Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: CVO saddlebag decals.  (Read 1105 times)

JR’s 19 CVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY
CVO saddlebag decals.
« on: April 01, 2024, 12:55:33 PM »

Hello all. New to the forum but not to Harleys.  This bike is my fourth ultra since 2008.   

Picked up a low mileage (4,000) 2019 CVO limited.

Bike appears to not have come with the “CVO” saddlebag decals. I see them on some bikes.  I’d like to get a set but the dealer it telling me they are vin specific and cannot order them for me.

My bike is the gray and red two tone. I see the decals on the same exact color combo for 2020.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Best,

JR

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: CVO saddlebag decals.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2024, 02:21:31 PM »

Did you take your title to the dealership to show them?  If they do not know you or your bike, they'll need your title and your ID to verify that you're the owner.

Much of the CVO line of parts is VIN protected.....that's normal.  They do not want people creating fake CVO's.

Is this the bike that you have?   https://worthharley-davidson.com/Showroom/2020/Harley-Davidson/Motorcycle/CVO/CVO-Limited 

Or do you have this bike?   https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2020-Harley-Davidson%C2%AE-CVO++Street+Glide%C2%AE-5030350834
« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 04:13:17 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2024, 04:08:09 PM »

Is that 2020 you see also a Limited or a Street Glide?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2024, 04:47:41 PM »

You said you had a 2019 Limited, there are no CVO decals on the bags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

JR’s 19 CVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2024, 06:47:15 PM »

Yes, this is my exact combo, in your pic.

I’d like to add the CVO decal to the bottom of the saddlebag.  Guess I just can’t get the lettering, being vin specific.

JR’s 19 CVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2024, 06:51:01 PM »

Did you take your title to the dealership to show them?  If they do not know you or your bike, they'll need your title and your ID to verify that you're the owner.

Much of the CVO line of parts is VIN protected.....that's normal.  They do not want people creating fake CVO's.

Is this the bike that you have?   https://worthharley-davidson.com/Showroom/2020/Harley-Davidson/Motorcycle/CVO/CVO-Limited 

Or do you have this bike?   https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2020-Harley-Davidson%C2%AE-CVO++Street+Glide%C2%AE-5030350834

Neither one of those bikes. The second one you listed is a Street Glide.  I have an Ultra Limited.

Did not take the title to dealer.  I called the local dealership.  I’m in upstate NY but purchased this from a dealer in Florida. Bert’s  Black Widow in Port Charlotte.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2024, 06:59:37 PM »

Neither one of those bikes. The second one you listed is a Street Glide.  I have an Ultra Limited.

Did not take the title to dealer.  I called the local dealership.  I’m in upstate NY but purchased this from a dealer in Florida. Bert’s  Black Widow in Port Charlotte.

Yep, I just read in the post above that you do not have the 2020......you have a 2019 and they do not have the lettering.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JR’s 19 CVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2024, 07:04:17 PM »

Yep, I just read in the post above that you do not have the 2020......you have a 2019 and they do not have the lettering.

Thanks. Yes , I like the looks of the decal and wanted to add it but looks like a no go. 

JR’s 19 CVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2024, 07:04:53 PM »

Thanks. Yes , I like the looks of the decal and wanted to add it but looks like a no go. 

Scott7d

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
    • IN

• CVO1: 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2024, 08:11:04 PM »

Getting those made from a shop should be a very easy and inexpensive task. A friend of mine has a 2019 CVO Road Glide and damaged a saddlebag on some gravel. He sent photos of the CVO logo on the other saddlebag to a decal shop. They whipped one up for the other side that looks identical. I could even get the shop name for you.
Scott Matlock
Iron Butt Ride List

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2024, 08:53:56 PM »

Changing a CVO from "as built" in appearance likely will depreciate it's value.....just an FYI.

West Coast GTG   

bigC

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE gone
    • CVO3: 2015 FLHXSE sold
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2024, 09:44:15 PM »

Here is what another member posted that he had made.

Received my custom sized CVO stickers. A good friends of mine at Gladiator Graphics hooked me up. He's got a nice variety of products for the HD world.

Needed a small size to fit at the lower edge of my front fender. Hafta wait for a little warmth to put them on. 3 degrees here in Michigan ain't gonna cut it!
You can find him at Www.etsy.com/shop/electraglideapparel

« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 09:47:48 PM by bigC »
Maggie Valley 2016     MITM ES 2017   WV GTG 2018 
Maggie valley 2017     MITM ES 2018   WV GTG 2021
Maggie Valley 2018     MITM ES 2019   OH GTG 2022
Maggie Valley 2019
Maggie Valley 2022
Maggie Valley 2023

JR’s 19 CVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2024, 09:45:24 PM »

Great point.  Thank you.

In my world, I’m more into how I want the bike to look and perform. None of my bikes have been or will ever be “as built”, respectfully. I’ll be cracking open the cam chest this weekend for the cam install, bearing, billet oil pump, push rods, lifters, cuffs, cam plate, 5.5 injectors, S&S intake manifold, head pipe then off to be tuned.

The 2019’s, except for late model year builds, have the oil pump without the seal. I don’t want to take a chance on reduced scavenging and lead to cooking the motor. This way, I kill two birds with one stone. Upgrade the pump and while I’m in there, do a few more upgrades. I’m not a fan at all of a plastic intake.  Especially with the heat these bikes put off.   My bike was built in May, so it’ll be no surprise that it’s the first gen oil pump.

Have a good night !

I could always heat and remove the bag decal, but would leave the performance upgrades.   I’m 55 and just sold my company and retired.  The face value on paper is not as big of a deal for me now as it may have been 20 years ago.

JR’s 19 CVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2024, 09:50:19 PM »

Getting those made from a shop should be a very easy and inexpensive task. A friend of mine has a 2019 CVO Road Glide and damaged a saddlebag on some gravel. He sent photos of the CVO logo on the other saddlebag to a decal shop. They whipped one up for the other side that looks identical. I could even get the shop name for you.

Thank you, Scott. 

That would be great !  So, you are saying the Road Glide in 2019 had the lettering decal on the bags ?   Hmm. Weird that the Ultra Limited’s did not.

Appreciate it!

JR’s 19 CVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2024, 09:52:30 PM »

Here is what another member posted that he had made.

Received my custom sized CVO stickers. A good friends of mine at Gladiator Graphics hooked me up. He's got a nice variety of products for the HD world.

Needed a small size to fit at the lower edge of my front fender. Hafta wait for a little warmth to put them on. 3 degrees here in Michigan ain't gonna cut it!
You can find him at Www.etsy.com/shop/electraglideapparel

Thank you for the lead.  I’ll check them out, for sure!

Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 22 queries.