Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8 [All]

Author Topic: Brian's Big Adventure  (Read 15070 times)

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Brian's Big Adventure
« on: December 26, 2006, 07:43:42 PM »

Well,
   Spiderman is at it again,  we were changing handle bars on the pink....um I mean orange bike today.  I took a couple of snaps to post for everyone to enjoy!!!!!   Here we go........BTW,  all in all,  a hell of a fun day.

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Brian's Big Adventure
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 07:49:35 PM »

Now,

I've often heard of watching a couple of monkeys fu@k a football, but never actually seen it happen.  That's BB and bro-out-law Hank (you remember him,  Nice scrathched bag....Marine.......).  Had a good day,  but don't the handebars go in the front??

_Beagle [smiley=cherry.gif]
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 07:50:06 PM »

Well, S. Beagle, everytime you 2 buds get together, some kinda 'project' gets going and when all the shuckin' and jivin' is finished, ya'll have a hell of a time.  Can't wait to see the pics of the new addition.  8-)  har!  [smiley=drink.gif] spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 07:52:33 PM »

And more......

Brian still working on the handle bars!!!!!!!

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 07:55:12 PM »

Brian and Hank still working on those freakin' handle bars............

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 07:58:12 PM »

Can someone tell me where in this picture is the freakin' handle bars????????

I'm confused now..........HELP!!!

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2006, 08:01:12 PM »

I see handle bars on the bike in the driveway.

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2006, 08:02:21 PM »

NOTICE THE BALD SPOT!!!!!

GrandPa BB.......Sorry Bro,  You're sitting across the table from me right now drinking my Makers.........I had to do it!!!!

L&R

Matt

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2006, 08:05:05 PM »

Sorry folks,
   No more pics for now,  bu8t more fun to come!!!!!!!  Stay tuned....

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2006, 08:18:26 PM »

Sorry folks,
   No more pics for now,  bu8t more fun to come!!!!!!!  Stay tuned....

Great pics, will stay tuned...
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2006, 09:25:10 PM »

This is what I get for buying a non CVO bike. It's called a clutch cable and changing it out to the nice braided stainless one H-D Dude sent me involves removing the exhaust system and then the trans end plate to be able change out the cable. What's a complete hydyaulic set up cost- - - - - $600. I had at least $300 worth of aggravation today changin that damn cable. By the way Beags says H-D has really gone cheap on the electrical connections in 07. He was cussin like a pirate all day settin up my new chrome switch housings. All this to gain 2-1/2 " in height on the handlebars with a set of Wild-1 Chubby's. Anyway since we had to take the fairing apart. ( now there's some fun ) we're gonna do the rear speaker kit and UC Style rear lighting. Beags says I should have just bought a UC tour-pak. I think Bill Clinton could tell ole Beags that hindsight is fer sure fer sure 20/20. Anyway the faux-pumpkin is gonna be some cool when we get all this done  [smiley=orange.gif] [smiley=orange.gif] [smiley=orange.gif]

B B

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2006, 09:37:35 PM »

[highlight]This is what I get for buying a non CVO bike.[/highlight] It's called a clutch cable and changing it out to the nice braided stainless one H-D Dude sent me involves removing the exhaust system and then the trans end plate to be able change out the cable. What's a complete hydyaulic set up cost- - - - - $600. I had at least $300 worth of[highlight] aggravation [/highlight]today changin that damn cable. By the way Beags says H-D has really gone cheap on the electrical connections in 07. He was cussin like a pirate all day settin up my new chrome switch housings. All this to gain 2-1/2 " in height on the handlebars with a set of Wild-1 Chubby's. Anyway since we had to take the fairing apart. ( now there's some fun ) we're gonna do the rear speaker kit and UC Style rear lighting. Beags says I should have just bought a UC tour-pak. I think Bill Clinton could tell ole Beags that hindsight is fer sure fer sure 20/20. Anyway [highlight]the faux-pumpkin is gonna be some cool when we get all this done  [/highlight][smiley=orange.gif] [smiley=orange.gif] [smiley=orange.gif]

B B
oh Yeah!  lot's of aggravation between the start and end result, but, well worth the effort.  Even if Beag's is doing his needling the whole way.  It's gonna be a nice ride for sure.   8-) [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]har!  [smiley=drink.gif] spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2006, 10:04:59 PM »

Hummmm, do I see a scratch back there in the driveway?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 10:19:06 PM by MJZ »

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2006, 10:05:53 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2006, 10:16:02 PM »

MJZ,
   That's the way I do ALL my work,  but when you put it in deep freeze.....who knows.  I still have to pay to have the bag fixed,  but it won't happen again.

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2006, 10:23:53 PM »

Last note forf the day,
   The Duetch connectors that the MoCo used from pre evo to 2006 were the balls.  These new high density connectors that they use are a plain pain in the ass (and also a joke,  one connector is a 12 pin,  the other is a whoping 8 pin......WOW,  if you have to make a connector that difficult to get in and out of.........Make the fu$ker 96-208 pins.........I deal with HD VIXI and PIXI connectors that have been around for 10+ years and are easier to work on than these......Get it right MoCo....

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2006, 10:41:47 PM »

Could this be a new parts source? I need to start tuning into the Home Shopping Network. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2006, 11:20:46 PM »

Matt,
Thanks for the pictures and the report. Make sure you get us some nice pictures of the "LD" when it's all done. Knowing BB I'm sure there is a lot more bling on it since I saw it last time. ;D

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2006, 07:58:04 PM »

Well,
   Another day,  I'm still doing the Martha Stewart BS thing.........had the painters in today to finish the bathroom,  so not much happened with BB and the bike,  however we did manage to get the rear wheel polished (um....he did) while I finished the wiring for the HB controls.  Brian had a hell of a lot of fun with the fuel bung cover that he installed (took like 3 hours to get it off.....).  This may explain a little.........Great day.......two men,  fun toys.... (A little Markers and Goose)  mom and baby sis' painting the bathroom (doing the real work). Well,  here are the pics for the day...............Real giggle!!!!!

