Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: The strangest thing you have hit!  (Read 20698 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: The strangest thing you have hit!
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2008, 06:38:10 PM »

Ironic how ur buddies behind the action always take great pleasure in watching ur pucker factor go up isn't it  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

'zactly.  And for some reason they usually want me to lead on rides.  I am beginning to figure out why, it's not so I can get to the beer stop first after all.....    :huepfenlol2:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

resqdoc

• Full CVO Member
  • de oppresso libre
    • MT

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2008, 11:02:58 PM »

Prairie dog
2007 FLHRSE3 with D&D Fatcats, SERT, AK-40 & Bitubo 330 mm, Glide-Pro, Clearview windscreen

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2008, 11:08:21 PM »

Drove over a piece of cloth on the rode. It snapped up on my oil cooler and it turned out to be a G string.

Took crap from my buddies for a whole year

It was black

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2008, 07:29:36 AM »

Like a lot of other people I HIT A DAMN DEER!!!! A very young one. It was very strange as it was in the middle of the day. I even saw momma and the 2 babies. All three crossed the road in front of us. The last one stopped and paniced turned and ran right in front of us. It was ugly. The V Girl was ejected and I got pinned under the bike and slid for about 30 yards I now have a fear for deer!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG 
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2008, 10:34:59 AM »

A box van.....drove right into the back of it.  Hurt like hell for a long, long time.  Surgeries, flat on my back for months, wheel chair for months and finally.........back on my SEEG! :2vrolijk_21:

Over the years I've hit my share of normal stuff, wildlife....birds, rabbit, etc.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2008, 08:56:19 PM »

one day I was riding in town, going about 25 mph, when all of a sudden a dog came out from between 2 houses, mad as hell and running fullspeed.
He tried to bite my front wheel, I ended up running over his neck. he died instantly.
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide
1962 panhead rigid/chopper

comfortablynumb

• Senior CVO Member
  • u can chek out any time u like,but ucan nver leave

• CVO1: 2008 SEUC3 SuperTrapp SE slip ons SE Stage 1 A/C SE Super Tuner Kury LED Brake & Turn Kury Zombie Shift Linkage & Cover Clearview 9.5 recurve Tru Track
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2008, 10:43:16 PM »

That's a great story  ;)
Never saw a coyote pulling a trailer...Wiley coyote maybe

HarleyRider2004

• Full CVO Member
  • 2004 CVO Deuce
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2008, 01:08:47 PM »

one day I was riding in town, going about 25 mph, when all of a sudden a dog came out from between 2 houses, mad as hell and running fullspeed.
He tried to bite my front wheel, I ended up running over his neck. he died instantly.

Better the dog, than you!  Just talked to a guy that tried to miss a dog and went into a ditch...not worth it.

SCREAMIN' EAGLE SOFTAIL DEUCE (FXSTDSE2)

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2008, 01:15:30 PM »

Coyote.....pulling a trailer at 120 mph...in Wall SD.....in 04.......traveling with 2 State Troopers

I was reading through this thread hoping you'd weigh in with the story.

That's a great story  ;)

Please share it Brian.  I tell it when folks will listen but it's better coming from you.   :vrolijk_11:
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2008, 01:19:50 PM »

Axil, I did not have time to have tobacco stains....but damn a 4 x 4 is bad.

When the coyote hit my fairing...it left a bone in my fairing and blood and guts all over me

The 2 State troopers turned around when I exited off into Wall SD. They thought the body organs were mine and tried to keep me on the ground. Then one said that my shirt was not even torn, so they let me up and my buddy washed all of the innards off me with the garden hose....and off we went.

We did ask the ST if we could follow them at the speed they were going :2vrolijk_21:

:oops:  I should have kept reading!

hossdog

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2008, 09:06:36 PM »

An already rotten baloated opposum, when I ran over it going about 60  the thing just exploded. I had the stuff all over the bike my boots and from the knees down it was a mess. I went straight home to wash it. It took about a week before I couldn't smell it anymore, but my dogs wouldn't leave it alone. I cought my Lab licking around the oil filter. My boots cleaned up, I through the Levis away.   
Jesus loves bikers too !

Black_Dog

• Full CVO Member
  • CVO Forum Member #157
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2008, 10:56:07 PM »

1979; I hit a 4X8 sheet of plywood that flipped out of a truck near Ripley OH, it was upright like a door.  Had to replace the fairing and one spot light.

2002; I hit a deer head-on, $4,500 damage and a ride home from Telluride, CO in the back of a truck.

Tom :pumpkin:
2004 FLHTCSE

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2008, 11:17:34 PM »

An already rotten baloated opposum, when I ran over it going about 60  the thing just exploded. I had the stuff all over the bike my boots and from the knees down it was a mess. I went straight home to wash it. It took about a week before I couldn't smell it anymore, but my dogs wouldn't leave it alone. I cought my Lab licking around the oil filter. My boots cleaned up, I through the Levis away.   

This one reminded me of being a waiter in college and riding through a curve at the top of a hill and suddenly running through a river of cow crap left by the "honey pot" getting down the road to fertilize the fields.  It instantly covered my black slacks and shoes from the knees down just 3 miles from work.  I stunk the whole shift.  I hope patrons didn't think it was the food. 

..Hawk

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2008, 11:36:24 PM »

Got hit by a deer,  guess that don't count.  I missed the first one but his ignorant brother hit me in the right rear bag. 

First time I was glad the little woman packed everything but the kitchen sink as the weight must of helped us stay up.  Rode a bit further then stopped to get our legs to stop shaking and shake out the other stuff from our shorts.

Lucky,  Just some fur around the Bag Lights, although the bar was bent some.

Hawk

Magellan

• Elite CVO Member
  • 'Ride like the wind'

• CVO1: '07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2008, 05:14:07 AM »

Whilst riding along a straight road at 45mph I was overtaken by an unknown rider on a Dyna Wide Glide doing about 70mph. As he went past the licence-plate/tail-light/indicator cluster came off. It bounced directly in front and flew up into my face spinning like a boomerang! Couldn't duck as wife was riding pillion. I was wearing an open face helmet with the visor down. Helmet saved my life but still broke my nose and needed 28 stitches above the right eye. The attached photo was taken 2 weeks after. The bastard didn't even slow down, let alone stop!!

Apart from that the wildlife tally has included a fox, a badger, several rabits, a small dog and ...
"I can resist everything except temptation." - Oscar Wilde :coolblue:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 22 queries.