Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9 [All]

Author Topic: Thicker skin..Outspoken or Quiet  (Read 8347 times)

vagabond6542

Thicker skin..Outspoken or Quiet
« on: September 08, 2008, 07:15:55 PM »

Yo,
I have been reading a lot of threads lately, and come to this conclusion;
1)There are people who think that displaying animosities and barbs are clear winners.
2)There are people who think that the quiet ones are insignificant thin skinned losers.

I think I know why Terry left the forum earlier. He was too intelligent for most of the "Family" of our group and was easily offended.  Not necessarily thinned skinned, but could see the situation from "out of the box" thinking. I don't handle a candle to the level of his education, but I can see what he see that goes with this forum.

We all go to the Gatherings to welcome each other as "friends", but how true is that really.
I've seen more barbaric behavior in this forum than I may have seen in my entire life. And I didn't have a easy life. Long story. But yet, we have to accept one another because we ride a Harley or the other "H".
So to start this "stirring of the pot", I have a very important question.

Do we have to go back in our evolution and behave as our cave dwelling fore fathers, to be accepted by one another?

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: Thicker skin..Outspoken or Quiet
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 07:36:07 PM »

Yo,
1)There are people who think that displaying animosities and barbs are clear winners.
2)There are people who think that the quiet ones are insignificant thin skinned losers.

I think I know why Terry left the forum earlier. He was too intelligent for most of the "Family" of our group and was easily offended.  Not necessarily thinned skinned, but could see the situation from "out of the box" thinking. I don't handle a candle to the level of his education, but I can see what he see that goes with this forum.

We all go to the Gatherings to welcome each other as "friends", but how true is that really.
I've seen more barbaric behavior in this forum than I may have seen in my entire life. And I didn't have a easy life. Long story. But yet, we have to accept one another because we ride a Harley or the other "H".

Do we have to go back in our evolution and behave as our cave dwelling fore fathers, to be accepted by one another?

Vags,
unfortunately, the only thing I can say to you starting this thread is:   :beatdeadhorse:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

vagabond6542

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 09:24:40 PM »

Vags,
unfortunately, the only thing I can say to you starting this thread is:   :beatdeadhorse:

Red,
Sometimes the :beatdeadhorse: has to be revived.  Thanks for the response.  You are no doubt above average.

Vags

Any one else wish to comment? Looks to be another division here. Which is average or above average?  Where is Outspoken or Quiet fall in?

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 09:33:51 PM »

George I think it is the nature of the beast!!!!!

We all have our good and bad days. Unfortunately it is easy to have a bad day in front of the key board!!!!!

be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

vagabond6542

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 09:53:21 PM »

George I think it is the nature of the beast!!!!!

We all have our good and bad days. Unfortunately it is easy to have a bad day in front of the key board!!!!!

be Safe

THE DAWG

DC,

You would have to add another parameter to the mix, good or bad. But your response was appreciated. Another above average.

George
So now is it good or bad to be Outspoken or Quiet that would put an individual in the average or above average? And I am not referring to Thick skin.

Too bad I don't know the poll setup.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 10:02:54 PM »

:zthread: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :confused5: Wut? ???

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 10:03:55 PM »

DC,

You would have to add another parameter to the mix, good or bad. But your response was appreciated. Another above average.

George
So now is it good or bad to be Outspoken or Quiet that would put an individual in the average or above average? And I am not referring to Thick skin.

Too bad I don't know the poll setup.

Another possiblity may be the free choice to ignore the words knowing from whence they came.

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 10:39:49 PM »

Forget it, Donny, you're out of your element!

You are out of your element
Donny

« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 10:45:25 PM by FLHTCUSE3 »
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 10:46:29 PM »

Yo,

I beg to differ, sir.  I, for one, question your statement of intelligence being based on education.  Education does not make one smart.  I'm just an Ol' Country Boy with NO education, but I'll match witts with anyone here, on any subject.  If by some fluke I was to get jammed up, I would call on 2Lane, or BLM777, for information.  As for your comment of having seen more "barbaric behavior" on this Site than you have seen in your entire life reflects a life sheltered from reality, such as Bar-Room Brawls, Union busting, and Hell-Raising in general, which would be a life akin to a life lived by Ray Charles, in my view.  I don't envy you, nor do I miss TC.  His loss, as far as I'm concerned.  I've enjoyed my time here on this GREAT SITE, in every way, and will continue to do so as long as I live and breathe.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 10:48:52 PM by HUBBARD »
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 10:50:21 PM »

Vags,

there is an understatement......................

medication....once prescribed the regiment should be followed

« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 10:54:03 PM by FLHTCUSE3 »
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 10:56:14 PM »

I'm still trying to figure out what happened to TC.

HUBBARD, you've always had my respect.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 10:58:07 PM »

I beg to differ, sir.  I, for one, question your statement of intelligence being based on education.  Education does not make one smart.  I'm just an Ol' Country Boy with NO education, but I'll match witts with anyone here, on any subject.  If by some fluke I was to get jammed up, I would call on 2Lane, or BLM777, for information.  As for your comment of having seen more "barbaric behavior" on this Site than you have seen in your entire life reflects a life sheltered from reality, such as Bar-Room Brawls, Union busting, and Hell-Raising in general, which would be a life akin to a life lived by Ray Charles, in my view.  I don't envy you, nor do I miss TC.  His loss, as far as I'm concerned.  I've enjoyed my time here on this GREAT SITE, in every way, and will continue to do so as long as I live and breathe.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD

Thank you HUBBARD - from an uneducated quiet sort who doesn't feel the need to debate with these folks - I too would defer to TwoLane for extreme knowledge when required.
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 10:59:47 PM »

I'm still trying to figure out what happened to TC.