This project may be done in a month or so..........but it's sure is fun as hell doing it....

_Beagle

BTW,  Has anyone seen the handlebars that started this mess????

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2006, 07:59:54 PM »

I thought we were doing handlebars!!!!!!

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2006, 08:01:37 PM »

Ok,
  We finally found the freakin' handlebars.......Look close!!!

Enjoy your day!!!

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2006, 08:03:02 PM »

OK,
     BB is chewing my ear and I forgot to attach the pic.......but really,  we found the bars......

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2006, 08:29:20 PM »

Ok,
  [highlight]We finally found the freakin' [/highlight]handle[highlight]bar[/highlight]s.......Look close!!!

Enjoy your day!!!

oh yeah, Looks like your garage was the 'bar'.  [smiley=drink.gif] har!  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] spyder

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2006, 08:51:25 PM »

That must be really strong tea to be in such a small glass! [smiley=dizzy2.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

JR [smiley=bananarock.gif]

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2006, 08:56:34 PM »

Check out his eyes.........That's the real tea!!!

_Beagle

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2006, 09:02:43 PM »

Just so everyone doesn't think we drink more than we work, we have a 4 PM Cocktail rule. After the first round Beags has to get the camera out. Beags was a good bro today, didn't bust my chops at all about the fact I filled my gas tank on the way to his house yesterday, so we had to drain a full tank to get it off. Actually we did pretty good, didn't get too much of it spread around. Only casualty so far is one antenna cable. We pulled the end off when we set the inner fairing down on a movers pad on the front fender. Word of advice, if you do this kind of stuff, make sure you use something real thick like movers pads so you don't dent the fender as well as scratch it. S'anyway, now that we've got the handlebars positioned and everything stripped down, we can run the new braided throttle cables, the braided brake lines and hook up the other end of the braided clutch cable I gave myself a fit over yesterday. Beags got all the wiring tucked inside the Wild 1 Chubby's. FYI the new Chubby's don't have flat spots for the master cylinders, they are tapered. Looks great, but I think from the effort we put into pulling the wires through, the inside diameter is smaller where they taper.S'anyway, we can see where the insane wiring harness for the rear speakers plugs in and of course with the bike stripped down we can run the cable back to the rear. In spite of today's pics looking like we went backwards, we are moving forward. Totally weird day for weather here today, rain, hail at one point, more rain, high winds for awhile. Temps yoyoing 20 degrees up and down. Even with other bikes to ride, it was not a day to be riding. So all was good. We'll keep posting pics as we move along.

B B  

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2006, 09:03:02 PM »

Check out his eyes.........That's the real tea!!!

_Beagle
Hope you offered the temp. use of the couch and didn't make him ride home.  [smiley=nervous.gif] [smiley=pineapple.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] har!  ;D spyder

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2006, 09:07:08 PM »

So all was good. We'll keep posting pics as we move along.

B B  
Do it!  'Cause these vicarious projects are lots of fun.....just wish I could be there in person for the 'cocktail hour'! [smiley=drink.gif]  har!  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] spyder

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2006, 09:10:41 PM »

So all was good. We'll keep posting pics as we move along.

B B  

Lookin' good B.

Keep the pics comin' as it goes, should be sweet when you get it done.

Funny your weather is weird, ours up here is too the last few days and now it sucks.

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2006, 09:19:09 PM »

RJob,
    It was actually hailing in the back yard today, and sunny as hell in the front............a first for me in So. Cal...

I've seen it back home in HELL.....um er I mean Connecticut......

More fun to come!!!

_Beagle

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2006, 12:37:40 AM »

You guys look you're having too much fun for just two people.  Need a helper?  I may not be much of a wrench but I can polish and hold beverages!

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2006, 03:24:06 AM »

This is way cool, thanks so much for sharing.  It is almost as good as being there.   ;)

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2006, 09:19:52 AM »

Twolane,
    Come on over!!!

Lets  [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]

_Beagle

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2006, 12:12:23 PM »

Twolane,
    Come on over!!!

Lets  [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]

_Beagle

That's tempting Matt.  You guys look to be having certainly enough fun to justify a wee road trip too.  Got to be semi-productive here for a few days though.  Having to be a grown up so much of the time really sucks.

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2006, 09:26:05 PM »

New update,
   The handle bars turned in to wiring harnesses,  then to breather kits,  then to rear speakers,  then to an ignition switch problem (that BB wouldn't cop too) and ..and ...and ......etc.

All in all a great day,  BB showed up this morning at around 10 or so,  we started work on the freakin' thing.......um I mean LD.  He did however take my advice and get some plain jane orange spray paint that was "close" to the color on LD (pics to follow and worked out great).  We started the re-assembly and had a great day.  The bars are on (freakin' finally),  the chrome do dah's are in place,  a new Doherty Power Pacc is in place (too bad that BB didn't take my advice in the first place.........now he has to re-Dyno.........with the SERT....glad it's not my $$$$  I'm such a tight a$$) and we are about an hour away from actually riding this freakin' thing.  We do still have more to do,  and I won't spoil the fun for the weekend,  but I really want to throw a leg over and RIDE LIKE HELL THIS WEEKEND!!!!!,  so stay tuned and we'll talk about it later.  Here is the pic of the new air cleaner with the (Chevy orange motor paint.....good match to me)....

_Beagle

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2006, 09:29:59 PM »

These were my two helpers today.........ready to lay out parts and look for stuff that doesn't matter....

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2006, 09:31:08 PM »

And after 4pm,  at least they poured from my bar.......

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2006, 09:34:28 PM »

By the way,
    The bar is open.........

