Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vance n Hines baffles  (Read 1074 times)

Jimbob1970

• 2017 ultra cvo
    • MI

Vance n Hines baffles
« on: April 10, 2019, 07:47:35 PM »

Hello I have a 2017 ultra cvo with Vance n Hines slash cut slip ons.
Way too quiet thinking about removing the baffles any help would be appreciated.
 If I take the baffles out do I need to have anything else done to the bike to run without them thanks

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE: Orange Pearl & Jet Black
Re: Vance n Hines baffles
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 07:53:45 PM »

Factory headlpipe with cat still in?  If so, removing the baffles still may not give you the sound you’re looking for. A true dual headlpipe will make a world of difference on sound, but then that’s gonna open a can of worms with getting the bike tuned and then possibly voiding your warranty.

Tdodson03

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NV

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 09:39:09 PM »

Howdy everyone. I just bought a 19 CVO Ultra a week ago. I traded a 17 ultra limited. I had the Vance and Hines power duals and the high output slip ons. I loved the sound. So when I was talking to the parts guy I asked him about exhaust and warranty. He said they dint care (Harley) as long as you use the Harley tuner. He went on talking about the Harley tuner walnut let you or anyone to tune it out of parameters where it will hurt the motor. If there was a problem with the tune, Harley would have to prove it was the exhaust that did it under some consumer protection laws. I wish I would have talked to him before that and swap ed my exhaust over. :o

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE: Orange Pearl & Jet Black
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 09:57:55 PM »

Howdy everyone. I just bought a 19 CVO Ultra a week ago. I traded a 17 ultra limited. I had the Vance and Hines power duals and the high output slip ons. I loved the sound. So when I was talking to the parts guy I asked him about exhaust and warranty. He said they dint care (Harley) as long as you use the Harley tuner. He went on talking about the Harley tuner walnut let you or anyone to tune it out of parameters where it will hurt the motor. If there was a problem with the tune, Harley would have to prove it was the exhaust that did it under some consumer protection laws. I wish I would have talked to him before that and swap ed my exhaust over. :o

Not trying to argue here but the reason HD voids the warranty when an aftermarket tuner is detected is due to their agreement with the EPA, as opposed to damaging the motor. From what I understand changing the slipons is not a problem but changing the head pipe, and/or using a non HD tuner will get your bike flagged in the HD system and void your warranty.  Once the warranty is voided, it doesn’t matter if your aftermarket parts caused the issue or not, they will not fix it on their dime.  If the warranty is important to you, I’d get a second or third or fourth opinion before I change anything related to the motor.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 10:03:32 PM by SIKBIRD »

Threephase

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Streetglide Starfire/Atomic Red
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 06:19:43 PM »

I was at my local dealer on Monday. Service manager said they had red flagged (5) 2019 in the last 2 weeks due to non HD tuners. Harley is requiring dealership service techs to connect your bike to the HD network before they do anything else. If you have had a non HD tuner, it picks it up immediately and posts a big message in red on the screen. I got to watch them do it, luckily it was not mine. If your bike gets red flagged before the factory warranty runs out, it also red flags your extended warranty. If you wait until the original factory warranty is out to use a different tuner or mods you are in the clear. As stated previously in this thread and others, this is strictly due to EPA compliance and their settlement of the lawsuit a while back.
People call me Left. Because I ain’t Right.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2019, 07:58:36 PM »

It's the same on a new Chevrolet Camaro or Ford Mustang and has been for years. I am sure a group of people will now post they had a performance car did this or that but not anymore.

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2019, 08:03:26 AM »

It's the same on a new Chevrolet Camaro or Ford Mustang and has been for years. I am sure a group of people will now post they had a performance car did this or that but not anymore.

I can attest to that and it has been going on for a long time.    I bought a new 1989 Ford Mustang LX 5.0L Sedan. I bought from the Ford Dealer Motorsports Off Road Exhaust H-Pipe.     Fast Forward a couple of years and the Check engine Light started to come on.   When i took it back to the same dealer I bought it from and from whom I bought the exhaust from, they told me Warranty Void because of the exhaust.   

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 24 queries.