, nephews, nieces, too!

Mike ;D

There does tend to be a direct correlation between getting arrested on TV and not wearing a shirt.

I always wear a shirt in South Georgia so I won't get arrested and wind up on TV in cuffs.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2008, 06:04:18 PM »

There does tend to be a direct correlation between getting arrested on TV and not wearing a shirt.

I always wear a shirt in South Georgia so I won't get arrested and wind up on TV in cuffs.

Good idea, as long as it's not a white wife beater undershirt.  Noticed years ago the tv cop show/guy in white undershirt getting arrested correlation.  Rarely watched them, but when I did, some guy in a dirty white undershirt was getting cuffed.

Mike

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2008, 06:29:59 PM »

folks in georgia take drugs???////    i thought they were born that way??????????????????

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2008, 06:50:26 PM »

Most folks that now live in Georgia are transplants from some other state so that's debatable!!  There's hillbillies in every state and I was surprised to find that there are more rednecks in Maryland, Northern VA, and PA than in the South!  One neighbor had a club membership complete with a golf-cart with a rebel flag painted on top!  Cracked me up! 
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #103 on: August 01, 2008, 06:52:19 PM »

There are actually towns in Upstate NY that makes Deliverance look Urbanite!!! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #104 on: August 01, 2008, 06:53:26 PM »

And if you want to hear something really funny, and completely unrelated, you should have heard my 5-year-old just walk in and start singing Bob Seger, "...come to Poppa, come to your Poppa."  I think I need to go change CD's or something!  How am I gonna explain that to his teacher????
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  All

Page created in 0.246 seconds with 22 queries.