Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Author Topic: Brian's Big Adventure  (Read 15301 times)

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

Re: Brian's Big Adventure
« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2007, 10:52:41 AM »

"big holes in my beautiful expensive tour-pak"

Spidermann,

I pray for you but
 [smiley=worthless.gif]
of the holes, of course ! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2007, 11:03:58 AM »

The service manager at Hacienda HD took mine home before cutting the hole.  Wouldn't be surprised if he had a little liquid fortification before making the first cut.  Turned out great and the extra visibility is terrific.  While there you might want to consider installing the backoff or similar product to modulate those new lights.   Good luck!      
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2007, 11:58:11 AM »

The chrome neck cover and midframe covers is a nice touch! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] I would love to see some pictures of Elvis and LD with all these goodies on em. It would be better to see in person, say Hot(damn)Springs maybe..... ::)

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

JR, if you ask him again maybe he'll bring Beagle too?  Doesn't the math work out like if two guys make the same trip it's only half as far  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] ?  

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2007, 12:04:39 PM »

Ahh  Brother JR   just the man I needed. Say a prayer for me Bro, I need strength to cut big holes in my beautiful expensive tour-pak to be able to put the Ultra-Classic style rear light bar in it.  

B B

Brian, is this something you actually already have the parts for?  Or a task you're still trying to get up the courage to begin?  

I know it's a sacrilege, perhaps even a heresy, to say around here but orange has never been on of my favorite colors.  But LD just shines man.  That bike is big and beautiful and glows like a sun on two wheels.  

Do you really want to cut holes in that and do you really want to clutter up the lines you've created?  It may look great with the lights hanging off the bike.  But it may not look as good either.  Sometimes if it ain't broke, and it's already hot, it might be worth just leaving it alone?

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2007, 12:13:48 PM »

Good point 2ln,
    I like the look of the Ultra Lights on my cherry bomb,  but that's because that's the way I bought it........Don't know if I'd go as far as to chop big gapping holes in a TP just to add some phooo...

In either case,  big man will probably make me do the deed......then kick my a$$ if I screw anything up....LOL ;D ;D ;D

_Beagle
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 12:15:11 PM by domagalam »
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2007, 12:22:58 PM »

Good point 2ln,
    I like the look of the Ultra Lights on my cherry bomb,  but that's because that's the way I bought it........Don't know if I'd go as far as to chop big gapping holes in a TP just to add some phooo...

In either case,  big man will probably make me do the deed......then kick my a$$ if I screw anything up....LOL ;D ;D ;D

_Beagle

Matt, I've only seen one of the SEEG's in person that had had the Ultra lights added on.  It certainly is a different look.  I do think that the big back end of the tour pak is a field that's too large when left uninterrupted.  I've just never been sure that the ultra lights aren't too much interruption.

It's not that they don't look ok.  Because they really do.  That's just a lot of "stuff" hanging back there; that's all.  I'm just glad you're the one taking a cutoff wheel to Brian's back end.  Be brave, be brave, and be glad you can outrun him!

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2007, 12:32:11 PM »

Matt, I've only seen one of the SEEG's in person that had had the Ultra lights added on.  It certainly is a different look.  I do think that the big back end of the tour pak is a field that's too large when left uninterrupted.  I've just never been sure that the ultra lights aren't too much interruption.

It's not that they don't look ok.  Because they really do.  That's just a lot of "stuff" hanging back there; that's all.  I'm just glad you're the one taking a cutoff wheel to Brian's back end.  Be brave, be brave, and be glad you can outrun him!

I'd really enjoy seeing someone do something creative for lights on the Ultra TP. There are so many LED solutions out there, someone's got to come up with a really sharp solution to add good lights without that big assembly.

Chief

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2007, 05:04:01 PM »

thers alot of good ideas here

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1132970136

can do brake and turns without too much clutter
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2007, 05:52:15 PM »

Now that I like!
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2007, 07:03:17 PM »

Yeah I already bought the parts and not only that, used the box they came in to ship kruzer his saddlebag guard rails. Anyway, yeah, I'm committed to putting this on. I like the look of Beagle's with the added chrome trim (yes I have that as well)  And no, I'm not gonna get Beags to cut the tour-pak. I can do this, I'm just waitin for the mood to strike. I actually do a lot of my own stuff, just that the stuff that Beags does for me is always ball bustin ass pain royally screwed and difficult. Listening to Beagle cuss when he's workin you'd think he was from Maine. Ain't nobody cusses like folks from Maine. In the wintah, we go outside and let fly with a string of expletives just ta get from the doah to the cah.  Even in the summah when the weathah is good we still swear. " jesus ain't it a nice f_ _ _in day deah "

B B

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2007, 07:38:37 PM »

Now that I like!

looking at some of those options for the SERK
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2007, 10:33:33 PM »

Ahh  Brother JR   just the man I needed. Say a prayer for me Bro, [highlight]I need strength to cut big holes in my beautiful expensive tour-pak to be able to put the Ultra-Classic style rear light bar in it.  [/highlight]
Hey, how come we don't have an emoticon of a little guy with praying hands for our brother JR ( and sinners like me sometimes )

B B

I hear ya Big Buddy and prayers have been sent! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] I had the dealer do mine for a number of reasons. One being I had alot of goodies before my bike came in and they made me a deal I couldn't refuse. Another was if they screwed up it would be shame on them. I figured they done more than me since I never done one! ;D

When I stopped in to check on progress I was a little nervous to see holes in tour pak and they didn't seem square.....but all came out great. I really like the look and I think it sets the back end of my banana off. But that's my opinion and the most important opinion seeing as though it's my scooter! ;D

I think it will look great on the Los Dragon!!!! [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=carrot.gif] Getter Done!! And don't forget the pictures!!! Bless Ya Buddy!

JR [smiley=bananarock.gif]

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2007, 10:44:04 PM »

Finished product.....

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2007, 11:11:29 PM »

JR, if you ask him again maybe he'll bring Beagle too?  [highlight]Doesn't the math work out like if two guys make the same trip it's only half as far [/highlight] [smiley=nixweiss.gif] ?  

I don't know if the math pans out quite that way...but it sure makes a trip like that seem shorter! It would be great to meet Matt too! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Y'all Coming???? [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2007, 07:16:55 AM »

I like this !
It's very clean !

Good choice, IMHO !

Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Page created in 0.539 seconds with 21 queries.