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2006, 09:34:40 PM »

Looking good, project moving right along. [smiley=2vrolijk_21.gif] The paint on that breather matches nicely, but showing that made me notice something.

BB you need to get the orange sharpie and do the "Screamin' Eagle" on the heads. [smiley=carrot.gif] [smiley=orange.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2006, 09:37:05 PM »

By the way,
    The bar is open.........

Chit!!! You guys wrenching tomorrow? I figure if I leave now I'll be there by the time you get started in the morning, or at least in the afternoon when the bar opens again. ;D

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2006, 09:41:30 PM »

Come on out,  I have a million AA miles......Bring it on (BIG bonus,  you don't have to fly through Denver)....

_Beagle

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2006, 11:24:15 PM »

Boy I sure am enjoying the pics of the install and all the goodies! I can't wait to see her all together! Big B, you have a sweet road glide that the MOCO can look at for ideas in 08! I'm proud for ya Buddy! Wish I was there! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2006, 01:58:52 AM »

Just wanted to compliment Jim (hd-dude) on the Wild-1 Chubby's and etc he shipped me. First time me and Beags have done a set of bars and had everything we needed up front. No trips to the closest shop for a banjo bolt or a washer or whatever. Jim sent me the Chubby's, braided stainless, throttle cables, clutch cable and brake lines with all the fittings including the T splitter.  Great job Jim Thanks [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Big B

« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 02:01:00 AM by SPIDERMAN »

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2006, 04:39:23 AM »

Looks Great!!!!!! ( the BAR i mean)  ;)

seriously...  nicely done man

Scot

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2006, 09:55:33 AM »

You guys are havin' too much fun.  The best part (after bonding hour) is that you can get in the wind and test it all out.  Up here in 30 degrees and pissin' down rain, sleet, snow, freezing rain all you'd be able to do is keep the bar open and admire your work.

On second thought that wouldn't be bad either, but I'd still rather be ridin' like the license plate frame says.

Thanks for the updates and pics.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 10:11:24 AM by Rjob749 »

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2006, 09:58:51 AM »

You guys are havin' too much fun.  The best part (after bonding hour) is that you can get in the wind and test it all out.  Up here in 30 degrees and pissin' down rain, sleet, snow, freezing rain all [highlight]you'd be able to do is keep the bar open [/highlight]and admire your work.

On second thought that wouldn't be bad either, but I'd still rather be ridin' like the license plate frame says.

Thanks for the updates and pics.

Just remember to:

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2006, 10:52:20 AM »

RJob,
    It was actually hailing in the back yard today, and sunny as hell in the front............a first for me in So. Cal...

[highlight]I've seen it back home in HELL.....um er I mean Connecticut......[/highlight]

More fun to come!!!

_Beagle
Oh thats what they call our state now Matt [smiley=nixweiss.gif]. Hasn't been too bad this winter. L & R Bro.     Out,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2006, 10:57:20 AM »

Hey Big B lets get ol' LD reDynoed so when i get out there in Feb. I have a fire breathing dragon to rip up the streets af Dago with. Will call yoy later today to see how its going. Don't forget to tell Matt the dates to see if he can play hookie from work.  LD is looking good Bro.    L & R     Out,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2006, 03:21:43 PM »

Just wanted to compliment Jim (hd-dude) on the Wild-1 Chubby's and etc he shipped me. First time me and Beags have done a set of bars and had everything we needed up front. No trips to the closest shop for a banjo bolt or a washer or whatever. Jim sent me the Chubby's, braided stainless, throttle cables, clutch cable and brake lines with all the fittings including the T splitter.  Great job Jim Thanks [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Big B

Glad it all fit up well Brian [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif], I really like the AC cover too!

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2006, 08:55:42 PM »

hd-dude,
   The cables and and and..... fit perfectly.......thanks!!!!  I hope this is the last set of bars for BB for a while (he changes bikes faster than I change my underware.....{well, not really since I got married.........but now 10 years ago????}).  It was a fun project and since I don't have the scratch to buy goodies these days,  it's still fun to play with my friends toys for them.... :) :) :)

We still have the tour pak lights and chrome accents to install,  but I'm riding on New Years Day no matter what.

I'll post pics later on LD finished.......Looks really cool and BB is way comfy....

_Beagle

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2006, 09:59:03 PM »

You know, there's so many things I know how to do with regard to working on Harley-Davidsons and yet it always seems like I'm into stuff that needs an eletrical wizard like Beagle to do. The man is just flat out the best when it comes to anything with electicity running through it and he ain't bad with most of the rest of the stuff. I'll admit it, I'm an assembler. I can take em apart and put em back together and I guess like the blind squirrel that finds a nut, I get lucky most times. Beags is a technician. He makes workin on bikes look like precision surgery. Just because we had all the right stuff for the new Chubby's does not mean it went together by itself. Piece of advice here folks, while I believe Road Glides are hands down the best road bike out there, they are BASTARDS to work on.

Hey Brother, there aren't enough words in the dictionary that mean Thank You that I can type out here. The only thing I can think of is to let the 2,900 or so folks on this site know what a great friend and brother you have always been. After I left your house, I gassed up LD found a rap station (yeah, it seemed right you know, big city SoCal freeways splittin lanes and flippin off the cagers) blastin along at 90 or so downshiftin, tachin it up just rappin the pipes and livin large. Brother you gotta ride this bike. Screw the dyno, the Doherty is the balls. LD is one fire breathin monster with that gorgeous new Doherty pumpin air into those SE heads.Jimmy (the tech that did the 103 upgrade) told me when I picked up the bike he had it a little rich so now it's about as close to perfect as you could imagine. . And yeah, the new Clearview might be a little on the tall side, but brother I can tuck in behind that sucker, crank the tunes and flip off the world. The new Chubby's have got just the right amount of attitude and LD just wants to lay down to the the axle nuts goin around corners. No sweat on the rear speakers and lights bro, you got the wires run, I can do the rest.