HUBBARD, you've always had my respect.

HeHe!!! He's back! ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 11:01:09 PM »

HeHe!!! He's back! ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

Hey, I've only been gone a week.  8)  ;D

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2008, 11:05:17 PM »

Hey, I've only been gone a week.  8)  ;D

HeHe!!! Not you! TC's back! He was gone, now he's back, and that's that! ;)

Hoist! 8)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2008, 11:10:55 PM »

Vags,

Charlie

I agree completely!

George

If intelligence is how you judge a mans value then you have really missed the boat.
To be blunt I don't give a chit as to your level of intelligence because when I see and talk with you, I see and talk with the good man that George is.
I see the George that I look forward to riding with again.

On the Terry subject,
As far as Terry goes I also see a very intelligent man that knew how to dish it out but was or is to smart to understand that if you dish it out you better learn how to take it.
Like Hubbard said, for whatever reason Terry took his ball and went home. That was Terry's choice not mine.
What Terry never saw was how he offended me and many others with his constant political attacks on anyone or anything that didn't see things as he did. This is a motorcycle forum that Naitram has allowed us to venture in to other areas of interest including politics. I'm sure as chit am not here to discuss politics but after over and over of listening and reading, I do get tired of people that I respect being called scumbags and garbage. I think anyone would after a while. 
For the record I absolutely enjoyed riding with Terry and Suzanne. I enjoyed the time we spent with them at the GTG's. I have enjoyed his info on the work he did on his bike.

Naitram has created a great place but more than that he has also allowed all of us to be who we are.
This place is a lot like church.
Church CVOharley.com is a place where 10% of the members have probably 90% of the post.
This is also like church where as we all grow and get to know each other,  we start to know more about each other than we really want to or need to.
I have been fortunate to have made a lot friends here George and expect after Maggie Valley to have many more.
I'm not sure where your going with all the cave men BS and what your point is there but I do look forward to seeing and riding with you soon.
But don't ask me to talk about politics because I may not like your views and or you may not like mine and what the HELL has that got to do with riding a curvy road in the North Georgia and Carolina mountains anyway?

So George, I do think your beating a dead horse here, so lets meet somewhere and do some riding and let someone else with no life figure out the politics!

S
  /
    B
      /
        B

Well I see there have been ten post since I started typing my post.
Should be an interesting read!

:2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 11:15:17 PM by Silver-Black »

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

vagabond6542

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 09:07:26 AM »

Now there is barbaric. Sorry Hubbard you are average. Now good or bad, you display bad.  You have a thick skin.
When you want to compare lives lived, PM me. I think I can make your head swim. Like I said long story. Not a good one.

Sorry__George

vagabond6542

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 09:13:04 AM »

Another possibility may be the free choice to ignore the words knowing from whence they came.

There is a another possibility, make like an ostrich with its head in the sand, what is not seen is reality.
Capo, I can apprciated your good comment. I'd say you were above average. :2vrolijk_21:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 09:13:11 AM »

What about us braying jack asses?? You have hurt my feeling....I think...

Some are easy to get thier panties in a wad, some are self appointed experts, some really really think that
thier opionion matters too...Those are the funniest ones... to me anyway, I'm just saying, not for nuthin.

vagabond6542

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2008, 09:25:40 AM »

Some are easy to get thier panties in a wad, some are self appointed experts, some really really think that
thier opionion matters too...Those are the funniest ones... to me anyway, I'm just saying, not for nuthin.

Miker,
Having gotten to know you at the last CHL GTG, braying jack asses...NOT.  So don't feel hurt.
I'd say good, above average,and definitely outspoken.  :2vrolijk_21:

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 09:27:55 AM »

There is a another possibility, make like an ostrich with its head in the sand, what is not seen is reality.
Capo, I can apprciated your good comment. I'd say you were above average. :2vrolijk_21:

Not sure what this thread is all about.  Why are you rating folks :nixweiss:  Average..Above Average??  I guess I just do not take this stuff as seriously as I should.  I am too concerned with raising two kids and trying to create a strong family bond in my house.

I guess that makes me below average :2vrolijk_21:  BTW, you may want to read your posts before you submit them to check for grammatical errors.

Let's get back to some threads on bikes and babes, and other barbaric topics that I can relate to! :D
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

pado

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: Longhorn
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2008, 09:34:28 AM »

Has anyone got a watch for AJ ??

Let's eat some boiled peanuts.
Founding Member and Zen Master of Pondering, Hankering and Moseying Society with all accolades and privileges

Charter Member of CVO Critter Gawking Society

Master Bloody Mary Mixologist

comfortablynumb

• Senior CVO Member
  • u can chek out any time u like,but ucan nver leave

• CVO1: 2008 SEUC3 SuperTrapp SE slip ons SE Stage 1 A/C SE Super Tuner Kury LED Brake & Turn Kury Zombie Shift Linkage & Cover Clearview 9.5 recurve Tru Track
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2008, 09:34:46 AM »

I have enjoyed every minute of reading youse guys except for this.If we went brain dead and came to 6 months from now and walked back into this thread and saw some of the things that have been said, I think alot of people would be cringing and sorry for what may have been lost because of a few words. I don't know anyone here except through this site, but I can already sense regret and sadness.You can feel it in the posts.This is a great,feel-good site with great people. the only thing I will say is that I don't think ANYONE is that far above anyone else especially to the point of judging them and name calling.In the old days we could have a good knock down and then share beers and try to laugh about it. I'm buying-(probably a bad idea)There's enough crap in this world without trying to wipe it at the expense of each other.

