Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Brian's Big Adventure  (Read 15299 times)

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
Re: Brian's Big Adventure
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2006, 09:58:51 AM »

You guys are havin' too much fun.  The best part (after bonding hour) is that you can get in the wind and test it all out.  Up here in 30 degrees and pissin' down rain, sleet, snow, freezing rain all [highlight]you'd be able to do is keep the bar open [/highlight]and admire your work.

On second thought that wouldn't be bad either, but I'd still rather be ridin' like the license plate frame says.

Thanks for the updates and pics.

Just remember to:

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2006, 10:52:20 AM »

RJob,
    It was actually hailing in the back yard today, and sunny as hell in the front............a first for me in So. Cal...

[highlight]I've seen it back home in HELL.....um er I mean Connecticut......[/highlight]

More fun to come!!!

_Beagle
Oh thats what they call our state now Matt [smiley=nixweiss.gif]. Hasn't been too bad this winter. L & R Bro.     Out,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2006, 10:57:20 AM »

Hey Big B lets get ol' LD reDynoed so when i get out there in Feb. I have a fire breathing dragon to rip up the streets af Dago with. Will call yoy later today to see how its going. Don't forget to tell Matt the dates to see if he can play hookie from work.  LD is looking good Bro.    L & R     Out,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2006, 03:21:43 PM »

Just wanted to compliment Jim (hd-dude) on the Wild-1 Chubby's and etc he shipped me. First time me and Beags have done a set of bars and had everything we needed up front. No trips to the closest shop for a banjo bolt or a washer or whatever. Jim sent me the Chubby's, braided stainless, throttle cables, clutch cable and brake lines with all the fittings including the T splitter.  Great job Jim Thanks [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Big B

Glad it all fit up well Brian [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif], I really like the AC cover too!

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2006, 08:55:42 PM »

hd-dude,
   The cables and and and..... fit perfectly.......thanks!!!!  I hope this is the last set of bars for BB for a while (he changes bikes faster than I change my underware.....{well, not really since I got married.........but now 10 years ago????}).  It was a fun project and since I don't have the scratch to buy goodies these days,  it's still fun to play with my friends toys for them.... :) :) :)

We still have the tour pak lights and chrome accents to install,  but I'm riding on New Years Day no matter what.

I'll post pics later on LD finished.......Looks really cool and BB is way comfy....

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2006, 09:59:03 PM »

You know, there's so many things I know how to do with regard to working on Harley-Davidsons and yet it always seems like I'm into stuff that needs an eletrical wizard like Beagle to do. The man is just flat out the best when it comes to anything with electicity running through it and he ain't bad with most of the rest of the stuff. I'll admit it, I'm an assembler. I can take em apart and put em back together and I guess like the blind squirrel that finds a nut, I get lucky most times. Beags is a technician. He makes workin on bikes look like precision surgery. Just because we had all the right stuff for the new Chubby's does not mean it went together by itself. Piece of advice here folks, while I believe Road Glides are hands down the best road bike out there, they are BASTARDS to work on.

Hey Brother, there aren't enough words in the dictionary that mean Thank You that I can type out here. The only thing I can think of is to let the 2,900 or so folks on this site know what a great friend and brother you have always been. After I left your house, I gassed up LD found a rap station (yeah, it seemed right you know, big city SoCal freeways splittin lanes and flippin off the cagers) blastin along at 90 or so downshiftin, tachin it up just rappin the pipes and livin large. Brother you gotta ride this bike. Screw the dyno, the Doherty is the balls. LD is one fire breathin monster with that gorgeous new Doherty pumpin air into those SE heads.Jimmy (the tech that did the 103 upgrade) told me when I picked up the bike he had it a little rich so now it's about as close to perfect as you could imagine. . And yeah, the new Clearview might be a little on the tall side, but brother I can tuck in behind that sucker, crank the tunes and flip off the world. The new Chubby's have got just the right amount of attitude and LD just wants to lay down to the the axle nuts goin around corners. No sweat on the rear speakers and lights bro, you got the wires run, I can do the rest.

L&R forever bro
                      B B

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2006, 10:20:39 PM »

Sounds like the two of you got it working really sweet.  And B B got a run down the interstate to boot.

Can it get much better?  Congrats on the project guys.  Thanks as well for the updates and pics cause we all know [smiley=worthless.gif]

Happy New Year

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2006, 10:21:35 PM »

Man that sounds Awesome Big Buddy! [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] I can't wait to see the pictures of all the hard work Y'all have done! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] You have a one of a kind RG for a one of a kind Brother! God's Sweet Love to you Bro ! Happy New Year!!!

JR  [smiley=bananarock.gif]
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 10:22:42 PM by J.Rud »

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2006, 10:10:47 AM »

Q,
    I'm in.  I have to take some vacation before the end of March anyway......See you then.

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2006, 10:11:49 AM »

Here's the proud owner with the finished product.

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2006, 10:13:16 AM »

And he's always complaining that I'm never is any of the pics,  so here's one of me and his bike (go figure).

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2006, 10:31:10 AM »

Beagle,
Great pics. Thanks for putting this thread together. It's an interesting, "day in the life" kind of thread. ;) Now if you could video tape it and get an audio track that would be even better.

Happy New Year!
Ed [smiley=pepper.gif]
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 10:31:43 AM by Special_Ed »
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2006, 10:59:19 AM »

Rjob,
    Did you say 30 degrees??????   Water freezes at 32 right????  Didn't anyone ever tell you that human beings don't have to live like that anymore.......Save yourself......while youre still young......

_Beagle

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2006, 11:42:58 AM »

Brian/Matt,
Scooter looks good, and the smile on BB's face says it all. [smiley=2vrolijk_21.gif] After reading BB's post of the ride after install I can just picture the big ole grin on his face as he was eating up the highway.

You and your families Have a Happy New Year.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2006, 04:39:46 PM »

Great Job and Great pictures! It was a joy to see it come together! [smiley=carrot.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=carrot.gif] I think the rear speakers and lights will set it off even more! Congratulations and Happy New year!

JR [smiley=bananarock.gif]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 22 queries.