L&R forever bro
                      B B

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2006, 10:20:39 PM »

Sounds like the two of you got it working really sweet.  And B B got a run down the interstate to boot.

Can it get much better?  Congrats on the project guys.  Thanks as well for the updates and pics cause we all know [smiley=worthless.gif]

Happy New Year

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2006, 10:21:35 PM »

Man that sounds Awesome Big Buddy! [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] I can't wait to see the pictures of all the hard work Y'all have done! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] You have a one of a kind RG for a one of a kind Brother! God's Sweet Love to you Bro ! Happy New Year!!!

JR  [smiley=bananarock.gif]
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 10:22:42 PM by J.Rud »

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2006, 10:10:47 AM »

Q,
    I'm in.  I have to take some vacation before the end of March anyway......See you then.

_Beagle

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2006, 10:11:49 AM »

Here's the proud owner with the finished product.

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2006, 10:13:16 AM »

And he's always complaining that I'm never is any of the pics,  so here's one of me and his bike (go figure).

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2006, 10:31:10 AM »

Beagle,
Great pics. Thanks for putting this thread together. It's an interesting, "day in the life" kind of thread. ;) Now if you could video tape it and get an audio track that would be even better.

Happy New Year!
Ed [smiley=pepper.gif]
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 10:31:43 AM by Special_Ed »
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2006, 10:59:19 AM »

Rjob,
    Did you say 30 degrees??????   Water freezes at 32 right????  Didn't anyone ever tell you that human beings don't have to live like that anymore.......Save yourself......while youre still young......

_Beagle

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2006, 11:42:58 AM »

Brian/Matt,
Scooter looks good, and the smile on BB's face says it all. [smiley=2vrolijk_21.gif] After reading BB's post of the ride after install I can just picture the big ole grin on his face as he was eating up the highway.

You and your families Have a Happy New Year.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2006, 04:39:46 PM »

Great Job and Great pictures! It was a joy to see it come together! [smiley=carrot.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=carrot.gif] I think the rear speakers and lights will set it off even more! Congratulations and Happy New year!

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2006, 08:15:26 PM »

I gotta let you all know that I rode the Big Orange Machine today down to SDHD.  All I can say is that if there are any naysayers out there that are scepictical about the performance increases by switching to  a Doherty Power Pacc (from a SE AC setup).  Stay off those drugs.  I rode that bike before the Doherty and then again today and all I can say is WOW.  Now, I never would have thought that an air cleaner change would make that big of a difference (especially going from one performance AC to another),  but WOW!!!  This thing pulls like a freight train,  lot's of torque.  I was in 6th gear doing around 60 and just twisted the throttle and next thing I know....I'm in 3 figures.

If your out thinking about breathers.......the only way to go is Doherty.

BB,  thanks for the giggle today on 163S

_Beagle

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2007, 02:59:30 PM »

Here's the proud owner with the finished product.

BIG B, YOU LOOK LIKE YOUR READY TO GO RIDING. LOOKS GOOD [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2007, 04:26:43 PM »

Rjob,
    Did you say 30 degrees??????   Water freezes at 32 right????  Didn't anyone ever tell you that human beings don't have to live like that anymore.......Save yourself......while youre still young......
_Beagle

Did I say 30?  I think so......Happy New Year, it must have been the other day

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2007, 04:41:59 PM »

Brian/Matt,
LD is getting there bros!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]Makes me sorry I wan't down there to pull some wire or twist a wrench. Look forward to riding with you guys again, take it easy on the rice burners Matt! Remember one bet only at the blackjack tables, yeah right.
Happy New Year!  
[smiley=drink.gif]
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2007, 05:55:45 PM »

Joe,
   Today BB,  Hank, Cappy and I went pretty much the same route that we went on when you were here (Mrs_Beagle came along too).  We didn't see any rice burners,  but had one hell of a fun day.  I gotta tell you,  riding past Harras,  it was pretty tough to not pop in for my limit of three hands of blackjack (coulda used the gas money).  Let us know when you'll be down again.....

_Beagle

hogasm

« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2007, 09:04:15 PM »

Big B, glad to see that LD is turning into the  machine you wanted it to be [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

You and Beags deserve many  [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] for that project.

Can't wait to see yall in Nelson in July

Brian #14

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2007, 09:15:38 PM »

Brian 14,

Thanks, it's a long road from a stock Road Glide to a full on CVO clone, but with the help of my bro Beags and some cash I had stashed during my convalesence I'm gettin there. Now that Beags has all the wiring done, I gotta get the tour-pak off and drill and cut so I can get the rear light bar and speaker kit installed. After that, a few more chrome items, paint the side panels to match the stripes, get the ghost flames done and I'm done ( and broke too  :D)  

Looking forward to seeing you and Kathy again in Nelson. You two are riding out right ? When do you leave and what's your route? Are you riding with anyone.

Big B

PS,
      Hate to sound like a broken record, but if you've never run a Doherty, you're missing out on some really cheap power increases.

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2007, 10:09:13 PM »

It's my turn now......
You sound like a broken record now.....give it up....enough is enough......get a job....find a life........learn when to leave it alone!!!

Pay back IS  a bitch!!!

_Beagle

BTW,   Put a set of Hookers on that bitch and really have some fun!!!!!!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2007, 10:16:28 PM »

Brian 14,

Thanks, it's a long road from a stock Road Glide to a full on CVO clone, but with the help of my bro Beags and some cash I had stashed during my convalesence I'm gettin there. Now that Beags has all the wiring done, I gotta get the tour-pak off and drill and cut so I can get the rear light bar and speaker kit installed. After that, a few more chrome items, paint the side panels to match the stripes, get the ghost flames done and I'm done ( and broke too  :D)  

Looking forward to seeing you and Kathy again in Nelson. You two are riding out right ? When do you leave and what's your route? Are you riding with anyone.

