Heated Clothing???

<< < (2/9) > >>

JCZ:

--- Quote ---Is said I was kidding..... :o

Just trying to spark a flame ..and it worked... [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
--- End quote ---

Cabo be nice......I know it's hard, but try! lol

naitram:
i have the h-d jacket liner and gerbing gloves. i also have the h-d Portable Thermostat. h-d was cheaper for the thermostat gerbing was cheaper on the gloves and would have been on the jacket liner, but i got it 50% off on a big sale at a local dealer. one word of warning the accessory plug on the thermostat may look exactley like the plug for a battery tender, but the fuse is different 1.5amp for the tender and 30amp for the heated gear. i made that mistake and had to pull the seat off to change the fuse. i love the gear though i was still riding to work until the end of november

JCZ:
I made the first plunge today. Went and ordered the wife's pants liner, jacket liner, heated gloves and heated sox (imagine that!) $640 bucks! Ooouch!!

mr_magoo:
My understanding is yes HD uses gell batteries.  Who's heated stuff Gerbing or HD.

JCZ:
Gerbing.  All the web sites I visited and magazine articles that I could dig up, they seem to be the premier heated clothing guru.  Plus, I could go to the BMW dealership right here in town and see the stuff first hand.

The "gel battery" question.......the salesman explained to me that Battery Tender is designed for regular motorcycle batterys that charge at a 1 amp an hour rate.  He went on to say that jel batteries have to be charged at a much slower rate to be totally efficient and complete charge....more like 1/2 amp per hour.  So they (Battery Tender) makes a new charger special for gel batteries.  It's not in the same type of package thow.....it's black and gold packaging and did not have "Battery Tender" name prominent like the regular green and yellow package.

He did say that the original battery tender will help your battery to last longer than a battery without one, but not as long as the new battery tender will help your battery to last.

Just another expense to either be comfortable or save money. lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version