Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Honey Badger finally has some half-decent digs!  (Read 10805 times)

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
Honey Badger finally has some half-decent digs!
« on: April 11, 2013, 10:18:52 AM »

Well, I FINALLY got around to setting up the Badger Den Garage and Lounge this week... What do you think? I painted the entire garage in a blue gray called "Porpoise", and installed some wainscoting using some leftover paneling that was sitting in the basement.

My wife's little Ninja 650, Marvin, now has his own space, too!

I'm planning to do the floor in those nice RaceDeck Tiles... with a lot of orange of course, and maybe black and white checkerboard in the parking areas like this...

Or maybe this...

I also spent that last few months outfitting the living area in the basement into the new Badger Den Man Cave! Painted the room and adjoining kitchen, installed and painted nice new trim work, and laid 580 sq ft of black and white checkerboard ceramic tile down there after removing three different types of floor covering, removing the adhesives with some nasty methylene chloride adhesive remover, and grinding the entire area with a diamond cup on my angle grinder to make sure the tile mortar would stick well. Sue got my money's worth out of the pro respirator I had to buy for this job!

One thing I learned from this experience is to never, ever, EVER lay ceramic tile again!!! My left hand and arm got all numb when was in bed at night and felt like it was on FIRE! Didn't sleep well for several weeks. Seeing a chiropractor for awhile helped douse the flames.

Its not finished yet. I am also planning to build a nice bar for the Cave. I have 100 board feet of nice cherry, and a bunch of cherry veneer, sitting in my workshop. Gotta get started on that soon! And were thinking we will get a bar shuffleboard table to go along the windows, and a poker table or some seating.

Would YOU party here?

Before (boring)...

After!

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Mandrew13

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTSE
Re: Honey Badger finally has some half-decent digs!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 10:32:18 AM »

Yes, that looks like a great place to party.
Great work on both spaces.
I am in the process of ordering some racedeck tiles- so far, their customer service has been outstanding.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 11:21:21 AM »

Sure when is the party?????
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 11:28:24 AM »

Hmmm... Well, I am having the pool opened up tomorrow, so I'm running out of excuses, I guess!

Hopefully it won't cost a friggin' fortune to get it running again. We bought this place last October (short sale), and the pool hasn't been run in at least 18 months or more. I am having the pool company convert it to salt water because I have heard great things about salt water pools.

Ken

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
The Wizard's Tune

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 11:32:26 AM »

Wow Sweet !!! Looks GREAT Brother !!!!
DND

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 12:46:50 PM »

Wow Sweet !!! Looks GREAT Brother !!!!

Thanks, Dante!

My wife calls this house The Money Pit already...

It's been a lot more work than I ever imagined it would be just getting to this point. I spent about two weeks repainting the entire main floor before we moved in (10 rooms plus a huge main hallway and foyer), and another three days repainting the 2 bedrooms and full bath downstairs after we moved in.

While I was tiling the cave, we had a water leak due to excessive water pressure in the main floor kitchen. The pressure blew the icemaker connection, flooded the main kitchen (cupping the wood plank flooring that now needs to be sanded and refinished), and ran down into the downstairs kitchen right below... soaking the DRYWALL ceiling down there (yes, they had a drywall ceiling right UNDER the kitchen above!)... and part of it fell to the floor. It was all soaked and ruined, and was a big mess to clean up. I had to have a plumber come out and install a new pressure regulator, cutoff valve, and stainless steel braided screw-on icemaker connections, so at least that will never happen again.

New drop ceiling I installed down there...

Ken

The Wizard's Tune

Kilaani

• Scarlett - The Bike On Fire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • CVOH! My Scarlett built 3-13-12, & arrived 6-1-12
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 01:02:32 PM »

Wow, what a difference. Your Badger Den, in particular is an amazing transformation. I am sure with the garage flooring, it is going to be awesome for Buster and Marvin
My first & last CVO, Scarlett, arrived 6-1-12. I always remember my mom while riding.  She had smarts with a spirit of independence & adventure. "You Gotta LIVE!", was her motto; her favorite color red, and she loved BLING.