Big B

PS,
      Hate to sound like a broken record, but if you've never run a Doherty, you're missing out on some really cheap power increases.

Really looking forward to seeing LD again Brian.  It'll be a night and day transformation from how it sat a few months ago.  Glad you're pleased with all the results.  Lot of effort there so you deserve every bit of it.

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2007, 10:31:07 PM »

twolane,
    Come out and see it for yourself........lot's of fun,  Makers and Goose' , a little work on the bikes.....lot's of attitude........same ole stuff!!

_Beagle

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2007, 10:37:43 PM »

twolane,
    Come out and see it for yourself........lot's of fun,  Makers and Goose' , a little work on the bikes.....lot's of attitude........same ole stuff!!

_Beagle

Matt, that might happen sooner than you might have thought.  Very very dear friends of mine are moving to San Diego in the summer.  July actually.  Their move will be ongoing pretty much during the Nelson ride.  If the timing is right I might very well follow Brian down the coast, visit you guys, then finish helping the friends get moved in before heading home.

hogasm

« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2007, 11:16:05 PM »

Brian 14,

Big B

PS,

As of now we are planning on riding out. I want to ride out to Denver then up to around Billings, so I can see Yellowstone. Then on to Spokane, and up to Nelson. of course this will probably change many times before the trip.

Return trip back through Canada, some how, some way.

Crash still needs a breather, might put the Arlen Ness on it and try a Doherty on Bessie. Oh hell it is only money, and we all know that He who dies with the most toys is still dead.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 11:17:09 PM by hogasm »

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2007, 04:03:28 PM »

As of now we are planning on riding out. I want to ride out to Denver then up to around Billings, so I can see Yellowstone. Then on to Spokane, and up to Nelson. of course this will probably change many times before the trip.

Return trip back through Canada, some how, some way.

Crash still needs a breather, might put the Arlen Ness on it and try a Doherty on Bessie. Oh hell it is only money, and we all know that He who dies with the most toys is still dead.

Brian,
       I'm sorta planning on riding to Billings then back across Idaho and over to Spokane and up to Nelson. ( I've got 5 states left I haven't ridden in and am hoping to knock three off the list with this Nelson adventure) If you can give me some idea of the dates, maybe we can do a couple of days together.

B B

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2007, 08:09:08 PM »

Got the rear speakers mounted to the tour-pak after work today. I was already to check out the sound quality and reading the directions I noticed I have to have the radio " flashed" Callled SD H-D and yep they have to hook up my advanced audio system to a laptop and reprogram the damn thing. $40. They really don't want you working on your own bike when you have to re-map your radio for a pair of speakers.

B B

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2007, 12:59:08 AM »

Had an OCD attack this week.

Elvis got a set of Kuryakn Neck, lower leg and mid frame covers.Only thing left for the Big E is the chrome swingarm, rear axle and adjusters. I'm gonna wait till I've got the rear wheel off for a new tire on that, so it could be awhile.  

Los Dragon got chrome rear speaker trim, chrome gas tank hardware, Chrome clutch and Banjo Bolt Ferrules, New Tailfin Mirrors, Gold Flame derby cover,timing cover (actually there's nothing under there LOL) and air cleaner insert.Chrome Throttle cable covers and clip ( 2 actually) yeah yeah yeah I said it was the dumbest piece once, don't remind me - - I'm sick remember Replaced the keyed fuel door with a push button, put the chrome cover back on the gas fitting ( what a freakin bitch !) Chrome jiffy stand cover and chrome rear master cylinder cover. Still haven't put the UC style rear light bar and trim on yet. Something about cuttin big holes in that beautiful orange tour-pak. Got about a hundred chrome socket head cap screws to swap out one of these days. And here's the best part  WIFEY GOT A JOB  Good one too, so now I have A LIST. YES, A wish list  Not to be divulged until it gets ordered and starts going on LD [smiley=orange.gif] [smiley=orange.gif] [smiley=orange.gif] [smiley=orange.gif] [smiley=orange.gif] Joy Joy Happy Happy

Big B  
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 01:00:51 AM by SPIDERMAN »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2007, 01:48:32 AM »

put the chrome cover back on the gas fitting ( what a freakin bitch !)  

Brian, when that cover has to come off again take an allen wrench that fits and cut/grind/whatever it off REAL short.  Short enough it'll make a full revolution without hitting the tank on the upstroke.  Makes that little bugger much easier to get on and off.

(BTW, congrats on the Mrs. finding the new assignment too.)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2007, 02:50:04 AM »

Had an [highlight]OCD attack [/highlight]this week.
And here's the best part  [highlight]WIFEY GOT A JOB  [/highlight]Good one too, so now I have A LIST. YES, A wish list  Not to be divulged until it gets ordered and starts going on LD [smiley=orange.gif] [smiley=orange.gif] [smiley=orange.gif] [smiley=orange.gif] [smiley=orange.gif] Joy Joy Happy Happy
Big B  

Congrats B, good things come in pairs you know.  1. OCD attack  2.Wifey get job.

How sweet it is [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2007, 08:08:38 AM »

hey Spiderman, sounds like a lotta 'bling' on the rides............did you ever get a camera working to post pics?  I'd love to see los dragon w/ the tailfin mirrors.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  har!   [smiley=drink.gif] spyder

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2007, 12:37:22 PM »

hey Spiderman, sounds like a lotta 'bling' on the rides............did you ever get a camera working to post pics?  I'd love to see los dragon w/ the tailfin mirrors.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  har!   [smiley=drink.gif] spyder

Spyduh,
           Bought the little woman a nice Nikon Cool Pix for Christmas. It takes good pictures, but I still don't know how to download the suckahs. Big Daddy's due out heah in 3 weeks. I'm sure he'll have some stuff to post aftah his visit. Maybe he can even teach me to work that theyah camera. The weathah heah is remindin me of Maine. Ever live somewhere where you use cusswords for the weathah ?  Walked outside this mornin and said " this is bullchit " ayuh, thought I was back in Maine I did.

