Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Thicker skin..Outspoken or Quiet  (Read 8346 times)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Re: Thicker skin..Outspoken or Quiet
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2008, 11:10:55 PM »

Vags,
unfortunately, the only thing I can say to you starting this thread is:   :beatdeadhorse:

:devil:

Charlie

I agree completely!

George

If intelligence is how you judge a mans value then you have really missed the boat.
To be blunt I don't give a chit as to your level of intelligence because when I see and talk with you, I see and talk with the good man that George is.
I see the George that I look forward to riding with again.

On the Terry subject,
As far as Terry goes I also see a very intelligent man that knew how to dish it out but was or is to smart to understand that if you dish it out you better learn how to take it.
Like Hubbard said, for whatever reason Terry took his ball and went home. That was Terry's choice not mine.
What Terry never saw was how he offended me and many others with his constant political attacks on anyone or anything that didn't see things as he did. This is a motorcycle forum that Naitram has allowed us to venture in to other areas of interest including politics. I'm sure as chit am not here to discuss politics but after over and over of listening and reading, I do get tired of people that I respect being called scumbags and garbage. I think anyone would after a while. 
For the record I absolutely enjoyed riding with Terry and Suzanne. I enjoyed the time we spent with them at the GTG's. I have enjoyed his info on the work he did on his bike.

Naitram has created a great place but more than that he has also allowed all of us to be who we are.
This place is a lot like church.
Church CVOharley.com is a place where 10% of the members have probably 90% of the post.
This is also like church where as we all grow and get to know each other,  we start to know more about each other than we really want to or need to.
I have been fortunate to have made a lot friends here George and expect after Maggie Valley to have many more.
I'm not sure where your going with all the cave men BS and what your point is there but I do look forward to seeing and riding with you soon.
But don't ask me to talk about politics because I may not like your views and or you may not like mine and what the HELL has that got to do with riding a curvy road in the North Georgia and Carolina mountains anyway?

So George, I do think your beating a dead horse here, so lets meet somewhere and do some riding and let someone else with no life figure out the politics!

S
  /
    B
      /
        B

Well I see there have been ten post since I started typing my post.
Should be an interesting read!

:2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 11:15:17 PM by Silver-Black »

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

vagabond6542

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 09:07:26 AM »

I beg to differ, sir.  I, for one, question your statement of intelligence being based on education.  Education does not make one smart.  I'm just an Ol' Country Boy with NO education, but I'll match witts with anyone here, on any subject.  If by some fluke I was to get jammed up, I would call on 2Lane, or BLM777, for information.  As for your comment of having seen more "barbaric behavior" on this Site than you have seen in your entire life reflects a life sheltered from reality, such as Bar-Room Brawls, Union busting, and Hell-Raising in general, which would be a life akin to a life lived by Ray Charles, in my view.  I don't envy you, nor do I miss TC.  His loss, as far as I'm concerned.  I've enjoyed my time here on this GREAT SITE, in every way, and will continue to do so as long as I live and breathe.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD

Now there is barbaric. Sorry Hubbard you are average. Now good or bad, you display bad.  You have a thick skin.
When you want to compare lives lived, PM me. I think I can make your head swim. Like I said long story. Not a good one.

Sorry__George

vagabond6542

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 09:13:04 AM »

Another possibility may be the free choice to ignore the words knowing from whence they came.

There is a another possibility, make like an ostrich with its head in the sand, what is not seen is reality.
Capo, I can apprciated your good comment. I'd say you were above average. :2vrolijk_21:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 09:13:11 AM »

What about us braying jack asses?? You have hurt my feeling....I think...

Some are easy to get thier panties in a wad, some are self appointed experts, some really really think that
thier opionion matters too...Those are the funniest ones... to me anyway, I'm just saying, not for nuthin.

vagabond6542

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2008, 09:25:40 AM »

What about us braying jack asses?? You have hurt my feeling....I think...

Some are easy to get thier panties in a wad, some are self appointed experts, some really really think that
thier opionion matters too...Those are the funniest ones... to me anyway, I'm just saying, not for nuthin.

Miker,
Having gotten to know you at the last CHL GTG, braying jack asses...NOT.  So don't feel hurt.
I'd say good, above average,and definitely outspoken.  :2vrolijk_21:

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 09:27:55 AM »

There is a another possibility, make like an ostrich with its head in the sand, what is not seen is reality.
Capo, I can apprciated your good comment. I'd say you were above average. :2vrolijk_21:

Not sure what this thread is all about.  Why are you rating folks :nixweiss:  Average..Above Average??  I guess I just do not take this stuff as seriously as I should.  I am too concerned with raising two kids and trying to create a strong family bond in my house.

I guess that makes me below average :2vrolijk_21:  BTW, you may want to read your posts before you submit them to check for grammatical errors.

Let's get back to some threads on bikes and babes, and other barbaric topics that I can relate to! :D
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

pado

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: Longhorn
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2008, 09:34:28 AM »

Has anyone got a watch for AJ ??

Let's eat some boiled peanuts.
Founding Member and Zen Master of Pondering, Hankering and Moseying Society with all accolades and privileges

Charter Member of CVO Critter Gawking Society

Master Bloody Mary Mixologist

comfortablynumb

• Senior CVO Member
  • u can chek out any time u like,but ucan nver leave

• CVO1: 2008 SEUC3 SuperTrapp SE slip ons SE Stage 1 A/C SE Super Tuner Kury LED Brake & Turn Kury Zombie Shift Linkage & Cover Clearview 9.5 recurve Tru Track
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2008, 09:34:46 AM »

I have enjoyed every minute of reading youse guys except for this.If we went brain dead and came to 6 months from now and walked back into this thread and saw some of the things that have been said, I think alot of people would be cringing and sorry for what may have been lost because of a few words. I don't know anyone here except through this site, but I can already sense regret and sadness.You can feel it in the posts.This is a great,feel-good site with great people. the only thing I will say is that I don't think ANYONE is that far above anyone else especially to the point of judging them and name calling.In the old days we could have a good knock down and then share beers and try to laugh about it. I'm buying-(probably a bad idea)There's enough crap in this world without trying to wipe it at the expense of each other.

