Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Ride Like A Pro West Coast...  (Read 19357 times)

jonga

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Ride Like A Pro West Coast...
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2011, 09:50:35 AM »

Anytime, my brother. :2vrolijk_21:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2011, 10:05:33 AM »

:2vrolijk_21:

Envithyx

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Summer Rain" 07/24/1963 - 07/07/2010

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 - Cherry Red w/ Flames and Glass Eyed Skulls
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHTK - Cherry Red Sunglo / Merlot Sunglo w/ Flamin' Eagle Theme
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2011, 05:11:49 AM »

Wow, not sure how I missed this thread till today.  Hope Terrie is making a fast recovery.  Didn't expect to hear that it turned out to be broken ribs after all. :(  Although, after seeing how hard the bike tossed her into the ground, I'm just glad to hear that they weren't broken so badly as to be immediately obvious.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 08:05:55 PM by Envithyx »
2009 FXSTSSE3
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Chubby Drag Bars/V&H 2-1 Big Radius/ThunderMax

2011 FLHTK
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Bagger Bars
V&H Duals w/ M. Ovals, Ness AC, PC-V Auto Tune and SEPST Base Tune
V&H ThrottlePak
SE Pro Stage III - 10.5:1, SE259E
HD Mirrors w/ LED Aux Running
HD LED Lighting: 7" w/ Bezel Trim, 4" Aux, Turn Sigs (Smk Frnt, Red Rear), Tail Light (Chrome), Fenders (Smk Frnt, Red Rear w/Brake)
Zumo 665 - Fairing Mnt - NIM
Boom Audio Spks, Amp, Bass Booster
Chromed Out

JoMo

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 08 black & chrome soft tail custom
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2011, 08:31:50 PM »

Uh-ohhh.  Terrie's doctor just called.  Said the radiologist found a couple broken ribs after all. :nervous:

Now who said she was milkin it? ???

Sorry to hear about Terrie, JCZ sending healing prayers to her.

Jo Mo NYC  :coolblue:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2011, 04:01:40 PM »

Yesterday was Terrie's first day back to work.  I had just returned from getting the 10k service on both of our bikes at Jim's when she got home from work......talked her into taking a spin on her bike.  She put a couple miles down.....said she needs to go further. :2vrolijk_21:

My bike is going to the dealership (factory warranty) this afternoon.....noise coming from the rear cylinder. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2011, 04:12:28 PM »

Sounds like good news/bad news to me

Very happy to hear Terrie is feeling better

Very sad to hear about your bike

Marty
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2011, 04:28:05 PM »

Sounds like good news/bad news to me

Very happy to hear Terrie is feeling better

Very sad to hear about your bike

Marty

Thanks Marty....if it has to be one way or the other, I'd rather it be that she's doing good.  I always have a warranty on the bike. ;)
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2011, 03:39:59 PM »

Good to hear Terrie is doing better. Hope your bike is an easy fix even if it is under warranty.

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2011, 04:16:41 PM »

wow, glad to hear Terrie is OK!! I was looking at the pictures and was really impressed at how good she was looking. Broken ribs must be a hard thing to detect in an X-ray. a friend had the same thing happen where they said no it wasn't broken and turned out it was. From the look on his face, I would say it is pretty painfull.

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2011, 07:04:37 PM »

Thanks Marty....if it has to be one way or the other, I'd rather it be that she's doing good.  I always have a warranty on the bike. ;)
No lemon law on wifeys either  ;D
Oh no, did I just say that out load?

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2011, 04:41:26 AM »

Damn I just found this thread. Glad to hear that Terrie is doing better. Gald it wasn't any worse than it was.

As far as detecting broken ribs. If they are still in place during the first X ray it is almost impossible to see. It takes a couple of days till the ribs start seeping at the break site for the break to show up!!!

I have got to say the Cali Crew sets the bar pretty high. You are always riding. A great bunch that always sticks together!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Terriez

« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2011, 12:23:36 PM »

Hello Friends

Thank you for all of your get well wishes feeling better every day . Hope to see you all soon!!

Hugs
Terrie

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2011, 09:20:57 PM »

Hello Friends

Thank you for all of your get well wishes feeling better every day . Hope to see you all soon!!

Hugs
Terrie
Terrie, just reading this thread that JC linked me to from another one and sorry to hear of your mishap.  Are the broken ribs finally completely healed and 'pain-free'?  I'm still trying to get mine to heal up, but they're taking their own sweet time.  How long before you were able to ride w/o pain lifting the bike and all?  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2011, 01:38:19 AM »

Spyder, she only logs on about once a week or once every ten days or so.....so I'll try to answer your question.  She's in the other room in front of the tube.

She really is a trooper.....she'll whine to me but she sucks it up in front of anybody else.  I think she rode the first time at about six weeks.....just a local ride of maybe 20 miles.  Then it was a couple more weeks before she went and rode for the whole day and in the mountains.  She said that she could feel it when she picked the bike up off the side stand ten, elevn weeks later.  But it's all gone now. 

Like you and I were talkin in our PMs the other day.....it takes longer to heal when you get up there in age.  She's 53 and she gets very impatient with the healing time......wants it all over with in a week.

West Coast GTG   

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2011, 06:33:17 AM »

She really is a trooper.....she'll whine to me but she sucks it up in front of anybody else.  I think she rode the first time at about six weeks.....just a local ride of maybe 20 miles.  Then it was a couple more weeks before she went and rode for the whole day and in the mountains.  She said that she could feel it when she picked the bike up off the side stand ten, elevn weeks later.  But it's all gone now. 

Like you and I were talkin in our PMs the other day.....it takes longer to heal when you get up there in age.  She's 53 and she gets very impatient with the healing time......wants it all over with in a week.
well, don't we all?  Tell her I said she's a real trooper to be up in the saddle that fast...my surgeon said a total of 3 1/2 months before I could get on a bike from the wreck.  :( aaarrgh.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 22 queries.