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2007, 12:45:44 PM »

Spyduh,
           Bought the little woman a nice Nikon Cool Pix for Christmas. It takes good pictures, but I still don't know how to download the suckahs. Big Daddy's due out heah in 3 weeks. I'm sure he'll have some stuff to post aftah his visit. Maybe he can even teach me to work that theyah camera. The weathah heah is remindin me of Maine. Ever live somewhere where you use cusswords for the weathah ?  Walked outside this mornin and said " this is bullchit " ayuh, thought I was back in Maine I did.

B B
That's funny.  Was talking to an aquaintance in Anaheim last night.  Said he thought he saw snow flurries and really wanted to complain.  That arctic dip is really messing with you guys.  It's gotta suck getting to 40 degress or less.  Man, all I've got is this beautiful 22 degrees and 2" of ice right now  ;D [smiley=drink.gif] !

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2007, 01:20:10 PM »

Yeah, this global warming/el nino deal or whatever the heck it is .......sure is screwing w/ the weather patterns......It's in the 70's here in Eastern Carolina......I gotta shut this 'puter down and fire  up a V-Twin while it lasts.  I'm outta here!  ;) har!  [smiley=drink.gif] spyder

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2007, 01:25:01 PM »

It's in the 70's here in Eastern Carolina......I gotta shut this 'puter down and fire  up a V-Twin while it lasts.  I'm outta here!  ;) har!  [smiley=drink.gif] spyder

Spyder, you are an evil evil man some days!  [smiley=drink.gif]

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2007, 01:26:15 PM »

Spyduh,

B B

No, this is bullchit...............ususally no worse than the 40's.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2007, 01:30:41 PM »

Spyder, you are an evil evil man some days!  [smiley=drink.gif]

No, this is bullchit...............ususally no worse than the 40's.
Hmmm, obviously you two haven't seen one of my recent posts. [smiley=devil.gif] ;D

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2007, 01:32:39 PM »

Hmmm, obviously you two haven't seen one of my recent posts. [smiley=devil.gif] ;D

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Just went and found it.  You too!!  Dammit!!!  You should just go the hospital and get anesthetized or something.  Stop this cruelty man, you're killin' me!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2007, 01:39:44 PM »

Just went and found it.  You too!!  Dammit!!!  You should just go the hospital and get anesthetized or something.  Stop this cruelty man, you're killin' me!
[smiley=oops.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] ;D [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

BobD

• Senior CVO Member
  • '06 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2007, 02:50:35 PM »

I love this equation. It'll heal most any of us quickly.
OCD attack+winter blahs+wish list
             WIFEY GOT A JOB                  = MORE CHROME
We will be remembered for all the rules we break.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2007, 03:07:08 PM »

I love this equation. It'll heal most any of us quickly.
OCD attack+winter blahs+wish list

[highlight]WIFEY GOT A JOB= MORE CHROME
[/highlight]

Why else should she work ? :-?

B B

On the weather front, pool neede water this morning. Piping that fills is above ground in one place, maybe 18" section. Froze solid !  Water wouldn't run till the sun swung around that end of the house and shone on the pipes. Like I said - - - BULLchit !

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2007, 03:26:55 PM »

The chrome neck cover and midframe covers is a nice touch! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] I would love to see some pictures of Elvis and LD with all these goodies on em. It would be better to see in person, say Hot(damn)Springs maybe..... ::)

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2007, 10:28:57 PM »

The chrome neck cover and midframe covers is a nice touch! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] I would love to see some pictures of Elvis and LD with all these goodies on em. It would be better to see in person, say Hot(damn)Springs maybe..... ::)

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

Ahh  Brother JR   just the man I needed. Say a prayer for me Bro, I need strength to cut big holes in my beautiful expensive tour-pak to be able to put the Ultra-Classic style rear light bar in it.  

Hey, how come we don't have an emoticon of a little guy with praying hands for our brother JR ( and sinners like me sometimes )

B B

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2007, 10:52:41 AM »

"big holes in my beautiful expensive tour-pak"

Spidermann,

I pray for you but
 [smiley=worthless.gif]
of the holes, of course ! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2007, 11:03:58 AM »

The service manager at Hacienda HD took mine home before cutting the hole.  Wouldn't be surprised if he had a little liquid fortification before making the first cut.  Turned out great and the extra visibility is terrific.  While there you might want to consider installing the backoff or similar product to modulate those new lights.   Good luck!      
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2007, 11:58:11 AM »

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

JR, if you ask him again maybe he'll bring Beagle too?  Doesn't the math work out like if two guys make the same trip it's only half as far  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] ?  

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2007, 12:04:39 PM »

Ahh  Brother JR   just the man I needed. Say a prayer for me Bro, I need strength to cut big holes in my beautiful expensive tour-pak to be able to put the Ultra-Classic style rear light bar in it.  

B B

Brian, is this something you actually already have the parts for?  Or a task you're still trying to get up the courage to begin?  

I know it's a sacrilege, perhaps even a heresy, to say around here but orange has never been on of my favorite colors.  But LD just shines man.  That bike is big and beautiful and glows like a sun on two wheels.  

Do you really want to cut holes in that and do you really want to clutter up the lines you've created?  It may look great with the lights hanging off the bike.  But it may not look as good either.  Sometimes if it ain't broke, and it's already hot, it might be worth just leaving it alone?

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2007, 12:13:48 PM »

Good point 2ln,
    I like the look of the Ultra Lights on my cherry bomb,  but that's because that's the way I bought it........Don't know if I'd go as far as to chop big gapping holes in a TP just to add some phooo...

