Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HDPDPLUS2  (Read 5233 times)

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
HDPDPLUS2
« on: August 13, 2012, 11:47:59 AM »

Vendors, whats the scoop on the new interface? I see Iron Cross on the HD Forum with this so I reckon that's gonna be my source. Checking to see if there is a group buy goin' down or pretty much from the website.
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

Iron Cross Audio

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • Iron Cross Audio
Re: HDPDPLUS2
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 12:19:58 PM »

HDPDPLUS2 has a few changes

Pigtail has been modified. Its longer and eliminates the need for the connector block.
Base kit now comes with a 3.5' iPod cable for handlebar / fairing mounts.
There is a saddlebag quick release kit for those wanting to put the iPod in the bag. (all connections are in the bag, out of the elements)

We are selling both at MAP pricing

$250 for the HDPDPLUS2
$55 for the Saddlebag Quick release

igofar

• Senior CVO Member
  • IBA #27368
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 04:39:30 PM »

Vendors, whats the scoop on the new interface? I see Iron Cross on the HD Forum with this so I reckon that's gonna be my source. Checking to see if there is a group buy goin' down or pretty much from the website.

Did someone say "group buy?"
If you will ship to Canada, I'm in!

Brad

PS, Going on a Pacific Northwest tour end of August.

CVOThunder

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 07:59:17 AM »

Brad, I recommend that you check with Iron Cross and see what he can do for you on shipping. A group buy usually means a discount is expected for volume sales but I think the profit margin on this setup might be nil and this is about the best pricing we're going to see. Not a slam of course, it's just how it works out. If I'm wrong then by bad but I think I'll go ahead and order from Iron Cross. For those who order up and install, please let us know how this system works for you.

Wish I could help you out on getting you a system but I won't be in the Seattle area until around Sept 8th or so.

Cheers
CT
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 08:07:51 AM by CVOThunder »
2007 Softail Custom

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member
  • I used to be a KRYPTO.. Now I'm 1 OF 1

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSEII Dragula 2/1 exh.. Performance Mach airbox..Metalsports 26" front wheel w/6piston singleside brake 13" rotor and matched 18" rear 200 tire..TTS tuner by DOC .. Woods cams and Hi comp pistons.. 600 LEDs hidden PLUS, SONY head unit and gauges all green LEDs to match,500watt ARC amp w/4 Focal6.5 spkrs,Install by Peter @SOUNDZ .. Yafee tag frame . chrome inner/outer primary. greeen gator seat/backrest ..major engine mods 125+ HP and powder coated heads/cyl and diamond cut. homemade rear air suspension
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 08:35:47 AM »

I changed out from OEM to this when it was first released and have more than pleased with it . I leave nano under the seat and its still accessible there and not another cable into sbag .. As ALWAYS .. Iron Cross Audio is great to deal with ..   

Gamma742

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE Red
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 09:34:41 AM »

HDPDPLUS2 has a few changes

Pigtail has been modified. Its longer and eliminates the need for the connector block.
Base kit now comes with a 3.5' iPod cable for handlebar / fairing mounts.
There is a saddlebag quick release kit for those wanting to put the iPod in the bag. (all connections are in the bag, out of the elements)

We are selling both at MAP pricing

$250 for the HDPDPLUS2
$55 for the Saddlebag Quick release

I'd like to join in on the Group Buy so lets get down to business.. What's the "Bottom Line" all I need is what's pictured above in the Iron Cross Audio pic shipped to: San Diego, CA 92128
2017 Road King
2010 Convertible

igofar

• Senior CVO Member
  • IBA #27368
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 01:39:28 PM »

Brad, I recommend that you check with Iron Cross and see what he can do for you on shipping. A group buy usually means a discount is expected for volume sales but I think the profit margin on this setup might be nil and this is about the best pricing we're going to see. Not a slam of course, it's just how it works out. If I'm wrong then by bad but I think I'll go ahead and order from Iron Cross. For those who order up and install, please let us know how this system works for you.

Wish I could help you out on getting you a system but I won't be in the Seattle area until around Sept 8th or so.