Doug

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2008, 09:36:42 AM »

I like boiled pnuts, spicey ones....

vagabond6542

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2008, 09:39:39 AM »

I have enjoyed every minute of reading youse guys except for this.If we went brain dead and came to 6 months from now and walked back into this thread and saw some of the things that have been said, I think alot of people would be cringing and sorry for what may have been lost because of a few words. I don't know anyone here except through this site, but I can already sense regret and sadness.You can feel it in the posts.This is a great,feel-good site with great people. the only thing I will say is that I don't think ANYONE is that far above anyone else especially to the point of judging them and name calling.In the old days we could have a good knock down and then share beers and try to laugh about it. I'm buying-(probably a bad idea)There's enough crap in this world without trying to wipe it at the expense of each other.

Doug

comfortablynumb you can think "out of the box".  Thank you. :2vrolijk_21:

vagabond6542

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2008, 09:41:27 AM »

Not sure what this thread is all about.  Why are you rating folks :nixweiss:  Average..Above Average??  I guess I just do not take this stuff as seriously as I should.  I am too concerned with raising two kids and trying to create a strong family bond in my house.

I guess that makes me below average :2vrolijk_21:  BTW, you may want to read your posts before you submit them to check for grammatical errors.

Let's get back to some threads on bikes and babes, and other barbaric topics that I can relate to! :D

I would have to blame the "Smell Checker" for the errors. :2vrolijk_21:

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2008, 09:46:30 AM »

This is a motorcycle forum that Naitram has allowed us to venture in to other areas of interest including politics. I'm sure as chit am not here to discuss politics but after over and over of listening and reading, I do get tired of people that I respect being called scumbags and garbage. I think anyone would after a while. 

Yes it is a motorcycle forum.  Thank you for reminding us.

Back in the spring I was getting to the point where I would not come to this site because I was tired of everyone trashing the 110 bikes/engines.  Now we seem to spend a majority of the time trashing each other.  All things being equal, I wish everyone would go back to trashing bikes.   :(

pado

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2008, 09:49:21 AM »

Anyone got a watch for AJ ?
Founding Member and Zen Master of Pondering, Hankering and Moseying Society with all accolades and privileges

vagabond6542

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2008, 10:04:43 AM »

Charlie

I agree completely!

George

If intelligence is how you judge a mans value then you have really missed the boat.
To be blunt I don't give a chit as to your level of intelligence because when I see and talk with you, I see and talk with the good man that George is.
I see the George that I look forward to riding with again.

On the Terry subject,
As far as Terry goes I also see a very intelligent man that knew how to dish it out but was or is to smart to understand that if you dish it out you better learn how to take it.
Like Hubbard said, for whatever reason Terry took his ball and went home. That was Terry's choice not mine.
What Terry never saw was how he offended me and many others with his constant political attacks on anyone or anything that didn't see things as he did. This is a motorcycle forum that Naitram has allowed us to venture in to other areas of interest including politics. I'm sure as chit am not here to discuss politics but after over and over of listening and reading, I do get tired of people that I respect being called scumbags and garbage. I think anyone would after a while. 
For the record I absolutely enjoyed riding with Terry and Suzanne. I enjoyed the time we spent with them at the GTG's. I have enjoyed his info on the work he did on his bike.

Naitram has created a great place but more than that he has also allowed all of us to be who we are.
This place is a lot like church.
Church CVOharley.com is a place where 10% of the members have probably 90% of the post.
This is also like church where as we all grow and get to know each other,  we start to know more about each other than we really want to or need to.
I have been fortunate to have made a lot friends here George and expect after Maggie Valley to have many more.
I'm not sure where your going with all the cave men BS and what your point is there but I do look forward to seeing and riding with you soon.
But don't ask me to talk about politics because I may not like your views and or you may not like mine and what the HELL has that got to do with riding a curvy road in the North Georgia and Carolina mountains anyway?

So George, I do think your beating a dead horse here, so lets meet somewhere and do some riding and let someone else with no life figure out the politics!

S
  /
    B
      /
        B

Well I see there have been ten post since I started typing my post.
Should be an interesting read!

:2vrolijk_21:

S
  /
    B
      /
        B

Darn Chip, you make things hard to answer!
I guess the best way is to define Average and Above Average.
Average, the best way to explain it is to look around your surroundings. Are you in step or out of step to them. I'm not including weird in this explanation. Are you modeling your life to the average perception of what is expected of you?  Intelligence is only a small factor in the equation, there are a lot of other factors involved.

Above Average, take the above explanation and place it in a box. That explanation would be the parameters of the box.   To be Above Average is someone who can see beyond the "box".  Again I reiterate, intelligence is a small factor.

In personality make up, Like will attract like personalities.  But we are all different. The acceptance factor modifies the rough edges between personalities, thereby everyone gets along.

