Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Modular full face  (Read 6381 times)

Frank FX

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Prostreet Breakout
Modular full face
« on: March 01, 2018, 03:59:37 PM »

Looking for recommendations. I want a Modular helmet with a retractable sun shade, light as possible,DOT,
something that opens up fully. Price does not matter. What are you guys wearing?

Thanks, Frank

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Modular full face
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 04:30:35 PM »

I'm on my third Nolan.  This time it's the N-104.  It also has the built in blue tooth capability.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Sprintkid

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 04:52:33 PM »

Shoei Neotech here. It is my second Shoei modular. Multi tech was the first. It did not have the sunshade. I wear sunglasses most of the time and on really bright days have lowered the sunshade all of the way down but that makes it pretty dark. I have also just lowered it a little when riding into direct sun and it worked well as a visor. I also put a 1" strip of decal across the top of my clear visor. If it is really bright with just a slight downward tip of the head you can hide your eyes behind it. My Multi tech fit better than my Neotech. Both in the same size. I did also by the thinner cheek pads and that helped some. Every once and a while I get a hot spot on my forehead on day long rides. Overall I really like it.
I ride in it year around. The pinlock is a nice feature in cold and humidity.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Modular full face
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 06:39:23 PM »

My wife and I both have the HJC IS Max. It fits us well, is very comfortable and does not obstruct peripheral vision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 12:11:23 AM »

just got the new AGV Sportmodular Carbon yesterday and think its an amazing helmet. Crazy light with best peripheral vision I have ever seen on a ff helmet. here is the Revzilla video on the helmet that I think is spot on after actually getting it. In my opinion well worth the large price tag. You get what you pay for.
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/agv-sportmodular-carbon-helmet
Alan

GKroadking

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: CVO Road King 2014 (FLHRSE6) sold
    • CVO2: CVO Street Glide 2021 (FLHXSE)
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 07:17:44 AM »

Me personally have a Roof Boxer since 5 years now. That’s the only one you can use as a full face and open helmet.
http://www.roof.fr/en/boxer/57-ro5-boxer-v8-bond-titane-noir-mat.html
Now I decide to switch for the new BoXXer carbon http://www.roof.fr/en/26-boxxer-carbon

I recommend this helmet

Gerhard

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
CVO Street Glide 2021
FLHXSE
Sunset Orange & Sunset Black Fade
Jekill & Hyde Exhaust
http://jekillandhyde.com/en_US/our-technique
131cui

helimd

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 08:35:51 PM »

My personal choice.......Schuberth.  Best helmet I've ever owned.  My big (7 3/4) head has always been hard to fit with a good helmet, but this one fit like a glove.  Mine came with the Bluetooth kit which I have yet to try.  Someday, maybe.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2018, 10:27:12 AM »

just got the new AGV Sportmodular Carbon yesterday and think its an amazing helmet. Crazy light with best peripheral vision I have ever seen on a ff helmet. here is the Revzilla video on the helmet that I think is spot on after actually getting it. In my opinion well worth the large price tag. You get what you pay for.
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/agv-sportmodular-carbon-helmet

Is it a quiet helmet?  Also, do you have a speakers and a mic installed?  That is a very interesting looking hemet.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2018, 10:52:35 AM »

My personal choice.......Schuberth.  Best helmet I've ever owned.  My big (7 3/4) head has always been hard to fit with a good helmet, but this one fit like a glove.  Mine came with the Bluetooth kit which I have yet to try.  Someday, maybe.
I totally agree! I've had numerous brands,  and this one has all the check marks.
Another important feature is how quiet it is.
The "TAZMUN"

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2018, 01:46:56 AM »

