Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: VRSCX  (Read 13800 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: VRSCX
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2006, 11:38:54 PM »

I THINK IT'S THE BEST PAINT SCHEME FOR THE VROD SO FAR!!!!   LOVE IT!  It will turn heads too!  If I had the money, I'd buy another one just to buy it!  However, I love my 05 and couldn't part with  it just to buy another V.  [highlight]I went to a local mc openhouse yesterday and I think my Vrod got more attention than any of the customs there![/highlight]

Don't doubt that a bit V. With the Thunderheader, that SEVROD of yours sounds like a Ferrari on steroids when you blip the throttle. Add to that the paint and then the fact that a woman is riding probably the fastest bike in the lot and yeah you got some major attention comin your way  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] You gotta be thinkin " it's great to be me "  8-)

B B

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2006, 11:39:54 PM »

Welcome 07X   I have been  on one last week and am trying to get it ..  Much luck and  ride safe
Gene
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2006, 12:11:03 AM »

Don't doubt that a bit V. With the Thunderheader, that SEVROD of yours sounds like a Ferrari on steroids when you blip the throttle. Add to that the paint and then the fact that a woman is riding probably the fastest bike in the lot and yeah you got some major attention comin your way  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] You gotta be thinkin " it's great to be me "  8-)

B B

You know I honestly had no idea it was THAT LOUD until DC came down and I sent him for a spin UP the road I live on.  It has a few switchbacks WORSE THAN THE DRAGON at the top and I wanted him to see why I first hesitated to go up it.  He took off up the road and a few minutes later the boys' dad brought them home.  He has a really nice exhaust system on his truck and you could still hear the V over his pipes!  When he brought her back, my first response was "Dang that thing is LOUD!"  I was shocked!  

~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2006, 06:30:25 AM »

I just joined this Forum.I've looked around here before but decided to join because I am the proud owner of a VRSCX.I own an 03 A model and an 04 Heritage also.
The X cannot be compared to any other V-Rod,not even the CVO's.This thing is smooth as glass and fast.I still run the stock exhaust and find the quite a pleasure while cruising.It sorta has the feel of the Street Rod but I can put both feet flat on the ground when stopped.I'm comfortable w the drag bars and forward controls but the seat needs to be cut out for more of a drag racing fit.The new tires are OK for cruising and curves but to hard for aggressive launches,it fries the rear tire more than half way through first.It is very stable so far up to 140mph,I havn't held WOT on a straight road yet to see what top speed is.Top speed on my 03 is 147 mph,the speedo reads 150 on the X and I feel as though it should get there even w the 28th sprocket.The 5 gal tank doesn't do alot for me because I usually stop around a hundred miles when cruising on any bike.I did my first oil change at 500 miles and stuck w Amsoil.The only difference w the oil change is the fans don't cycle as often.The clutch and trans were smooth as butter w the factory oil.Very few accessorys interchange from previous years and there aren't many accessories on the market yet for the 07's,in fact I'm waiting on the smoked drag screen parts to arrive.They weren't in the crate.
I'm going to lower the bike and put some better tires on and start bracket racing this one.Test&Tune is Wed nights and I'll try to make a few passes next week.
I can go on and on about this bike but I'll save some for later.
The MoCo really did their homework on this years VRSC's.

07X

Welcome 07X. Awsome post for your first. I love that you're really passionate about that bike and use it for what it's made for. Going fast and racing, my 2 favorite pastimes!  :) Looking forward to see how you do at the track. Good luck with your new bike and enjoy the ride. Hope to hear more about it! Hoist!  8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

07X

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2006, 06:59:15 AM »

I don't like mid controls for cruising.For making passes down the track they put the ride in a better position for wind resistance.I don't race my big bikes,I just make passes down the track so that I have an accurate time and mph reading.It's fun.It's probably easier on them than when I street race.I love the look on peoples face when I keep up or pass them when doing this on the street.I have never been on the track,on a bike,for bracket racing.
Yes I have ridden other years and models of VRSC's.
The difference in the rake on the 06 CVO's and the 07's w the 240 make a big difference in the ridability of the bikes.The opened wheels really make the bike easier to controll at speeds over 100mph and in dirty wind from large vehicles.
I lowered my 03 for looks.I cut the rear shocks and installed the progressive springs and SE oil in the front.I put a 240 wheel and tire in the rear and weld smoothies for rims.The anodized skins and solid wheels make the 03 for me.The wind wobble is definatley the stock wheel design but never has bothered me or scared me enough to ride w white knuckles.I don't carve canyons w it so I'm safe not rubbing the chrome off my parts.I took a Badlander reach seat and modified it so that I sit over an inch lower than stock and 2 inches back from stock and I'm comfortable as hell,i'm 5' 7".I have a new seat ordered for the X to modifiy so my butt will be in a lower riding position.I'm saving all of the original parts because the X is a #ed bike,mine is # 41.
I want to make some passes and a dyno run w the X before I modifiy the engine,so I can have before and after comparasons.
I have had the 03 11.80 and am hoping for a high 10.90 on the X.After this spring the 03 will be in the low 10's and still be reliable for long cruises.

