Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Power Commander for EPA Regs Coming?  (Read 2420 times)

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
Power Commander for EPA Regs Coming?
« on: February 19, 2004, 08:59:36 PM »

I've been kinda focused on the EPA thing lately. I'm wondering if I should go with the power commander or alternative (in lieu of dealer reflash) so that if/when regs/complaince/ enforcement issues arrive, I can change pipes, air filter, and ECM back to stock in my garage (thus not depend on dealer). I really do not want to do this (I really don't want to tinker) as I will not be doing any engine mods or future exhaust mods (they are more than loud enough for me).

How difficult slip-fits come off? How difficult air filter back to stock? What does ECM recal involve with power commander? Any lap-top do it?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2004, 09:01:19 PM by psychodeuce »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Power Commander for EPA Regs Coming?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 10:02:01 PM »

I've been kinda focused on the EPA thing lately. I'm wondering if I should go with the power commander or alternative (in lieu of dealer reflash) so that if/when regs/complaince/ enforcement issues arrive, I can change pipes, air filter, and ECM back to stock in my garage (thus not depend on dealer). I really do not want to do this (I really don't want to tinker) as I will not be doing any engine mods or future exhaust mods (they are more than loud enough for me).

How difficult slip-fits come off? How difficult air filter back to stock? What does ECM recal involve with power commander? Any lap-top do it?

Psycho leave it the way it is until you're tired of it.  You're new at riding, so you're going to have all the power you can handle for awhile.  When you're tired of it and are willing to take a little risk, then go for it.  JMHO  
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2004, 01:26:20 AM »

Psycho leave it the way it is until you're tired of it.

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2004, 01:36:38 AM »

No sooner than I made this post, I picked up the March edition of American Iron and Dynojet's Power Commander IIIr is featured! Then when I was at the ocean this weekend there was a cable show featuring Dynojet!  :D

Quote from the article. "You're loking to get some more HP, so you punch your EFI-fed twin cam out to 95" and bolt on a freer-flowing air cleaner, a set of hot cams, a pair of great pipes. But instead of getting a fire-breather, you end up with an engine that pops, farts, and stumbles its way down the road."

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 21 queries.