Doug

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2008, 09:36:42 AM »

I like boiled pnuts, spicey ones....

vagabond6542

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2008, 09:39:39 AM »

I have enjoyed every minute of reading youse guys except for this.If we went brain dead and came to 6 months from now and walked back into this thread and saw some of the things that have been said, I think alot of people would be cringing and sorry for what may have been lost because of a few words. I don't know anyone here except through this site, but I can already sense regret and sadness.You can feel it in the posts.This is a great,feel-good site with great people. the only thing I will say is that I don't think ANYONE is that far above anyone else especially to the point of judging them and name calling.In the old days we could have a good knock down and then share beers and try to laugh about it. I'm buying-(probably a bad idea)There's enough crap in this world without trying to wipe it at the expense of each other.

Doug

comfortablynumb you can think "out of the box".  Thank you. :2vrolijk_21:

vagabond6542

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2008, 09:41:27 AM »

Not sure what this thread is all about.  Why are you rating folks :nixweiss:  Average..Above Average??  I guess I just do not take this stuff as seriously as I should.  I am too concerned with raising two kids and trying to create a strong family bond in my house.

I guess that makes me below average :2vrolijk_21:  BTW, you may want to read your posts before you submit them to check for grammatical errors.

Let's get back to some threads on bikes and babes, and other barbaric topics that I can relate to! :D

I would have to blame the "Smell Checker" for the errors. :2vrolijk_21:

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2008, 09:46:30 AM »

This is a motorcycle forum that Naitram has allowed us to venture in to other areas of interest including politics. I'm sure as chit am not here to discuss politics but after over and over of listening and reading, I do get tired of people that I respect being called scumbags and garbage. I think anyone would after a while. 

Yes it is a motorcycle forum.  Thank you for reminding us.

Back in the spring I was getting to the point where I would not come to this site because I was tired of everyone trashing the 110 bikes/engines.  Now we seem to spend a majority of the time trashing each other.  All things being equal, I wish everyone would go back to trashing bikes.   :(

pado

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: Longhorn
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2008, 09:49:21 AM »

Anyone got a watch for AJ ?
Founding Member and Zen Master of Pondering, Hankering and Moseying Society with all accolades and privileges

Charter Member of CVO Critter Gawking Society

Master Bloody Mary Mixologist

vagabond6542

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2008, 10:04:43 AM »

Charlie

I agree completely!

George

If intelligence is how you judge a mans value then you have really missed the boat.
To be blunt I don't give a chit as to your level of intelligence because when I see and talk with you, I see and talk with the good man that George is.
I see the George that I look forward to riding with again.

On the Terry subject,
As far as Terry goes I also see a very intelligent man that knew how to dish it out but was or is to smart to understand that if you dish it out you better learn how to take it.
Like Hubbard said, for whatever reason Terry took his ball and went home. That was Terry's choice not mine.
What Terry never saw was how he offended me and many others with his constant political attacks on anyone or anything that didn't see things as he did. This is a motorcycle forum that Naitram has allowed us to venture in to other areas of interest including politics. I'm sure as chit am not here to discuss politics but after over and over of listening and reading, I do get tired of people that I respect being called scumbags and garbage. I think anyone would after a while. 
For the record I absolutely enjoyed riding with Terry and Suzanne. I enjoyed the time we spent with them at the GTG's. I have enjoyed his info on the work he did on his bike.

Naitram has created a great place but more than that he has also allowed all of us to be who we are.
This place is a lot like church.
Church CVOharley.com is a place where 10% of the members have probably 90% of the post.
This is also like church where as we all grow and get to know each other,  we start to know more about each other than we really want to or need to.
I have been fortunate to have made a lot friends here George and expect after Maggie Valley to have many more.
I'm not sure where your going with all the cave men BS and what your point is there but I do look forward to seeing and riding with you soon.
But don't ask me to talk about politics because I may not like your views and or you may not like mine and what the HELL has that got to do with riding a curvy road in the North Georgia and Carolina mountains anyway?

So George, I do think your beating a dead horse here, so lets meet somewhere and do some riding and let someone else with no life figure out the politics!

S
  /
    B
      /
        B

Well I see there have been ten post since I started typing my post.
Should be an interesting read!

:2vrolijk_21:

S
  /
    B
      /
        B

Darn Chip, you make things hard to answer!
I guess the best way is to define Average and Above Average.
Average, the best way to explain it is to look around your surroundings. Are you in step or out of step to them. I'm not including weird in this explanation. Are you modeling your life to the average perception of what is expected of you?  Intelligence is only a small factor in the equation, there are a lot of other factors involved.

Above Average, take the above explanation and place it in a box. That explanation would be the parameters of the box.   To be Above Average is someone who can see beyond the "box".  Again I reiterate, intelligence is a small factor.

In personality make up, Like will attract like personalities.  But we are all different. The acceptance factor modifies the rough edges between personalities, thereby everyone gets along.

PS....I would ride with you any day also.  

vagabond6542

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2008, 10:10:06 AM »

Yes it is a motorcycle forum.  Thank you for reminding us.

Back in the spring I was getting to the point where I would not come to this site because I was tired of everyone trashing the 110 bikes/engines.  Now we seem to spend a majority of the time trashing each other.  All things being equal, I wish everyone would go back to trashing bikes.   :(

Good perception, Ghost Rider. :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 21 queries.