CVO Technical > Riding Gear

Electric jackets and pants.

<< < (2/7) > >>

ccr:
Mr We and I both have the pants, coats and gloves. Mr We really needs the socks too, we just have not got them. I had the electric hand grips installed on my bike, and if they would keep working - I prefer them to the gloves.  It takes a lot longer to get on and off the bike, but except for ice on road, we have ridden all months for the last five years because of the electric gear.  A full face helmet, body core kept warm.... when the sun is shining the roads are calling. And I don't think we even shortened our riding days. Our tendancy is to leave home 7 ish and get home 5 ish and we do that all year long on every weekend available.  I know we would reccomend them. It is easy to throw an electric coat in the saddle bag when you are just not sure, and if you want it only for extra insulation good you had it. If you plug it in, Wow!.  Now let me say that we had a friend who tried to ride from Worchester to Dumfries with a very light coat and electric gear and he blew a fuse, no backup and no shops open. He claims that you should pack extra cloths and fuses just in case. I went to Myrtle this spring counting on my electric grips to warm my hands and was sorry I did not have a second pair of gloves when my grips failed.  JMHO of course.

[smiley=cherry.gif]

JimsSEEG:
All -

Thanks for the comments. I had looked at the Gerbing and Widder sites and a few others. Any pros / cons between Widder and Gerbing?

From what I understand, they are worn under the clothing - are they hot to wear when not riding - say when stopped and eating?

Jim

JCZ:

--- Quote ---All -

Thanks for the comments. I had looked at the Gerbing and Widder sites and a few others. Any pros / cons between Widder and Gerbing?

From what I understand, they are worn under the clothing - are they hot to wear when not riding - say when stopped and eating?

Jim

--- End quote ---

Jim......take a look at the amount of coils or loops in a Gerbing vs. a Widder......that's what made me choose the Gerbing.  Well, that and the fact that Gerbing is the original pioneer.....so I figured that they have more experience at it all........and the warranty.

porthole:
The Harley stuff made by Gerbing, is it the same? Only a label change?

naitram:
as far as i know its just a label, i have HD jacket liner gerbing gloves and HD thermostat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version