Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kuryakyn Mustache Bar  (Read 3161 times)

chriscraig73

Kuryakyn Mustache Bar
« on: May 15, 2009, 01:00:36 PM »

Hello all,

I have an SSE2 that I'm outfitting for a 5000 mile trip. I want to keep it as clean looking as possible so I've elected to go with detachable saddlebags, windshield, backrest, etc. When I arrive at my destination I want to detach all the touring gear and go back to those nice clean lines.

I'm having a hard time finding a method of attaching cruise/highway pegs that I like. I'm 6'4" and while I have the extended forward controls, long rides can be challenging on the joints. The full crashbar is too heavy looking for my tastes and the simple frame clamp-on pegs just don't give me enough distance from the heavy breather to be usable.

I ran accross this adjustable mustache bar from Kuryakyn: http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go/Home.ProductDetail/catID/10/scID/17/IMID/565

I was wondering if anyone has put this on a Springer and if so, could you share a couple of pics?

Thanks!

GaLonghair

• Full CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide
Re: Kuryakyn Mustache Bar
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 06:11:15 PM »

Unfortunately these bikes are not tourers and engine guards or mustache bars just look bad (in my openion). Kuryakyn does make a peg with a fold out extrafoward rest that doesn't look to bad and extends your legs some. See if you can find one to look at as this may be more to your liking!
Lead, follow or get out of the way. But, do something!

Graham UK

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 10:18:45 AM »

Hi, I fitted the kuryakin Mustache Bar to my 08. I am also 6'4" Believe me, it really gets in the way of your feet. I took it off the very next day and put it on EBay. I am always scared of the bike falling over, so I have bought a traditional hoop type off EBay just to try. As yet i have not had time to fit it.
Hope this helps? By the way: I have replaced the stock seat with a "Tallboy" and this makes a lot of difference!

chriscraig73

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 12:30:34 PM »

Hi, I fitted the kuryakin Mustache Bar to my 08. I am also 6'4" Believe me, it really gets in the way of your feet. I took it off the very next day and put it on EBay. I am always scared of the bike falling over, so I have bought a traditional hoop type off EBay just to try. As yet i have not had time to fit it.
Hope this helps? By the way: I have replaced the stock seat with a "Tallboy" and this makes a lot of difference!

Thanks for the feedback. I'm surprised it gets in the way of your feet based on the advertized adjustability. Back to square-one as I really don't want to add a full crash bar.

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 25 queries.