Is it a quiet helmet?  Also, do you have a speakers and a mic installed?  That is a very interesting looking hemet.
I did install the HD Sena and there are cutouts for the speakers that make them go completely flush with the interior which is great, can't even feel them there. I would say my Schuberth C3 Pro is a bit quieter but the difference in weight is extreme. It is even lighter than my Schuberth SR2. I also have exclusively worn Schuberth for almost 10 years with the SR2 becoming my every day helmet just because it is common for me to ride for 10-12 hours on a weekend day and the difference in with between the C3 Pro and the SR2 made a big difference to me by the end of the day but I missed having a modular. When  I saw the helmet coming out I had to try it. Cycle Gear has a 30 day no questions asked return policy (assuming no damage of course) so I went for it. Today was the first day I could ride all day with it (went 425 miles) and I have never had such a comfortable first day in a helmet. Don't know why but I could ride with the front up all the way up to 65 MPH without any buffeting or feeling my head being pulled back by the wind. My C3 Pro only makes it to about 35 MPH. Also having the speakers completely flush is a game changer for me. Ventilation also much better especially in the head on the AGV.
Certainly not putting down Schuberth as I have loved all of mine and still think the SR2 is the best ff made and amazingly comfortable for what is classified as a race helmet. I have spent many 400+ mile days in it with no complaints but after spending today in the new AGV with the ability to "flip up" when going through stoplights in town I am hooked!
Alan

DaveL

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FLTRSEI Orange/Blk (sold)
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSEI Orange/Blk (stolen)
    • CVO3: 2011 FLTRUSE - Rio Red
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2018, 10:40:36 AM »

My 2 cents ......... Have the Schuberth C3 & Shoei Neotec.   Both fine choices.

I got the Neotec for my ADV bike riding and find use often w/Harley for short rides as I find it bit more of a comfort fit.   If I had to pick one overall choice a slight edge to the C3 due to slightly wider view area (to me a BIG issue in comparing full face modular) and their cool option for mic and speakers - though sure wish it synced with Sena and others.

With the C3 I found had to insert rubber O ring under shield pivot point to fix the face shield flopping down issue - once that in place the C3 was close to perfect for me - before that I hated it on highway.   If interested in this handy fix see the thread @ http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/the-best-schuberth-c3-face-shield-o-ring-to-fix-the-face-shield-fall-down-issue.1133658/

The Neotec the flipping down visor has not been an issue, that is an issue where Schubert design is inferior to the Neotec.

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited "Wicked"
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2018, 07:38:18 PM »

Had a Bell Revolver but a size or two too big. Liked it at first but hated it in the end. Hurt and loud.  Digging the Neotec and the Neotec 2 now. Have not decided as I haven't seen the 2 in person but supposed to be improvements on dealing out rain and noise. Just not sure the Harley headset is going to work with neotec 2 because it has a removable piece for a sena where the Harley mic will attach. Not sure the Harley piece will work there and fit. If it don't fit the older Neote c felt pretty good in the store.
Anyone have a water/rain issue with front shield?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 09:03:48 AM by bakon »
Will

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2018, 09:24:05 PM »

I did install the HD Sena and there are cutouts for the speakers that make them go completely flush with the interior which is great, can't even feel them there. I would say my Schuberth C3 Pro is a bit quieter but the difference in weight is extreme. It is even lighter than my Schuberth SR2. I also have exclusively worn Schuberth for almost 10 years with the SR2 becoming my every day helmet just because it is common for me to ride for 10-12 hours on a weekend day and the difference in with between the C3 Pro and the SR2 made a big difference to me by the end of the day but I missed having a modular. When  I saw the helmet coming out I had to try it. Cycle Gear has a 30 day no questions asked return policy (assuming no damage of course) so I went for it. Today was the first day I could ride all day with it (went 425 miles) and I have never had such a comfortable first day in a helmet. Don't know why but I could ride with the front up all the way up to 65 MPH without any buffeting or feeling my head being pulled back by the wind. My C3 Pro only makes it to about 35 MPH. Also having the speakers completely flush is a game changer for me. Ventilation also much better especially in the head on the AGV.
Certainly not putting down Schuberth as I have loved all of mine and still think the SR2 is the best ff made and amazingly comfortable for what is classified as a race helmet. I have spent many 400+ mile days in it with no complaints but after spending today in the new AGV with the ability to "flip up" when going through stoplights in town I am hooked!