PS....I would ride with you any day also.  

vagabond6542

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2008, 10:10:06 AM »

Back in the spring I was getting to the point where I would not come to this site because I was tired of everyone trashing the 110 bikes/engines.  Now we seem to spend a majority of the time trashing each other.  All things being equal, I wish everyone would go back to trashing bikes.   :(

Good perception, Ghost Rider. :2vrolijk_21:

pado

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2008, 10:15:46 AM »

S
  /
    B
      /
        B

Average, the best way to explain it is to look around your surroundings. Are you in step or out of step to them. I'm not including weird in this explanation. Are you modeling your life to the average perception of what is expected of you?  Intelligence is only a small factor in the equation, there are a lot of other factors involved.

Above Average, take the above explanation and place it in a box. That explanation would be the parameters of the box.   To be Above Average is someone who can see beyond the "box".  Again I reiterate, intelligence is a small factor.

In personality make up, Like will attract like personalities.  But we are all different. The acceptance factor modifies the rough edges between personalities, thereby everyone gets along.

How did you get so smart.  That was good !!!

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2008, 10:24:08 AM »

I heard somewhere that apathy can cure lots of things but I don't really care anyway.

vagabond6542

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2008, 10:26:28 AM »

How did you get so smart.  That was good !!!

Lived in the "School of Hard knocks" too long. 66 years...to date.
But I liked your "twist" of logic. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

vagabond6542

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2008, 10:27:47 AM »

I heard somewhere that apathy can cure lots of things but I don't really care anyway.

:ROFLOL: :2vrolijk_21:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2008, 10:44:32 AM »

Now there is barbaric. Sorry Hubbard you are average. Now good or bad, you display bad.  You have a thick skin.
When you want to compare lives lived, PM me. I think I can make your head swim. Like I said long story. Not a good one.

Sorry__George

Now George.

You don't even know the man and your judging him.
What or who gave you that right?
I know the man and as rough as his edges appear to be at times I don't know of a finer man that I have had the privilege to meet from this website. You are wrong! I have been to the edge with Carl Lee Hubbard and we both survived. But since this is your thread and I have yet to figure out what your really trying to accomplish I will not waste my time reading your opinion of who is right or who is wrong. Because when it's done and over it's still just your opinion.

I think we all could spend our time more productively discussing motorcycles and AJ getting a new watch!
Who thinks AJ needs a Screaming Eagle watch?  (thanks Pado)
One that doesn't leak!

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2008, 10:47:38 AM »

Now George.

I know the man and as rough as his edges appear to be at times I don't know of a finer man that I have had the privilege to meet from this website. You are wrong! I have been to the edge with Carl Lee Hubbard and we both survived. But since this is your thread and I have yet to figure out what your really trying to accomplish I will not waste my time reading your opinion of who is right or who is wrong. Because when it's done and over it's still just your opinion.

I think we all could spend our time more productively discussing motorcycles and AJ getting a new watch!
Who thinks AJ needs a Screaming Eagle watch?   (thanks Pado)
One that doesn't leak!

Hell I do. As a matter of fact you may look kinda spiffy with one of your own!!!!!! :orange: :orange: :orange:

Be Safe

THE DAWGi
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2008, 10:51:34 AM »

Hell I do. As a matter of fact you may look kinda spiffy with one of your own!!!!!! :orange: :orange: :orange:

Be Safe

THE DAWGi

DAWGi  (is that like doggy?)

AJ is the man, if anyone gets one he has to get the first!

Being # 2 is not a bad place to be as long as da man has his!

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

RedFXR2

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2008, 11:28:16 AM »

Yo,
1)There are people who think that displaying animosities and barbs are clear winners.  True.
2)There are people who think that the quiet ones are insignificant thin skinned losers.  True

The two parties in the US have done their jobs well.  At least as evidenced on this board.  Good thing there is no volume control on our ballots.

A difference in opinion or life history make one either a heroic patriot or un-american.
Or an enlightened progressive or an ignorant redneck.

Must be one or the other.  No room for seeing both sides, even if one favors you.  That makes one a wet noodle flip flopper.  Certainly no room for considering a public policy that recognizes both sides of an issue.

No room for objectivity, either.  I found that out first hand right here.

IMO, They're both (parties) making fools out of the electorate.  Unbelievable spin all the way to downright lies, and folks drink it in.  They will each do/say anything to gain/keep power. Obama and McCain are each only hubcaps on the two cars.   Their personalities are being used as marketing tools.  Nobody's got time to do any of their own research, but they have all kinds of time to blast each other on internet posting boards, based on party propaganda..

IMO, People need to be thinking about the positives/negatives of the party platforms as they impact them, not what the candidates say or look like.  The parties created the candidates.  The candidates work for the parties.

Our parties are themselves "special interest groups".  They are each made up of many smaller "special Interest groups".  This is very different from having the interests of most of the nation at heart.

And, I have to say (with sarcasm) all internet e-mails and websites are absolutely true, valid and worth repeating. ::)  Can't possibly be created for political reasons.

I'll say this about intelligence.  Until we as voters wise up and see through/beyond the two parties, we'll continue to get only what they choose to feed us.  We can either keep throwing rocks at each other, or demand better in the types of people who we allow to make our most important decisions for us.

A "politician" in the workplace refers to someone who got where they are not because of knowledge, skill or ability, but because of who they know, or maybe are related to.  It's a derogatory term.  Yet, these are the same personalities who we encourage to enter public service.  The whole system is really amazing to me.