In either case,  big man will probably make me do the deed......then kick my a$$ if I screw anything up....LOL ;D ;D ;D

_Beagle
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 12:15:11 PM by domagalam »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2007, 12:22:58 PM »

Good point 2ln,
    I like the look of the Ultra Lights on my cherry bomb,  but that's because that's the way I bought it........Don't know if I'd go as far as to chop big gapping holes in a TP just to add some phooo...

In either case,  big man will probably make me do the deed......then kick my a$$ if I screw anything up....LOL ;D ;D ;D

_Beagle

Matt, I've only seen one of the SEEG's in person that had had the Ultra lights added on.  It certainly is a different look.  I do think that the big back end of the tour pak is a field that's too large when left uninterrupted.  I've just never been sure that the ultra lights aren't too much interruption.

It's not that they don't look ok.  Because they really do.  That's just a lot of "stuff" hanging back there; that's all.  I'm just glad you're the one taking a cutoff wheel to Brian's back end.  Be brave, be brave, and be glad you can outrun him!

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2007, 12:32:11 PM »

Matt, I've only seen one of the SEEG's in person that had had the Ultra lights added on.  It certainly is a different look.  I do think that the big back end of the tour pak is a field that's too large when left uninterrupted.  I've just never been sure that the ultra lights aren't too much interruption.

It's not that they don't look ok.  Because they really do.  That's just a lot of "stuff" hanging back there; that's all.  I'm just glad you're the one taking a cutoff wheel to Brian's back end.  Be brave, be brave, and be glad you can outrun him!

I'd really enjoy seeing someone do something creative for lights on the Ultra TP. There are so many LED solutions out there, someone's got to come up with a really sharp solution to add good lights without that big assembly.

Chief

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2007, 05:04:01 PM »

thers alot of good ideas here

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1132970136

can do brake and turns without too much clutter
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2007, 05:52:15 PM »

Now that I like!
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2007, 07:03:17 PM »

Yeah I already bought the parts and not only that, used the box they came in to ship kruzer his saddlebag guard rails. Anyway, yeah, I'm committed to putting this on. I like the look of Beagle's with the added chrome trim (yes I have that as well)  And no, I'm not gonna get Beags to cut the tour-pak. I can do this, I'm just waitin for the mood to strike. I actually do a lot of my own stuff, just that the stuff that Beags does for me is always ball bustin ass pain royally screwed and difficult. Listening to Beagle cuss when he's workin you'd think he was from Maine. Ain't nobody cusses like folks from Maine. In the wintah, we go outside and let fly with a string of expletives just ta get from the doah to the cah.  Even in the summah when the weathah is good we still swear. " jesus ain't it a nice f_ _ _in day deah "

B B

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2007, 07:38:37 PM »

Now that I like!

looking at some of those options for the SERK

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2007, 10:33:33 PM »

Ahh  Brother JR   just the man I needed. Say a prayer for me Bro, [highlight]I need strength to cut big holes in my beautiful expensive tour-pak to be able to put the Ultra-Classic style rear light bar in it.  [/highlight]
Hey, how come we don't have an emoticon of a little guy with praying hands for our brother JR ( and sinners like me sometimes )

B B

I hear ya Big Buddy and prayers have been sent! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] I had the dealer do mine for a number of reasons. One being I had alot of goodies before my bike came in and they made me a deal I couldn't refuse. Another was if they screwed up it would be shame on them. I figured they done more than me since I never done one! ;D

When I stopped in to check on progress I was a little nervous to see holes in tour pak and they didn't seem square.....but all came out great. I really like the look and I think it sets the back end of my banana off. But that's my opinion and the most important opinion seeing as though it's my scooter! ;D

I think it will look great on the Los Dragon!!!! [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=carrot.gif] Getter Done!! And don't forget the pictures!!! Bless Ya Buddy!

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2007, 10:44:04 PM »

Finished product.....

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2007, 11:11:29 PM »

JR, if you ask him again maybe he'll bring Beagle too?  [highlight]Doesn't the math work out like if two guys make the same trip it's only half as far [/highlight] [smiley=nixweiss.gif] ?  

I don't know if the math pans out quite that way...but it sure makes a trip like that seem shorter! It would be great to meet Matt too! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Y'all Coming???? [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2007, 07:16:55 AM »

I like this !
It's very clean !

Good choice, IMHO !

Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2007, 06:32:47 PM »

Will have a ton of pics of both the E and LD posted when Big Daddy visits in two weeks. Anyway, I bought a roto-zip and did the deed today. Results are gorgeous with the chrome trim package added. The black and chrome against the orange is just beautiful. So I guess that's the end of it as far as upgradin my plain jane Road Glide into an Ultra Dragon Glide. Oh I'm sure that at some point I'll be gettin a set of chrome PM 6 piston front calipers on it and a chrome inner primary, but for the time being, I feel like I'm at where I was pointin at 5 months ago when I bought an 07 Road Glide and mapped out the changes I wanted to make. Twolane's wisdom proved to be dead on in telling me to ride the bike for awhile and let it speak to me. I s'pose it's something I've done before to a degree, but never conciously so. I have to say I feel extremely satsified, probably more so than if I'd bought a SERG and done some things to it. Doing a lot of the work myself as well as the big chunk my best bro Beags did feels good. I'll bet I saved 100 hrs of labor and that 100 hrs was better than time on any shrinks couch. What seems like a lifetime ago I worked hard physically for a living and there's still a part of me that enjoys working with my hands and being able to step back and the end and say " I did that "  So next weekend it's full tilt boogie on Stoneman's bike. Beags scored me a good used inner primary on E-bay and had the outer that fit up overhead in his garage. I'll be updating that thread with all of the different year stuff I'm using to get that project done and back to Stoneman.

