Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  All

Author Topic: Thicker skin..Outspoken or Quiet  (Read 8402 times)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: Thicker skin..Outspoken or Quiet
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2008, 12:05:37 AM »

This is funnier:

"hard10, xjackx, TEXAS LURKER, Bungy, pado, joez28ss and 0 Guests are viewing this topic."

T MAC

• Elite CVO Member
  • FREEDOM

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 - B/O
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2008, 12:23:37 AM »

Barbaric?  Once, but not today.  It took one more a$$ whoopin' than most men get for me, to convince me I was not the meanest SOB in the valley.  Average?  Not in my mind.  Bad?  I have been, but decided it didn't pay enough.  Thick skinned?  Probably, and proud of it.  Compare lives?  Sure.  That has always been interesting to me.  Obviously, niether of us are rookies, or we would be but a memory.  Comparing war stories would make my head swim?  I doubt it, but again, it could be fun.  That said, why would you apologize?  I would never apologize for telling the truth, nor would I hide within a PM to discuss it.  Those here that know me understand my life is an open book.  Hell, I ain't proud of some of the things I've done in my life, but obviously I had to do 'em to be where I am today.  Besides, the statute of limitations has cleared me of my past shotcomings.  Furthermore, I respect you for calling me on my remarks.  Most folks take their ball and go home when I rattle their cage.  So.............if you want, we will move forward.  If not, I understand.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD                  

Damn - Well said! :2vrolijk_21:  I have read this whole thread and I think this post sums it up pretty well.  :2vrolijk_21:

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy

vagabond6542

« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2008, 12:25:28 AM »

Now George.

You don't even know the man and your judging him.
What or who gave you that right?
I know the man and as rough as his edges appear to be at times I don't know of a finer man that I have had the privilege to meet from this website. You are wrong! I have been to the edge with Carl Lee Hubbard and we both survived. But since this is your thread and I have yet to figure out what your really trying to accomplish I will not waste my time reading your opinion of who is right or who is wrong. Because when it's done and over it's still just your opinion.

I think we all could spend our time more productively discussing motorcycles and AJ getting a new watch!
Who thinks AJ needs a Screaming Eagle watch?  (thanks Pado)
One that doesn't leak!

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Ok Chip you win on that one. But you have to admit, sometimes a little dialogue can go a long way.
It's great to see someone stand up for someone else.  That is beyond the normal. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

vagabond6542

« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2008, 12:28:59 AM »

The two parties in the US have done their jobs well.  At least as evidenced on this board.  Good thing there is no volume control on our ballots.

A difference in opinion or life history make one either a heroic patriot or un-american.
Or an enlightened progressive or an ignorant redneck.

Must be one or the other.  No room for seeing both sides, even if one favors you.  That makes one a wet noodle flip flopper.  Certainly no room for considering a public policy that recognizes both sides of an issue.

No room for objectivity, either.  I found that out first hand right here.

IMO, They're both (parties) making fools out of the electorate.  Unbelievable spin all the way to downright lies, and folks drink it in.  They will each do/say anything to gain/keep power. Obama and McCain are each only hubcaps on the two cars.   Their personalities are being used as marketing tools.  Nobody's got time to do any of their own research, but they have all kinds of time to blast each other on internet posting boards, based on party propaganda..

IMO, People need to be thinking about the positives/negatives of the party platforms as they impact them, not what the candidates say or look like.  The parties created the candidates.  The candidates work for the parties.

Our parties are themselves "special interest groups".  They are each made up of many smaller "special Interest groups".  This is very different from having the interests of most of the nation at heart.

And, I have to say (with sarcasm) all internet e-mails and websites are absolutely true, valid and worth repeating. ::)  Can't possibly be created for political reasons.

I'll say this about intelligence.  Until we as voters wise up and see through/beyond the two parties, we'll continue to get only what they choose to feed us.  We can either keep throwing rocks at each other, or demand better in the types of people who we allow to make our most important decisions for us.

A "politician" in the workplace refers to someone who got where they are not because of knowledge, skill or ability, but because of who they know, or maybe are related to.  It's a derogatory term.  Yet, these are the same personalities who we encourage to enter public service.  The whole system is really amazing to me.

We should all be insulted, but for much greater reasons. 

I didn't make this a political thread. But your insight is right on. You definitely see "out of the Box". :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

vagabond6542

« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2008, 12:48:30 AM »

Barbaric?  Once, but not today.  It took one more a$$ whoopin' than most men get for me, to convince me I was not the meanest SOB in the valley.  Average?  Not in my mind.  Bad?  I have been, but decided it didn't pay enough.  Thick skinned?  Probably, and proud of it.  Compare lives?  Sure.  That has always been interesting to me.  Obviously, niether of us are rookies, or we would be but a memory.  Comparing war stories would make my head swim?  I doubt it, but again, it could be fun.  That said, why would you apologize?  I would never apologize for telling the truth, nor would I hide within a PM to discuss it.  Those here that know me understand my life is an open book.  Hell, I ain't proud of some of the things I've done in my life, but obviously I had to do 'em to be where I am today.  Besides, the statute of limitations has cleared me of my past shotcomings.  Furthermore, I respect you for calling me on my remarks.  Most folks take their ball and go home when I rattle their cage.  So.............if you want, we will move forward.  If not, I understand.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD                  

And you sir have my respect. Here's to riding one day :drink:

Good Post! :2vrolijk_21:

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2008, 03:36:27 AM »

... You definitely see "out of the Box". :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

I just want to see my watch come out of the box!!!

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2008, 05:36:14 AM »

:zthread:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

hogasm

« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2008, 06:27:24 AM »

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2008, 08:15:37 AM »

I just want to see my watch come out of the box!!!

??
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2008, 09:18:07 AM »

Your bike is ugly and it has the 110 engine.  ;D

Thanks Ken.   :P  I knew I could count on you.   :2vrolijk_21:

Now go back to waxing you new truck... ::)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2008, 10:24:55 AM »

I believe in de-evolution but do not advocate cave dwelling as a general practice, due to an anticipated cave shortage in most municipalities, counties, and outlying areas.  

I don't believe in municipalities, counties or outlying areas.  But I do believe that some threads should be visited by post partum abortion.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2008, 11:37:45 AM »

Thanks Ken.   :P  I knew I could count on you.   :2vrolijk_21:

Now go back to waxing you new truck... ::)

CHIT Travis...I had to drive it down a gravel road yesterday. It's already as dirty as my old truck. time to trade I guess.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2008, 11:39:12 AM »

CHIT Travis...I had to drive it down a gravel road yesterday. It's already as dirty as my old truck. time to trade I guess.

Get an '09 this time.   :)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2008, 11:40:45 AM »

Bwaaa Haaaa!  :D  :D :D :D

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2008, 11:41:20 AM »

Get an '09 this time.   :)

Your bike is still ugly!  ;D
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  All

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 22 queries.