We should all be insulted, but for much greater reasons. 

pado

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2008, 11:35:41 AM »

The two parties in the US have done their jobs well.  At least as evidenced on this board.  Good thing there is no volume control on our ballots.

A difference in opinion or life history make one either a heroic patriot or un-american.

Must be one or the other.  No room for seeing both sides, even if one favors you.  That makes one a wet noodle flip flopper.  Certainly no room for considering a public policy that recognizes both sides of an issue.

IMO, They're both (parties) making fools out of the electorate.  Unbelievable spin all the way to downright lies, and folks drink it in.  They will each do/say anything to gain/keep power. Obama and McCain are each only hubcaps on the two cars.   Their personalities are being used as marketing tools.  Nobody's got time to do any of their own research, but they have all kinds of time to blast each other on internet posting boards, based on party propaganda..

IMO, People need to be thinking about the positives/negatives of the party platforms as they impact them, not what the candidates say or look like.  The parties created the candidates.  The candidates work for the parties.

Our parties are themselves "special interest groups".  They are each made up of many smaller "special Interest groups".  This is very different from having the interests of most of the nation at heart.

And, I have to say (with sarcasm) all internet e-mails and websites are absolutely true, valid and worth repeating. ::)  Can't possibly be created for political reasons.

I'll say this about intelligence.  Until we as voters wise up and see through/beyond the two parties, we'll continue to get only what they choose to feed us.  We can either keep throwing rocks at each other, or demand better in the types of people who we allow to make our most important decisions for us.

A "politician" in the workplace refers to someone who got where they are not because of knowledge, skill or ability, but because of who they know, or maybe are related to.  It's a derogatory term.  Yet, these are the same personalities who we encourage to enter public service.  The whole system is really amazing to me.

DAMN !!  Well said.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2008, 11:39:00 AM »

ditto...

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2008, 11:43:55 AM »

So, do I get the watch with the HD logo or do I wait and try to find one with a Screamin Eagle on it?

pado

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2008, 11:47:42 AM »

We'll put a wristband on one of the coins that we're gonna get and let you wear that.

pado

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2008, 11:49:35 AM »

It'll have no hands or numbers so you'll never be late.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2008, 12:11:13 PM »

So, do I get the watch with the HD logo or do I wait and try to find one with a Screamin Eagle on it?

???

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2008, 12:47:48 PM »

Well, I view intelligence as being able to listen to other people's viewpoints without losing either your own, or your temper.  That being the touchstone, the full spectrum is represented here as in most places.   As for getting into debates on things, often there isn't a point.  If someone starts ragging on a sensitive subject in any venue not just here and I don't reply to them it's not that I necessarily agree with them, or that I am too weak to debate them on it.  It comes down to this.  Is anything I am likely to say going to change your mind on this?  I know that nothing you say will change mine, so why even start to waste each other's time? 
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2008, 12:48:57 PM »

RedFXR2

« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2008, 12:52:48 PM »

pado

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2008, 12:55:44 PM »

Boiled peanuts anyone ??

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2008, 12:59:43 PM »

No I want cheesy poofs!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2008, 01:08:35 PM »

Good one, Don. ;D

Yeah.... sometimes the best thing to say is... well.... not-so-much.

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2008, 01:09:12 PM »

Sorry....no Cheesy Poof's, but I've got a sock just about ripe enough.....

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2008, 01:15:17 PM »

S
  /
    B
      /
        B

After reading that, I have come to the conclusion I must be an idiot................I cannot for the life of me understand a word you were saying or trying to say

look at your surroundings are you in step or out step   WTF does that mean?   ...place it in a box and you are above average if you see beyond the box?

How about this... you consider someone above average if they think outside the box........   what the you fail to mention is that everyone's box is not the same size....................

My box is so small that I cannot help but think outside the box......where does that put me?

Iski needs to join the thread......he would enjoy this ludicrous exercise in nonsense

« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 01:25:02 PM by FLHTCUSE3 »
Formally FLHTCUSE3

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2008, 01:18:44 PM »

After reading that, I have come to the conclusion I must be an idiot................I cannot for the life of me understand a word you were saying or trying to say

This is why apathy is crucial...

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2008, 01:20:15 PM »

Well, I view intelligence as being able to listen to other people's viewpoints without losing either your own, or your temper.  That being the touchstone, the full spectrum is represented here as in most places.   As for getting into debates on things, often there isn't a point.  If someone starts ragging on a sensitive subject in any venue not just here and I don't reply to them it's not that I necessarily agree with them, or that I am too weak to debate them on it.  It comes down to this.  Is anything I am likely to say going to change your mind on this?  I know that nothing you say will change mine, so why even start to waste each other's time? 

Very Well Said

although, does not necessarily mean that I will abstain from posting in political threads - I'm trying though

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2008, 01:25:45 PM »

Very much like an Obama policy statement.  Could it be that we have a political ghost writer in our very presence?

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2008, 02:11:48 PM »

Very much like an Obama policy statement.  Could it be that we have a political ghost writer in our very presence?

Brian

We have a lot of posters here (me included) but very few writers.
I think Don is the #1 writer here and the rest of us are wannabee's.

Iski needs to join the thread......he would enjoy this ludicrous exercise in nonsense

The above quote sums it all up.

