Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  All

Author Topic: The Ultimate Place to Live?  (Read 8285 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: The Ultimate Place to Live?
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2008, 02:33:48 PM »

Why Costco is important to me: by Miker.

Costco is important to me because Costco has Mount Gay rum on the cheap....
Costco also has a special Kirkland house branded vodka that is a dead ringer for Grey Goose and better yet and real nice once a year house branded single malt made by The Macallan(swoon).

Costco also sell big bags of fresh limes for which to make the rum punch with and on Saturday all sorts of seafood goodies to eat.  I get the indusrial size Milk Bones for our pooches too, saving lots of money for cigars.

Costco needs to have a humidor, ammo and Mobil One Vtwin to be perfect.

That all I have to say about that for now.

COSTCO is to Sam's Club as Porsche is to Volkswagen

COSTCO IS COOL

B B

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2008, 02:36:37 PM »

So is SD from what I hear...

I want to get out there one of these days, never been.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2008, 04:16:43 PM »

I live in Lake Elsinore, Ca on the lake and paid 89K for it during the last recession here in 98. We put about 100K in it and now we have a great "empty nester" with low taxes. They tell me its worth 800K now but the taxes are set with the original selling price and can only be raised 2% a year. We have a no speed limit lake full of fish, the cops think drag pipes are cool, and yes we have a Costco. Hey it's not as hip as Orange County, and maybe a little more laid back but it's home.  Doc

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2008, 04:54:19 PM »

I live in Lake Elsinore, Ca on the lake and paid 89K for it during the last recession here in 98. We put about 100K in it and now we have a great "empty nester" with low taxes. They tell me its worth 800K now but the taxes are set with the original selling price and can only be raised 2% a year. We have a no speed limit lake full of fish, the cops think drag pipes are cool, and yes we have a Costco. Hey it's not as hip as Orange County, and maybe a little more laid back but it's home.  Doc

A similar situation here Doc, ceptin for no lake, we have swamp...We have been in the house 20 years and pay 20% of what the newbies pay in taxes.

Hope to someday be able to lock it up come May and hit the road til November, when I'll run back to the warmth like a moth to a flame.

I do miss Cali though...Much better riding than the big flat down here. Gotta have both the way I see it...

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2008, 05:01:12 PM »

Is that you wake boarding Doc.  :nixweiss:   ;D
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2008, 05:02:16 PM »

Nothing like living beside a lake - - - -especially when it doesn't freeze three feet thick like my place in Maine does for 4 months a year.  :o

B B

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2008, 05:14:33 PM »

I thought that is when you drug the shack with no floor out there, hogged a hole in the ice inside the shack and drank waitin on fish to jump out BB! 

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2008, 05:17:07 PM »

I thought that is when you drug the shack with no floor out there, hogged a hole in the ice inside the shack and drank waitin on fish to jump out BB! 

Ah yes, that most favored of winter pastimes - - - - - Ice Drinking - - I mean fishing  ;)

B B

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2008, 05:24:32 PM »

Ah yes, that most favored of winter pastimes - - - - - Ice Drinking - - I mean fishing  ;)

B B
You had it right the first time! Ice drinking  ;D ;D
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2008, 09:54:58 PM »

Is that you wake boarding Doc.  :nixweiss:   ;D

Nope, but that picture was taken about half a bottle into Christmas Day last year. My neighbor was going by on the board at the time. Doc

Sean M Cary

« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2008, 06:43:06 AM »

COSTCO is to Sam's Club as Porsche is to Volkswagen

COSTCO IS COOL

B B

Jacksonville, cultural mecca that is is (anywhere you can cram 50000 Marines is some sort of mecca)

has Sams.

AND the Driftwood Lounge

Sean

Buvy

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2008, 08:00:14 AM »

The two places I want to live are Marble Falls, TX and Dillon, CO
We're the renegades of this time and age
This is the time and age of renegades!

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2008, 08:27:16 AM »

Nope, but that picture was taken about half a bottle into Christmas Day last year. My neighbor was going by on the board at the time. Doc

Wakeboarding on Christmas Day!!!  That's what I'm talkin' about.  I want to be there. :orange: :carrot: :2vrolijk_21:
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2008, 09:28:39 AM »

East Tenn., Foothills of the Great Smokey Mtns. Plenty of lakes and streams for fishing, All kinds of back roads to ride, And best of all no State income or personel prop. taxes to pay. And cost of living is not that bad here.
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2008, 11:01:28 AM »

Wakeboarding on Christmas Day!!!  That's what I'm talkin' about.  I want to be there. :orange: :carrot: :2vrolijk_21:

Heck, what else is there to do. :nixweiss:   Doc
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 22 queries.