Thank you for the good reply.  Maybe they will have one at a booth at Daytona next week end.  I'm real interested in it.  Your review really helps.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2018, 10:56:41 PM »

Thank you for the good reply.  Maybe they will have one at a booth at Daytona next week end.  I'm real interested in it.  Your review really helps.
Dave, if you go to Revzilla they do a great video review of the helmet. Only thing they say incorrect is that the wind shield that connects to chin is not removable and it is very easily. I showed it to my buddy today that has the new Schuberth C4 and he was blown away how light it was.
Alan

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2018, 09:06:44 AM »

Revzilla likes every helmet they review.

Kid at cycle gear was excited about the agv. Not that looks should be important, but can't get past the green and red/orange stripes. Looks like either Italian or Irish flag. Not that I wouldn't wear it, just cover that up.

Noise and dry are the biggest factor in my pick. I love riding through the rain but hate a wet helmet. Also hate to play radio at 9 to hear it in headsets.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 07:00:24 PM by bakon »
Will

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2018, 11:48:57 PM »

Revzilla likes every helmet they review.

Kid at cycle gear was excited about the agv. Not that looks should be important, but can't get past the green and red/orange stripes. Looks like either Italian or Irish flag. Not that I wouldn't wear it, just cover that up.

Noise and dry are the biggest factor in my pick. I love riding through the rain but hate a set helmet. Also hate to play radio at 9 to hear it in headsets.
The one I got was matt black with no stripes. last weekend on my first ride with helmet I got dumped on about 20 minutes into the ride and helmet stayed completely dry inside. Just a FYI
Alan

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2018, 08:16:49 AM »

The one I got was matt black with no stripes. last weekend on my first ride with helmet I got dumped on about 20 minutes into the ride and helmet stayed completely dry inside. Just a FYI

Good to know it stays dry inside.  How is wind noise?  easy to hear music on head sets?

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2018, 10:31:03 AM »

Just took delivery of a Schuberth C4 Legacy modular helmet with the SC1 Advanced system that integrates with the helmet speakers, antennae and mike. I’d been waiting for this to come in for multiple months. Obviously, there’s no opportunity to ride with it in our present weather conditions, but the fit and finish is excellent – fairly outstanding as one would expect from Schuberth. I don’t think the in helmet/Bluetooth audio is going to work for me however - no way it appears to be loud enough to overcome my bike’s pipes, let alone road/wind noise. I was hoping this would work so I could listen to audio-books on my iPhone directly into the helmet and not use the bike’s audio system.

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2018, 07:03:25 PM »

Good looking helmet. Where did you get it? Cost?
They lever for the shield looks like it would be in the way for the of style Harley headsets which mount on the left.
Will

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2018, 11:11:09 PM »

Good to know it stays dry inside.  How is wind noise?  easy to hear music on head sets?
Have over 1000 miles on it now and it really is a amazing helmet! I can hear the speakers so much clearer then on my Schuberth. Not sure why as both helmets are quiet inside but sure it has something to do with recessed pockets for speakers.
Alan

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2018, 08:22:08 AM »

Good looking helmet. Where did you get it? Cost?
They lever for the shield looks like it would be in the way for the of style Harley headsets which mount on the left.

I ordered the C4 through a BMW dealership in New Hampshire after researching on line. The place I ordered from offers 20% off on helmets, so with the SCI system ($310) the bottom was around $980. expensive, but a few hundred less than some of the big name on-line sellers. The mike is built into the helmet and the wireless Bluetooth system would work for a BSR or bike to bike communication, so I wasn't concerned about the H-D mounting. As stated though, I don't think the audio as designed will work for me - not enough volume...

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2018, 08:13:58 AM »

Have over 1000 miles on it now and it really is a amazing helmet! I can hear the speakers so much clearer then on my Schuberth. Not sure why as both helmets are quiet inside but sure it has something to do with recessed pockets for speakers.