I'm out of this thread, if I wanted to do something worthwhile I would prepare to wax Cybil!

I would prepare to wax Cybil!
Sounds kinda dirty don't it?

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2008, 02:14:38 PM »

Just don't get any on the floor

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2008, 02:20:12 PM »

OMG! 

Doesn't anybody have a freaking JOB! 
Something that keeps them busy enough that they don't feel a need to answer crap like this in a totally unimportant thread in a non-needed forum that exists only for entertainment and and opportunity for folks to exchange....   

crap. now I'M writing in it.  Where did I put my sign......     
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2008, 02:23:37 PM »

OMG! 

Where did I put my sign......     

You mean your "I'm a dumbass sign?"
Somehow it wound up in my truck?
I will FEDX it back for a small fee!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2008, 02:54:36 PM »

OMG! 

Doesn't anybody have a freaking JOB! 
Something that keeps them busy enough that they don't feel a need to answer crap like this in a totally unimportant thread in a non-needed forum that exists only for entertainment and and opportunity for folks to exchange....   

crap. now I'M writing in it.  Where did I put my sign......     

Don't you have any hippies to wash today?   

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2008, 02:59:40 PM »

nah, they're all over at the public square for the "EUgene Celebration"  We're not allowed to wash them in public areas 'cause the wrinkly bits hang out and scare the children.     :huepfenlol2:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 03:29:36 PM by Coolbreeze »
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2008, 03:52:18 PM »

I need to post here to ignore this thread in the "Show new replies to your posts" section instead of "Show unread posts since last visit"
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2008, 04:18:22 PM »

Crap! Came home from work and surely expected this to be long dead! It wasn't! 4 pages just since 8AM!!! C'mon people smell the roses!!! ::) :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2008, 04:21:47 PM »

Crap! Came home from work and surely expected this to be long dead! It wasn't! 4 pages just since 8AM!!! C'mon people smell the roses!!! ::) :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

Or at least the cat crap and dog barf! :o ::) :P

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2008, 04:23:25 PM »

DAWGi  (is that like doggy?)

AJ is the man, if anyone gets one he has to get the first!
Being # 2 is not a bad place to be as long as da man has his!

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Hell how about a group buy after AJ gets his????? I'm in for one. That would be watch #3

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2008, 05:24:49 PM »

Everyone needs to move up to Canada... we don't worry about polotics up here! :bananarock:

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2008, 09:34:34 PM »

Well, I'll tell you one thing.......ahh..never mind
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2008, 09:42:59 PM »

Your bike is ugly and it has the 110 engine.  ;D

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2008, 09:45:17 PM »

Ever accommodating, Ken...

Ask and you shall receive....   ??? :P
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2008, 09:48:20 PM »

George my friend,

I read through this entire thread. It was quite entertaining. BUT...what is it about?

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2008, 09:49:47 PM »

Ken's bike is moldy and has a 1, , , , , , well it use to be moldy!

:huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2008, 09:55:08 PM »

Yo,

Kinda interesting stuff.  Frankly, I NEVER think on this message board, since thinking leads to trouble/problems.  As to thick or thin skinned folks - life is made up of folks who really are & those who play at being thick or thin skinned.  And if we skin them, we can figure out which ones are winners or losers but that gets real messy & they would probably yell a lot.

I believe in de-evolution but do not advocate cave dwelling as a general practice, due to an anticipated cave shortage in most municipalities, counties, and outlying areas.  

I do find most exercise to be ludicrous, unless it's something in the NFL Cheerleaders thread, maybe.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2008, 10:00:23 PM »

Don,
I almost missed the point of your post, but then found it down in the lower left corner.  Couldn't agree with you more.   :P ;)

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

xjackx

« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2008, 11:28:26 PM »

Why can't we all just get along?  :huepfenjump3:

Because it wouldn't be as much fun!  :zstupid:

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2008, 11:56:26 PM »

Sorry__George

Barbaric?  Once, but not today.  It took one more a$$ whoopin' than most men get for me, to convince me I was not the meanest SOB in the valley.  Average?  Not in my mind.  Bad?  I have been, but decided it didn't pay enough.  Thick skinned?  Probably, and proud of it.  Compare lives?  Sure.  That has always been interesting to me.  Obviously, niether of us are rookies, or we would be but a memory.  Comparing war stories would make my head swim?  I doubt it, but again, it could be fun.  That said, why would you apologize?  I would never apologize for telling the truth, nor would I hide within a PM to discuss it.  Those here that know me understand my life is an open book.  Hell, I ain't proud of some of the things I've done in my life, but obviously I had to do 'em to be where I am today.  Besides, the statute of limitations has cleared me of my past shortcomings.  Furthermore, I respect you for calling me on my remarks.  Most folks take their ball and go home when I rattle their cage.  So.............if you want, we will move forward.  If not, I understand.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD                  
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 08:13:47 AM by HUBBARD »
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2008, 12:05:37 AM »

This is funnier:

"hard10, xjackx, TEXAS LURKER, Bungy, pado, joez28ss and 0 Guests are viewing this topic."

