CVO Technical > Riding Gear

Electric jackets and pants.

(1/7) > >>

JimsSEEG:
I know, I know, it's a little early to be thinking about winter time...

Does anyone use the electric jackets / pants / gloves / etc? Any and all feedback appreciated....

Jim

fxdjerry:
I bought Widder stuff (gloves,vest,thermostat) years ago and it all still works. I came accross a deal on some Harley stuff I could not refuse. The Harley stuff is made by Gerbing. Both those companies have been doing it a while. There are electronic and mechanical thermostats available or just a power switch. I like to set it and forget it. The heating elements can vary some manufacturers came out with using a carbon fiber type of element years ago. My fingers and toes are what get cold . I use the electric gloves and felt lined boots a good windproof jacket and high tech underwear. I tried battery powered socks once they worked but really had no temp control except to unplug the battery. Whatever you go with best to figure out the configuration ahead of time. Things like how many pieces you will want to power will dictate what cabling you will need.

hdnut:
When I think of cold weather it just means snowmobile season! [smiley=beerchug.gif]I need a cvo snowmobile! [smiley=drink.gif]

JCZ:
I've got the complete outfits (pants and jacket liners, sox, gloves, etc.).  Stopped by the BMW dealership and bought a couple of their recepticle sockets.......had a bracket custom made and powder coated and mounted on the frame right under the seat.  So we can both plug in very easily.

There are pictures here on this site, someplace.......you can do a search.  By the way, mine are the Gerbing for a much more uniform and consistant heating field (elements).

CVOandChop:
I have the HD heated Jacket for  couple of years now.

Great stuff, extends the riding season in colder climates & makes it very comfortable.  Don't need 6 layers of clothes!

I have the thermostat, but have stopped using it.  Easier to click on & off as I ride, depeding on warmth level.  Now I just use the switch.  With the Jacket, I am toasty & would not need the pants, etc.  Have been contemplating the gloves, but with a warm core temp, my hands just aren't as  much of a problem as previous.

My $0.02 worth.

[smiley=drink.gif]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version