Vgirl,what part of the country are you in?

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2006, 09:08:51 AM »

The South...Georgia to be exact!  

~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2006, 10:30:13 AM »

I just joined this Forum.I've looked around here before but decided to join because I am the proud owner of a VRSCX.I own an 03 A model and an 04 Heritage also.

07X
07X,
Welcome to the site, glad you joined us. You will find a great bunch of members here that are full of information and willing to help with questions or problems if you were to have some. You may want to check out this section (New Member Introduction) of the forum and start a thread to introduce yourself.

Nice stable of scooters you have there. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

07X

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2006, 04:51:19 PM »

The South...Georgia to be exact!  

I'm in N central Fl.just North of Ocala.
FiredOOd,I'll introduce myself later this evening.Thanks

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2006, 08:15:11 PM »

07X,

Welcome to the site...Very nice...I look forward to more comments regarding this ride.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2006, 11:40:46 PM »

although not listed as a CVO model it shares the motor of the SE-Vrods and with only 1400 being made and the paint scheme i thought it would fit well in here
COULD THIS BE WHAT JORGE BOUGHT [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2006, 11:45:49 PM »

COULD THIS BE WHAT JORGE BOUGHT [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Was that a hint??? ;) ;D It was said he rode the V-Rod today. V-Rod for a V-Rod I can see that happening.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2006, 05:35:52 PM »

Was that a hint??? ;) ;D It was said he rode the V-Rod today. V-Rod for a V-Rod I can see that happening.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

like big b says..."so there you have it" [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2006, 05:44:31 PM »

like big b says..."so there you have it" [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
Can't wait until he gets here all excited and shows us some pictures. I can see his grin now all over his face. [smiley=vrolijk_4.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2006, 07:43:20 PM »

The X cannot be compared to any other V-Rod,not even the CVO's.This thing is smooth as glass and fast.I still run the stock exhaust and find the quite a pleasure while cruising.It sorta has the feel of the Street Rod but I can put both feet flat on the ground when stopped.I'm comfortable w the drag bars and forward controls but the seat needs to be cut out for more of a drag racing fit.The new tires are OK for cruising and curves but to hard for aggressive launches,it fries the rear tire more than half way through first.It is very stable so far up to 140mph,I havn't held WOT on a straight road yet to see what top speed is.Top speed on my 03 is 147 mph,the speedo reads 150 on the X and I feel as though it should get there even w the 28th sprocket.The 5 gal tank doesn't do alot for me because I usually stop around a hundred miles when cruising on any bike.I did my first oil change at 500 miles and stuck w Amsoil.The only difference w the oil change is the fans don't cycle as often.The clutch and trans were smooth as butter w the factory oil.Very few accessorys interchange from previous years and there aren't many accessories on the market yet for the 07's,in fact I'm waiting on the smoked drag screen parts to arrive.They weren't in the crate.
I'm going to lower the bike and put some better tires on and start bracket racing this one.Test&Tune is Wed nights and I'll try to make a few passes next week.
I can go on and on about this bike but I'll save some for later.
The MoCo really did their homework on this years VRSC's.

07X

07X...I have been in Tampa area this weekend  and  I traded my VRODSE '05 for one like this one yesterday....I went  to the dealer with no intention in purchasing a bike and I got this.....we will be in touch and congrats for yours [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2006, 08:07:23 PM »

07X...I have been in Tampa area this weekend  and  I traded my VRODSE '05 for one like this one yesterday....I went  to the dealer with no intention in purchasing a bike and I got this.....we will be in touch and congrats for yours [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

All righty...I'll bite...why the trade, if you are willing to share the thought process.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 24 queries.