T MAC

• Elite CVO Member
  • FREEDOM

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 - B/O
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2008, 12:23:37 AM »

Barbaric?  Once, but not today.  It took one more a$$ whoopin' than most men get for me, to convince me I was not the meanest SOB in the valley.  Average?  Not in my mind.  Bad?  I have been, but decided it didn't pay enough.  Thick skinned?  Probably, and proud of it.  Compare lives?  Sure.  That has always been interesting to me.  Obviously, niether of us are rookies, or we would be but a memory.  Comparing war stories would make my head swim?  I doubt it, but again, it could be fun.  That said, why would you apologize?  I would never apologize for telling the truth, nor would I hide within a PM to discuss it.  Those here that know me understand my life is an open book.  Hell, I ain't proud of some of the things I've done in my life, but obviously I had to do 'em to be where I am today.  Besides, the statute of limitations has cleared me of my past shotcomings.  Furthermore, I respect you for calling me on my remarks.  Most folks take their ball and go home when I rattle their cage.  So.............if you want, we will move forward.  If not, I understand.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD                  

Damn - Well said! :2vrolijk_21:  I have read this whole thread and I think this post sums it up pretty well.  :2vrolijk_21:

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy

vagabond6542

« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2008, 12:25:28 AM »

Now George.

Who thinks AJ needs a Screaming Eagle watch?  (thanks Pado)
One that doesn't leak!

Ok Chip you win on that one. But you have to admit, sometimes a little dialogue can go a long way.
It's great to see someone stand up for someone else.  That is beyond the normal. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

vagabond6542

« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2008, 12:28:59 AM »

I didn't make this a political thread. But your insight is right on. You definitely see "out of the Box". :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

vagabond6542

« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2008, 12:48:30 AM »

Barbaric?  Once, but not today.  It took one more a$$ whoopin' than most men get for me, to convince me I was not the meanest SOB in the valley.  Average?  Not in my mind.  Bad?  I have been, but decided it didn't pay enough.  Thick skinned?  Probably, and proud of it.  Compare lives?  Sure.  That has always been interesting to me.  Obviously, niether of us are rookies, or we would be but a memory.  Comparing war stories would make my head swim?  I doubt it, but again, it could be fun.  That said, why would you apologize?  I would never apologize for telling the truth, nor would I hide within a PM to discuss it.  Those here that know me understand my life is an open book.  Hell, I ain't proud of some of the things I've done in my life, but obviously I had to do 'em to be where I am today.  Besides, the statute of limitations has cleared me of my past shotcomings.  Furthermore, I respect you for calling me on my remarks.  Most folks take their ball and go home when I rattle their cage.  So.............if you want, we will move forward.  If not, I understand.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD                  

And you sir have my respect. Here's to riding one day :drink:

Good Post! :2vrolijk_21:

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2008, 03:36:27 AM »

... You definitely see "out of the Box". :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

I just want to see my watch come out of the box!!!

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2008, 05:36:14 AM »

:zthread:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

hogasm

« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2008, 06:27:24 AM »

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2008, 08:15:37 AM »

I just want to see my watch come out of the box!!!

??

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2008, 09:18:07 AM »

Thanks Ken.   :P  I knew I could count on you.   :2vrolijk_21:

Now go back to waxing you new truck... ::)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2008, 10:24:55 AM »

I believe in de-evolution but do not advocate cave dwelling as a general practice, due to an anticipated cave shortage in most municipalities, counties, and outlying areas.  

I don't believe in municipalities, counties or outlying areas.  But I do believe that some threads should be visited by post partum abortion.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2008, 11:37:45 AM »

Thanks Ken.   :P  I knew I could count on you.   :2vrolijk_21:

Now go back to waxing you new truck... ::)

CHIT Travis...I had to drive it down a gravel road yesterday. It's already as dirty as my old truck. time to trade I guess.

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2008, 11:39:12 AM »

CHIT Travis...I had to drive it down a gravel road yesterday. It's already as dirty as my old truck. time to trade I guess.

Get an '09 this time.   :)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2008, 11:40:45 AM »

Bwaaa Haaaa!  :D  :D :D :D

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2008, 11:41:20 AM »

Get an '09 this time.   :)

Your bike is still ugly!  ;D

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2008, 11:44:38 AM »

Your bike is still ugly!  ;D

At least my dog isn't...

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2008, 11:45:40 AM »

At least my dog isn't...

Lab/Shephard?  Looks like it has thick skin.  Should fit in fine here.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2008, 11:46:50 AM »

At least my dog isn't...

What about the other one :huepfenlol2: ?

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2008, 11:48:56 AM »

Lab/Shephard?  Looks like it has thick skin.  Should fit in fine here.

Mutt.

He loves everybody, no matter what you say to him.  He does find 2lane's views on local governments to be a bit socialist.   :D

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2008, 11:49:38 AM »

What about the other one :huepfenlol2: ?

That's the wife's dog, and I can not be held responsible for how ugly that dog is.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2008, 11:49:52 AM »

Mutt.

He loves everybody, no matter what you say to him.  He does find 2lane's views on local governments to be a bit socialist.   :D

Hey, I'm all for anything social except diseases :2vrolijk_21: .

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2008, 11:50:04 AM »

?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2008, 11:50:49 AM »

?

There is an ugly dog thread here somewhere.

Hell, there's an everything thread here somewhere.

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2008, 11:51:33 AM »

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2008, 11:54:35 AM »

That's the wife's dog, and I can not be held responsible for how ugly that dog is.

Nice dog.  Answers to "Cuddles"

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2008, 11:56:17 AM »

Nice dog.  Answers to "Cuddles"

I think he's cute! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #101 on: September 10, 2008, 11:58:13 AM »

I think he's cute! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Me too.  Travis, hope you don't mind, I'm using Cuddles as my avatar photo.....

