Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: insulted by local dealer on trade in on my CVO  (Read 14864 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: insulted by local dealer on trade in on my CVO
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2006, 10:28:28 PM »

You maybe right, I was just thinking that competition would bear fruit. Until now we had only one real dealer within 120 miles (I guess Little Rock, Ar). I suppose it could just be wishful thinking on my part. Oh well, I can dream.

Just PRAY to the almighty that Rossmyer does not buy up existing dealerships or you'll be wishing you'd never said an unkind word about BUMPUS H-D.

RedFXR2

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2006, 10:45:23 AM »

... Rossmyer ...

I haven't found anybody that lives down here that likes Rossmeyer.  For all the business reasons you cite in your earlier posts.  I also agree that it works in Daytona where there is a constant flow of "rider tourism" dollars to be harvested, plus two annual mega-events.  

I don't know what the economy is like in Memphis but if anything, if Rossmeyer sticks to his established business plan, I would think that it would actually improve business at other dealerships--that is unless they get the idea to follow suit and raise their prices to match his.

The chief criticism I hear down here is that Rossmeyer has no enthusiasm for motorcycles at all--it's all just money to him.  In all fairness, I'm not sure that's valid.  Isn't that ultimately what the MoCo itself is all about?  I mean if the guy can sell his stuff for inflated prices, who can blame him?

Anyway, folks down here don't like him but he sure rakes in the dough.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2006, 12:56:15 PM »

I had a DREAM. [smiley=2vrolijk_20.gif]  But Spidie and Red, you have blown that to hell. :'( :'(  [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif]
Guess I'll go cry in my beer. [smiley=drink.gif] And continue ordering from Chicago. [smiley=multi.gif]

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2006, 01:35:09 PM »

Red,
        My old Bro " Animal " lives in Ormand Beach. He's all lathered up to buy a new 07 NightRod. His current ride is a 1998 Ultra Groundpounder 113" Rigid - - - go figure. Anyway, he's going to either St. Augustine or Ocala for the new bike. Absolutely refuses to buy even a 59 cent tail light screw from Fat Bastard ( " get in my wallet )

Big B

johnlee

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2006, 01:50:03 PM »

Listen to this one. I wanted to sell my 2004 FXSTDSE2 cobalt blue/black (only ran it two weeks) One dealer was going to do me a favor (Detroit HD) they were willing to give me a 2006 E Glide (told me 20000 OTD) or my FXSTDSE2 and 12000 dollars. So don't feel bad mine was only worth 8000.00. I will keep the bike as I got tired of being "low balled" and I will get the bagger either next year or year after.

RedFXR2

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2006, 02:26:09 PM »

Absolutely refuses to buy even a 59 cent tail light screw from Fat Bastard ( " get in my wallet ) Big B

I don't think 59 cents will get you a tail light screw at Rossmeyer's.  Move the decimal point ($5.90) and maybe. ;D

RedFXR2

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2006, 02:32:18 PM »

I had a DREAM. [smiley=2vrolijk_20.gif]

Anything's possible--Rossmeyer may recognize the Memphis market as different turf from Daytona, and adjust his business practices accordingly.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2006, 01:02:53 PM »

Just came from the dealer where there is a 07 blue SpringerSE on the floor. Went by to get a few small items (hundred dollars) and the SE caught my eye. As I was looking, a salesman walked up and said the usual, "that's a real beauty and she needs a good home". I told him I was not in the market because I have an 03 SED that I still thought was the best looking bike I'd ever seen BUT that blue springer looked like a close second to me. 110, 6 speed, warranty, hummmmmm [smiley=nixweiss.gif]. I asked for a best one shot trade price, knowing I would not part with my SED but curious.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 01:04:18 PM by MJZ »

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2006, 01:08:47 PM »

Great to hear!

Just came from the dealer where there is a 07 blue SpringerSE on the floor. Went by to get a few small items (hundred dollars) and the SE caught my eye. As I was looking, a salesman walked up and said the usual, "that's a real beauty and she needs a good home". I told him I was not in the market because I have an 03 SED that I still thought was the best looking bike I'd ever seen BUT that blue springer looked like a close second to me. 110, 6 speed, warranty, hummmmmm [smiley=nixweiss.gif]. I asked for a best one shot trade price, knowing I would not part with my SED but curious.
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

70_GTX

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2006, 01:24:25 PM »

There's a 2003 Black and Gold at one of our local dealerships with less than 500 miles on it. They are asking $20,000 for it. A great looking bike for that price. Just thought I would throw this in for added info.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2006, 01:28:12 PM »

I just don't see how anyone could part with that bike. I know I've tried, just can't do it.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 01:28:40 PM by MJZ »

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2006, 09:15:57 PM »

After much thought, I've decided to keep her. I went by again today to take another look at the springer and I just can't help it, the SED is better looking. The salesman asked what it would take to do business, I told him price wasn't the problem. If you were offering an even trade, I'd have to pass because mine is better looking. He said I hate to admit it but I can't say you are wrong.

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2006, 06:59:52 AM »

[smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

After much thought, I've decided to keep her. I went by again today to take another look at the springer and I just can't help it, the SED is better looking. The salesman asked what it would take to do business, I told him price wasn't the problem. If you were offering an even trade, I'd have to pass because mine is better looking. He said I hate to admit it but I can't say you are wrong.
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2006, 06:15:29 PM »

Since I decided to keep her, I bought her some new bling:

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2006, 06:16:57 PM »

She is now THE BLUE-EYED DEVIL
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 06:17:19 PM by MJZ »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.