Thanks, I keep looking at that helmet.  They are out of Stock at Cycle Gear and Revzilla.  Only interested in the glossy carbon black.  My go to local cycle gear to have then order for me to try on and if I like buy.  Looks like Mid May before they come available.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2018, 02:33:31 AM »

Thanks, I keep looking at that helmet.  They are out of Stock at Cycle Gear and Revzilla.  Only interested in the glossy carbon black.  My go to local cycle gear to have then order for me to try on and if I like buy.  Looks like Mid May before they come available.
Just as a FYI I got mine from Cycle Gear also and when I pre ordered it I got a email saying it would not be in till mid May either but then showed up when I did my OP. Another interesting thing is whenever I get a new helmet I spend about a week with a spoon trying to "break in" the very front where I always have issues with my forehead. When I sat down in my chair with my spoon to start the process the styrofoam part (think its called EPS?) that you work on was so pliable that it took about 15 minutes to work it down where it was conformable for me. I have a huge forehead and getting helmets to not make me feel like I have needles stuck in them after a couple of hours of riding usually takes quite a while for me. Amazed me I didn't have to go through that on this one..
Alan

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2018, 08:49:54 AM »

Just as a FYI I got mine from Cycle Gear also and when I pre ordered it I got a email saying it would not be in till mid May either but then showed up when I did my OP. Another interesting thing is whenever I get a new helmet I spend about a week with a spoon trying to "break in" the very front where I always have issues with my forehead. When I sat down in my chair with my spoon to start the process the styrofoam part (think its called EPS?) that you work on was so pliable that it took about 15 minutes to work it down where it was conformable for me. I have a huge forehead and getting helmets to not make me feel like I have needles stuck in them after a couple of hours of riding usually takes quite a while for me. Amazed me I didn't have to go through that on this one..

Thank you very much for all the information.  I will go into cycle gear when I get home in 3 weeks.

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2018, 03:35:57 PM »

Let me get it right...your ordered at store and waited to come in? Or online and delivered to local cycle gear store? Pay up front or when picked up?

Going to have to try the agv and compare to neotec 2.
Will

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2018, 09:48:57 PM »

Let me get it right...your ordered at store and waited to come in? Or online and delivered to local cycle gear store? Pay up front or when picked up?

Going to have to try the agv and compare to neotec 2.
I went into Cycle gear where the guy had just seen the helmet from the AGV rep a few days before and was all fired up about it and basically talked me into getting one. Since it wasn't out yet he did the order online and I could have chose to have it sent to my house or store. Since I needed him to set up my Sena (how I met him in the first place when the WHIM come out) I had it sent to the store and did pay for it then. My local Cycle Gear has a 30 day no questions asked return policy (assume its a national policy) so I wasn't worried about paying ups front for it. When I ordered he told me the rep told him they would they would start delivering end of Feb but a few days after I did order I got e email from Cycle Gear saying it was delayed until mid May and gave me an option to cancel. I ignored email then got another email couple days later saying helmet had shipped and would be in store in a couple of days.
Alan

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2018, 01:04:20 PM »

Ended up with Neotec 2. Ride about 1500 miles now. 600 twice with rain half of one of those trips. Comfortable, quiet relative to my exhaust which is vh hi outputs and pretty loud. Road traffic is quiet for sure, radio can be played with Harley headset at 5-7 comfortable. I did get fogging in rain in traffic but did not install the pinlock face shield.  Found I liked the face shield not fully locked down.  But I stayed dry. As for heat, temps hit 80-90s with good airflow on highway but not in traffic. Lifted open when stopped. At 700 bucks it is twice the helmet the bell revolver was, but one downside, Harley headsets speakers are too big for  spot cut in helmet for other brand speaker. I had to make some Velcro backing and padding to get Harley headset to work. Then I got some sore ears the first couple rides to get it right. 
Will
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.253 seconds with 24 queries.