Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I'm Out of Control !!!  (Read 4135 times)

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
I'm Out of Control !!!
« on: January 20, 2004, 07:38:56 PM »

Good grief! ??? I bought the CVO in order to just not do anything. It made sense in theory. Your'all obsessing about this mod and that mod, this tweak and that tweak, stroke this and stroke that, dyno the horn, bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla. I'll avoid that and remain cool as a cat  8).

OK, installing the battery harness on my bike was innocent enough and considered acceptable, non-obsessive, and understandable. As a sidebar, I didn't hear back from any of you, I might add, with any supportive cudo's such as "Great job Psycho for pulling that mod off without dropping your bike!" Not a nothing.  ::)

Well, back on track here--the heated clothing does need to get done, and of course I'll have to pull that seat off once again to install the freakin harness for that thing. But you see that's no problem because since Corbin is looking at a seat for the Deuce now, I should probably take a look at that as well.  [smiley=confused5.gif]

And I just ordered a windvest (color matched for cobalt blue), we'll see how that turns out.  ??? Hey, and I did that without asking anyone how that would look avoiding the "Now psycho, it's all a matter of personal choice" hollier than thou thing !!!  [smiley=bigok.gif] Did it all by myself 8). Yep, made my own decision.

It's begun--the Harley cult-mod-your-bike-forever syndrome!   I can see it now, chrome cyliner liners and rings, stroked horns and shocks, dyno the power output of the windshield mounted stereo, and of course the commando chip or whatever the hell you call it for increased MPG.  Good grief! [smiley=confused5.gif] I've gone completely bonkers  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: I'm Out of Control !!!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 09:02:40 PM »

sounds like you will have it all except training wheels-just kidding everyone starts somewhere by years end you,ll  be giving advice to newbees on the do,s and don,t while iron butting across country. looking foward to a hook-up who knows where--ak
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2004, 09:11:56 PM »

sounds like you will have it all except training wheels

Hey, good idea. A Voyager System!

rturn2mow

• HOG
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2004, 09:47:24 PM »

Let me know what kind of results you get from stroking the horn.
Rick
'04 Ultra
'02 FLHRCI w/Big Bore HO kit w/SE Peformance Heads, flat top forged pistons, SE257 cams, SE Race tuner, Kerker pipes, SE adjustable pushrods, high performance clutch, SE springs, touring oil cooler and lotsa chrome.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2004, 10:27:48 PM »

Psyco you did a whole lotta typin' and didn't say anything........what we want to know is "do you have your reservations for Sturgis yet??" ;D
« Last Edit: January 20, 2004, 10:29:45 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2004, 10:32:17 PM »

You see, I just can't pull the wool over your eyes!  8)Smoke and mirrors just ain't gonna cut it.  :-/

ashcraft

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2004, 10:12:40 AM »

No, what he really needs is the air-operated training wheels that I saw on a Goldwing, that come down at stoplights so you don't have to remember to put your feet down. With this addition, you can motor till you're really old. (and I'm only 52.)
2K2 SERK, purple
2K3 FF Electra-glide Classic

gvc4

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2004, 02:01:36 AM »

HEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ride it for a season & see if the bike meets your needs. If not then buy all the Harley $hit you can. I bet the stock is more than you can stand.

Sit on your Deuce, SMILE & RIDE like you have a new girlfriend !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your bike is better than most stock.

Please sent any money this saves you to gvc4@aol.com
GVC

Stumpy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2004, 11:28:27 PM »

WOW!! two replies in one sitting, this is good for a guy thats been at a keyboard a total of one hour in the 10 years we have had a computer. Least I degress, my '03
SERK has 17,000 km. and have yet to change anything, but rear footboards. I love the stock torque and hp. compared to my '97 R.K. with Stage 2. It doesn't mean I'm not excited about changing the air in/out, because that will happen with the info on the "right stuff" with the help from this web site.  Oh ya, money will help too, but I spent that on an '03 SE Duece ( 27 km. ), and still stock! As for "In control" or "out of control" both are good on an S.E.  Later...     P.S. which key for spellcheck!

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 24 queries.