Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 08 CVO Springer needs floor boards  (Read 4473 times)

scatcat

08 CVO Springer needs floor boards
« on: April 19, 2012, 12:42:23 PM »

I have an 08 springer CVO. They did not come with floor boards. The new ones do. Harley parts guys have not been able to tell me what parts can be installed to do this.
Has anyone installed them on this bike?  Thanks very much for any help with this.

Doug

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
Re: 08 CVO Springer needs floor boards
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 10:26:50 PM »

Floor boards on your springer? Are you kidding us?  Why not get some mud flaps and white walls to go with that.  It's hard for me to understand why some of the springer owners choose to take a race horse and make it look like a plow mule.  Shame on you.  By the way, welcome to the best CVO site on the net, from the beautiful state if Tennessee!  Go introduce yourself on the new members intro and join the fun.    ;D
Jesus is Lord

shortdog

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 07:55:28 AM »

Hello scatcat,

The newer springer with the floorboards is the "CrossBones" That is an entirely different ride than what you have.
Look at your bike on the jiffy stand and try to imagine a floorboard hanging down there. There just isn't enough room from the frame to the ground without sacrificing lean angle for cornering in the twisties.
This has been discussed a few times here and the consensus has been floorboards will not work on this bike unless you want to drag them constantly!

scatcat

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 09:34:34 AM »

Thanks for the replies. This is my girlfriends bike and I actually think it's a huge mistake. HD was able to come up with a $3000 solution my personal one was to trade the bike in. Once again, thanks for the helpful replies.

Staylock

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 07:17:13 PM »

Have you thought of trying heel rests (aka stirrups)?  I added them to my 08 and they are great.

tjp

• 08 FXSTSSE2
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 07:19:04 PM »

Has anyone ever tried out the Heel Raiser Footpeg kit from HD? 

Per HD:  Comfort and cool, clean looks in one. Heel Raiser Chrome and Rubber Footpegs provide a large surface area that lets you change foot position for maximum comfort, and the foldout heel rest provides footboard-style support that relieves calf and thigh tension on the highway. The heel rest can be deployed or retracted with your boot while riding. The sole-gripping horizontal black rubber bands complement the mirror-chrome finish, and add vibration isolation and a rich appearance to the pegs. Heel Raiser mounts to the standard H-D® style footpeg support, so it can be used in many rider and passenger applications

Part No 50178-09 - Attached are the pictures

The rubber on my pegs has become warn and on recent ~300 mile ride my left foot kept getting blown off the peg, so now I am in the market for some new footpegs and felt these may do the trick for adding stability and comfort, but still a peg style foot rest.

Any thoughts?

Dughr

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTFSE '05
    • CVO2: FXSTSSE '07
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 12:36:24 PM »

Someone did it though...

shortdog

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 09:16:19 AM »

Dughr,
We would certainly like to see more pics of the whole bike you posted. I noticed an exhaust header pipe there and would be interested in how that looks overall with true duals!
Thanks,
Shortdog

Dughr

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 09:29:32 AM »

Here is a link to it.  It was on FleaBay when I saw it.  Not my bike...its a bit, umm, decorated.   ???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120945286364&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

Screamin Eagle Carl

• Livin' Large with Loud Pipes
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Harley Davidson FXSTSSE2 CVO Screamin' Eagle Softail Springer
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 09:22:15 AM »

I checked out the modded springer. Very weird looking. I agree, take a hot rod and put a rumble seat on it. I guess the person doesn't get it with springers....

2008 Harley Davidson FXSTSSE2 CVO Screamin' Eagle Softail Springer
Livin' Large

Wild Card

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 10:25:07 AM »

And we now see how mods can de-value a bike.  Wow. 

shortdog

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2012, 08:56:29 AM »

Thanks for the link. Wow! That guy could have bought an old Heritage Springer for a lot less $ and achieved the same results. I bet that thing is a pig to ride!

Dughr

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 05:04:22 PM »

I was shaking my head at that one.  Notice, however, not a single bid.  I hope the owner isn't a member here!   :nervous:

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 05:28:53 PM »

All he needs to add is a CB radio with whip antenna and curb feelers to have the most redneck bike in America!  My goodness, why buy a CVO springer and butcher it up like that when you could have gotten a beater to fix up?
Jesus is Lord

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 25 queries.