Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Author Topic: Brian's Big Adventure  (Read 15069 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: Brian's Big Adventure
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2007, 06:32:47 PM »

Will have a ton of pics of both the E and LD posted when Big Daddy visits in two weeks. Anyway, I bought a roto-zip and did the deed today. Results are gorgeous with the chrome trim package added. The black and chrome against the orange is just beautiful. So I guess that's the end of it as far as upgradin my plain jane Road Glide into an Ultra Dragon Glide. Oh I'm sure that at some point I'll be gettin a set of chrome PM 6 piston front calipers on it and a chrome inner primary, but for the time being, I feel like I'm at where I was pointin at 5 months ago when I bought an 07 Road Glide and mapped out the changes I wanted to make. Twolane's wisdom proved to be dead on in telling me to ride the bike for awhile and let it speak to me. I s'pose it's something I've done before to a degree, but never conciously so. I have to say I feel extremely satsified, probably more so than if I'd bought a SERG and done some things to it. Doing a lot of the work myself as well as the big chunk my best bro Beags did feels good. I'll bet I saved 100 hrs of labor and that 100 hrs was better than time on any shrinks couch. What seems like a lifetime ago I worked hard physically for a living and there's still a part of me that enjoys working with my hands and being able to step back and the end and say " I did that "  So next weekend it's full tilt boogie on Stoneman's bike. Beags scored me a good used inner primary on E-bay and had the outer that fit up overhead in his garage. I'll be updating that thread with all of the different year stuff I'm using to get that project done and back to Stoneman.

Big B
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 06:35:05 PM by SPIDERMAN »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2007, 06:39:45 PM »

Will have a ton of pics of both the E and LD posted when Big Daddy visits in two weeks. Anyway, I bought a roto-zip and did the deed today. Results are gorgeous with the chrome trim package added. The black and chrome against the orange is just beautiful. So I guess that's the end of it as far as upgradin my plain jane Road Glide into an Ultra Dragon Glide. Oh I'm sure that at some point I'll be gettin a set of chrome PM 6 piston front calipers on it and a chrome inner primary, but for the time being, I feel like I'm at where I was pointin at 5 months ago when I bought an 07 Road Glide and mapped out the changes I wanted to make. Twolane's wisdom proved to be dead on in telling me to ride the bike for awhile and let it speak to me. I s'pose it's something I've done before to a degree, but never conciously so. I have to say I feel extremely satsified, probably more so than if I'd bought a SERG and done some things to it. Big B
Sounds really good, spiderman.  Can't wait to see the pics of the Ultra Dragon Glide.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2007, 07:03:28 PM »

Will have a ton of pics of both the E and LD posted when Big Daddy visits in two weeks. Anyway, I bought a roto-zip and did the deed today. Results are gorgeous with the chrome trim package added. The black and chrome against the orange is just beautiful. So I guess that's the end of it as far as upgradin my plain jane Road Glide into an Ultra Dragon Glide. Oh I'm sure that at some point I'll be gettin a set of chrome PM 6 piston front calipers on it and a chrome inner primary, but for the time being, I feel like I'm at where I was pointin at 5 months ago when I bought an 07 Road Glide and mapped out the changes I wanted to make. Twolane's wisdom proved to be dead on in telling me to ride the bike for awhile and let it speak to me. I s'pose it's something I've done before to a degree, but never conciously so. I have to say I feel extremely satsified, probably more so than if I'd bought a SERG and done some things to it. Doing a lot of the work myself as well as the big chunk my best bro Beags did feels good. I'll bet I saved 100 hrs of labor and that 100 hrs was better than time on any shrinks couch. What seems like a lifetime ago I worked hard physically for a living and there's still a part of me that enjoys working with my hands and being able to step back and the end and say " I did that "  So next weekend it's full tilt boogie on Stoneman's bike. Beags scored me a good used inner primary on E-bay and had the outer that fit up overhead in his garage. I'll be updating that thread with all of the different year stuff I'm using to get that project done and back to Stoneman.

Big B

That does sound great! And I also can't wait to see the pics of Stoneman's Bike, and the tranny-clutch-starter coversion! ;) Hoist! 8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2007, 07:26:36 PM »

We love pictures! [smiley=huepfenpinkie.gif]  Can't wait to see 'em! [smiley=bigok.gif]

« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 08:06:03 PM by 103tHunDer »

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2007, 07:30:20 PM »

We love pictures! [smiley=huepfenpinkie.gif]  Can't wait to see 'em! [smiley=bigok.gif]

Thanks Brian #103
                         JR's pics got me to break down and buy the rotozip and do it

Brian #66
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 08:06:24 PM by 103tHunDer »

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2007, 09:58:04 PM »

Thanks Brian #103
                         JR's pics got me to break down and buy the rotozip and do it

Brian #66

Hey Big Buddy! [smiley=drink.gif] That's Great news!!!! Take plenty of pictures please. I want to show my Buddy what you done with LD. I agree with you on yours being better than a SERG. There always seems to be improvements we have to do and you don't have to pay for their screw ups! [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Bless Ya Buddy!

JR [smiley=bananarock.gif]

I thought you were Brian #69!!!!  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2007, 11:03:25 PM »

Sidebar here. My youngest who studied Spanish along the way ( high school I think) moved back home from England where she'd been living since she graduated from College last year. She heard me refer to LD as Los Dragon and I got a lesson in proper grammer ( spanish style) Los is plural so it can't be Los Dragon ( I think CVOJoe tried to tell me this with some subtle hints - - - note to Joe, you want my attention, you gotta hit me upside the head ) so anyway it's gotta be Los Dragones which in actuality is kinda cool since that means Two Dragons and that's what's on the bike. If I ever get off my butt and have the ghost flames pinstriped on the front fender,tank, saddlebags and fairing, I'm gonna have Los Dragones lettered on somewhere.

B B

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #112 on: January 30, 2007, 12:25:16 AM »

Sidebar here. My youngest who studied Spanish along the way ( high school I think) [highlight]moved back home from England [/highlight]where she'd been living since she graduated from College last year. She heard me refer to LD as Los Dragon and I got a lesson in proper grammer ( spanish style) Los is plural so it can't be Los Dragon ( I think CVOJoe tried to tell me this with some subtle hints - - - note to Joe, you want my attention, you gotta hit me upside the head ) so anyway it's gotta be Los Dragones which in actuality is kinda cool since that means Two Dragons and that's what's on the bike. If I ever get off my butt and have the ghost flames pinstriped on the front fender,tank, saddlebags and fairing, I'm gonna have Los Dragones lettered on somewhere.

B B

B B, congrats on your daughter being home, but does this mean we have to stop dreaming of the "euro vacation"?

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2007, 04:19:28 PM »

according to google, one dragon would be "el dragón"

"the dragons" translates to "los dragones"

"two dragons" translates to "dos dragones"

maybe i'm just used to seeing Los Dragon now but i think i like it that way if if its not technically correct

ok for a laugh i translated "los dragon" from spanish to english and i got "The Dragoon"
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2007, 10:42:17 PM »

according to google, one dragon would be "el dragón"

"the dragons" translates to "los dragones"

"two dragons" translates to "dos dragones"

maybe i'm just used to seeing Los Dragon now but i think i like it that way if if its not technically correct

ok for a laugh i translated "los dragon" from spanish to english and i got "The Dragoon"

OK Neal, El Dragon it is. I've grown attached to it anyway and LD has so many different connotations beyond Los Dragon that it's really cool

B B
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 10:55:55 PM by SPIDERMAN »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 21 queries.