Cheers
CT

Yup, cross boarder shipping sucks!!! It gets so damned expensive.
I miss having a buddy just across the border. Just Sayin'

CVOThunder

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 03:59:50 AM »

Curious about what version of ipod has problems interfacing with the HDPDPLUS II. I finally found my short cable for testing as it seemed like the long cable didn't work (or so I was thinking). Originally had the local H-D shop do the install since I was overseas but it never seemed to charge any ipod I attached. So while the bike was in for service this past week I found the short cable and the local shop installed it and said it charges their ipod ok and works fine now. Still not charging my ipod Nano 3rd gen but I haven't tried my other devices. It seems like there's a long list of ipods that are supposed to work so I don't see why my nano isn't charging. I'll try some of my other devices but most have hard drives so vibration would wipe them out. Guess for a test it would be worthwhile to give it a go.

Was just wondering if anyone else has run into this same problem. Seems to play fine but not charging. I'm thinking about getting a newer version if my older stuff doesn't work. Maybe I should call the shop and see what they tested the system with. Premature posting this as I haven't done any other research. Thx.

2007 Softail Custom

Iron Cross Audio

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • Iron Cross Audio
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 07:47:06 AM »

Curious about what version of ipod has problems interfacing with the HDPDPLUS II. I finally found my short cable for testing as it seemed like the long cable didn't work (or so I was thinking). Originally had the local H-D shop do the install since I was overseas but it never seemed to charge any ipod I attached. So while the bike was in for service this past week I found the short cable and the local shop installed it and said it charges their ipod ok and works fine now. Still not charging my ipod Nano 3rd gen but I haven't tried my other devices. It seems like there's a long list of ipods that are supposed to work so I don't see why my nano isn't charging. I'll try some of my other devices but most have hard drives so vibration would wipe them out. Guess for a test it would be worthwhile to give it a go.

Was just wondering if anyone else has run into this same problem. Seems to play fine but not charging. I'm thinking about getting a newer version if my older stuff doesn't work. Maybe I should call the shop and see what they tested the system with. Premature posting this as I haven't done any other research. Thx.

Call us when you get a chance

CVOThunder

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 09:31:12 PM »

Will do. Craziest thing on troubleshooting. It plays 3 devices like it should (itouch, the ipod nano 3rd gen and then my older ipod classic 60gb) but only the ipod classic 60gb will charge up.
None of the other two have the charge indicator. Was thinking that they are all pinned out the same. Anyway, I'll give you a call when time allows. Busy week ahead but thank you for the reply.
2007 Softail Custom

Big Dog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 11:41:04 PM »

Was wondering if and when a lightning cable charging end will be available for the new ipods/iphones?
Randy D
Kristie D, Angel on my shoulders, October 10, 1973-April 16, 2009

Jeevz

• Junior CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE Stardust
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2014, 02:23:36 PM »

Was wondering if and when a lightning cable charging end will be available for the new ipods/iphones?

Just buy the Apple converter cable, works perfectly with both a 5S iPhone and an iPad Mini. Music with playlists and navigation directions come through old and clear.

Big Dog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2014, 12:15:23 AM »

Thanks, I'll look for that one :2vrolijk_21:
Randy D
Kristie D, Angel on my shoulders, October 10, 1973-April 16, 2009

CVOThunder

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2014, 01:15:41 PM »

Just a brief update. As always, Iron Cross is proactive in taking care of problems. Working on sending me a known good cable to test with. Then On the Move returned my call and will work with me on a final solution to correct this. Still troubleshooting this but there does seem to be a difference in older vs newer ipod power. Happy as a clam to have a dialog with all parties envolved. Thank you if you're reading this.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 04:53:15 AM by CVOThunder »
2007 Softail Custom

CVOThunder

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2014, 11:35:25 PM »

Ok, I can close out my posts as the problem is now fixed thanks to Iron Cross and On the Move. It wasn't a cable and turned out to be a module problem caused by hooking up to switched power by the installer (only logical idea I can think of since it was originally wired to the headlights). Very important to hook up as per the instructions. I removed the XM module and put the HDPDPLUS2 in that spot but I guess I should put it back in to have all systems installed should I need to sell. 

Used the 7' cable and then the longer of the two shorter cables which allows me to put my ipod in the left rear pouch in the tourpak.

Once again, thanks for your help.
2007 Softail Custom

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 22 queries.