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 01:23:33 PM »

Ken, Just remember it will be all worth the trouble when it's done !!! I had an Old Timer tell me many years ago that if you own a house you will never be out of a job !!! and that is so true, there is always something that need to be worked on.
DND

ultrarider123

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 02:09:59 PM »

A great quote from one of my favorite movies "Whoa, McClint.  Great Party...Where's the whisky?"

When is the party, Ken?  That looks absolutely AWESOME brother.  Ya done good.  Only way it would look better is if the Honey Badger was RED!  (Just jokin')

I like both of your floor choices but if it were mine, I would go with this floor pattern.  You already have the black/white theme on the tile so why not break it up a bit.  Either one would go great, however.... :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 02:13:09 PM by Haird »

ultrarider123

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 02:15:26 PM »

While I was tiling the cave, we had a water leak due to excessive water pressure in the main floor kitchen. The pressure blew the icemaker connection, flooded the main kitchen (cupping the wood plank flooring that now needs to be sanded and refinished), and ran down into the downstairs kitchen right below... soaking the DRYWALL ceiling down there (yes, they had a drywall ceiling right UNDER the kitchen above!)... and part of it fell to the floor. It was all soaked and ruined, and was a big mess to clean up. I had to have a plumber come out and install a new pressure regulator, cutoff valve, and stainless steel braided screw-on icemaker connections, so at least that will never happen again.
Ken

Wow, the pictures really tell that story on the water leak.  I pictured a mess when you mentioned it but this was a MESS!  Did a great job on the clean-up and repair, however.  "A house is a hole in the ground you throw money in"

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 02:35:24 PM »

Wow, the pictures really tell that story on the water leak.  I pictured a mess when you mentioned it but this was a MESS!  Did a great job on the clean-up and repair, however.  "A house is a hole in the ground you throw money in"

Quite true, Howard! At least it ain't a BOAT tho.

Now that we need to have the kitchen floors sanded and refinished, my wife wants to rip out the carpet in the living room and 2 main floor bedrooms, and have wood flooring throughout the entire main floor. I'm all for that... it's a lot easier to keep wood floors clean with our three dogs running around.

She also HATES the Jenn-Air electric range, and wants to get rid of it and replace it with a 6-burner gas one, and have it in the big center island in the kitchen with a big hood over it. Oh, and she wants granite countertops, too... But we'll have to wait on those for awhile.

I'm still playing around with garage tile patterns. I want it incorporate orange (of COURSE!), but I want a sophisticated looking pattern that doesn't look too Halloween-y. Lots of pattern pics out there on the net I've been looking at.

I'm just glad that I have the skills to do a lot of the work myself... Saves a ton on trade labor.

Ken

The Wizard's Tune

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2013, 03:26:06 PM »

A shame on the water damage after all that hard work. But as you say you've got the talent to make it good again.

That's a great transformation you did there, if I was a little closer I'd come over and crack a cold one whiz ya :2vrolijk_21:        GREAT JOB!!

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2013, 07:09:44 PM »

Great job on the remodel, looks fantastic.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2013, 07:24:21 PM »

A shame on the water damage after all that hard work. But as you say you've got the talent to make it good again.

That's a great transformation you did there, if I was a little closer I'd come over and crack a cold one whiz ya :2vrolijk_21:        GREAT JOB!!

If you come, be sure to bring some good English Bitter with you! We can't get the really good stuff over here...

Ken

The Wizard's Tune

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2013, 07:41:02 PM »

WOW Ken!  You are a man of many talents!   :2vrolijk_21:  Both rooms look OUTSTANDING!   :P.  You sure do know how to paint and pick out colors.  Everything is beautiful.  :). I have a gunite pool that I put in 4 yrs ago and also went with the salt water system.  If you have any questions, give me a shout.
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 21 queries.