Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help installing interior tour pack light kit  (Read 2360 times)

chipsabiker

• CVO1: 2015 Street Glide Blue/Lava
    • CVO2: 2009 Road Glide Orange (sold)
Help installing interior tour pack light kit
« on: November 01, 2014, 10:42:52 AM »

Took delivery of my Blue and Lava CVO Street Glide. (BTW, There seems to be a run on this color. I'm like the 20th guy on the forum to have one)

I need some help installing lights in the tour pack that just came in.  The instructions for the lights assume the hole in the tour pack power supply has already been drilled from the factory. It has not.

I need to know the diameter of the whole and where its located. I figured if i put the hole in the wrong place it might interfere with future accessories.

Could someone please take a picture, some measurements or shed some light on the exact right location where it goes.
Just don't want to screw up my new $1500 lave tour pack. Thanks!

Bloomer

• May The Four Winds Blow You Safely Home
  • Junior CVO Member
Re: Help installing interior tour pack light kit
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 09:24:47 AM »

I was going to install tour pak lights but didn't want to drill into it.  I went with Boogie led lights on the tour pak instead.  Better look at night and no drilling.
2015 CVO Street Glide

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 09:48:35 AM »

Took delivery of my Blue and Lava CVO Street Glide. (BTW, There seems to be a run on this color. I'm like the 20th guy on the forum to have one)

I need some help installing lights in the tour pack that just came in.  The instructions for the lights assume the hole in the tour pack power supply has already been drilled from the factory. It has not.

I need to know the diameter of the whole and where its located. I figured if i put the hole in the wrong place it might interfere with future accessories.

Could someone please take a picture, some measurements or shed some light on the exact right location where it goes.
Just don't want to screw up my new $1500 lave tour pack. Thanks!

I assume you're going to need an extension harness from the bike to the tour-pak, so perhaps the instructions for that extension harness will have the instructions and hole size.  The hole size will be dictated by the rubber grommet on that harness.

As for location, if no one else has a photo I'd suggest dropping by your nearest dealership with something to measure with and a camera, and see where the hole is located from the factory on the bikes that come with a T-P.

Jerry

Btw, what about the instructions that should have come with the new T-P?  They used to come with templates for drilling mounting holes, holes for backrest pads, etc..  Check with the dealership and see if they got them and didn't pass them along to you.  Or perhaps Harley saved 50 cents and doesn't provide instructions anymore.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 10:26:36 AM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 09:56:33 AM »

You said installing lights IN the TP. Are you talking about the rear run/brake lights or a light to be able to see inside the TP when it's dark?
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 03:52:09 PM »

I was going to install tour pak lights but didn't want to drill into it.  I went with Boogie led lights on the tour pak instead.  Better look at night and no drilling.

Damn.... that certainly is bright!! The lights are underneath the tour pak?

Bloomer

• May The Four Winds Blow You Safely Home
  • Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 04:09:59 PM »

Had Boogie lights put on under the tour pack to make the bike sparkle at night.  Was only wanting two but dealership put three strips under tour pak.  Having one removed and used elsewhere I think.  The engine kit is perfect amount of light along with under footboards.  Pic doesn't do it justice cause of the  reflective shine. 
2015 CVO Street Glide

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 03:23:35 PM »

here's where you drill
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Page created in 0.253 seconds with 22 queries.