Sean M Cary

« Reply #102 on: September 10, 2008, 12:12:02 PM »

My stance on this is simple... GOLD bikes rule.  What was the question?

:huepfenjump3:

Never been part of the 10%...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 12:13:53 PM by Florida Marine »

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #103 on: September 10, 2008, 12:14:23 PM »

Hopeless....

Sean M Cary

« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2008, 12:16:22 PM »

Hopeless....

Ahh, but that is better then SERKLESS...

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2008, 12:20:46 PM »

True, I hate it when you are right.

I took the Dyna out Saturday to the DelRay cigar store and had it detailed while there.

I forgot how much stuff hurts when it hits you...

RedFXR2

« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2008, 12:23:52 PM »

I took the Dyna out Saturday to the DelRay cigar store and had it detailed while there.

They detail bikes at a cigar store?  Must be a big humidor.

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2008, 12:24:40 PM »

True, I hate it when you are right.

if you want we can practice when I get down there next month, you ride by on the Emmitglide and I will throw bottles at you?

RedFXR2

« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2008, 12:27:26 PM »

....you ride by on the Emmitglide and I will throw bottles at you?

Youtube.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2008, 12:27:41 PM »

They detail bikes at a cigar store?  Must be a big humidor.

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

You gonna start too???  Outside the store you schmuck..
The store has a detail set up there on Saturdays. Come on down, won't cost nothing for a cigar

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2008, 12:28:48 PM »

Ahh, but that is better then SERKLESS...

Sign in the restaurant:

No SERK
No Shoes
NO Service

Miker, mind waiting outside while I get something to eat?  And while I'm thinking of it, if you took the TP off a CUSE (that's the model#, not SEUC) would it be an "EX" CUSE?

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2008, 12:28:55 PM »

if you want we can practice when I get down there next month, you ride by on the Emmitglide and I will throw bottles at you?

There are laws protecting the edlerly you know, you putz.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2008, 12:31:47 PM »

Sean M Cary

« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2008, 12:32:41 PM »

There are laws protecting the edlerly you know, you putz.

I'll aim low...

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2008, 02:53:02 PM »

I don't believe in municipalities, counties or outlying areas.  But I do believe that some threads should be visited by post partum abortion.

I forget if I am supposed to call you a communist here or if you were supposed to call me a communist & forgot to.   :nixweiss:  Hmmmmmm..... ok, I will call myself a commie & make a vague threat involving cold broiled asparagus.

On the post partum abortion deal I have been in favor of that, up & including the 75th trimester but so far no political candidate will take up the worthy cause.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2008, 02:57:18 PM »

I feel kinda like you have hurt MikeR's feeling and feel that if you do not feel like making sure his feeling is ok then you may feel like you are not feeling what you think you are feeling but are not feeling, due to a lack of feelings... wo wo wo feelings......wo wo w....nevermind.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2008, 02:58:17 PM »

I like cold broiled asparagi, with lemon jews and olive oil...

I could call both of you "A maidel mit a vayndel " which is yiddish for a pony-tailed nymphet if that will get you riled up...

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2008, 02:59:34 PM »

Don't worry mike, my feeling remains distant and unattached just like when I was a kid...

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2008, 03:00:36 PM »

On the post partum abortion deal I have been in favor of that, up & including the 75th trimester but so far no political candidate will take up the worthy cause.

Yeah, it's weird.  Have never met a baby that had done anything to deserve it yet.  But a lot of grown ups have certainly fit the standard.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2008, 03:02:17 PM »

It works well for ya, Mike.

Apologize for that "Feelings" lyric. Don't know what brought that on.  I blame Tony Orlando.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #120 on: September 10, 2008, 03:05:19 PM »

Yeah, it's weird.  Have never met a baby that had done anything to deserve it yet.  But a lot of grown ups have certainly fit the standard.

A hundred years ago when multiple political blogs were more of a daily deal, I would have paid for more than a few post partums into the 200th trimester & up......  And probably could have got one free myself if I had indicated any interest.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #121 on: September 10, 2008, 03:08:59 PM »

Ward, you need to try and take it easy on the Beaver tonight, kay?

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #122 on: September 10, 2008, 03:15:46 PM »

Ok Eddie.  Tell Mrs. Haskell I send my *ahem* regards.

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

« Reply #123 on: September 10, 2008, 03:29:46 PM »

Gosh Wally.  Why is Dad over at the Haskell's again?

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #124 on: September 10, 2008, 03:31:54 PM »

The Beav was too worn out to play anymore last night?    :nixweiss:

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #125 on: September 10, 2008, 03:39:45 PM »

Seemed like an appropriate place to throw another one of these in: :zthread:   ;) ::) :P

RedFXR2

« Reply #126 on: September 10, 2008, 03:48:52 PM »

Sheesh Brian, do I have to spell it out for you?

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #127 on: September 10, 2008, 05:42:54 PM »

AJ's watch :coolblue:

I have a ScreaminEagle Watch if he needs it. :smug:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

vagabond6542

« Reply #128 on: September 14, 2008, 04:09:46 PM »

Thought I would sneak in and see how this thread had gone.  Computer graphics has nothing to compare to the morphing this thread went.  Good show everyone.  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9 [All]

Page created in 0.456 seconds with 21 queries.