Big B
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 06:35:05 PM by SPIDERMAN »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2007, 06:39:45 PM »

Will have a ton of pics of both the E and LD posted when Big Daddy visits in two weeks. Anyway, I bought a roto-zip and did the deed today. Results are gorgeous with the chrome trim package added. The black and chrome against the orange is just beautiful. So I guess that's the end of it as far as upgradin my plain jane Road Glide into an Ultra Dragon Glide. Oh I'm sure that at some point I'll be gettin a set of chrome PM 6 piston front calipers on it and a chrome inner primary, but for the time being, I feel like I'm at where I was pointin at 5 months ago when I bought an 07 Road Glide and mapped out the changes I wanted to make. Twolane's wisdom proved to be dead on in telling me to ride the bike for awhile and let it speak to me. I s'pose it's something I've done before to a degree, but never conciously so. I have to say I feel extremely satsified, probably more so than if I'd bought a SERG and done some things to it. Big B
Sounds really good, spiderman.  Can't wait to see the pics of the Ultra Dragon Glide.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] har!  spyder

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2007, 07:03:28 PM »

Will have a ton of pics of both the E and LD posted when Big Daddy visits in two weeks. Anyway, I bought a roto-zip and did the deed today. Results are gorgeous with the chrome trim package added. The black and chrome against the orange is just beautiful. So I guess that's the end of it as far as upgradin my plain jane Road Glide into an Ultra Dragon Glide. Oh I'm sure that at some point I'll be gettin a set of chrome PM 6 piston front calipers on it and a chrome inner primary, but for the time being, I feel like I'm at where I was pointin at 5 months ago when I bought an 07 Road Glide and mapped out the changes I wanted to make. Twolane's wisdom proved to be dead on in telling me to ride the bike for awhile and let it speak to me. I s'pose it's something I've done before to a degree, but never conciously so. I have to say I feel extremely satsified, probably more so than if I'd bought a SERG and done some things to it. Doing a lot of the work myself as well as the big chunk my best bro Beags did feels good. I'll bet I saved 100 hrs of labor and that 100 hrs was better than time on any shrinks couch. What seems like a lifetime ago I worked hard physically for a living and there's still a part of me that enjoys working with my hands and being able to step back and the end and say " I did that "  So next weekend it's full tilt boogie on Stoneman's bike. Beags scored me a good used inner primary on E-bay and had the outer that fit up overhead in his garage. I'll be updating that thread with all of the different year stuff I'm using to get that project done and back to Stoneman.

Big B

That does sound great! And I also can't wait to see the pics of Stoneman's Bike, and the tranny-clutch-starter coversion! ;) Hoist! 8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2007, 07:26:36 PM »

We love pictures! [smiley=huepfenpinkie.gif]  Can't wait to see 'em! [smiley=bigok.gif]

« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 08:06:03 PM by 103tHunDer »

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2007, 07:30:20 PM »

We love pictures! [smiley=huepfenpinkie.gif]  Can't wait to see 'em! [smiley=bigok.gif]

Thanks Brian #103
                         JR's pics got me to break down and buy the rotozip and do it

Brian #66
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 08:06:24 PM by 103tHunDer »

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2007, 09:58:04 PM »

Thanks Brian #103
                         JR's pics got me to break down and buy the rotozip and do it

Brian #66

Hey Big Buddy! [smiley=drink.gif] That's Great news!!!! Take plenty of pictures please. I want to show my Buddy what you done with LD. I agree with you on yours being better than a SERG. There always seems to be improvements we have to do and you don't have to pay for their screw ups! [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Bless Ya Buddy!

I thought you were Brian #69!!!!  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2007, 11:03:25 PM »

Sidebar here. My youngest who studied Spanish along the way ( high school I think) moved back home from England where she'd been living since she graduated from College last year. She heard me refer to LD as Los Dragon and I got a lesson in proper grammer ( spanish style) Los is plural so it can't be Los Dragon ( I think CVOJoe tried to tell me this with some subtle hints - - - note to Joe, you want my attention, you gotta hit me upside the head ) so anyway it's gotta be Los Dragones which in actuality is kinda cool since that means Two Dragons and that's what's on the bike. If I ever get off my butt and have the ghost flames pinstriped on the front fender,tank, saddlebags and fairing, I'm gonna have Los Dragones lettered on somewhere.

B B

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #112 on: January 30, 2007, 12:25:16 AM »

Sidebar here. My youngest who studied Spanish along the way ( high school I think) [highlight]moved back home from England [/highlight]where she'd been living since she graduated from College last year. She heard me refer to LD as Los Dragon and I got a lesson in proper grammer ( spanish style) Los is plural so it can't be Los Dragon ( I think CVOJoe tried to tell me this with some subtle hints - - - note to Joe, you want my attention, you gotta hit me upside the head ) so anyway it's gotta be Los Dragones which in actuality is kinda cool since that means Two Dragons and that's what's on the bike. If I ever get off my butt and have the ghost flames pinstriped on the front fender,tank, saddlebags and fairing, I'm gonna have Los Dragones lettered on somewhere.

B B

B B, congrats on your daughter being home, but does this mean we have to stop dreaming of the "euro vacation"?

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2007, 04:19:28 PM »

according to google, one dragon would be "el dragón"

"the dragons" translates to "los dragones"

"two dragons" translates to "dos dragones"

maybe i'm just used to seeing Los Dragon now but i think i like it that way if if its not technically correct

ok for a laugh i translated "los dragon" from spanish to english and i got "The Dragoon"

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2007, 10:42:17 PM »

according to google, one dragon would be "el dragón"

"the dragons" translates to "los dragones"

"two dragons" translates to "dos dragones"

maybe i'm just used to seeing Los Dragon now but i think i like it that way if if its not technically correct

ok for a laugh i translated "los dragon" from spanish to english and i got "The Dragoon"

OK Neal, El Dragon it is. I've grown attached to it anyway and LD has so many different connotations beyond Los Dragon that it's really cool

B B
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 10:55:55 PM by SPIDERMAN »
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8 [All]

Page created in 0.495 seconds with 21 queries.