Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Windshield For My New '04 SED  (Read 3427 times)

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
Windshield For My New '04 SED
« on: November 08, 2007, 07:48:55 AM »

Hey Guys,

Gettting ready to pick up a nice Cobalt blue '04 and wanted to put a quick release HD windshield on it and noticed that it work work with the tach. What have you all done for windshields?? Did you put dirrerent risers on and move the tach back or???? Thanks Greg 
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Windshield For My New '04 SED
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 11:50:59 AM »

I'm not sure if you can see mine from the avator, but I've got the removable SS windshield and it fits just fine and has plenty of clearance fomr the tach. Now I will warn you that you will have to remove the headlight area chrome filler to add the folk mounts. However, it doesn't look that bad. I actually have been looking at ways to modify the filler to coexist with the mounts, but that has dropped in priority. However, I can see it working, but after cutting the appropriate reliefs, you would have to rechrome, so it'll be a little involved.

Probably more info than you wanted, but I hope this helps.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 12:14:58 PM »

Tex....check out WindVest windshields...I have one on the Vrod, and a couple of my friends have them on their SEFB, and a SE Springer.

They make a nice product...  http://www.windvest.com/gallery/gallery.html

Chrome bracketry is outstanding, and the recurve shield is nice, thick material, so no flexing or vibration.  I don't think you'd be disappointed...it actually adds to the looks of the bike, IMO.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 03:40:28 PM »

Tex....check out WindVest windshields...I have one on the Vrod, and a couple of my friends have them on their SEFB, and a SE Springer.

They make a nice product...  http://www.windvest.com/gallery/gallery.html

Chrome bracketry is outstanding, and the recurve shield is nice, thick material, so no flexing or vibration.  I don't think you'd be disappointed...it actually adds to the looks of the bike, IMO.

Terry,

I had one on my V ROd>> Too short.. I'm 6-3  plus I don;t think the Windvest will work with the Tach>> Thanks Greg

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 03:44:20 PM »

I'm not sure if you can see mine from the avator, but I've got the removable SS windshield and it fits just fine and has plenty of clearance fomr the tach. Now I will warn you that you will have to remove the headlight area chrome filler to add the folk mounts. However, it doesn't look that bad. I actually have been looking at ways to modify the filler to coexist with the mounts, but that has dropped in priority. However, I can see it working, but after cutting the appropriate reliefs, you would have to rechrome, so it'll be a little involved.

Probably more info than you wanted, but I hope this helps.

DO you happen to have the Part # of the Windshiled you used. I'm thinking I'll use that one, Get my little cutting wheel out and notch the plate for the clamps. Already checked on a new one Just in case>> they are 95.00 from HD. Did the smae thing on my '06 V Rod and it worked like a champ>>>> Thanks Greg

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 01:13:29 PM »

Sorry for the delay.

The windshield was the Detachable Super Sport Windshield for Softail Deuce™ Models #57837-00A

I also needed the Softail Deuce™ Detachable Windshield Docking Hardware #58397-00

BTW - I saw a Windvest on a Deuce and it looked retarded, imho. The Super Sport follows the lines very well.

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 06:23:17 PM »

Sorry for the delay.

The windshield was the Detachable Super Sport Windshield for Softail Deuce™ Models #57837-00A

I also needed the Softail Deuce™ Detachable Windshield Docking Hardware #58397-00

BTW - I saw a Windvest on a Deuce and it looked retarded, imho. The Super Sport follows the lines very well.

Amen>> I bought a 100 aniverasy one on ebay , got smokin deal on it except UPS lost it when it got here to Dallas>>>OH well...the story goes on>>>

46knuck

• LIVE TO RIDE, RIDE TO LIVE
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 01:23:47 PM »

I have a Wind vest on the Deuce now and it really isn't doing what I want. Cuts the wind a little but I guess I am spoiled by my Heritage windshield. I will need to change it before any out of town trip or take the Heritage instead.  :-\
2003 Heritage softail
2003 Deuce  SE
1946 Indian Chief
2000 Dyna low rider  (wife)

appeal_it

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2008, 12:34:26 AM »

I have an 04 SE Deuce.  It is the best bike in the world and would never, ever, think about getting rid of this bike.  Harley outdid itself on this bike.  I thought about getting a windshield for it, and actually bought one, but I took it back.  I've been on many long trips on this bike with no windshield.  I've even ridden it in the rain with no windshield.  I had a windshield on the last few bikes, but I haven't missed it on this one.  The only difference is you have to hold on a little tighter.  If you have an SE Deuce don't put the windshield on it!!! It's much more fun without it. :coolblue:   

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 05:47:07 PM »

I have to agree, cruising around town without the windshield is cool. However, running for a stretch at high speed, you really appreciate having one. That's why I think the detachable SS is the best of both worlds. Cruise the blvd without it, and only use it when you need it.

46knuck

• LIVE TO RIDE, RIDE TO LIVE
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 10:32:18 PM »

The 03' Deuce I just purchased came with a Wind Vest and it is of little value. I went ahead and picked up a standared Deuce windshield and mount brackets. It fits just fine after removal of the shield behind headlamp, no issue with the tach. Shield works just fine, but a little funky looking. So in town I will pull it off.  :drink:
2003 Heritage softail
2003 Deuce  SE
1946 Indian Chief
2000 Dyna low rider  (wife)

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.