Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Honey Badger finally has some half-decent digs!  (Read 10806 times)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Honey Badger finally has some half-decent digs!
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2013, 07:46:05 PM »

Hmmm... Well, I am having the pool opened up tomorrow, so I'm running out of excuses, I guess!

Hopefully it won't cost a friggin' fortune to get it running again. We bought this place last October (short sale), and the pool hasn't been run in at least 18 months or more. I am having the pool company convert it to salt water because I have heard great things about salt water pools.

Ken
I have a buddy that did this to the pool at his old house. One helluva difference. You'll never want to go into a chlorine pool again. You can actually open you eyes under water without fear of burning your retinas out. :2vrolijk_21:
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2013, 08:00:14 PM »

WOW Ken!  You are a man of many talents!   :2vrolijk_21:  Both rooms look OUTSTANDING!   :P.  You sure do know how to paint and pick out colors.  Everything is beautiful.  :). I have a gunite pool that I put in 4 yrs ago and also went with the salt water system.  If you have any questions, give me a shout.

I have a buddy that did this to the pool at his old house. One helluva difference. You'll never want to go into a chlorine pool again. You can actually open you eyes under water without fear of burning your retinas out. :2vrolijk_21:

I have heard nothing but good things about salt water pools. I am using Mirage Pools, which is a family owned company right here in Cumming about 5 minutes from our house, and very highly rated on Kudzu.com.

They are putting in the salt water system for $1500, which is less than a friend here paid for his equipment that he installed himself. I just want it done right, and I don't want to have to worry about it. The pool guy said it will pay for itself in about 4 years in chlorine savings... plus it's a LOT more pleasant to swim in.

The pool also has a big heater that I am going to have them turn on for a few days, to get the pool water up to swimming temperature early. I can't WAIT!

Here's the pool... I have a lot of pressure washing of the decking to do!

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2013, 08:26:35 PM »

Good Golly Ken that is a big pool  :'(   How many gallons?  Mine is 18,000 gal and yours looks twice as big!  You are getting a good deal on the salt water system.  I believe mine cost $2,500.  It will pay for itself in 2 yrs not 4.  All I have added per year is 40 lbs of salt at startup and $ 30 worth of acid per season to keep the PH down.  I have friends that went through over $1 K in chlorine last summer.  The hotter and sunnier the weather the more chlorine they burn and the more money you save.  :2vrolijk_21:

My pool.  Looks like it would fit inside yours.   :P
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2013, 08:44:21 PM »

Here's the pool... I have a lot of pressure washing of the decking to do!

Got beer? I'd say I'd come down and help pressure wash that deck for you but I really don't think you'd want to see me in my Speedo.   :nervous:
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2013, 08:50:53 PM »

Good Golly Ken that is a big pool  :'(   How many gallons?  Mine is 18,000 gal and yours looks twice as big!  You are getting a good deal on the salt water system.  I believe mine cost $2,500.  It will pay for itself in 2 yrs not 4.  All I have added per year is 40 lbs of salt at startup and $ 30 worth of acid per season to keep the PH down.  I have friends that went through over $1 K in chlorine last summer.  The hotter and sunnier the weather the more chlorine they burn and the more money you save.  :2vrolijk_21:

My pool.  Looks like it would fit inside yours.   :P

LOL! Your pool is beautiful, Judy! I don't really know how big ours even is... haven't had the cover off yet. I'll find out tomorrow. I just hope the pump, cartridge filter, and heater all work properly... not looking forward to having to replace any equipment, but since it's been off for so long, I really don't know what will work right or not.

It is kind of stupid big... there is a TON of decking around the thing, too. We're going to put up a pergola of some type later, in an area that isn't even visible in the pic. Someone spent a bundle on it and lost their shirt!

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
The Wizard's Tune

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2013, 08:51:05 PM »

Got beer? I'd say I'd come down and help pressure wash that deck for you but I really don't think you'd want to see me in my Speedo.   :nervous:

Hey Mike, I can't speak for Ken but I need a pool boy in a Speedo.   :'( :P ;D
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2013, 09:11:59 PM »

Uhhhh... You're right! Unless you're built like Arnold in his prime, lose the Speedo!

I will say however that there will hopefully be some nighttime skinny dipping going on around here soon, tho...  Heh heh... Heh...

Hey Mike, I can't speak for Ken but I need a pool boy in a Speedo.   :'( :P ;D

There's your gig, Mike!

The Wizard's Tune

Kilaani

• Scarlett - The Bike On Fire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • CVOH! My Scarlett built 3-13-12, & arrived 6-1-12
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2013, 09:17:04 PM »

Friends of mine switched to salt from chlorine here in Vegas and really could tell the difference. Salt on skin/eyes vs. chlorine chemicals....that's a no-brainer! Congrats on the new digs. We may get a hot tub in the fall.
My first & last CVO, Scarlett, arrived 6-1-12. I always remember my mom while riding.  She had smarts with a spirit of independence & adventure. "You Gotta LIVE!", was her motto; her favorite color red, and she loved BLING.

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2013, 09:32:23 PM »

If you come, be sure to bring some good English Bitter with you! We can't get the really good stuff over here...Ken

After seeing that pool,..WOW,...I think it would have to be a keg of Bitter. Oh ya and not to worry I'm a boxer trunk kind of guy,..  ;D

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2013, 10:13:35 PM »

After seeing that pool,..WOW,...I think it would have to be a keg of Bitter. Oh ya and not to worry I'm a boxer trunk kind of guy,..  ;D

Well, honestly, after a few good pints of bitter I probably wouldn't even notice WHAT anyone was wearing!

Maybe I need a Tiki Bar...

The Wizard's Tune

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2013, 10:18:34 PM »

Friends of mine switched to salt from chlorine here in Vegas and really could tell the difference. Salt on skin/eyes vs. chlorine chemicals....that's a no-brainer! Congrats on the new digs. We may get a hot tub in the fall.

There's a hot tub here too, on the lower deck on the way to the pool. I had it working during the winter, which was very nice... but it sprung a leak about 3 weeks ago. I turned it off and drained it, and now I need to get IT fixed, too!

Money Pit, indeed...

The Wizard's Tune

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2013, 07:30:22 AM »

Very impressive indeed. Great job and the quality and attention to detail is something to be proud of.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2013, 09:12:00 AM »

They are putting in the salt water system for $1500

We have thousands of salt water pools around here, most folks got them installed for free last October.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 10:18:21 AM by porthole »
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2013, 01:18:28 PM »

Very impressive indeed. Great job and the quality and attention to detail is something to be proud of.

Thanks, man! I like to do as much as I can myself, because... Well, I'm just very picky about things. It's a disease... and it gets worse with age.

I'm like that with the bikes, too. It pains me a great deal to EVER have to take them in for service. I don't like the thought of anyone ever laying their greasy fingers on them! Only Mr. Wizard and I have ever worked on the Honey Badger... except for the rear brake switch recall by the dealer, and that STILL galls me!

Ken

The Wizard's Tune

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2013, 01:23:40 PM »

We have thousands of salt water pool around here, most folks got them installed for free last October.

I would say LOL... but there was nothing funny about that storm. I have a friend who is a retired EMT, and he has been up there helping people on 3 separate trips as a volunteer. Each trip was several weeks long. I think he's still up there now, in fact. He humbles me...

Ken

The Wizard's Tune
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 21 queries.