Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: BOYCOTT GASOLINE IMPORTERS!  (Read 11018 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
BOYCOTT GASOLINE IMPORTERS!
« on: January 13, 2010, 06:31:24 PM »

Copied this from"Facebook Events"! Let's join them!!! In the NYC Area, it's Sunoco, BP or Hess only!!! I can live with that! And no, I didn't Snope it either! FTME!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! :coolblue:

BOYCOTT GASOLINE IMPORTERS
Type: Causes - Protest
Network: Global
Start Time: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 at 5:20am
End Time:    Thursday, April 1, 2010 at 12:20pm
Description:
Boycott Imported gasoline for 4 months and watch how fast gasoline prices will come down and our economy will rebound in that part of the spectrum...Don't play into the price conditioning and economic mind games big business from over sea's plays with you with each day.

WHERE TO BUY AMERICAN GASOLINE. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW. READ ON. Take 5 minutes to read this at least walk away more informed.

Gas rationing in the 70's worked even though we grumbled about it. It might even have been good for us!

Are you aware that the Saudis are boycotting American products? In addition, they are gouging us on oil prices.
Shouldn't we return the favor? Can't we take control of our own destiny and let these giant oil importers know who REALLY generates their profits, their livings? How about leaving American Dollars in America and reduce the import/export deficit?
An appealing remedy might be to boycott their GAS. Every time you fill up your car you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia . Just purchase gas from companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.
Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill up my tank, I'm sending my money to people who I get the impression want me, my family and my friends dead. The following gas companies import Middle Eastern oil:

Shell.................................... 205,742,000 barrels
Chevron/Texaco.................... 144,332,000 barrels
Exxon /Mobil......................... 130,082,000 barrels
Marathon/Speedway............. 117,740,000 barrels
Amoco................................... 62,231,000 barrels
And CITGO oil is imported from Venezuela by Dictator Hugo Chavez who hates America and openly avows our economic destruction! (We pay Chavez's regime nearly $10 Billion per year in oil revenues!)

The U.S. currently imports 5,517,000 barrels of crude oil per day from OPEC. If you do the math at $100 per barrel, that's over $550 million PER DAY ($200 BILLION per year!) handed over to OPEC, many of whose members are our confirmed enemies!!!!! It won't stop here - oil prices could go to $200 a barrel or higher if we keep buying their product.

Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:
Sunoco..........................0 barrels
Conoco........................0 barrels
0ASinclair........................0 barrels
BP / Phillips................. 0 barrels
Hess.............................0 barrels
ARC0.............................0 barrels
Maverick.........................0 barrels
Flying J..........................0 barrels
Valero..........................0 barrels
Murphy Oil USA*.........0 barrels
*Sold at Wal-Mart , gas is from South Arkansas and fully USA owned and produced.
*Not only that but they give scholarships to all children in their town who finish high school and are legal US citizens..

All of this information is available from the U.S. Department of Energy and each company is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing.

But to have a real impact, we need to reach literally millions of gas buyers With the help of the internet, it's really simple to do. Now, don't wimp out at this point....keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I'm sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at only ten more (30 x 10 = 300)...and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)....and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!!!!!!!

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it...THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE-the entire population of the United States of America !!!!

Again, all you have to do is forward this message to 10 people. How long would that really take you? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people, within one day all 300 MILLION people could theoretically be contacted during the next eight days
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 06:35:02 PM by Hoist! »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
Re: BOYCOTT GASOLINE IMPORTERS!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 06:38:15 PM »

Yeah, it use to be about funding the terrorist, now it's about lowering our gas prices.  This has been around since atleast 2005......

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/saudigas.asp

slamr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 Sunset Orange / Sunset Black Fade
    • CVO2: 2010 Concord FLHXSE - Sold
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 06:40:20 PM »

It seems to resurface every year with some new twist. . . . . .

SteveFLHTK

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2013 Tri Glide

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUTG
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 06:43:04 PM »

Doesn't leave us in TN many options, the only one we have a lot of is BP.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 06:55:55 PM »

Think what youze want about the whys and wherefores! But if the following part of it is true, that's good enough for me! Really don't GAS if it's been around before or for what reason! FTME!!! and FV!!! ;)

"The following gas companies import Middle Eastern oil:

And CITGO oil is imported from Venezuela by Dictator Hugo Chavez who hates America and openly avows our economic destruction! (We pay Chavez's regime nearly $10 Billion per year in oil revenues!)"

"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

2harleys

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus
    • CVO2: FLSTFSE2 Wife's bike
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 07:06:59 PM »

Conoco and Valero is all I buy in Colo. But when travelling sometimes that do not work.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 07:44:37 PM »

Didn't BP buy Amoco?? :nixweiss:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 08:01:15 PM »

Didn't BP buy Amoco?? :nixweiss:

That's what a google search says - BP buys Amoco. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 09:41:27 PM »

Think what youze want about the whys and wherefores! But if the following part of it is true, that's good enough for me! Really don't GAS if it's been around before or for what reason! FTME!!! and FV!!! ;)

"The following gas companies import Middle Eastern oil:

And CITGO oil is imported from Venezuela by Dictator Hugo Chavez who hates America and openly avows our economic destruction! (We pay Chavez's regime nearly $10 Billion per year in oil revenues!)"

You should realize those numbers are identical to the numbers from 2005 that Snopes is showing.......

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 09:56:41 PM »

You should realize those numbers are identical to the numbers from 2005 that Snopes is showing.......

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 10:42:22 PM »

After checking on Snopes a few years ago, the finding is:  somebody should do a snopes check on snopes.

Their info is many times biased as well as not factual, and they have an agenda besides. The couple who own/operate Snopes in fact used to flood different places with false stories so they could later debunk them.  Let the reader there beware.

Just because you read something on the internet, even at snopes, does not have much to do with whether or not it is true or not. My opinion as well as many others.

Buying US oil is always a good idea, for a number of reasons beyond just supporting our economy instead of other countries economies.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 10:45:30 PM by iski »
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 11:46:56 PM »

There used to be an email floating around saying don't trust Snopes and to see correct info at Truth or Fiction website instead. That email was false and this is some interesting comments about both websites :
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/s/snopes.htm

I have seen the gas email before. From what I have seen and read gas boycotts don't work very well since people will buy gas where it's convenient and won't give up driving etc. The gas that is imported would probably be sold wholesale to the other stations when their supply can't keep up with the increased demand. The busy stations would probably increase prices due to increased demands, sort of like what they do during summer vacations and driving increases.
Or the import gas companies could just sell to India or China where car and motorcycle sales are booming.They won't loose money.

southtxcruiser

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO2: 1990 Heritage Softail
    • CVO3: 2005 Saxon Sceptre
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2010, 11:50:20 PM »

snopes is bias.... they are funded by grants by guess who oil companies...

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2010, 05:17:35 AM »

Yeah ya'll are right, snopes is wrong on this one, just because the number of barrels is identical to 2005, it could just be coincidence, maybe they bought the exact same amount again.  This is actually the first time I've ever seen this particular boycott post, it's great, whoever came up with the idea is a genius.  Too bad I have to buy gas based on convenience, I do believe there is a Valero in Delaware I could drive to when I need gas, should be 100-150 mile round-trip everytime, no big deal.

I put it in bold so it would be believeable on the internet.....

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2010, 07:47:31 AM »

Valero buys sour oil from Venezuela too and refines it in Aruba.  It is how they got so big....

Chevron pumps lots from Africa, the north slope and the gulf...refines alot in the SF bay area.

Dont matter, Aramco is big, bigger than you think.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.256 seconds with 21 queries.