Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Author Topic: Quick run to Memphis  (Read 12245 times)

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
Re: Quick run to Memphis
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2006, 08:16:25 PM »

Some great pics, thanks for sharing them with the group!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2006, 10:34:44 PM »

Just work on the leak w/the wrong tool, and mess it up beyond repair. Then with your most innocent looking face say the following.....

"Honey, Come here let me show you something. Can you believe as long as I've had these pipes, and as many miles that I've put on them they finally gave out on me? You know we are getting ready to go to Cripple Creek, and I understand they really enforce the noise ordinance there and I really think to be on the safe side I should have these replaced before we go."

Now remember to keep a straight face, and don't act to excited when she says "Well if you really think so go ahead I'd hate for you to get a ticket."

That's one smooth talker...Sounds like a man speaking with experience.

I am lookin' forward to the Memphis Experience, I has been too many years since one.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2006, 05:43:07 AM »

LOOKS LIKE SOME US JUST KNOW HOW TO HAVE A GREAT TIME. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2006, 01:09:41 PM »

Judy and I got home yesterday afternoon.  When we left Memphis we took back roads to Nashville and spent two nights there.  To our surprise the CMA Fan Fair Music Festival was going on.  We had a great time downtown at all the clubs.  The first morning we rode the bike downtown, but, around noon (and after two Bloody Marys) I thought it would be best if I took the bike back to the hotel and return in a cab!  Smart move!  The next day we stuck with the cab!

After Nashville we rode east on I-40 and Spent Friday night in Maggie Valley.  Didn't stay at Jonathan Creek Inn.  We always try to stay with an old friend who has a motel there.  MV was great as usual (can't wait to go back in October!).  There are a couple of new businesses in town, two new restuarantes, a new bar, a new leather shop and a shop that rents Harleys.  Alfs (the restuarant next to JCI) has changed names.  Also, The bar in Salty Dogs is under new ownership and now has "live music".  The music was OK, but nothing like we heard in Nashville!

Oh, Brian.  Why is it that every time I meet up with you, and at least one other CVO bike, 100+ MPH rides just kind of happen????   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
I did learn a valuable lesson this time.  Don't ride at those speeds with your glasses in your shirt pocket!  They WILL bounce out when you hit a LARGE dip going that fast!  Oh well, I needed new glasses anyway!

Debbie, John and Mark.  Thanks again for your hospitality and showing us around Memphis!  We had a great time!  Brian, it was great riding with you again!  Looking forward to seeing you guys in October!

I have a few pics that I'll post later.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 01:16:09 PM by 04hd103 »

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2006, 05:19:40 PM »

Tommy, glad you hear you and Judy made it back OK.  Sounds like Nashville was a good time, too.  Wish I coulda rode with you all week.  Maybe next year. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Oh, Brian.  Why is it that every time I meet up with you, and at least one other CVO bike, 100+ MPH rides just kind of happen????   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Uh, I dunno, chit happens. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  Sure was fun lettin' your pumpkin wind out, though.  I've been looking at Rineharts on eBay ever since I got home.  D@mn, those things sound sweet! :o

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2006, 06:07:12 PM »

Glad to see Y'all made it home safe. Sure did enjoy the time we had together! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] Today we went to for a 400 mile scoot and passed by were you lost your lens. Didn't see any thing shinny so We didn't stop. ;D It was a 97 degree day today and my Lil Debbie was whooped so we came on in.

It was awesome being able to here them Rhineharts and Fatcats open up! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] Look forward to seeing Y'all again in Maggie Valley. See Ya! God Bless!

John [smiley=banana.gif]

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2006, 11:55:35 PM »

Gosh Brian that was cool to relive this weekend looking at them great pictures. Tommy left out this morning and looked like he was in for a great day to ride. We didn't hook up Tues night as I was late getting in from work and was pooped! Not use to partying all night and working all day anymore. Great to see you enjoyed yourself and greater to finally meet you, Tommy and Judy!

See Ya and God Bless!

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

Well guys, after seeing the great time you had I'm really bummed out that I could not join you.  I had Riders Edge (MSF beginner rider class) at Bumpus that weekend and then I was slammed at work getting ready to head out to Americade & Laconia on the 7th.  Maybe next time you or other CVOers come to our fair city I won't be so tied up and can join you.  Anyway glad you made it and enjoyed your trip.

Jerry (Ultrafxr)

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2006, 09:02:45 PM »

JR, can I get a shot of my bike in your garage?  You should consider doing garage decorating for your riding friends in your spare time!  

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2006, 10:25:02 PM »

THATS HIS SHOWER PHAZE [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2006, 11:39:31 PM »

JR, can I get a shot of my bike in your garage?  You should consider doing garage decorating for your riding friends in your spare time!  

Absolutely Bro! I believe your Ultra would look right at home in my garage!!!! ;D As far as garage decorating, Sure! I love spending other peoples money!!!! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2006, 12:26:15 AM »

I'll have to recover from the Fatcats and SERT before I can do the garage decorating, but when I do redecorate, you're my man!  I'll PM when I get my bike back!

cigarmike

« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2006, 01:04:50 PM »

Nice Pics.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Quick run to Memphis (Part 2)
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2006, 03:25:49 PM »

Just got back home from dropping my bike off at Bumpus' in Memphis for the 575 gear drive cam conversion.  Guess what?  It was raining again!  JR's bike was there getting a 15,000 mile service done, so we loaded it in the trailer for the trip home.

It looks so good in there, I think I shoulda said, "Hey, JR, look over there!" ;) and high-tailed it back home while I had the chance!!!  :D

« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 03:42:46 PM by 103tHunDer »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Quick run to Memphis (Part 2)
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2006, 03:39:56 PM »

Just got back home from dropping my bike off at Bumpus' in Memphis for the 575 gear drive cam conversion.  Guess what?  It was raining again!  JR's bike was there getting a 15,000 mile service done, so we loaded it in the trailer for the trip home.

It looks so good in there, [highlight]I think I shoulda high-tailed it back home while I had the chance[/highlight]!!!  :D

Sure does make a mighty fine pic  with the matching truck and all........those chances don't come along everyday.....but, don't think it would have been a long lasting satisfaction. [smiley=nervous.gif]  har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2006, 04:48:23 PM »

Hey Buddy, Glad to see you made it home safe! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Man that picture does look good, would only be better if there was a rainbow imbedded in that dark sky! Thanks for bringing my bike home Brian. I will be checking on your bike like it was my own. Bless ya Bro.

JR [smiley=banana.gif]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Page created in 0.268 seconds with 23 queries.