Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: WOW! Took Her Out Today  (Read 6390 times)

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
WOW! Took Her Out Today
« on: February 18, 2007, 07:45:40 PM »

Got cabin fever bad, weather has been so chitty lately but the sun came out today and it got up to 35 degrees. Since the SEEG is still in the shop, I disconnected the trickle charger, removed the "percale" cover, put on all my heated stuff and took the SED out for the afternoon. Wow, when I don't ride it for a while I always forget what a rush she is to ride. Felt like a formular 1 racer, great afternoon.
After letting her sit for a while, I always begin to question if I should sell her. All it takes is one ride and I remember why I keep her.  :pineapple: :pineapple: :pineapple: Just noticed the 03 SED does look like a  :pineapple:

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
Re: WOW! Took Her Out Today
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 07:53:57 PM »

Now you get to shine the Banana up again  :bananarock:

Here in Iowa, there is so much chemical on the roads to keep Highways from icing up that I refuse to get my scoot out and ride

Grrrrr....maybe in a few weeks as it looks like all next week we are going to see mid 30's during the day

jeffj

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 08:02:40 PM »

Hey, Mark, glad somebody gets to ride! :sauer019: :sauer021:

Whatcha having done to Ol' Gertie now? :nixweiss:

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 08:13:00 PM »

Got cabin fever bad, weather has been so chitty lately but the sun came out today and it got up to 35 degrees. Since the SEEG is still in the shop, I disconnected the trickle charger, removed the "percale" cover, put on all my heated stuff and took the SED out for the afternoon. Wow, when I don't ride it for a while I always forget what a rush she is to ride. Felt like a formular 1 racer, great afternoon.
After letting her sit for a while, I always begin to question if I should sell her. All it takes is one ride and I remember why I keep her.  :pineapple: :pineapple: :pineapple: Just noticed the 03 SED does look like a  :pineapple:

Let's see, a banana  :bananarock:, a pineapple :pineapple: and since Christmas I look like an apple :apple:. I've become my own Fruit Of The Loom commercial. ;D

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 08:31:26 PM »

Hey, Mark, glad somebody gets to ride! :sauer019: :sauer021:

Whatcha having done to Ol' Gertie now? :nixweiss:

Had Rosey put the GP bearing support bracket on and picked her up last Sunday. She was vibrating like hell when I accellerated in 5th gear, so I took her right back and said I would get her next Sunday. Tim 2 called yesterday and said she wasn't done yet. I think it is kicking their butts so I told him to call GP Monday and if they couldn't get her done without any vibrating, just take the bracket off.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 08:37:51 PM »

Had Rosey put the GP bearing support bracket on and picked her up last Sunday. She was vibrating like hell when I accellerated in 5th gear, so I took her right back and said I would get her next Sunday. Tim 2 called yesterday and said she wasn't done yet. I think it is kicking their butts so I told him to call GP Monday and if they couldn't get her done without any vibrating, just take the bracket off.

If you're getting vibration with the compensator off be sure and get a measurement from them for the end play.  That's one of those things you almost don't want to know.  But you'd rather know now than later.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2007, 08:41:04 PM »

Hmmmmmmm. :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2007, 08:47:48 PM »

If you're getting vibration with the compensator off be sure and get a measurement from them for the end play.  That's one of those things you almost don't want to know.  But you'd rather know now than later.

Thanks Don, I'll call him in the morning.

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 04:50:35 PM »

Wow, talk about cabin fever!  It's supposed to get up to nearly 50 next Saturday in the Chicago area.  However, as Jeff mentioned, there's so much crap on the roads, especially after the snow storm last week that it'll take a few rains to get everything rinsed off.  Man, I'm dying!
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 04:59:39 PM »

Wow, talk about cabin fever!  It's supposed to get up to nearly 50 next Saturday in the Chicago area.  However, as Jeff mentioned, there's so much crap on the roads, especially after the snow storm last week that it'll take a few rains to get everything rinsed off.  Man, I'm dying!

Like Horrece Greely ment to say "Go south young man"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2007, 05:44:34 PM »

Like Horrece Greely ment to say "Go south young man"

MJ, he might've said it.  But then he changed his mind when he saw the results of the first person to hear it being William Tecumseh Sherman  :huepfenlol2: !

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2007, 10:33:24 PM »

MJ, he might've said it.  But then he changed his mind when he saw the results of the first person to hear it being William Tecumseh Sherman  :huepfenlol2: !

Hey that's why so many southerners chew and dip, we are still afraid of fire.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2007, 10:40:59 PM »

Hey that's why so many southerners chew and dip, we are still afraid of fire.

That's why I always ride in the back.

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2007, 11:25:36 PM »

What burbs you from in Illinois? I'm from Palos Heights, I was back with the bike last june and did some riding with freinds, I miss it, but not this time of year!
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2007, 11:42:01 PM »

... Wow, when I don't ride it for a while I always forget what a rush she is to ride. Felt like a formular 1 racer, great afternoon.

I always tell Sassy that the best move I made when I bought the Jester was keeping my '02 Deuce. After riding that big bike then getting on the Deuce... WOW. That is a fun motorcycle.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 24 queries.