Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Author Topic: Brian's Big Adventure  (Read 15313 times)

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Brian's Big Adventure
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2006, 08:15:26 PM »

I gotta let you all know that I rode the Big Orange Machine today down to SDHD.  All I can say is that if there are any naysayers out there that are scepictical about the performance increases by switching to  a Doherty Power Pacc (from a SE AC setup).  Stay off those drugs.  I rode that bike before the Doherty and then again today and all I can say is WOW.  Now, I never would have thought that an air cleaner change would make that big of a difference (especially going from one performance AC to another),  but WOW!!!  This thing pulls like a freight train,  lot's of torque.  I was in 6th gear doing around 60 and just twisted the throttle and next thing I know....I'm in 3 figures.

If your out thinking about breathers.......the only way to go is Doherty.

BB,  thanks for the giggle today on 163S

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2007, 02:59:30 PM »

Here's the proud owner with the finished product.

BIG B, YOU LOOK LIKE YOUR READY TO GO RIDING. LOOKS GOOD [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2007, 04:26:43 PM »

Rjob,
    Did you say 30 degrees??????   Water freezes at 32 right????  Didn't anyone ever tell you that human beings don't have to live like that anymore.......Save yourself......while youre still young......
_Beagle

Did I say 30?  I think so......Happy New Year, it must have been the other day

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2007, 04:41:59 PM »

Brian/Matt,
LD is getting there bros!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]Makes me sorry I wan't down there to pull some wire or twist a wrench. Look forward to riding with you guys again, take it easy on the rice burners Matt! Remember one bet only at the blackjack tables, yeah right.
Happy New Year!  
[smiley=drink.gif]
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2007, 05:55:45 PM »

Joe,
   Today BB,  Hank, Cappy and I went pretty much the same route that we went on when you were here (Mrs_Beagle came along too).  We didn't see any rice burners,  but had one hell of a fun day.  I gotta tell you,  riding past Harras,  it was pretty tough to not pop in for my limit of three hands of blackjack (coulda used the gas money).  Let us know when you'll be down again.....

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

hogasm

« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2007, 09:04:15 PM »

Big B, glad to see that LD is turning into the  machine you wanted it to be [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

You and Beags deserve many  [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] for that project.

Can't wait to see yall in Nelson in July

Brian #14

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2007, 09:15:38 PM »

Brian 14,

Thanks, it's a long road from a stock Road Glide to a full on CVO clone, but with the help of my bro Beags and some cash I had stashed during my convalesence I'm gettin there. Now that Beags has all the wiring done, I gotta get the tour-pak off and drill and cut so I can get the rear light bar and speaker kit installed. After that, a few more chrome items, paint the side panels to match the stripes, get the ghost flames done and I'm done ( and broke too  :D)  

Looking forward to seeing you and Kathy again in Nelson. You two are riding out right ? When do you leave and what's your route? Are you riding with anyone.

Big B

PS,
      Hate to sound like a broken record, but if you've never run a Doherty, you're missing out on some really cheap power increases.

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2007, 10:09:13 PM »

It's my turn now......
You sound like a broken record now.....give it up....enough is enough......get a job....find a life........learn when to leave it alone!!!

Pay back IS  a bitch!!!

_Beagle

BTW,   Put a set of Hookers on that bitch and really have some fun!!!!!!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2007, 10:16:28 PM »

Brian 14,

Thanks, it's a long road from a stock Road Glide to a full on CVO clone, but with the help of my bro Beags and some cash I had stashed during my convalesence I'm gettin there. Now that Beags has all the wiring done, I gotta get the tour-pak off and drill and cut so I can get the rear light bar and speaker kit installed. After that, a few more chrome items, paint the side panels to match the stripes, get the ghost flames done and I'm done ( and broke too  :D)  

Looking forward to seeing you and Kathy again in Nelson. You two are riding out right ? When do you leave and what's your route? Are you riding with anyone.

Big B

PS,
      Hate to sound like a broken record, but if you've never run a Doherty, you're missing out on some really cheap power increases.

Really looking forward to seeing LD again Brian.  It'll be a night and day transformation from how it sat a few months ago.  Glad you're pleased with all the results.  Lot of effort there so you deserve every bit of it.

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2007, 10:31:07 PM »

twolane,
    Come out and see it for yourself........lot's of fun,  Makers and Goose' , a little work on the bikes.....lot's of attitude........same ole stuff!!

_Beagle

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2007, 10:37:43 PM »

twolane,
    Come out and see it for yourself........lot's of fun,  Makers and Goose' , a little work on the bikes.....lot's of attitude........same ole stuff!!

_Beagle

Matt, that might happen sooner than you might have thought.  Very very dear friends of mine are moving to San Diego in the summer.  July actually.  Their move will be ongoing pretty much during the Nelson ride.  If the timing is right I might very well follow Brian down the coast, visit you guys, then finish helping the friends get moved in before heading home.

hogasm

« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2007, 11:16:05 PM »

Brian 14,

Big B

PS,

As of now we are planning on riding out. I want to ride out to Denver then up to around Billings, so I can see Yellowstone. Then on to Spokane, and up to Nelson. of course this will probably change many times before the trip.

Return trip back through Canada, some how, some way.

Crash still needs a breather, might put the Arlen Ness on it and try a Doherty on Bessie. Oh hell it is only money, and we all know that He who dies with the most toys is still dead.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 11:17:09 PM by hogasm »

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2007, 04:03:28 PM »

As of now we are planning on riding out. I want to ride out to Denver then up to around Billings, so I can see Yellowstone. Then on to Spokane, and up to Nelson. of course this will probably change many times before the trip.

Return trip back through Canada, some how, some way.

Crash still needs a breather, might put the Arlen Ness on it and try a Doherty on Bessie. Oh hell it is only money, and we all know that He who dies with the most toys is still dead.

Brian,
       I'm sorta planning on riding to Billings then back across Idaho and over to Spokane and up to Nelson. ( I've got 5 states left I haven't ridden in and am hoping to knock three off the list with this Nelson adventure) If you can give me some idea of the dates, maybe we can do a couple of days together.

B B

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2007, 08:09:08 PM »

Got the rear speakers mounted to the tour-pak after work today. I was already to check out the sound quality and reading the directions I noticed I have to have the radio " flashed" Callled SD H-D and yep they have to hook up my advanced audio system to a laptop and reprogram the damn thing. $40. They really don't want you working on your own bike when you have to re-map your radio for a pair of speakers.

B B

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2007, 12:59:08 AM »

Had an OCD attack this week.

Elvis got a set of Kuryakn Neck, lower leg and mid frame covers.Only thing left for the Big E is the chrome swingarm, rear axle and adjusters. I'm gonna wait till I've got the rear wheel off for a new tire on that, so it could be awhile.  

Los Dragon got chrome rear speaker trim, chrome gas tank hardware, Chrome clutch and Banjo Bolt Ferrules, New Tailfin Mirrors, Gold Flame derby cover,timing cover (actually there's nothing under there LOL) and air cleaner insert.Chrome Throttle cable covers and clip ( 2 actually) yeah yeah yeah I said it was the dumbest piece once, don't remind me - - I'm sick remember Replaced the keyed fuel door with a push button, put the chrome cover back on the gas fitting ( what a freakin bitch !) Chrome jiffy stand cover and chrome rear master cylinder cover. Still haven't put the UC style rear light bar and trim on yet. Something about cuttin big holes in that beautiful orange tour-pak. Got about a hundred chrome socket head cap screws to swap out one of these days. And here's the best part  WIFEY GOT A JOB  Good one too, so now I have A LIST. YES, A wish list  Not to be divulged until it gets ordered and starts going on LD [smiley=orange.gif] [smiley=orange.gif] [smiley=orange.gif] [smiley=orange.gif] [smiley=orange.gif] Joy Joy Happy Happy

Big B  
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 01:00:51 AM by SPIDERMAN »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 22 queries.